• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England vs Hamburg

Started by bigworm, August 09, 2016, 09:18:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 17, 2016, 11:14:02 am
I think England will be scrimmaging at Stuttgart with a few other teams next week, that should be a good gauge of how they will fare against a 4A team.

who's the other teams? Moving the ball in Southside Batesville wouldn't be as impressive as moving the ball on Warren or Stuttgart...

jsky14

bigworm

Cheek

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 17, 2016, 05:40:24 pm
who's the other teams? Moving the ball in Southside Batesville wouldn't be as impressive as moving the ball on Warren or Stuttgart...

We have beaten Southside Batesville every time we played.  We can move the ball on Stuttgart and the all mighty Warren.

Lumberjackfan1978

Better move it on Hamburg first before you think about moving it on the all mighty Warren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 17, 2016, 05:40:24 pm

I believe it's Stuttgart, Clarendon, England, Earle and LR Fair.

AirWarren

Quote from: Cheek on August 17, 2016, 06:15:52 pm
We have beaten Southside Batesville every time we played.  We can move the ball on Stuttgart and the all mighty Warren.

HAHA. Heard it all.

beach bum

I think England should win 2A or even get to the finals before some posters start claiming they can run with the best of 4A..... and no Hamburg is not the best of 4A. I am talking about the likes of Warren.

Cheek

Quote from: beach bum on August 17, 2016, 09:12:50 pm
I think England should win 2A or even get to the finals before some posters start claiming they can run with the best of 4A..... and no Hamburg is not the best of 4A. I am talking about the likes of Warren.

Did anybody say beat.  I think I said move the ball, like in getting first downs.  No, Warren would not hold us to zero yards.  Read first.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on August 17, 2016, 09:52:39 pm
Did anybody say beat.  I think I said move the ball, like in getting first downs.  No, Warren would not hold us to zero yards.  Read first.

Reading is overrated

bigworm

beach bum

I am going to take a wild guess and say there are not a lot of people reading books in England as a hobby....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 17, 2016, 10:22:32 pm
I am going to take a wild guess and say there are not a lot of people reading books in England as a hobby....

....geez used to be some class on these forums, now we just go to insulting entire populations of towns....nice

Lionbro20

Says the guy with the name "bum"

BigLion10

Lionbro20

Trying to call England folk dumb is weak trash talk, you talk like the 4a is just a Goliath

Cheek

He is a Cubs Fan.  I thought he was a loser, but now I have proof. 

bigworm

Reading is one thing. Comprehension is the important part. He's too slow to realize that he's the one that can't comprehend the statement. The statement said we would move the ball on Warren. Noone said we would beat Warren. But I can see how slower folk could get confused. May want to draw a picture next time, Cheek. They get confused very very easily.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on August 17, 2016, 11:53:24 pm
Reading is one thing. Comprehension is the important part. He's too slow to realize that he's the one that can't comprehend the statement. The statement said we would move the ball on Warren. Noone said we would beat Warren. But I can see how slower folk could get confused. May want to draw a picture next time, Cheek. They get confused very very easily.

Comprehension and understanding comparison is something some people on here struggle with for some reason.  ???

Bigditchlion

How is Hamburg not a top 4a team. 48 teams in 4a and they are ranked 7 preseason.

STUNNA

England should win the state title... and their is a very good chance that they could start out 0-2. Not a bad thing playing bigger and better competition to start the season... Just need to make sure they stay healthy in those games... Enland has 4-5 kids on the offensive side of the ball that will go onto to play college ball next season.. they should be able to score some for sure... I think it will ultimately come down to line play... and Hamburg might have the advantage there... but like someone said Hamburg is no powerhouse or title contender by any means..

bigworm

Yes. Win or lose won't matter a bit. Now, don't get me wrong....I wanna win. But for sure wanna come out healthy across the board.

beach bum

August 23, 2016, 11:24:29 pm #72 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:28:11 pm by beach bum
I just sent HF a personal message that he may not get until tomorrow, but I told him I owe all the posters from England a serious apology for what I posted above. It was a joke that was not funny and crossed a line. I really let my pride and ego get the best of me and my rear end showed in a bad way. I made a joke about England playing Warren and when someone joked back I acted like childish and made a joke that crossed the line. I understand if my apology is not accepted for good reason. It was disrespectful to the many good people that live in your community.

bigworm

Awe man, we are all professionals. Haha. No offense taken. But you're obviously a good man and apology accepted as far as I'm concerned concerned. Keep it coming though. So durn boring on here without a little arguing from time to time.

Bearden_Bear72

Looking forward to getting results of this game.  England has a lot of hype going into the season.  I do believe they are gonna be a great team.  I pick England 14+

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on August 23, 2016, 11:24:29 pm
I just sent HF a personal message that he may not get until tomorrow, but I told him I owe all the posters from England a serious apology for what I posted above. It was a joke that was not funny and crossed a line. I really let my pride and ego get the best of me and my rear end showed in a bad way. I made a joke about England playing Warren and when someone joked back I acted like childish and made a joke that crossed the line. I understand if my apology is not accepted for good reason. It was disrespectful to the many good people that live in your community.

Atleast you made an apology. Most would just go on as if nothing happened. Respect.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on August 23, 2016, 11:24:29 pm
The political correctness has killed this board. Lighten up people. This should all be taken in fun. For everyone who jumped on bum, if you're not in school when was the last time you read a book?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bigworm on August 23, 2016, 11:30:00 pm
Awe man, we are all professionals. Haha. No offense taken. But you're obviously a good man and apology accepted as far as I'm concerned concerned. Keep it coming though. So durn boring on here without a little arguing from time to time.
Well said

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Oldman on August 24, 2016, 01:19:25 pm
The political correctness has killed this board. Lighten up people. This should all be taken in fun. For everyone who jumped on bum, if you're not in school when was the last time you read a book?
I saw a book yesterday

BigLion10

I look at the pictures does that count

Bigditchlion

BigLion10

Gotta love those audiobooks ditch

WPWells

You're a good guy, beach bum

Wildcatalumni21

England posters need your help! I heard Thompson got hurt in the scrimmage? I never trust rumors so was wondering if one of y'all could either confirm or set the record straight

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Currently reading Dixie Land Delight by Clay Travis..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 24, 2016, 01:24:28 pm
I look at the pictures does that count

Just buy the magazines for the articles right?

BigLion10

bigworm

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 24, 2016, 02:49:48 pm
England posters need your help! I heard Thompson got hurt in the scrimmage? I never trust rumors so was wondering if one of y'all could either confirm or set the record straight

we will not disclose injury information

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bigworm on August 24, 2016, 03:31:48 pm
Alright Petrino lol. Was hoping it wasn't true! Never wanna see a kid with that kinda talent get hurt especially Sr year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on August 24, 2016, 03:31:48 pm

Lol, I don't figure anyone would say if he was.

beach bum

I will even admit I have not read anything outside of a biography in a long long time. I have no creative bit in my brain at all when it comes to fiction. I have not read a book from the fiction section in ages. Its the same with movies. I am dull as a board. All I watch are documentaries. I can not watch or read something if I can't correlate it to real life. I am going show my dull side here, but movies such as Lord of Rings, Star Wars, etc. I just can't get into because my brain can't get into the adventure fiction films. The writers and directors that come up with that are brilliant however.

beach bum

But my thoughts on the Hamburg vs. England game are close to what someone posted at the beginning of the thread. England is going to have the superior skill position talent easily without question and will look just like a top level 8-4A team offensively. What someone pointed out is Hamburg will have the edge on the line depth and defensive depth. I think this game has the potential to go either way. If it gets into a slower grind it out game where not as many points end up being scored as we think then I believe Hamburg can grind out a win at the end if England becomes tired with lower numbers. If England scores early and gets the offense confident I believe Hamburg goes home with a loss because they won't have the offensive power to match England point for point.

mtindian42

Will this game be live on England tv?

bigworm

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: beach bum on August 24, 2016, 05:24:58 pm
But my thoughts on the Hamburg vs. England game are close to what someone posted at the beginning of the thread. England is going to have the superior skill position talent easily without question and will look just like a top level 8-4A team offensively. What someone pointed out is Hamburg will have the edge on the line depth and defensive depth. I think this game has the potential to go either way. If it gets into a slower grind it out game where not as many points end up being scored as we think then I believe Hamburg can grind out a win at the end if England becomes tired with lower numbers. If England scores early and gets the offense confident I believe Hamburg goes home with a loss because they won't have the offensive power to match England point for point.

Thought he made a very good point.  I do see it being a England win, but if it is a grind it out game it could go the other way.  Is England ready to live up to all the hype?

mtindian42

Quote from: bigworm on August 25, 2016, 08:21:32 am
yes.
good deal. Will be watching and cheering the lions on...

mtindian42

Maxpreps shows England has 24 srs on the team. This can't be true.

Cheek

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 25, 2016, 11:21:13 pm
Maxpreps shows England has 24 srs on the team. This can't be true.

That is not correct.  It is 18 or 19.

bigworm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas