• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twist in things

Started by flawlessthoughts, August 09, 2016, 10:31:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 12, 2016, 09:56:30 am
Saw them play and they were awful... Jc would've beat them dyer senior year
agreed LRC was trash back then dyer really helped the program a lot

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: sickwillie on August 12, 2016, 11:27:02 am
No need for comparisons this early in the season or in Thomas's career. Hampton plays Fordyce the second week of the season. That will be a good test for him

No, it won't...

AirWarren

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 12, 2016, 11:23:55 am
O lord!! I introduced you guys to Monta Thomas when he was a freshmen. It's still freshly on my mind when you said "I know all about Bradley County so there's no guy named Monta Thomas making noise in Bradley County, if so I would know of him".. Remember that? You didn't know as much as you thought you knew then so what makes you think you know so much now lol? Did you see the Mountainburg game? Better yet, have you seen Monta play?

Time will tell. Keep pumping him up. I hope it all works out for his sake.

STUNNA

Im still laughing thinking going to Hampton is going to make him better than staying and  playing at Hermitage...lol

sickwillie

THA TRUTH

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 12, 2016, 01:02:18 pm

Why
Only because he said so. If he lights it up against them I'm positive it will hit home with a lot of people.

flawlessthoughts

August 12, 2016, 01:44:39 pm #107 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:54:38 pm by flawlessthoughts
Quote from: STUNNA on August 12, 2016, 12:09:51 pm
Im still laughing thinking going to Hampton is going to make him better than staying and  playing at Hermitage...lol
Maybe because you don't understand the concept of "TEAM".. Did you see Hermitage play last season? Quick points.. Hermitage missed the playoffs Monta's 10 grade season. That same season the Jr High didn't win not one game. Hmm (no help moved up)!! Hermitage made the playoffs last season losing to Mountainburg in the first round. Guess what? Hermitages Jr high didn't win not one game last season also.. Hmm (no help moving up).. Lol is the bell ringing yet? Now on to Hampton.. For the past two seasons they've fielded very good Jr high teams, the team last season went undefeated. Now ask yourself that question again my friend. It's evident you people know nothing about the talent at the two schools.

STUNNA

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 12, 2016, 01:44:39 pm
Maybe because you don't understand the concept of "TEAM".. Did you see Hermitage play last season? Quick points.. Hermitage missed the playoffs Monta's 10 grade season. That same season the Jr High didn't win not one game. Hmm (no help moved up)!! Hermitage made the playoffs last season losing to Mountainburg in the first round. Guess what? Hermitages Jr high didn't win not one game last season also.. Hmm (no help moving up).. Lol is the bell ringing yet? Now on to Hampton.. For the past two seasons they've fielded very good Jr high teams, the team last season went undefeated. Now ask yourself that question again my friend. It's evident you people know nothing about the talent at the two schools.

So Hampton plans on only using him at one position so he can perfect his craft? since we have heard that as an excuse..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: STUNNA on August 12, 2016, 03:22:53 pm
So Hampton plans on only using him at one position so he can perfect his craft? since we have heard that as an excuse..

He will be lucky if their coach doesn't move him to center, so he can touch the ball every play. He has a reputation for playing players out of position. 🤔🤔

mtindian42

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 12, 2016, 04:32:12 pm
He will be lucky if their coach doesn't move him to center, so he can touch the ball every play. He has a reputation for playing players out of position. 🤔🤔
😆😆😂

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: STUNNA on August 12, 2016, 03:22:53 pm
I'm sure he'll still play both sides of the ball, the only difference is he's playing with players that actually has talent and will impact the game from their positions. In Hermitage he was the offense & the defense. Not trying to bash the kids there but in all honesty they had little to no talent at all. More than half of them were scared to death when on the field. The group of kids he's playing with now want and have the skill set to win. They have won! Yea in know they didn't field a team last season. I don't think that takes away from their heart & talent. I've witnessed Monta lead the worst of talent to wins. The kid is nothing short of amazing. We'll finally get to see him play with a supporting cast.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 12, 2016, 06:30:11 pm
I'm sure he'll still play both sides of the ball, the only difference is he's playing with players that actually has talent and will impact the game from their positions. In Hermitage he was the offense & the defense. Not trying to bash the kids there but in all honesty they had little to no talent at all. More than half of them were scared to death when on the field. The group of kids he's playing with now want and have the skill set to win. They have won! Yea in know they didn't field a team last season. I don't think that takes away from their heart & talent. I've witnessed Monta lead the worst of talent to wins. The kid is nothing short of amazing. We'll finally get to see him play with a supporting cast.

So, where did Hampton get all this talent, excluding the move ins? They didn't even field a team last year.

bleudog

Dr. Defense

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 12, 2016, 07:07:32 pm
So, where did Hampton get all this talent, excluding the move ins? They didn't even field a team last year.
The sophomore class is talented they won the jr high conference last year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dr. Defense on August 13, 2016, 09:49:15 am
The sophomore class is talented they won the jr high conference last year

That hardly ever means success at the high school level.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 13, 2016, 10:42:29 am
Although they didn't field a team last season they have a senior on the All-2A team at LB. Seems like you guys need to take your "not fielding a team last season" argument to Hootens. Their class of sophomore's didn't allow 10 points all season long last season. I don't claim to be Tony Dungy but even I know defense is what wins championships. These kids are defensive minded and they fly to the ball. That's a formula for success in formula. Monta not having to make every tackle will help save gas for his offensive play. I know you guys don't want to believe but for once use your football brains on this one. Stop being so negative towards whom you don't want to win.

BrianfromCarlisle

Stop comparing a kid who hasn't finished high school against the greatest players to ever play in Arkansas.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on August 13, 2016, 11:23:56 am
Stop comparing a kid who hasn't finished high school against the greatest players to ever play in Arkansas.

Insane isn't it - comparing him to guys who have gone on to the NFL...what?

Ask PW, right pick?  Didn't they give up no points on the junior high level year before last?  What'd they do in senior high - beat Marvell and Clarendon?  Jr. High success is a very poor indicator of senior high success, very poor.  DeWitt has had some salty junior high teams before - hasn't translated.

mtindian42

Yeah I been waiting on this guy to say Thomas is better then shabazz from pine bluf.😄

Dr. Defense

I agree 100% I was just telling you why everyone is talking about all the talent

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 13, 2016, 11:21:50 am
Although they didn't field a team last season they have a senior on the All-2A team at LB. Seems like you guys need to take your "not fielding a team last season" argument to Hootens. Their class of sophomore's didn't allow 10 points all season long last season. I don't claim to be Tony Dungy but even I know defense is what wins championships. These kids are defensive minded and they fly to the ball. That's a formula for success in formula. Monta not having to make every tackle will help save gas for his offensive play. I know you guys don't want to believe but for once use your football brains on this one. Stop being so negative towards whom you don't want to win.

Hootens? Haha, you have just lost what little credibility you might have had. Negative? I'm just stating facts.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 13, 2016, 11:36:37 am
Insane isn't it - comparing him to guys who have gone on to the NFL...what?

Ask PW, right pick?  Didn't they give up no points on the junior high level year before last?  What'd they do in senior high - beat Marvell and Clarendon?  Jr. High success is a very poor indicator of senior high success, very poor.  DeWitt has had some salty junior high teams before - hasn't translated.

^^^ EXACTLY

Pick_DA_EAGLES

August 13, 2016, 12:30:44 pm #123 Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:32:18 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Let's go a different direction with this "talented jr high team translates to great sr high team". Up until last year, des arcs jr high was, I will be nice, not very good, but yet in the last 8 seasons we have played in 2 state title games arc's played after thanksgiving a couple other times, in just the last 3 seasons they have won 32 games, how many years would you have to add up for Hampton to get to 32 wins? Yeah, that's what i thought more than Hamptons education system taught you to count to.

So, point is good or bad jr teams don't really mean much in sr high.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 13, 2016, 12:30:44 pm
Let's go a different direction with this "talented jr high team translates to great sr high team". Up until last year, des arcs jr high was, I will be nice, not very good, but yet in the last 8 seasons we have played in 2 state title games arc's played after thanksgiving a couple other times, in just the last 3 seasons they have won 32 games, how many years would you have to add up for Hampton to get to 32 wins? Yeah, that's what i thought more than Hamptons education system taught you to count to.

So, point is good or bad jr teams don't really mean much in sr high.

Yep that's how it goes if the coaches continue to work and develop talent

sickwillie

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 12, 2016, 07:07:32 pm

Two of their bigger guys went to play for other teams last year (Watson Chapel and Lake Hamilton) both players saw the field and contributed. He isnt saying that Hampton has 11 All Americans walking the hall; he is simply saying that there is talent in Hampton and those players will be a key component this year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: sickwillie on August 13, 2016, 03:49:15 pm
Two of their bigger guys went to play for other teams last year (Watson Chapel and Lake Hamilton) both players saw the field and contributed. He isnt saying that Hampton has 11 All Americans walking the hall; he is simply saying that there is talent in Hampton and those players will be a key component this year.

You do not go from not having enough kids to field a team to be a talented team. It's not that easy.

purpleswag

Better question... Where did all the Hampton posters come from? Johnny come lately huh?

Where were you guys when they were crap?

AirWarren

Who are the Hampton posters?

sickwillie

Quote from: purpleswag on August 13, 2016, 06:16:26 pm
Better question... Where did all the Hampton posters come from? Johnny come lately huh?

Where were you guys when they were crap?

Oh i was here

Lumberjackfan1978

Will they still be here a few weeks into the season

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 13, 2016, 10:33:57 pm
Will they still be here a few weeks into the season

If they are, you can bet the house, by week 3 of the 2017 season, they will be gone. Not a peep.

Randy

Im so impressed with the vast array of football knowledge, makes me wonder why there is truckers, store clerks, electricians, pickle factory workers on here. Instead of being coaches on the sidelines. Collectively, there is a lot knowledge here, but listening to some of these PHD's is quite comical. The persistence in proving their argument is correct..Some of you would argue with a stop sign, saying ''you really don't mean stop''!

Lionbro20

And obviously don't get the point of fearless pick 😂

BrianfromCarlisle

Stop sign in Stuttgart says "STOP HATE"

It is supposed to stop cars. It's confusing. I try to be full of love, but people always honk and yell. 

Lionbro20

Brian has anger issues that's why he has to win his pick em game 😝

BrianfromCarlisle

Anger issues????   WHAT?????  You little.....   Nah, I'm good.  I am gonna win the pick em though   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on August 15, 2016, 06:40:16 pm
Anger issues????   WHAT?????  You little.....   Nah, I'm good.  I am gonna win the pick em though   

::)

BrianfromCarlisle

If I don't win, it's because of scheduling. Lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on August 15, 2016, 06:50:52 pm
If I don't win, it's because of scheduling. Lol

playoffs, ya gotta beat the best

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas