• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what players in the 5a west has d1 offers

Started by basketball21, January 12, 2013, 11:27:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: h82lose on January 14, 2013, 09:55:42 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on January 14, 2013, 09:25:16 pm
Quote from: h82lose on January 14, 2013, 05:52:36 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 14, 2013, 12:11:38 pm
Quote from: Too Short on January 14, 2013, 12:04:10 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 14, 2013, 10:40:51 am

It helps them sleep better at night. 

Who's "them" Chief....that's(h8t2lose) not an Alma poster.

Might want to read the posts a little closer before you set out to make an ass of yourself.

You need not do it when I can do it for you for free.

Yet the majority of hate coming toward Clarksville is from Alma.  It was a comment in general to all the mad Alma fans, and specifically toward h8t2lose.  You know as well as I do that calling out someone's grammar and a school's collective academic aptitude based on anecdotal evidence on a high school message board is about the worst argument a person can make.

As you probably aware of..... It is very difficult to play sports and maintain your grades at any college.  High schools do not even begin to prepare you mentally to head off the big world.  You have lots of distractions being thrown at you and are forced to make the right decisions.  I hope all the Clarksville boys do great.  I would love to see any player from alma, Clarksville, Mena..... Anywhere use the opportunities they are afforded.  I didn't mean to sound like I was being ugly towards any player.  Sorry if it was taken that way.  What I was trying to say was I think Thompson will succeed in college.  The others are up in the air in my opinion.  Sorry again if I was seen as bashing anyone.  I have had conversations with Thompson and think he has his head on straight.  Again, just my opinion.
Maybe not the one you went to.  Plenty do quite a good job.

My point is that colleges don't really care if you got in late for a game, or didn't get your book in time.  High school teachers and administrators are much more caring than most D1 and D2 colleges.  You can sometimes turn an assignment in late in HS, in college it's not accepted after the deadline.  Miss a test date, not guaranteed to get to retest in college.   That's all.  Sometimes HS teaches a one to be less motivated by deadlines. No offense meant towards any specific school.   

My nephew is on a basketball scholarship at UAPB, they traveled 25,000 air miles in non-conf. They were only in class for maybe 7 days from the time season started, till christmas break. They were/are expected to maintain their grades even while not in class with the rest of the student body(he did manage to make pretty descent grades). Fair? Maybe, maybe not. Thats what happens when you get to go to school for free i guess.
Seems like this would be extremely hard for any student athlete who struggles in high school.

basketball21

80% of you dont know a dang thing about what you are talking about..So please stop talking about stuff that you dont know anything about like basketball period.....Now lets say Alma is #1 overall they are going to beat Clarksville,Harrison and Jacksonville and win state...THAT IS ACTUALLY WHAT THEY THINK SERIOULLY...

Basketball

Quote from: basketball21 on January 14, 2013, 10:47:43 pm
80% of you dont know a dang thing about what you are talking about..So please stop talking about stuff that you dont know anything about like basketball period.....Now lets say Alma is #1 overall they are going to beat Clarksville,Harrison and Jacksonville and win state...THAT IS ACTUALLY WHAT THEY THINK SERIOULLY...
Guess I am one of the other 20 percent.

Lionheart88

I think it's more likely that you don't know what they're talking about.

gamekeeper

P.F.G.

I think we all know who the better team is. We have all been in this conference to long to know that it's really hard to go through without 1 loss. To think that there is no way Clarksville will slip up once is just stupid. You act like they are the second coming and in reality they are 1 bad night or a bout of flu away from hearing non stop about that loss.

Jett Stream

You might want to up those percentages...put me in the 20% that knows nothing.

h82lose

Please enlighten us on where you get all your smarts?  What school did you play for?   Because if you are so smart, and so overly enlightened on EVER topic of basketball, I would expect a great résumé.  Until you can produce, please understand you are in that 80%. 

Jett Stream

I played little league until I was in 4th grade.  My 4th grade year I averaged 3.6 ppg and 1.2 rbpg.  I watched last years NBA finals too.

h82lose

Quote from: Jett Stream on January 15, 2013, 12:36:49 pm
I played little league until I was in 4th grade.  My 4th grade year I averaged 3.6 ppg and 1.2 rbpg.  I watched last years NBA finals too.

That makes you in the 20% able to talk all you want.   ;D

P.F.G.

I played NBA2K 10-13, Does that make me qualified?

Jett Stream

Quote from: P.F.G. on January 15, 2013, 05:08:11 pm
I played NBA2K 10-13, Does that make me qualified?

Me too....i played it once, put that on my resume too.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

They say carmelo anthony's wife taste like honey nut Cheerios, i like honey nut Cheerios. Do i qualify?

InYoGrill

That 6ft5 1/2 soph from V. He jumps 42 in vertical and can palm dunk both hands.  Check him out.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: InYoGrill on January 15, 2013, 08:11:12 pm

That 6ft5 1/2 soph from V. He jumps 42 in vertical and can palm dunk both hands.  Check him out.

Does the V stand for vilonia? If so, i didnt see any kids that had a 42" vert when i watched them play. 32" maybe, but 42" im gona call b.c. and yes i know what a 6'6" white kid looks like with a 35" vert. Wasnt any on the floor the night vilonia played harrison. You do know a vert is measured standing flat footed with no step, right?

sevenof400

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 15, 2013, 08:24:06 pm

Does the V stand for vilonia? If so, i didnt see any kids that had a 42" vert when i watched them play. 32" maybe, but 42" im gona call b.c. and yes i know what a 6'6" white kid looks like with a 35" vert. Wasnt any on the floor the night vilonia played harrison. You do know a vert is measured standing flat footed with no step, right?

I don't recall the soph playing much versus Harrison but my recollection might be faulty.  He should see increased playing time as this year progresses and even more time next year...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 15, 2013, 08:25:44 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 15, 2013, 08:24:06 pm

I don't recall the soph playing much versus Harrison but my recollection might be faulty.  He should see increased playing time as this year progresses and even more time next year...

It wouldnt take much time to notice a 6'5"ish kid with a 42" vert. Thats like saying he can touch the top of the backboard. Its not happening. Sorry.

sevenof400

He's got some nice potential though... worth keeping an eye on...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 15, 2013, 08:33:49 pm
He's got some nice potential though... worth keeping an eye on...

I agree, he has potential. Needs to be playing AAU for someone. My nephew is 6'6" is vert was 33" as a sr. (Its now 35" as a fresh @ UAPB) i dont recall many people as tall as he is out jumping him, much less another white kid, and positive not by 10".

Eagle20

Quote from: P.F.G. on January 13, 2013, 07:26:29 am
Hate to say it but little ole Oral Roberts has been more successful and reached the NCAA tourney more by far than our Razorbacks in the last 10 years.  Good basketball school and coaching staff.
You're an idiot if you truly think Lee had the offer on the table form Arkansas and chose ORU over the hogs. That was offered when Pel was the coach and the when Mike Anderson came in he had a meeting with the coach and then "opened" his recruiting back up. The rest of the Lee brothers are great High  players but they wont end up at a Big D1 school. ORU or UCA might end up being a place for them. I hope they take the free ride and get that education. The degree will last them a lot longer than the ability to dribble a basketball.

P.F.G.

We really need to make new posters go through a tutorial on how to use simple things like the quote button.

That being said, Otis and richard davenport both mentioned that his style of play wasn't what Mike Anderson is looking for. He was offered and committed while Coach Pel was here. I'll say it again. No high school player would pick OR over Arkansas unless his dad was a coach or he was from Tulsa. OR is a great school and I hope he does well and takes advantage of the free ride to a great school.

Chief_Osceola™

It was a mutual parting of ways.  No harm, no foul.

P.F.G.

That's the way I meant it. Different coach is now hired and he has the right to honor scholarships to recruits. Lee will be fine but you can't sit here and tell me Arkansas is lower than OR.

ahsalum

Quote from: P.F.G. on January 16, 2013, 09:14:38 am
That's the way I meant it. Different coach is now hired and he has the right to honor scholarships to recruits. Lee will be fine but you can't sit here and tell me Arkansas is lower than OR.

Word.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas