• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton's record this year?

Started by #72 Bearden Bear, August 22, 2016, 08:16:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#72 Bearden Bear

All this talk about Hampton last week. What does everyone think their record will be? I'm going 6-4. They'll lose to Fordyce, Rison, Harmony Grove and Conway Christian in the 1st round.

Dr. Defense

Yea I believe this is the most likely scenario....who else do they play non conference other than Fordyce?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dr. Defense on August 22, 2016, 08:41:09 am
Yea I believe this is the most likely scenario....who else do they play non conference other than Fordyce?

Drew central and the Murfs.

Dr. Defense

dawgpound

@Drew Central     W
@ Fordyce            L     
Murfreesboro        W
Parkers chapel.    W
@ Harmony Grove W
Strong                    W
Woodlawn.             W
@ Bearden.           W
Rison.                    L
Open week before playoffs
I would like to say they go deep in the playoffs but we will just have to wait and see

Proud Buckaroo

I'm going to go with 7-3. Loses to CHG, Rison and fordyce.

flawlessthoughts

At worst 9-1. The only team that has the chance at beating them is Fordyce.

Proud Buckaroo

Do you even know what CHG has? They had a very talented JR team as well.

bleudog

Hampton already mercy ruled Hermitage.

Jack1990

Hornet4ever

I'll be surprised if Hampton wins half their games.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 22, 2016, 01:36:53 pm

They will win more than half. lol. But, I don't really know for sure how well they will do.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 22, 2016, 01:36:53 pm

Agreed.

Hampton is next years team.

And always will be.....

samschoice

....And Dayton is the best head coach to never get the chance....and always will be!!!!  Pretty cocky for coaches to be commenting stuff like this about other teams.  Might reflect poorly on your chances to get some of the jobs you desire.  IIRC, Hampton put a pretty severe beating on Norphlet a time or two when you were there...

Headhunter15

Rison isn't up to par... that game is a win for the dogs

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 22, 2016, 10:34:15 pm
Rison isn't up to par... that game is a win for the dogs

Something we agree on, I've said it all along Rison can't replace that many srs., and continue where they  left off. They were pretty salty last year

purpleswag

Only time will tell. If Monta is as good as everyone says they will be really good if the talent level is even a little better than what he was playing with.

Where did Hermitage fall last year in conference?

Proud Buckaroo

dawgpound

Finially get to see some action tonight as lake village is coming to town for a scrimmage

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: purpleswag on August 23, 2016, 05:12:14 am
Only time will tell. If Monta is as good as everyone says they will be really good if the talent level is even a little better than what he was playing with.

Where did Hermitage fall last year in conference?
I've been saying it all along. Hermitage took third last year with Monta & Kevin carrying a horrible supporting cast. In Hampton there's talent and ability. Expect great things from this team and the players. Their defense will be one of the best defenses in 2A.

Bearden_Bear72

A young team but with the add on from hermitage players I only think the will lose one or two games this season to rison and fordyce.  But that is just word of mouth guessing

dawgpound

they looked pretty solid last night. But it is still early and got a few things to work on but overall they are very physical and fast

STUNNA

mtindian42

bulldawg2016

Lake village is bad, but Hampton will mercy rule drew central and fordyce!!

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on August 25, 2016, 01:22:16 pm

Please share with the rest of FF whatever it is that you are currently inhaling because it must be good

bulldawg2016

It's some good stuff!! I hope fordyce has some DR. Defense cause they going to need it!

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on August 25, 2016, 02:46:25 pm
It's some good stuff!! I hope fordyce has some DR. Defense cause they going to need it!

ha not a Fordyce guy.......but you will lose to them

bulldawg2016

Fordyce won't be able to score enough!!! Even though they will be feeling good about there selves after they beat RISON!!

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on August 25, 2016, 03:03:11 pm
Fordyce won't be able to score enough!!! Even though they will be feeling good about there selves after they beat RISON!!
haha not a RISON guy either but keep trying

bulldawg2016

Didn't say you was a fordyce guy or a RISON guy just stating facts!!

Bearden_Bear72

Don't get too big headed Hampton.  I doubt Hampton would blow out fordyce.  Drew Central get blown out almost every year by Hampton right?  Not exactly a bell ringer there

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on August 25, 2016, 03:15:07 pm
Didn't say you was a fordyce guy or a RISON guy just stating facts!!

nope go back and check my posts said NOT a Fordyce guy NOT a Rison guy....

baseball13

CALM DOWN LOL Hampton is good but mercy rule Fordyce you might be mistaking just a little. I think it will be a good game and will come down to the wire. Fordyce might beat Hampton but I believe that Hampton will give them a run for their money.

dragondad

Mercy rule Fordyce?

Man they must be growing more good stuff in Calhoun County than peaches and blueberries if that's what you're expecting.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: dragondad on August 25, 2016, 04:40:35 pm
Mercy rule Fordyce?

Man they must be growing more good stuff in Calhoun County than peaches and blueberries if that's what you're expecting.

Thats all I'm trying to say....Hampton people I appreciate your enthusiasm but until you do something worth while on FRIDAY night you will continue to get no respect.....Respect is earned and you guys have done nothing to earn it except win a JR HIGH conference championship when your team was practicing 2 hours a day....much more than the rest of the Jr. High squads you play against...if you really are as good as all of yall think you will get your respect....but I wouldn't be talking about mercy ruling nobody until you prove something

Bearden_Bear72

Monta and a Jr. High moving up that won district.  Thats about all it takes for Hampton to get big heads.  They have spirit at least lol.

bulldawg2016

Dr defense you are talking like I'm a kid!! I was just trying to y'all heated up a little bit looks like I succeeded!! And we will do something worth while on Friday night when we beat fordyce you will see that!!! What guy are you if not a fordyce guy or RISON guy?

dawgpound

I hope Hampton wins em all this year, but mercy ruling Fordyce is kind of a far stretch. I guess we shall see in a couple weeks.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on August 25, 2016, 05:06:12 pm
Dr defense you are talking like I'm a kid!! I was just trying to y'all heated up a little bit looks like I succeeded!! And we will do something worth while on Friday night when we beat fordyce you will see that!!! What guy are you if not a fordyce guy or RISON guy?

not worked up man....I dont get in my feelings about a message board....just giving my opinion...I'm a South East Arkansas guy

sickwillie

Come on guys, Hampton will not mercy rule Fordyce. Itll be a low scoring contest either way it goes, but don't expect a mercy rule from either team. BUT drew central on Friday night, yeah, that's a blow out win for the dogs.

Dayton Kitchens

August 29, 2016, 10:35:16 am #41 Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:47:41 am by Dayton Kitchens
Quote from: samschoice on August 22, 2016, 08:52:17 pm

....And Dayton is the best head coach to never get the chance....and always will be!!!!  Pretty cocky for coaches to be commenting stuff like this about other teams.  Might reflect poorly on your chances to get some of the jobs you desire.  IIRC, Hampton put a pretty severe beating on Norphlet a time or two when you were there...

Wrong.

Hampton never beat Norphlet while I was working for them.

For that matter,  Hampton never beat a team I was helping coach.    Though that of course limits it to Norphlet and Strong.

Hampton did get ahead of Norphlet 20-0 in 2005 while I was there,  but we ended up beating them anyway.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on August 29, 2016, 10:35:16 am
Wrong.

For that matter,  Hampton never beat a team I was helping coach.    Though that of course limits it to Norphlet and Strong.

Hampton did get ahead of Norphlet 20-0 in 2005 while I was there,  but we ended up beating them anyway.
I don't think they'll mercy rule Fordyce but I do believe it will be a game of fireworks. This Hampton team is talented, physical, fast and has good size. Not mention, they believe no team on their schedule can beat them. This one should be good.

bulldawg2016

yall must not have read  my post about getting people stired up lol!! of course Hampton will not mercy rule Fordyce. I do think Hampton will win this game!!

sickwillie

I say Hampton by 6, but I am biased. The defense will have a test, and the offensive line will have to show that they can protect their backfield long enough to let the play develop.

Rida4Life

On paper Hampton should be pretty good.... but I think it's going to take a few big wins on the field before most FF posters start drinking the Kool-aid.
I can't help but believe that there will be some team chemistry issues with move-ins taking some spots from folks.  maybe not.... but I will have to reserve judgement until they actually win some games on the field.

sickwillie

You'd think so R4L but I think Monta and Kevin have already established friendships with the other guys as best as I can tell, and they're both fitting in well..

Maybe that will change as the year goes on and one name is called over the PA more than others

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: sickwillie on August 29, 2016, 12:53:00 pm
You'd think so R4L but I think Monta and Kevin have already established friendships with the other guys as best as I can tell, and they're both fitting in well..

Maybe that will change as the year goes on and one name is called over the PA more than others
thats one thing that does not need to happen at all! I think with the offense being ran there's going to be enough touches for everyone.

samschoice

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on August 29, 2016, 10:35:16 am
Wrong.

I guess the attitude about Hampton must result from all the times you applied for a job there and didn't get it.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: samschoice on August 30, 2016, 07:26:30 am
I guess the attitude about Hampton must result from all the times you applied for a job there and didn't get it.
That would be why all coaches read but very few post.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas