• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England vs Hamburg

Started by bigworm, August 09, 2016, 09:18:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigworm

Well, we are 21 days away from football. What you guys think about this one? I'm gonna go way out on a limb and predict a purple lion win!!!

Proud Buckaroo

BigLion10

lionfan59

One win in these boys journey to ROCK!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: lionfan59 on August 09, 2016, 10:02:05 pm
One win in these boys journey to ROCK!!!

Actually that journey will fall one stop short of the rock, in des arc in the Semi's, where England won't have that crooked chain gang.   ;D

Bigditchlion

England wins! Gonna be a fun year!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on August 10, 2016, 06:42:07 am
England wins! Gonna be a fun year!

Not if you come to des arc,  we won't water the field before the game.  ;D

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 10, 2016, 06:43:49 am
Not if you come to des arc,  we won't water the field before the game.  ;D

Keep on fishing pick, I am sure you will get a bite soon.

Bigditchlion

Taking it one game at a time pick! Right now the purple lions have Hamburg.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on August 10, 2016, 06:55:10 am
Keep on fishing pick, I am sure you will get a bite soon.

Come on Cheek, you know I'm just messing with you guys.🎣🎣🎣🎣

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 10, 2016, 08:02:30 am
Come on Cheek, you know I'm just messing with you guys.🎣🎣🎣🎣

I know, but you are still looking for someone to debate with you.

Countryboy5

How good is Hamburg ? I know they are 4A

WPWells

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on August 10, 2016, 09:41:22 am
I know, but you are still looking for someone to debate with you.

Not this time, I was actually saying it to be funny.

keohog

Quote from: bigworm on August 09, 2016, 09:18:55 pm
Well, we are 21 days away from football. What you guys think about this one? I'm gonna go way out on a limb and predict a purple lion win!!!
For sure  ;D

bigworm

bigworm

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2016] Hamburg (AR) 24, [2016] England (AR) 21

Well, I hope they are wrong but even if they are right my prediction will hold true.

STUNNA

it will come down to line play... skill wise England is just as good if not better... if they keep it close  going into the 4th they will have a chance. Hamburg will have a fast and physical defense, they always do... but offensively they are usually sub par at best.

AirWarren

Hamburg doesn't like to get hit. Talk big all week until the game. Then you hit them a little bit and the team is like butter to a hot knife.

With that said, they will dress 65+ kids who are big and fast. Good luck England. 

BigLion10

Yea AW they do have us numbers wise by a lot but hopefully we can still pull it out.

Jimbo Morphis

Hot weather and numbers will favor Hamburg's depth. close in 1st half not so much in the 2nd.

HorseFeathers

Bigditchlion

HorseFeathers

Bigditchlion

Hope to see you there hf! It's gonna be a great game!

big E

England's first 11 will be just as good or better than Hamburgs. If Hamburg gets in the spread and tries to make this a track meet England wins by 14 + If Hamburg makes it a run down your throat lineup man on man g as me England is in trouble. Either way I'll be there to see this one.

hornetfever

England bites off more than they can chew. O Line and D line will struggle. Defense is not strong enough against a speedy Hamburg team. Could get ugly if the weather is hot, not enough bodies. Hamburg by 3 TD's

Bigditchlion

If that's the line Hamburg by 21? Tell me where betting window is! Think england fans would load up on that line for sure. Think it may be a better game than a blow out.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hornetfever on August 16, 2016, 04:08:30 pm
England bites off more than they can chew. O Line and D line will struggle. Defense is not strong enough against a speedy Hamburg team. Could get ugly if the weather is hot, not enough bodies. Hamburg by 3 TD's

I bet Hamburg doesn't have anymore speed than Des arc had on the field last season and England did pretty well against them.

hornetfever

OK, Pick the "Message Board Expert" we are talking about England and Hamburg not Des Arc.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hornetfever on August 16, 2016, 07:24:10 pm
OK, Pick the "Message Board Expert" we are talking about England and Hamburg not Des Arc.

It's called making a comparison. Maybe someday you will have something to compare on here and someone will consider you an expert.  ;D

hornetfever

Sure Pick....................... we will see soon enough. How is your Wi-Fi at the trailer park?  ;D ;D

Lumberjackfan1978

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hornetfever on August 16, 2016, 08:15:19 pm
Sure Pick....................... we will see soon enough. How is your Wi-Fi at the trailer park?  ;D ;D

Don't live in a trailer park, IF you knew me, you would know where I stay. You would be shocked.

HorseFeathers

what does ones dwelling have to do with HS football? 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 16, 2016, 08:44:50 pm
what does ones dwelling have to do with HS football?

I have know idea where that come from. I guess it's a hazen thing.

Now back on topic. England and hamburg, England wins and goes up against j.c. undefeated.

hornetfever

Just messing with ya Pick. Like you do a lot on FF. Back to England and Hamburg. England has a great shot at WMS but line play and depth will be an issue against Hamburg. How many will England be dressing? If it is hot it could be tough in the second half

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hornetfever on August 16, 2016, 10:03:49 pm
Just messing with ya Pick. Like you do a lot on FF. Back to England and Hamburg. England has a great shot at WMS but line play and depth will be an issue against Hamburg. How many will England be dressing? If it is hot it could be tough in the second half

I'm hoping it's about like today was.....high in the 70's, and rain haha

Lionbro20

England has plenty of speed they replaced speed with speed, if you knew anything about England you would know that, but no sense in saying that better for you to see it with your eyes. England by 10

AirWarren

Quote from: Lionbro20 on August 17, 2016, 07:33:26 am
England has plenty of speed they replaced speed with speed, if you knew anything about England you would know that, but no sense in saying that better for you to see it with your eyes. England by 10

All 20 England players.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: big E on August 16, 2016, 02:10:17 pm
England's first 11 will be just as good or better than Hamburgs. If Hamburg gets in the spread and tries to make this a track meet England wins by 14 + If Hamburg makes it a run down your throat lineup man on man g as me England is in trouble. Either way I'll be there to see this one.
my point. Hamburg has way more than 11. It will be 100 degrees and Hamburg will be playing one way. Shorthanded Mcgehee teams have been playing 4a teams early in the season since we dropped to 2a. Depth and hot weather are hard to overcome. How many will England dress?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

August 17, 2016, 09:08:51 am #42 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:20:10 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Oldman on August 17, 2016, 09:01:50 am
my point. Hamburg has way more than 11. It will be 100 degrees and Hamburg will be playing one way. Shorthanded Mcgehee teams have been playing 4a teams early in the season since we dropped to 2a. Depth and hot weather are hard to overcome. How many will England dress?

It's not going to be 100° though, look at the long range weather, looks like we could be over all that. The Friday before that game date the high is only 83°. So the heat and England's lack of depth compared to Hamburgs may not be that big an issue.

STUNNA

Quote from: Oldman on August 17, 2016, 09:01:50 am

England has 4a numbers this year... they will dress close to 40

Lionbro20

They have a high motor, they won't just lay over cause they're tired, they never quit against rison but when rison has the ball close to 30 or more than 30 mins, they are 9 times out of 10 gonna win. That loss has them hungry this year, so don't doubt them especially against this 4a team

Lionbro20

I take that back, doubt them because we like to surprise

SUGARTOWN

I think England will be scrimmaging at Stuttgart with a few other teams next week, that should be a good gauge of how they will fare against a 4A team.

Lionbro20

Not really, scrimmages let you see about half.. Hard to base things off scrimmages

AirWarren

Quote from: Lionbro20 on August 17, 2016, 12:51:45 pm
Not really, scrimmages let you see about half.. Hard to base things off scrimmages

Ya "bro"...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lionbro20 on August 17, 2016, 12:51:45 pm
|

Well, if you can't move the ball or stop the other team that would tell you quite a bit. Not saying that will happen here, just saying that I've seen it before...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas