• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT CROSS COUNTY?

Started by mrkingark, August 13, 2016, 12:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkingark

Heard crazy thing, Williams Out???? Playmaker fill us in

playmaker04

He's on administrative leave. Got together with the other coaches in the conference and switched the Jr high games to Tuesday night. Well evidently there was a few who didn't like it and contacted the administration about it so the superintendent had a meeting with him because she didn't like that he didn't run it by her first even tho he is the athletic director and put him on administrative leave. It is stupid. Baseball and basketball kids play everyday of the week and there is no issue but they swap Jr games from Thursday to Tuesday and people lose their minds. Retarded. Got several kids saying they are not wanting to play if he's not brought back.

mtindian42

jsky14

OB11

What's the reasoning on moving the games to Tuesday?

Pit Bull

Quote from: OB11 on August 13, 2016, 07:46:09 pm
What's the reasoning on moving the games to Tuesday?

Yea what was the reason for wanting such a big schedule change?

mrkingark

birddawg1986

mtindian42

FD4

There was an article in the local paper about the move, had to do with getting older and travel on back to back nights, keeping focused. I read it and it all made good sense to me.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: FD4 on August 14, 2016, 01:33:26 pm
There was an article in the local paper about the move, had to do with getting older and travel on back to back nights, keeping focused. I read it and it all made good sense to me.

Then retire....if time is a factor.

Pit Bull

Quote from: birddawg1986 on August 14, 2016, 12:58:15 pm
His son plays for Wynne Jr High.

This would a major petty reason and would justify the actions of the Super. Move your child to CC, Easy Button!

bleudog

August 14, 2016, 04:15:38 pm #12 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:17:56 pm by bleudog
Quote from: birddawg1986 on August 14, 2016, 12:58:15 pm
His son plays for Wynne Jr High.

Administrative leave should take care of his Thursday night conflict.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 14, 2016, 03:07:38 pm
This would a major petty reason and would justify the actions of the Super. Move your child to CC, Easy Button!

is the coach divorced? Just curous cause it may not be that easy

Pit Bull

August 14, 2016, 05:17:52 pm #14 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:19:38 pm by Pit Bull
Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 14, 2016, 04:46:46 pm
is the coach divorced? Just curous cause it may not be that easy

You're right, forgive my lack of consideration of that possibility however what happens when the kid is in senior high?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 14, 2016, 05:17:52 pm
You're right, forgive my lack of consideration of that possibility however what happens when the kid is in senior high?

decisions would have too be made

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 14, 2016, 05:46:11 pm
decisions would have too be made

He will move games to Saturday then!!!  Seems odd that the conference coaches would go along with this though.  Maybe it actually makes sense.....

Donnie Jamon

This makes total sense to me.  If I was the head coach of both I would want it moved to Tues as well.  I would want to focus all my attention to Friday nights.  You get paid to win on Fridays not Thursdays. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 14, 2016, 01:56:47 pm
Then retire....if time is a factor.
You want every coach in the conference to retire? He didn't do this alone.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on August 15, 2016, 09:50:46 am
This makes total sense to me.  If I was the head coach of both I would want it moved to Tues as well.  I would want to focus all my attention to Friday nights.  You get paid to win on Fridays not Thursdays.

Developing the young athletes is just as important! Seems to me that there won't be much focus on the junior team in this format, Monday pre-game prep, game Tuesday, recover and watch seniors practice Wednesday, Thursday Senior pre-game prep (Coach is gone to watch son in Wynne or who knows where), Friday senior game so no practice. Results CC junior high gets skulldrug on every Tuesday which in turn doesn't prepare them for senior high ball... Just hire a first year coach to take the juniors.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Oldman on August 15, 2016, 11:03:21 am
You want every coach in the conference to retire? He didn't do this alone.

The other coaches swapped 1 game night, he moved his entire schedule, big difference Older Guy...

FD4

Buckaroo, how would you like to travel three hours to a district ball game on Thursday night, get back with kids at the earliest around 1:30, then get a short night sleep.  Get up and teach that day then travel 2 hours to your next game the next night.  That was all it was about and it only involved two games and even then, the opposing coaching staff was all in with it.  Retire, come playoff time the Roos will get retired.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 15, 2016, 12:24:06 pm
The other coaches swapped 1 game night, he moved his entire schedule, big difference Older Guy...
thanks pitt, 2nd post in thread made me think the entire conference switched every game. 

Pit Bull

Quote from: Oldman on August 15, 2016, 02:01:31 pm
thanks pitt, 2nd post in thread made me think the entire conference switched every game.

Yea now that would be something to talk about.

2aball

It had to be a coach that wasn't willing to swap that complained. The other coach has to agree to the change in scheduling, so why would they agree and then complain to administration about it? I know a few of the Jr. High coaches that agreed to it were excited about having a Tuesday night game.

On another note, Williams asked out of his Jr. High coaching contract last year before school was out. They wouldn't let him out of it.

mrkingark

It will work out hopefully.  heard u had to be a kiss-a** at that school anyway to get anywhere, I'm sure he don't kiss a**.  They have a supt that has no power, they have an rear't supt, who use to be supt, runs school from 100 miles away and works 1 day a month, strange!

playmaker04

We had a Jr high head coach but they demanded Williams be at Jr high games too. Now Jr High coach over Jr and sr. Williams is gone.

mtindian42

That's messed up... What a way to go out for Williams!

big E

FD4

The School Board needs to step up and put a stop to all the nonsense, get CCHS out of the allmighty "Charter School" system, cut the dead weight out of the payroll, tell the current super to get on board or pack your bags, get back to the basics of Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic, and quit padding the pockets of the Billionaire Super Retailer which is behind the charter school thing in the first place.  FD rants on...........

playmaker04

Idk what the h*ll is going on. Radio saying that word from CC school is he's still on administrative leave.

mtindian42

Sounds like CC is playing mind games with the public... That ain't cool... Is he out or in? Pick one...  ??? Gezee!!!

Donnie Jamon

yall know that he is gonna be back before the first game.  maybe 2nd..  if they don't want the jr high coach coaching the jr high, they sure as heck aint gonna let him coach sr high

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: FD4 on August 15, 2016, 01:54:27 pm
Buckaroo, how would you like to travel three hours to a district ball game on Thursday night, get back with kids at the earliest around 1:30, then get a short night sleep.  Get up and teach that day then travel 2 hours to your next game the next night.  That was all it was about and it only involved two games and even then, the opposing coaching staff was all in with it.  Retire, come playoff time the Roos will get retired.

Do you know how many high school coaches do this? You don't see them wanting to change JR high games to Tuesday nights.

big E

Hey we will trade Williams can come to PW and Y'all can have Sartin and T- Birds graduate Tommy Wells. That's a fair trade.

OB11

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2016, 01:43:35 pm
Do you know how many high school coaches do this? You don't see them wanting to change JR high games to Tuesday nights.

Absolutely.  That is exactly what they are signing up for when they take the job and they know that going in.

Hornet guy

Is Greenwell still the jr high coach . I think he would do a good job if given the chance with the Sr high team . Seems to me if Williams wants to watch his son play he should come play for THE THUNDERCHICKENS !!!!

mrkingark

A lot of stuff good and bad said on this and who knows about why his son goes to Wynne and if he and his wife are even together.  And yes a lot of coaches do this, why move for being tired? Bottom line is he tried to be at CCHS games and support his son, the way he did it made people mad. Ever see players that have no parent there for support,, maybe he didn't want to be one of those.  Well if he does loose his job, he's a heck of a coach, and lost it for his son! besides for GOD is there a better reason?

Pit Bull

If there is a Junior High Coach, it shouldn't be required that he's there is my opinion.

big E

What Steve Williams did for that program deserves a little more respect than some are giving him.

Pit Bull

If there is a Junior High Coach, it shouldn't be required that he's there is my opinion.

2aball

Quote from: big E on August 16, 2016, 06:20:00 pm
What Steve Williams did for that program deserves a little more respect than some are giving him.

He's a great guy as well. I hate that this is happening to him. He tried everything he could to work this out for the benefit of both his son and his school. The administration just refused to cooperate with him.

I really don't see what the big deal with letting him out of Jr. High coaching duties was if he wasn't even the Jr. High head coach.

switch hitting tackle

I, like most, only have second hand info, i.e. street talk. Steve Williams' actual job title is Athletic Director. He doesn't have the power that Frank Broyles had, but from what I have heard,  he is required to be at all games.

Talk on the street is that he has applied for or sought a coaching position at Wynne for years.  I have no idea if this is true or not, but I do know he wants his son to stay in Wynne,  mainly for the exposure that school has.

I also understand why he would and should make all his son's games,  but some believe he has changed the schedules of many families,  to benefit his own, which is what some believe is overstepping his bounds.

Another rumor,  I have no proof so it's what I'll call it, was that Williams was contemplating resigning after last season,  because of the conflict,  but was told that he and the school would work it out so that he would stay.

Personally,  I only care about the students and players that have plenty to deal with,  without the drama that has been created by this fiasco. Who are to blame?  As we were always taught, you win as a team, you lose as a team. Both the administration and Williams have to take the blame for this one.

Missco

A coach knows the deal going in. No more no less. You don't move 9th grade games just to benefit yourself. That is very selfish. Why doesn't the child move to Cross County. I can see where the administration is coming from.  He is putting his wants above his players and school.

dragondad

His personal reasons aside,  I can see the reason for not wanting to play on Thursdays and then again the next night....especially if Thursdays JR game is away.  He's the AD right?  Why should it matter if the opposing team is agreeable to the schedule change?

Missco

That's fine except Jr. High games have been on Thursday nights forever. Travel has never mattered before. He is putting his interest above his school's and student's.

dragondad

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 18, 2016, 07:12:00 am
I guess I'm crazy but I still don't understand the issue here.  So what if they play on Tuesdays?

I agree,  as a parent of three, one Jr High and two Seniors, I'd prefer Jr games be on Tuesday.  What's the schools interest in demanding games on Thursday?  Is it just the fact that "it's always been done that way",  or is someone just trying to show the AD/coach who's the boss.

Pit Bull

What would the Junior High practice schedule look like?

dragondad

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 18, 2016, 09:30:04 am
What would the Junior High practice schedule look like?

Not sure about CC, but our Jr High practices during their athletics periods during the school day.

switch hitting tackle

August 18, 2016, 10:14:53 am #49 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:38:17 am by switch hitting tackle
I'm sure the "who's boss" element has been asserted. Maybe,  to Williams, "it's just a job, life will go on". Maybe his heart isn't where it should be,  then again maybe it is. If you don't believe enough in your program to want your kid to be a part of it, then maybe it's time to move on. I don't think that Tuesday games was the problem,  it's more of a heart issue.

The timing of all of this is the most bothersome part of it. This should have been worked out and decided at the end of last season.  Now we have a bunch of disappointed athletes who have done their part to get where they are, only to find out that it may not have mattered.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas