• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A Week 1

Started by beach bum, August 25, 2016, 09:47:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

The time is now for the discussion to begin....

Danville 49 Two Rivers 0
Berryville 42 Decatur 6
Gentry 48 Lavaca 14
Cedarville 35 Mountainburg 20
Hackett 48 Pocola, OK 8
Western Yell 20 Midland 14
JC Westside 28 Woodlawn 20
Mount Ida 42 Magazine 7

beach bum

August 25, 2016, 09:50:17 am #1 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:00:04 am by beach bum
I don't think many of these games will be close so it may be kind of a dull non conference week in a way. Western Yell has one of their couple chances for a win all year this week 1  against Midland so they better get it. I went 4-2A homer pick for sure with JC Westside too.

Bearden_Bear72

JC Westside vs Woodlaw===Woodlawn winning 22-21

Cedarville vs Mountainburg====I think Mountainburg will win dont know by how much.

Many of these games will be blowouts but those two interest me the most

Hornet4ever

Interested too watch Hackett play Pocola. Never played before; I think we win. But I've been surprised before. I know our junior high has killed them the last two seasons.

beach bum

I definitely think the games to watch for to give us an idea of how good teams will be are the Mountainburg vs. Cedarville game and the JC Westside vs. Woodlawn games. Good outings by Mountainburg and JC Westside could mean very good things for the rest of they year in the 4-2A for them and the opposite if they were to not look as sharp in those games. Those two are very interesting games for the league overall.

DragonFan99

Quote from: beach bum on August 25, 2016, 09:47:18 am
Cedarville 35 Mountainburg 20

What makes you think that Cedarville will beat the Dragons?

beach bum

Quote from: DragonFan99 on August 25, 2016, 01:09:09 pm
What makes you think that Cedarville will beat the Dragons?

Really just an opinion not to be taken too seriously. Out of all the small town games in western Arkansas 2A-4A it is one I will be scoreboard watching on fearless because it should be a close one and it is and underrated small town rivalry though out the whole state. Like I said above if Mountainburg wins this one it would be a really good sign and I expect them to go on and win a playoff game again like last year.

Bearden_Bear72

I would bet Dragons win byat least by 14 unless they just have lost alot of talent

corndog

I think Lavaca might surprise some folks week one at Gentry.  They've got some size on the line and a ton of speed at the skill positions.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: corndog on August 25, 2016, 05:30:19 pm
I think Lavaca might surprise some folks week one at Gentry.  They've got some size on the line and a ton of speed at the skill positions.

I figure Lavaca won't be bad

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 25, 2016, 06:35:07 pm
I figure Lavaca won't be bad
from what I know the played the same against UCA last year as MtBurg did, new year though. Bad news is they lost 34 to 62. like always Danville will be a team to beat just not sure yet on Hackett and Lavaca.

mtindian42

If that Qb is still at midland they will score more then 14 points. Way more

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on August 25, 2016, 06:42:21 pm
from what I know the played the same against UCA last year as MtBurg did, new year though. Bad news is they lost 34 to 62. like always Danville will be a team to beat just not sure yet on Hackett and Lavaca.

I have full faith Hackett can beat Burg and Lavaca. I may eat those words later, and if I do. Then oh well! But Danville, I just don't know yet. I may change my opinion after the first couple of weeks. The beauty of pre-seaaon I guess. A lot of hype in Hackett right now on how good we will be. Hope they live up too it.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 25, 2016, 07:04:00 pm
I have full faith Hackett can beat Burg and Lavaca. I may eat those words later, and if I do. Then oh well! But Danville, I just don't know yet. I may change my opinion after the first couple of weeks. The beauty of pre-seaaon I guess. A lot of hype in Hackett right now on how good we will be. Hope they live up too it.
I've heard the same kind of hype about the burg buy until we play Cedarville and the hornets not sure what we are. great expectation's can be a big letdown! Unless your Charles Dickens!

corndog

After their scrimmage against Cedarville, Lavaca looks like they're going to be a team to reckon with.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: corndog on August 25, 2016, 08:06:05 pm
After their scrimmage against Cedarville, Lavaca looks like they're going to be a team to reckon with.
who ended up on top Cedarville or Lavaca ?

corndog

19-0 scored three touchdowns and missed two extra points.

corndog

Lavaca had those 19 points.

DragonFan99

Quote from: beach bum on August 25, 2016, 01:35:51 pm
Really just an opinion not to be taken too seriously. Out of all the small town games in western Arkansas 2A-4A it is one I will be scoreboard watching on fearless because it should be a close one and it is and underrated small town rivalry though out the whole state. Like I said above if Mountainburg wins this one it would be a really good sign and I expect them to go on and win a playoff game again like last year.

I understand it is an opinion didn't mean to come off as harsh, and yes hopefully these kids will win more then one playoff game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas