• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did the Crossett Coach get the Sheridan head job?

Started by hornet2, February 18, 2006, 10:39:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet2

I heard that Sheridan has chosen the Crossett Head Coach to take over their program. I personally don't know anything about him. Benton's offensive coordinator, Scott Neatherly had put his name in and I must admit that Scott had done a great job as the Bryant Jr high coach by winning about 80% of his games and when he changed Benton over to the spread offense 3 years ago, the panther program really started rocking. Sheridan is going to need someone like that to come and get the kids all fired up about playing football again so all the kids will come out again. Good luck Yellow Jackets, since you don't play my hornets anymore.

moparman77

it would have to be a big time named coach , and want a lot of money to qualify .

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hornet2 on February 18, 2006, 10:39:23 am
I heard that Sheridan has chosen the Crossett Head Coach to take over their program. I personally don't know anything about him. Benton's offensive coordinator, Scott Neatherly had put his name in and I must admit that Scott had done a great job as the Bryant Jr high coach by winning about 80% of his games and when he changed Benton over to the spread offense 3 years ago, the panther program really started rocking. Sheridan is going to need someone like that to come and get the kids all fired up about playing football again so all the kids will come out again. Good luck Yellow Jackets, since you don't play my hornets anymore.
If that is so it is news to me. I will investigate.

heathwaldrop

My sources claim ignorance of this matter. I do know that Ingram (that's Crossett's coach) just had his contract renewed here this week. Which isn't definitive by any means, but I think maybe somebody got the wires crossed somewhere.

jbird

Neatherly is damaged goods!  He can apply for every head job in the world and he won't get it, well maybe some AA school.

Anyone who refuses to run what the HS is running as a Jr. High coach should be replaced.  But then to agree to run it, only to take the playbook and run to Benton is just pathetic!

R. A.™

Quote from: jbird on February 19, 2006, 07:07:08 am
Neatherly is damaged goods! He can apply for every head job in the world and he won't get it, well maybe some AA school.

Anyone who refuses to run what the HS is running as a Jr. High coach should be replaced. But then to agree to run it, only to take the playbook and run to Benton is just pathetic!
Wow!! Touchy subject!!!!!

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: jbird on February 19, 2006, 07:07:08 am
Neatherly is damaged goods! He can apply for every head job in the world and he won't get it, well maybe some AA school.

Anyone who refuses to run what the HS is running as a Jr. High coach should be replaced. But then to agree to run it, only to take the playbook and run to Benton is just pathetic!

Playbooks don't mean much... this is waterboy hogwash.

When push comes to shove, even if you have the other teams playbook it doesn't matter.  Just as Coach Campbell at Wynne... heck, even Rick Jones...

You can even buy almost every NCAA Football Teams playbooks online and from Glazier's Football site.

Playbooks are overratted...  execution and players are not.

heathwaldrop

It's not the playbook that makes the difference as much as knowing how to use what plays in what situations. A LOT of coaches seem to have a problem with that.

It's not just execution and players, but knowing about the abilities of the players that you have on the field and the players that the other team has. Maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses by calling the right plays at the right times. That's what the best coaches do and that's why they often win with inferior talent.

jbird

Some playbooks have a lot of vital information that go beyond X's and O's.   Not saying Bryant's had that kind of stuff, but you'd be amazed at what some stuff coaches put in playbooks.

spartan10

if neathery took bryant's playbook .why is he invited by d.patten to lecture in the landers coaching clinic at fayetteville in early march.patton doesn't seem to be upset.if any coach doesn't learn from other coaches he will not be very successful.i don't think bryant invented the spread,but neathery used it very well at benton the last four years.

footballfan-tastic

heathwaldrop

Still haven't been able to confirm or deny directly from the source, but every indication that I've been given here makes me think that this is a bogus report. How Ingram's name ever was associated with it, I have no idea.

footballfan-tastic

moparman77

rippy may be their choose, heard he had two interveiws. one was monday

heathwaldrop

Any idea if Bobby Bolding might take that one? He'd be an excellent choice I think.

jbird

Is Rippy unhappy in Booneville?  Sounds like an ideal situation for a coach.

footballfan-tastic

If the money they are rumored to be offering is accurate, then that would be an excellent incentive to make a move.  Especially true for a coach near retirement.

spartan10

Eddie Goodson

I have confirmed that Teodis Ingram has not applied for, interviewed for, or considered the Sheridan job.

The-Bookie

Coach T.  Ahh, that guy is scary...I don't think Sheridan can handle him :-\

footballfan-tastic

I heard it was 75$ and a signing bonus, I don't have that confirmed from anyone at the school.  IF they are trying to get a "name" coach it would probably take something like that.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: The-Bookie on February 23, 2006, 11:50:39 pm
Coach T. Ahh, that guy is scary...I don't think Sheridan can handle him :-\
He's a big teddy bear. If cornered, he could tear your arm off though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas