• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Return of the Little Johns

Started by DHS#1, August 17, 2016, 01:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DHS#1

2015 3a-4 Conference Champs and moving down to 2a what will Danville do this year? Do you guys think Coach Crane will finally get to coach his 3rd state final and get some bling after this season?

Ventman

Not hearing much from the LittleJohns posters. I think they will make a lot of noise this year. I wouldn't want to meet them in the playoffs.

mtindian42

Quote from: DHS#1 on August 17, 2016, 01:25:00 pm
2015 3a-4 Conference Champs and moving down to 2a what will Danville do this year? Do you guys think Coach Crane will finally get to coach his 3rd state final and get some bling after this season?
NO...!!!

Hornet4ever

In a perfect world Danville comes to the 4-2a and loses to the top teams in the conference and then wins out against the rest then takes a round 1 exit from the playoffs. Like I said though, in a perfect world.

seeya

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 17, 2016, 02:14:24 pm
NO...!!!
This is a good tough bunch of boys , I wouldn't count them out just yet .

mtindian42

Quote from: seeya on August 17, 2016, 03:09:25 pm
  This is a good tough bunch of boys , I wouldn't count them out just yet .
im sure they are. I was just messing around. Good luck to them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DHS#1 on August 17, 2016, 01:25:00 pm

The trip to Hackett probably decides it....seeing England in Little Rock would probably be better than playing England at their place...

Allen T

Not sure what the Little Johns do this year. There is a lot of talent in this bunch of kids. We had over thirty boys move up from Junior High. That along with all the juniors and seniors this year looks to give Danville one of the largest group of kids I can ever remember. If the pieces fall into place, we could have a very good team the next several years, Can't wait to see these boys on the field!

DragonFan99

Between Danville, Hackett, and Mountainburg they'll be fighting for the conference I don't see anyone else as a big threat this year. Mountainburg is looking pretty solid so far, but that's just by judgement in practice. Can't wait to see how this year turns out.

seeya

Quote from: Allen T on August 17, 2016, 08:32:00 pm
Not sure what the Little Johns do this year. There is a lot of talent in this bunch of kids. We had over thirty boys move up from Junior High. That along with all the juniors and seniors this year looks to give Danville one of the largest group of kids I can ever remember. If the pieces fall into place, we could have a very good team the next several years, Can't wait to see these boys on the field!
I think they will end up with about forty

AlumniLights

Quote from: DragonFan99 on August 17, 2016, 08:38:06 pm
Between Danville, Hackett, and Mountainburg they'll be fighting for the conference I don't see anyone else as a big threat this year. Mountainburg is looking pretty solid so far, but that's just by judgement in practice. Can't wait to see how this year turns out.

Practice? you wanna talk about practice?

young_gun

Quote from: DragonFan99 on August 17, 2016, 08:38:06 pm

Don't sleep on Lavaca either. They will have talent and can beat anyone on any given night as well.

seeya

Quote from: young_gun on August 18, 2016, 07:46:26 am
Don't sleep on Lavaca either. They will have talent and can beat anyone on any given night as well.
They may surprise some teams.

DragonFan99

Quote from: AlumniLights on August 18, 2016, 07:43:58 am
Practice? you wanna talk about practice?

Just making a judgement, anything could happen with any team. Mountainburg doesn't go to any team camps or anything so it's all I have to see.

AlumniLights

Just giving you a hard time DF. Mountainburg is always a playoff team seems like. They made the big leap the year they beat Rison.

DragonFan99

Quote from: AlumniLights on August 18, 2016, 11:11:18 am
Just giving you a hard time DF. Mountainburg is always a playoff team seems like. They made the big leap the year they beat Rison.
Haha, alright. Yeah that was awhile ago. The boys are hoping to at least make it to the 3rd round this year, not sure how it'll go but hoping for the best.

AlumniLights

2007 was a big year for them. Quarterfinals and all!

DragonFan99

Quote from: AlumniLights on August 18, 2016, 12:59:55 pm
2007 was a big year for them. Quarterfinals and all!
That it was. The teams after that just didn't seem to have the same intensity but last years was decent and this years could do really good.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DragonFan99 on August 18, 2016, 12:02:25 pm
Haha, alright. Yeah that was awhile ago. The boys are hoping to at least make it to the 3rd round this year, not sure how it'll go but hoping for the best.

4th place or conference champs is your best bet for that 3rd round appearance...

Big Cat Daddy

Danville will win 4 2a easily. They may be better this year than last, got some talent moving up.

Donnie Jamon

so ya'll named your team after a wannabee rapper? 

AlumniLights

Donnie Jamon

Dr. Defense

BigLion10

BrianfromCarlisle

Proud Buckaroo

AlumniLights

Proud Buckaroo

Hornet4ever

AlumniLights

Hornet4ever

Rap music sucks. Lol

But this was entertaining.

DHS#1

Or the rapper named himself after us?!!!! Wouldn't y'all think? Js  ???

Guess we will see a little bit of Danville tonight in the scrimmage tonight

Danvillegrad77

hope I can make it.  I would like to see both teams, even in a scrimmage.

bird dog

Danville looked good even though they lost.

Dragonsvoice

my opinion any schools in 2-a fielding 40+ kids shouldn't be playing in  2-a. that's  just my opinion. I hear Hackett has 40+ not sure though.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on August 24, 2016, 09:02:21 pm
my opinion any schools in 2-a fielding 40+ kids shouldn't be playing in  2-a. that's  just my opinion. I hear Hackett has 40+ not sure though.

That's ridiculous to say. Lol. Schools cannot help how many kids they have come out for football.

HorseFeathers

Danville has a huge sophomore class....upwards of 90 students, but only had 55-65 in every other class...

Hornet4ever

Hackett doesn't have 40 kids. We have around 35 or so. Biggest team we've ever had.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 24, 2016, 09:43:00 pm
That's ridiculous to say. Lol. Schools cannot help how many kids they have come out for football.
I know that. I just always feel bad for the teams that barley have over 11. like I said just my thoughts. I don't the  burg has ever had over 35.

mtindian42

what dose having 40+kids have to do with anything?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 25, 2016, 07:30:42 pm

It's just nice to have depth, and have a large group of kids on the team. It's a nice breath of fresh air for the program. Hence the fact that only 5 years ago Hackett had a team of 16 players. Our program has done a complete flip.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 25, 2016, 07:30:42 pm
Well  if I had to chose 11 kids to start out of 20 or if I get to chose 11 kids out of 40 who has the better odds isn't like 53 players in the college and NFL I think they call it leveling the playing field.

mtindian42

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on August 25, 2016, 07:45:31 pm
Well  if I had to chose 11 kids to start out of 20 or if I get to chose 11 kids out of 40 who has the better odds isn't like 53 players in the college and NFL I think they call it leveling the playing field.
if I coach a team of 40 players and we go play a team with 13 is that my problem? Sure you hate that for the other coach and school but you are there to win a football game. Who knows the next year he may have 40 and I have 13. 2a life for you...just got to deal with it...

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 25, 2016, 07:57:00 pm
if I coach a team of 40 players and we go play a team with 13 is that my problem? Sure you hate that for the other coach and school but you are there to win a football game. Who knows the next year he may have 40 and I have 13. 2a life for you...just got to deal with it...
I know its a pointless argument its about how many kids are enrolled in the school  not on the team but I believe in conspiracy theories. take for instance Hackett they were able to pull kids for football to Hackett but no other sport I've had a school board member and a residence try and explain it but doesn't make any sense for the two schools not to consolidate. pulling kids for one sport only unless kids chose to play at Hackett in other sports what eves!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on August 25, 2016, 08:12:14 pm
I know its a pointless argument its about how many kids are enrolled in the school  not on the team but I believe in conspiracy theories. take for instance Hackett they were able to pull kids for football to Hackett but no other sport I've had a school board member and a residence try and explain it but doesn't make any sense for the two schools not to consolidate. pulling kids for one sport only unless kids chose to play at Hackett in other sports what eves!

We only have 3 hartford boys playing. Hackett kids were able to participate on some sports that Hartford has that Hackett doesn't. Trap shooting/archery just a couple of examples. Hartford could just no longer afford the football program. We just made it to where kids were able to play football if they wished.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 25, 2016, 09:04:35 pm
We only have 3 hartford boys playing. Hackett kids were able to participate on some sports that Hartford has that Hackett doesn't. Trap shooting/archery just a couple of examples. Hartford could just no longer afford the football program. We just made it to where kids were able to play football if they wished.
I wonder do the Mulberry kids go to alma to play football maybe the ones that do want to play will come play wit us. lol I get it I just have never heard of this before it may happen a lot of places. what happened to UCA?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on August 26, 2016, 07:46:56 pm
I wonder do the Mulberry kids go to alma to play football maybe the ones that do want to play will come play wit us. lol I get it I just have never heard of this before it may happen a lot of places. what happened to UCA?

Sparkman has the same agreement with Camden Harmony Grove....

Union Christian got tired of not being able to compete at the state level, and left AAA, to join an Oklahoma Private School League

Warriors023

The 4-3A was probably the all around saltiest 3A conference maybe behind the 6-3A. Danville beat a Lamar team that was averaging around 40 ppg and 400 yds of offense, and that had beaten a 3A favorite Charleston just the week before. In the playoffs they kept pace with the eventual state champions of HA. They've lost little to nothing from graduation. I have them picked to win the 2A this year. Hector will give them a run for sure. But that madding kid is a beast

seeya

Quote from: Warriors023 on September 05, 2016, 11:54:26 pm
The 4-3A was probably the all around saltiest 3A conference maybe behind the 6-3A. Danville beat a Lamar team that was averaging around 40 ppg and 400 yds of offense, and that had beaten a 3A favorite Charleston just the week before. In the playoffs they kept pace with the eventual state champions of HA. They've lost little to nothing from graduation. I have them picked to win the 2A this year. Hector will give them a run for sure. But that madding kid is a beast
Danville lost several good players , at least three I know of .

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas