• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-2A roster numbers

Started by The Boz, August 21, 2016, 09:21:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boz

Well I have been told Carlisle will be playing with 22 this year. How are the rest of the 6-2A numbers looking? Des Arc, Hazen, Clarendon, McCrory and everybody else??

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The Boz on August 21, 2016, 09:21:15 pm
Well I have been told Carlisle will be playing with 22 this year. How are the rest of the 6-2A numbers looking? Des Arc, Hazen, Clarendon, McCrory and everybody else??

Thought someone posted carlisle had 18 or 19, and that was why the 9th graders were practicing with the sr high.

Des arc has 24 I think.

Cheek

We have Clarendon Tuesady, and will know their numbers then.

MomaLion

Clarendon had about 20 introduced at the kickoff last week.

big E

Ventman

DA only has 24, I figured y'all would have over 30 pick.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on August 22, 2016, 07:50:48 am
DA only has 24, I figured y'all would have over 30 pick.

We would,  but the jr. Class is small.

We do have over 30 jr high players.

mr.gametime

Not 100% sure...but I've been told by a few different people McCrory has around 30 players this year

Lions84

20 not going to cut it at CHS cause we don't have Pappa Frank on the Sidelines.

mcnewfamily

Ventman

Some low numbers in the 6 this year. I hate that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on August 22, 2016, 02:21:01 pm
Some low numbers in the 6 this year. I hate that.

We been low the last couple years,  should be on the upswing though.

Ventman

I think Carlisle will be up in the next couple of years.

BrianfromCarlisle

Starts with peewee involvement. I'm watching 30 practice 5th and 6th right now Ventman

Ventman

Yeah I just came by there, still lots of interest from the little guys. Just hope they stay interested.

BrianfromCarlisle

I don't think that will be an issue. Most all of them can't wait to play for coach Rob

Ventman

That's great news Brian! Your boy run over some folks today?

BrianfromCarlisle

Tackling today. Running through plays. They look pretty good.  And big!  Lol

MomaLion

Quote from: Lions84 on August 22, 2016, 12:36:21 pm
20 not going to cut it at CHS cause we don't have Pappa Frank on the Sidelines.
That's about what we've been having the last few years.  There were a few more called on the roster that wasn't there Thurs night so there may be more.

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on August 22, 2016, 10:12:35 pm
Tackling today. Running through plays. They look pretty good.  And big!  Lol
Yeah that's what I told my wife, they have some big boys on that team!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on August 23, 2016, 06:36:56 am
Yeah that's what I told my wife, they have some big boys on that team!

Well I hope yall take it easy on us, we just don't have any size.  ;D

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 23, 2016, 06:58:03 am
Well I hope yall take it easy on us, we just don't have any size.  ;D
Naw we are talking about 5-6 grade pick but for some strange reason I think you may be yanking our chain. DA always has some bulldozers! There are some good size boys on that Bison line this year, maybe two of them pushing three bills and they move pretty good as well but they are young.

Lions84

The only warning I can give you about Pew Wee is that some kids are burned out on Football and stop after the 8th grade.  We had 3-7th and 2 8th grade teams a few years back and we dropped to 40 kids for Freshman Football and by their Sr year they were down to 18.

Ventman

I agree Liin you can't put to much stock in the pee wee team for sure.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Lions84 on August 23, 2016, 08:43:01 am
The only warning I can give you about Pew Wee is that some kids are burned out on Football and stop after the 8th grade.  We had 3-7th and 2 8th grade teams a few years back and we dropped to 40 kids for Freshman Football and by their Sr year they were down to 18.

The problem in clarendon is you have zero positive parental involvement.  If yall had any, one guy wouldn't have to coach all the teams.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on August 23, 2016, 08:00:54 am
Naw we are talking about 5-6 grade pick but for some strange reason I think you may be yanking our chain. DA always has some bulldozers! There are some good size boys on that Bison line this year, maybe two of them pushing three bills and they move pretty good as well but they are young.

I knew yall were talking peewee,  as was i.

BrianfromCarlisle

What I love about our Peewee program is that it is very stable.  Same coach for several years now.  The kids like him, respect him, and play hard for him.  And As far as moving up to 7th grade/Jr. high, that is a perfect scenario.  Coach Roberson is the jr. high coach.  He also is the elementary P.E. teacher.  So, everyone of these kids know him, and love him.  They can't wait to play for him.  I don't see a big drop in numbers moving up.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 23, 2016, 12:32:13 pm
The problem in clarendon is you have zero positive parental involvement.  If yall had any, one guy wouldn't have to coach all the teams.
That's not at all true. We could always use more but they have several coaches.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on August 23, 2016, 08:35:05 pm
That's not at all true. We could always use more but they have several coaches.

Then why is ONE guy the coach for all teams?

MomaLion

He isn't...I'm assuming you mean the 5/6 grade coach. He may help the others though. Now I'm not certain about this year yet but in the past few he only does 5/6.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on August 23, 2016, 08:50:09 pm
He isn't...I'm assuming you mean the 5/6 grade coach. He may help the others though. Now I'm not certain about this year yet but in the past few he only does 5/6.

I'm pretty sure it's been the same guy on the field with atleast the 3&4 and 5&6 teams the last few years.

MomaLion

He may be out there but there are others.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: The Boz on August 21, 2016, 09:21:15 pm
Hazen has 28, mostly 10th & 11th graders. small group of seniors (6)

Lions84

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 23, 2016, 12:32:13 pm

Yes it would be nice if they got more help !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas