• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rich's Power System (RPS) 2A Preseason Rankings

Started by julesverne, August 25, 2016, 12:07:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

julesverne

The Great Rich Sanders of Rich's Power System (RPS) has released his preseason 2A rankings.

They can be viewed at https://dtgpodcast.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/class-2a-preview/

Stay tuned for weekly updates when the season starts. All updates can be found at https://dtgpodcast.wordpress.com/

bigworm

5a caliber, 7a caliber? makes no sense. so a kid that is a stud at 2a level.........what "caliber" is he? I saw bigelow add a "5a caliber" Vilonia stud RB last year. he made no difference. no disrespect to bigelow or that RB. But he didn't help much. I guess we all need to focus on "7a caliber" kids. this is hilarious to me. JA Fair has a team full of 5A caliber kids. Hmmmmmmm

beach bum

Quote from: bigworm on August 25, 2016, 01:05:43 pm
5a caliber, 7a caliber? makes no sense. so a kid that is a stud at 2a level.........what "caliber" is he? I saw bigelow add a "5a caliber" Vilonia stud RB last year. he made no difference. no disrespect to bigelow or that RB. But he didn't help much. I guess we all need to focus on "7a caliber" kids. this is hilarious to me. JA Fair has a team full of 5A caliber kids. Hmmmmmmm

Yea I was getting a little lost too just reading that rambling at the beginning of the article. I wanted to just hear the "meat and potatoes" of why he ranked the teams where he did. Overall, not too bad of ranking I guess. I would have just put Mount Ida at #4 and bumped Hector and Danville up one but overall not bad for ranking the top.

Hornet4ever

Why Burg so high though? Nothing against them. But what have they done the last two years or so too be put as number 9? Of course im biased of Hackett, and they have Carlisle ranked above us and we're 19? I don't get the ranking system. Is this Rich just rambling and picking numbers?

dawgpound

Quote from: baseball13 on August 25, 2016, 01:24:04 pm
HAMPTON AT 36 NO WAY.
must be based on not having a team last year. it will change rather quickly.

beach bum

And Hackett and Des Arc seem low. Des Arc's program is top notch in 2A and you can always count them in to be winning games plus that coach at Hackett seems to be running a good ship to keep them floating near the to 10-15 teams.

DragonFan99

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 25, 2016, 01:17:53 pm
Why Burg so high though? Nothing against them. But what have they done the last two years or so too be put as number 9? Of course im biased of Hackett, and they have Carlisle ranked above us and we're 19? I don't get the ranking system. Is this Rich just rambling and picking numbers?

I agree Hacketts rank is too low. Mountainburg and Hackett have always been good teams. Mountainburgs rank is a little higher than expected. No doubt Hackett will shine this year though.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Rich's system is a formula that takes multiple things into consideration. It's not an opinion.

baseball13

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 25, 2016, 01:31:41 pm
Rich's system is a formula that takes multiple things into consideration. It's not an opinion.
It must be an opinion because Hermitage is middle of the pack

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on August 25, 2016, 01:34:49 pm
It must be an opinion because Hermitage is middle of the pack

It has nothing to do with opinion. It takes the history of a team and all kinds of other things to get tgere, but not an opinion. He may have had to rankings done for a while now.

Dr. Defense

seriously no need to get up in arms here.....this was done by a computer....last time I checked football was played on a field not a computer....well at least the good kind is

beach bum

For those who know the inside joke of this. I do like to read, but I do not like to deal with math formulas!! No formulas please!

dawgpound

Quote from: beach bum on August 25, 2016, 01:41:59 pm
For those who know the inside joke of this. I do like to read, but I do not like to deal with math formulas!! No formulas please!
agreed

BigLion10

AA Insider

Pre season rankings do not win football games. Take care of your business on the field and let everything play itself out. Rankings are earned, not given. Although they create good conversations here on FF. Only a couple more days until we have actual games to talk about. Can't wait

mtindian42

Lol he has MT #30 this guy is drunk...and don't have 1 clue about football...

Cheek

I agree.  I think MT will win their conference.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 25, 2016, 02:20:50 pm
Lol he has MT #30 this guy is drunk...and don't have 1 clue about football...

By halfway of the season, his rankings will be spot on, it will have the title teams narrowed to 4 or 5. His rankings are the best. Because it takes out the human opinion element.

mtindian42

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 25, 2016, 02:30:13 pm
By halfway of the season, his rankings will be spot on, it will have the title teams narrowed to 4 or 5. His rankings are the best. Because it takes out the human opinion element.
so I should of said his computer has a delusion virus? 😄

birddawg1986

Quote from: Cheek on August 25, 2016, 02:28:15 pm
I agree.  I think MT will win their conference.
Earle has got this conference hands down. Cross Co, EPC, Marked Tree will battle for 2-4th.

mtindian42

Bearden_Bear72

They have Hermitage at #25.........if you haven't heard they don't even have a team.  A no team school is better then half of the teams.  To be honest I think the whole list is crap.  I agree with England being number one and Danville and Mt.Ida being in top 5, but he has Rison at 6.....come on.  That is just a few things.

Mr. Trill

Quote from: birddawg1986 on August 25, 2016, 02:44:42 pm
Earle has got this conference hands down. Cross Co, EPC, Marked Tree will battle for 2-4th.
+1 No doubt Earle will win the conference once again. Its always the semis that gets them in trouble. Can this be their year? #5 dont look so bad, but can they make it to War Memorial? Its about time that it happen

Donnie Jamon

Not sure they have it in the bag yet.  Earle is very talented but a couple of injuries could really hurt them. I know they have depth. I'm talking about the best 2 players

mtindian42

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on August 25, 2016, 04:11:34 pm
Not sure they have it in the bag yet.  Earle is very talented but a couple of injuries could really hurt them. I know they have depth. I'm talking about the best 2 players
what he said...⬆️⬆️⬆️

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 25, 2016, 01:10:13 pm
Yea I was getting a little lost too just reading that rambling at the beginning of the article. I wanted to just hear the "meat and potatoes" of why he ranked the teams where he did. Overall, not too bad of ranking I guess. I would have just put Mount Ida at #4 and bumped Hector and Danville up one but overall not bad for ranking the top.

FWIW, I have mt ida beating hector in the semis

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 25, 2016, 04:41:42 pm
FWIW, I have mt ida beating hector in the semis

I definitely think those top 4 teams will end up being ahead of anyone else in 2A. Maybe a team from the 6-2A has a say? We will see.... I really like the simple but effective system they have going at Mount Ida.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on August 25, 2016, 04:11:34 pm

That's the case with all 2A teams and that's why you can never put the cart in front of the horses, but if you think Earle has a issue, No. 1 depth chart is low low low...

Cheek

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 25, 2016, 09:55:49 pm
That's the case with all 2A teams and that's why you can never put the cart in front of the horses, but if you think Earle has a issue, No. 1 depth chart is low low low...

How do you think No 1 depth chart is low.  We have enough quality players, where we don't have to go both ways if we don't want to.

Pit Bull

Like everyone else, a few injuries and it will be a tough road.

mtindian42

England has 47 players according to maxpreps. I'm sure they will be fine...

jsky14

Cheek

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 26, 2016, 05:37:21 am
Like everyone else, a few injuries and it will be a tough road.

That's any team. If Earle loses Bohannan, they are a completely different team.  England only has 34-35 players.

bigworm

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 25, 2016, 09:55:49 pm

hey pitt, were you at the scrimmage?

Pit Bull

Yea boss... Didn't see 47 players tho... Maybe I got y'all mixed up, didn't see a lot of depth on the sides...

Pit Bull

Quote from: Cheek on August 26, 2016, 06:43:58 am
That's any team. If Earle loses Bohannan, they are a completely different team.  England only has 34-35 players.

We've got a good back up QB...

Lions84

Quote from: julesverne on August 25, 2016, 12:07:37 pm
The Great Rich Sanders of Rich's Power System (RPS) has released his preseason 2A rankings.

They can be viewed at https://dtgpodcast.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/class-2a-preview/

Stay tuned for weekly updates when the season starts. All updates can be found at https://dtgpodcast.wordpress.com/

looks good Rich!

Mr. Trill

Yea injury will be be a big deal with Earle if it happens. Who is Earle's Dak Prescott?

Dragonsvoice

I am also shocked the burg  is ranked so high but ill take it. we have been at the door since 2007 when we were in 3a. we even hosted  Kenneth Dixon in the second round we  had strong down 21 to 7 in the first half until they let Kenneth run the option, the burgs day is coming at least to win conference maybe this will be the year who knows.

bigworm

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 26, 2016, 10:51:17 am
Yea boss... Didn't see 47 players tho... Maybe I got y'all mixed up, didn't see a lot of depth on the sides...

I guess they listed freshmen on max preps to get 47. we have 34 varsity.

ISU7

Quote from: Mr. Trill on August 25, 2016, 04:02:28 pm
+1 No doubt Earle will win the conference once again. Its always the semis that gets them in trouble. Can this be their year? #5 dont look so bad, but can they make it to War Memorial? Its about time that it happen
Last season it was the first round at him against a 4 seed.

Hornet4ever

Jayepea

Quote from: bigworm on August 25, 2016, 01:05:43 pm

A "Stud" thanks 😀!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas