• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers for Hackett and NW Arkansas!!

Started by Wildcatalumni21, August 10, 2016, 11:26:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

If everyone could stop and say a prayer for Hackett and the area up there!! A gunman is on the loose still with a semi automatic firearm and has already shot the Hackett Chief of Police and a Sebastian County Deputy!! May God be with them all and their families and I pray they find this worthless person and dispose of him before any more people are injured!!

dragondad

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 10, 2016, 11:26:47 am
If everyone could stop and say a prayer for Hackett and the area up there!! A gunman is on the loose still with a semi automatic firearm and has already shot the Hackett Chief of Police and a Sebastian County Deputy!! May God be with them all and their families and I pray they find this worthless person and dispose of him before any more people are injured!!

Chief Spells has been a good friend of mine for many many years,  probably one of the most ethical and truly caring law enforcement officers I ever worked with or knew of.   He sent me a message shortly ago and said he was fine, the bullet just grazed his temple.  The Deputy wasn't as lucky.   Please pray for all of those involved and that no more officers or innocent civilians are injured. 

bigworm

Ventman

Wow this world is nutts! Prayers from Carlisle

Bigditchlion

What is wrong with people?!!! Praying for Hackett.

Dr. Defense

Prayers for those involved.....my dad is retired from law enforcement and my brother is a police officer....always hate to read stuff like this

beach bum

I imagine the community will rally around these men's family like good small towns always do in terrible situations in life. I hope the officers recover as fast and as strong as the can in the weeks and months to come. What are the updates on each officer involved?

dragondad

Quote from: beach bum on August 10, 2016, 03:11:52 pm
I imagine the community will rally around these men's family like good small towns always do in terrible situations in life. I hope the officers recover as fast and as strong as the can in the weeks and months to come. What are the updates on each officer involved?

Darrell  (Chief Spells) is ok, he messaged me earlier and said the bullet grazed his temple.   I haven't heard about the other Deputy, last I heard he was critical.

Pit Bull

beach bum

Word has just come out the second man has passed.... Some drug head went and ruined an entire family's life forever now with his actions today.

Wildcatalumni21

As a law enforcement officer in my county this is sickening and saddening!! Yes Deputy Cooper of the Sebastian County Sheriff's Office has passed away due to his injuries!! I hope and pray to God that America will eventually put her foot down and stand behind the thin blue line and help stop all this killing!! May God Bless Chief Spells and Deputy Cooper's family from Pope County and Hector!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Prayers for all the families involved from Warren

mlt

Prayers for the families and the entire community.  God Bless!!

MomaLion

Many prayers for those families and the community  :'(

mtindian42

mtindian42

They have the man in custody. There is just no respect for law enforcement any more. Tv only seems to show the bad cops... And that has become the perception of all cops. Unfortunately this is only going to get worse...there is a war going on and cops are the targets...if you are one be carefull cause your under attack...

Hornet4ever

Thanks for the prayers. As only a few know on here, I work in law enforcement. Darrell is a good friend and Deputy Cooper was a special man. With only 2 months left until his retirement, him being gunned down is truly tragic. Thank you for your kind words. This has been very tough for all of us. I'm just thankful Chief Spells is okay, I spoke with him yesterday and he is recovering.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 11, 2016, 11:25:23 am
Thanks for the prayers. As only a few know on here, I work in law enforcement. Darrell is a good friend and Deputy Cooper was a special man. With only 2 months left until his retirement, him being gunned down is truly tragic. Thank you for your kind words. This has been very tough for all of us. I'm just thankful Chief Spells is okay, I spoke with him yesterday and he is recovering.
so sad, prayers from mcgehee.

Dayton Kitchens

Prayers from Augusta. 

I heard on the radio that the guy also disabled a police robot and shot a police dog that fled the scene and was unaccounted for.

Did they find  the dog?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on August 11, 2016, 11:53:28 pm
Prayers from Augusta. 

I heard on the radio that the guy also disabled a police robot and shot a police dog that fled the scene and was unaccounted for.

Did they find  the dog?

The robot was destroyed in the gun battle and k-9 Officer Kina was found today.

dragondad

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on August 11, 2016, 11:53:28 pm
Prayers from Augusta. 

Did they find  the dog?

http://5newsonline.com/2016/08/12/k-9-officer-involved-in-sebastian-county-shooting-found-alive-greenwood-police-say/

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas