• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twist in things

Started by flawlessthoughts, August 09, 2016, 10:31:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

August 11, 2016, 03:25:31 pm #50 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:29:41 pm by mtindian42
Lol... The warren guys would know this better then me but I'm pretty sure bo has put a lot of kids in major programs... How many has ables produced? Any one in there right mind that cared any about this kids future at all would have sent him to warren...it just makes sense!

STUNNA

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 11, 2016, 03:25:31 pm
Lol... The warren guys would know this better then me but I'm pretty sure bo has put a lot of kids in major programs... How many has ables produced? Any one in there right mind that cared any about this kids future at all would have sent him to warren...it just makes since!

The only people that don't get this are hermitage and monta supporters...lol

HorseFeathers

seen Kenneth dixon erase a 24 point lead against a team that won a state championship (magazine)......seen the mountainburg defense that Monta couldn't beat last year....what am I missing here?

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 11, 2016, 09:18:41 am
Monta is the best high school athlete I've witnessed with my own two and I had the pleasures off watching DMac, J Wright, G Child's, J Adams & Michael Dyer play high school ball. If he had played with a team that didn't depend on him so much for special teams, offensively & defensively he would be talked about as one of the best players to ever play high school ball in the state of Arkansas. The kid is that good. This season he will be playing with a team that won't depend on him scoring every touchdown and making every tackle to win. Should be interesting.
You don't go back very far. He is good. But even mentioning best ever is beyond a stretch. And I know you said if, but you are really overreaching.

bleudog

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on August 09, 2016, 10:45:29 pm
Maybe Carlisle, Des Arc, and Hazen can combine players and make a team. Surely no one would cry foul. Lol

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 09, 2016, 10:56:24 pm
That wouldn't cause any fuss at all...

PB, what year did the Norphlet kids start playing for Smackover?

I was wondering if that's what caused Smackover to get to Little Rock in 2014; or was that what caused Smackover not to be able to get back in 2015?   ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on August 11, 2016, 05:13:34 pm

I was wondering if that's what caused Smackover to get to Little Rock in 2014; or was that what caused Smackover not to be able to get back in 2015?   ;)

did hermitage and hampton consolidate?

AirWarren

August 11, 2016, 05:55:51 pm #56 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 05:58:58 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 11, 2016, 09:18:41 am
Monta is the best high school athlete I've witnessed with my own two and I had the pleasures off watching DMac, J Wright, G Child's, J Adams & Michael Dyer play high school ball. If he had played with a team that didn't depend on him so much for special teams, offensively & defensively he would be talked about as one of the best players to ever play high school ball in the state of Arkansas. The kid is that good. This season he will be playing with a team that won't depend on him scoring every touchdown and making every tackle to win. Should be interesting.

Time will tell so I would really really be cautious of your claims.

Jarius and the Warren boys have the actual resume to show for it. Same for McFadden and dyer. Monte hasn't even gotten out of high school yet so it's a safe bet to say that you're prematurely placing this kid in the ranks of people that are proven.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on August 11, 2016, 03:10:41 pm
Warren has kids that would do the same thing against 2a competition...lol

Warren has the the number 32 player in the nation at WR. A 10th grader. Who has a true offer, not "interests".

Monte has a big year ahead of him with a solid supporting cast around him.

Jack1990

flawlessthoughts

August 11, 2016, 07:39:08 pm #59 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:52:24 pm by flawlessthoughts
Quote from: STUNNA on August 11, 2016, 03:10:41 pm
Warren has kids that would do the same thing against 2a competition...lol
Hermitage kids usually do well after transferring to Warren so don't use the 2A to 4A thing. If I'm not mistaken Warrens previous championship team was led by a Hermitage transfer. By the way, the 2A puts out just as many D1 prospects as the 4A when you average out the numbers.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 11, 2016, 03:23:07 pm
Monta is a great player no doubt and will do great things in his future but McFadden and Dyer on levels by themselves out of that group you just named they were absolute monsters on the gridiron
I witnessed them play and neither was as talented as Monta. Monta is "a monster on the gridiron".Although he has done so many praise worthy things playing with such a horrible team in Hermitage took away from him. Not to mention we have only witnessed raw talent. The Hermitage sports program is horrible.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 11, 2016, 07:51:20 pm
I witnessed them play and neither was as talented as Monta. Monta is "a monster on the gridiron".Although he has done so many praise worthy things playing with such a horrible team in Hermitage took away from him. Not to mention we have only witnessed raw talent. The Hermitage sports program is horrible.

So now that he's not at Hermitage anymore, it's time to bash the program that you've been defending for two years?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bleudog on August 11, 2016, 05:13:34 pm

Norphlet was allowed to play for Smackover in 2014. They actually merged the schools in 2015.

BigLion10

I disagree Dyer was ranked the number 1 player in the nation coming out of high school for a reason man. He guided a decent warriors team all the way to the state semi finals in 5A which was a tough feat back then

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 11, 2016, 07:59:19 pm
I disagree Dyer was ranked the number 1 player in the nation coming out of high school for a reason man. He guided a decent warriors team all the way to the state semi finals in 5A which was a tough feat back then

Was Dyer not on the team that lost to Greenwood in WMS?

BigLion10

Yes it was WMS my bad. Couldn't remember if they lost in the semis or finals to greenwood

AirWarren

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 11, 2016, 07:39:08 pm
Hermitage kids usually do well after transferring to Warren so don't use the 2A to 4A thing. If I'm not mistaken Warrens previous championship team was led by a Hermitage transfer. By the way, the 2A puts out just as many D1 prospects as the 4A when you average out the numbers.

What scholarship offers (on the table, not "interests or letters") does he have and who has he accepted a scholarship from?

BrianfromCarlisle

I'm guessing you are going to put him up there with Shabazz next. Lol.

BigLion10

Better hope those pine bluff posters don't read that if you do or lord have mercy on your soul lol

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 11, 2016, 07:51:20 pm
you've lost it

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AirWarren on August 11, 2016, 08:22:50 pm
What scholarship offers (on the table, not "interests or letters") does he have and who has he accepted a scholarship from?
In what way does your question relate to my comment?

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 11, 2016, 07:55:37 pm
So now that he's not at Hermitage anymore, it's time to bash the program that you've been defending for two years?
can you prove I've defended the program? Cause I don't recall it.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on August 11, 2016, 08:37:30 pm
I'm guessing you are going to put him up there with Shabazz next. Lol.
Never saw him play.

flawlessthoughts

August 11, 2016, 10:31:37 pm #73 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:33:15 pm by flawlessthoughts
I don't think you guys are listening to yourselves read. When I say he's a better "athlete" I'm saying he can play at any position on the field and be great at it. Am I saying he's a better RB than McFadden & Dyer, NO.. Am I saying he's a better receiver than Child's and J Wright, NO. What I am saying is he's a great high school RB, WR, CB, S, LB, PR & KR.. He's also good at playing QB.. I've seen him play all those positions for Hermitage and still be the best player making the biggest impact. He made the super sophomore team as a CB.. He made the All-2A team last season as a RB. Who knows what he'll accomplish this season now that he's finally playing with a team that will allow him a breather. The guys I compared him to were allowed to rest often to focus on their primary positions. Monta Thomas had no primary position in Hermitage. The team only went as far as he took them offensively and defensively.

dragondad

August 11, 2016, 11:06:17 pm #74 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:09:35 pm by dragondad
Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 11, 2016, 10:31:37 pm
I don't think you guys are listening to yourselves read. When I say he's a better "athlete" I'm saying he can play at any position on the field and be great at it. Am I saying he's a better RB than McFadden & Dyer, NO.. Am I saying he's a better receiver than Child's and J Wright, NO. What I am saying is he's a great high school RB, WR, CB, S, LB, PR & KR.. He's also good at playing QB.. I've seen him play all those positions for Hermitage and still be the best player making the biggest impact. He made the super sophomore team as a CB.. He made the All-2A team last season as a RB. Who knows what he'll accomplish this season now that he's finally playing with a team that will allow him a breather. The guys I compared him to were allowed to rest often to focus on their primary positions. Monta Thomas had no primary position in Hermitage. The team only went as far as he took them offensively and defensively.

Here's where you lose my interest,   you can't win any preference points by basically saying an entire program is, and has been, trash.....and then claim a kid is the best player on the field for that program at any position.   I understand your suport of the young man, but you have to realize how insignificant your own argument makes him seem.  To say he's the best player in a horrible program and the program only went as far as he took them on either side of the ball, isn't saying anything good.....especially since they didn't really "go" anywhere.

He's seems to be a good young man with a skillset and desire to succeed,  he's unquestionably  an excellent athlete.  I've seen him play several times and I've been impressed at times and not so at others.  Just let the young man do what he does and stop trying to inflate his ego and status.  If he's that great, it'll show and no one will be able to deny it. 

thabeast428

He is a dang good kid but he can't carry the load on both sides of the ball and expect to get better and/or show his true abilities at his best position. It's a crying shame that hermitage kept him from that. Atleast strong Kd got to focus more on running the ball instead of playing every position. Maybe the move will help Thomas key on what's his best position. Nthn against hermitage but any small team is like that and the coaching staff didn't help matters none. Just saying

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: thabeast428 on August 12, 2016, 02:37:50 am
He is a dang good kid but he can't carry the load on both sides of the ball and expect to get better and/or show his true abilities at his best position. It's a crying shame that hermitage kept him from that. Atleast strong Kd got to focus more on running the ball instead of playing every position. Maybe the move will help Thomas key on what's his best position. Nthn against hermitage but any small team is like that and the coaching staff didn't help matters none. Just saying
Why is it so hard from everyone to understand this point & fact?

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: dragondad on August 11, 2016, 11:06:17 pm
Here's where you lose my interest,   you can't win any preference points by basically saying an entire program is, and has been, trash.....and then claim a kid is the best player on the field for that program at any position.   I understand your suport of the young man, but you have to realize how insignificant your own argument makes him seem.  To say he's the best player in a horrible program and the program only went as far as he took them on either side of the ball, isn't saying anything good.....especially since they didn't really "go" anywhere.

He's seems to be a good young man with a skillset and desire to succeed,  he's unquestionably  an excellent athlete.  I've seen him play several times and I've been impressed at times and not so at others.  Just let the young man do what he does and stop trying to inflate his ego and status.  If he's that great, it'll show and no one will be able to deny it.
You are losing yourself because you are continuing to read and understand only what you choose. If you would stop focusing on discrediting the kid you would understand. I said "we have only witnessed his raw talent", which translates to the program being horrible by not training his god given talent. I went to Hermitage school so I know there's no weight program. Basically there's absolutely no offseason training. Kids do as they please at Hermitage. For example, Monta didn't practice nor run at not one track meet before district last season. The kid won the high jump, long jump and the 100 meter dash (raw God given talent).. He went to state and won the long jump and placed 3rd in the 100 meter dash without any training nor prepping (raw God given talent).. Hermitage has taken away from his development by allowing him to walk onto the field and track without training his body for competition. No footwork training, no muscle twitching, no strength training etc. The program stinks! From the outside looking in you wouldn't know but I'm talking from experience. If you don't understand now you're in need of testing.

AirWarren

August 12, 2016, 06:59:28 am #78 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:02:46 am by AirWarren
Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 11, 2016, 10:02:30 pm

Jarius wright. Scholarship offers in his senior year.
Chris gragg. Scholarship offers in his senior year.
Greg Childs. Scholarship offers in his senior year.
Basmine jones. Scholarship offers in his senior year.
Bret smith. Scholarship offers in his senior year.
Roshaun fellows. Scholarship offers in his senior year.
Terrance Hampton. Scholarship offers in his senior year.

Darren McFadden and Michael Dyer both had scholarship offers going into their senior year. 3 of these guys are CURRENTLY in the NFL, one made an NFL roster, we have a senior bowl MVP, a SEC freshman all American, and a national title RB.

SO back to my question. What OFFERS does he have since he is better than DMAC, Dyer, and the rest of these folks listed? "Interests" letters and coach visits don't count. All I'm saying is, you sure are pimping this kid when he hasn't even proved himself in his senior year. While I agree with you in him being a PHENOMINAL talent, he has a long way to go before you start putting him in a class with the folks listed above. He is not on that level as of today.

stuck in between

Quote from: dragondad on August 11, 2016, 11:06:17 pm

+1

mtindian42

how dose moving to Hampton help this kids college preparation? Is this not important?

purpleswag

Why is everyone acting like they care about this kid getting into college? He went where he wanted to go and thats that. If he's good enough he will get looks

Lionbro20

This is 2a football, KD played defense and was one of their best defenders, he focused on defense and offense, I remember watching him guess the snap count against Carlisle at WMS and getting the qb before the pitch and making him fumble, so that statement wasnt correct about KD only focusing on running the ball.

Dayton Kitchens

Dixon is a great player but he was part of one of the most talented groups of players that had ever played at Strong.

STUNNA

Quote from: thabeast428 on August 12, 2016, 02:37:50 am

every coaching staff in 2a football would have ran him ragged the same way besides maybe JC because he is a phenomenal talent... Its the coaches job to get wins. Him playing multiple positions is not keeping him from getting scholarships... him wanting to be the big dog in 2a footballs so far is... Don't think at all that monta going to Hampton is gonna help him concentrate on only one position...lol... he will be on the field every play just like he was at hermitage...

AirWarren

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 12, 2016, 07:23:29 am
how dose moving to Hampton help this kids college preparation? Is this not important?

He will help Hampton win some games. If not a lot. He is that good and it's a great pickup for the Bulldogs.

As far as college preparation, the final decision will come down to ACT and grades. That will determine SEC, D2, other types of conference scholarships, junior college, or no scholarships.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on August 10, 2016, 06:00:09 pm
Not even remotely close to KD.  And that shouldn't be considered a knock on him. I mean you are trying to compare him to Kenneth Dixon. You should let him play this year and then you have something to compare.  I just don't see him running over and through at least 10 tackles  on one play because he absolutely has to. Dixon did. I saw it. I stood and applauded what may have been the single greatest run I have ever witnessed in high school.
And I promise you they weren't all bad attempts. He ran flat over some guys.
Thomas is fantastic no doubt. But you are unfairly comparing him to a different style of back.

Talent wise and what he has done so far he is better than Dixon... Dixon didn't really break out til his senior year

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AirWarren on August 12, 2016, 08:55:56 am
He will help Hampton win some games. If not a lot. He is that good and it's a great pickup for the Bulldogs.

As far as college preparation, the final decision will come down to ACT and grades. That will determine SEC, D2, other types of conference scholarships, junior college, or no scholarships.
Now you're talking with knowledge.

AirWarren

August 12, 2016, 09:13:44 am #88 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:15:23 am by AirWarren
Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 11, 2016, 10:02:30 pm

Darren McFadden and Michael Dyer both had scholarship offers going into their senior year. 3 of these guys are CURRENTLY in the NFL, one made an NFL roster, we have a senior bowl MVP, a SEC freshman all American, and a national title RB.

SO back to my question. What OFFERS does he have since he is better than DMAC, Dyer, and the rest of these folks listed? "Interests" letters and coach visits don't count. All I'm saying is, you sure are pimping this kid when he hasn't even proved himself in his senior year. While I agree with you in him being a PHENOMINAL talent, he has a long way to go before you start putting him in a class with the folks listed above. He is not on that level as of today.

Whether you want to admit to it or not. That's all knowledge right there.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AirWarren on August 12, 2016, 06:59:28 am

Everyone you named had the advantage of being surrounded by exceptional talent and growing in a great program. Must I remind you KD didn't have a scholarship going into his senior season either and look how that ended lol. That fact kills your argument my friend. The talent is there and the scholarships will come just as soon as the grades are promised.

AirWarren

The Warren kids. Yes. Had great supporting casts.

But you are wrong about the other two. Darren McFadden was the ONLY thing oak grove had. He carried that team. Punter, quarterback, running back, defensive back. Everything.

Michael dyer the same thing. People think well he was at little rock Christian. Meant nothing. As an entirety, that team was garbage as well as coaching. Basically the game plan was hand it to dyer and remotely make a block to get him loose.

THA TRUTH

Saw them play and they were awful... Jc would've beat them dyer senior year

AirWarren

Lrca was garbage when dyer was there.

flawlessthoughts

Dyer had a decent O-line and I thought the QB was good. If I'm not mistaken they had another D1 player on that team also. McFadden played safety on defense but he didn't make many tackles in the game I watched. His D-line was good. I didn't think McFadden was as good as publicized after watching him play. I saw them play against Monticello for the district title. Monticello shut him out in the first half, he may have gained 20 yards.

flawlessthoughts

August 12, 2016, 10:28:23 am #94 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:15:45 am by flawlessthoughts
Quote from: AirWarren on August 12, 2016, 09:52:46 am
The Warren kids. Yes. Had great supporting casts.

But you are wrong about the other two. Darren McFadden was the ONLY thing oak grove had. He carried that team. Punter, quarterback, running back, defensive back. Everything.

Michael dyer the same thing. People think well he was at little rock Christian. Meant nothing. As an entirety, that team was garbage as well as coaching. Basically the game plan was hand it to dyer and remotely make a block to get him loose.
In the game I watched Dyer may have played 10 densive snaps.On offense he only played RB.

THA TRUTH

The game I saw dyer barely touched the field on D but did break the state record

AirWarren

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 12, 2016, 10:28:23 am
In the game I watched Dyer may have played 10 densive snaps.On offensive he only played RB.

And? They are a 5a school and probably had the roster to play kids at positions. Plus dyer is a hobbit. He isn't built to play nothing but running back.

AirWarren

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 12, 2016, 10:25:35 am
Dyer had a decent O-line and I thought the QB was good. If I'm not mistaken they had another D1 player on that team also. McFadden played safety on defense but he didn't make many tackles in the game I watched. His D-line was good. I didn't think McFadden was as good as publicized after watching him play. I saw them play against Monticello for the district title. Monticello shut him out in the first half, he may have gained 20 yards.

And hermitage lost to mountainburg last year. MOUNTAINBURG.

All I'm saying is, you're either Thomas or a family member. There will be tons of people on this board that are waiting to bash or run down your posts if he doesn't live up to the hype you and the other two posters do for this kid. I myself, want the kid to succeed. But you better be ready for the other side of it if he fails to make it to the next level and so forth. You may believe he is better than all the people I listed and that you have personally "evaluated" them in games but all that doesn't matter. What matters is the resume after their senior year. You are evaluating McFadden on one game. Dyer on one game. What if people evaluated Thomas' performance on Mountainburg? Come on, it's mountainburg. If you score 6 on Rison, you should be able to beat mountainburg by himself.

Just be prepared. Comparing and saying a kid is better than Darren McFadden before he has played a snap his senior year is quite ridiculous.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AirWarren on August 12, 2016, 10:47:13 am
And hermitage lost to mountainburg last year. MOUNTAINBURG.

All I'm saying is, you're either Thomas or a family member. There will be tons of people on this board that are waiting to bash or run down your posts if he doesn't live up to the hype you and the other two posters do for this kid. I myself, want the kid to succeed. But you better be ready for the other side of it if he fails to make it to the next level and so forth. You may believe he is better than all the people I listed and that you have personally "evaluated" them in games but all that doesn't matter. What matters is the resume after their senior year. You are evaluating McFadden on one game. Dyer on one game. What if people evaluated Thomas' performance on Mountainburg? Come on, it's mountainburg. If you score 6 on Rison, you should be able to beat mountainburg by himself.

Just be prepared. Comparing and saying a kid is better than Darren McFadden before he has played a snap his senior year is quite ridiculous.
O lord!! I introduced you guys to Monta Thomas when he was a freshmen. It's still freshly on my mind when you said "I know all about Bradley County so there's no guy named Monta Thomas making noise in Bradley County, if so I would know of him".. Remember that? You didn't know as much as you thought you knew then so what makes you think you know so much now lol? Did you see the Mountainburg game? Better yet, have you seen Monta play?

sickwillie

No need for comparisons this early in the season or in Thomas's career. Hampton plays Fordyce the second week of the season. That will be a good test for him

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas