• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle's #'s

Started by Coach95, August 01, 2016, 01:59:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianfromCarlisle

I was just informed that JR high gets to field house at 7:15 every morning.  ALL of them.  Then 9th graders go to HS practice in afternoons.   9th graders are getting some much needed experience against older, more physical kids.  PLUS, Coach U is getting to evaluate the 9th graders.  Low numbers plus injuries may force some move ups.  Nice to know who is ready.  Which this is doing.  So, as I said before...The coaches know what they are doing

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HoopKing on August 18, 2016, 04:45:23 pm
Well Uhiren is having to bring back the 9th graders to practice with sr high because he only has like 18-19 bodies out there. The 7th and 8th graders aren't coming back after school for practice because of this. I think part of it is that he hasn't coached jr high in like 18 years so he doesn't want to stay late with them.

This seems to kill your doesn't want to stay late theory.

I was just informed that JR high gets to field house at 7:15 every morning.  ALL of them.  Then 9th graders go to HS practice in afternoons.   9th graders are getting some much needed experience against older, more physical kids.  PLUS, Coach U is getting to evaluate the 9th graders.  Low numbers plus injuries may force some move ups.  Nice to know who is ready.  Which this is doing.  So, as I said before...The coaches know what they are doing

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on August 19, 2016, 07:53:58 am
But just three posts up, BFC says they are practicing together.

Is there not a practice time per week limit?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 19, 2016, 11:12:22 am
Is there not a practice time per week limit?

I was referring to you missing the post concerning the entire jr. high team practicing together.  However, I'm sure Uhiren adheres to AAA regulations concerning practice time.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on August 19, 2016, 03:20:32 pm
I was referring to you missing the post concerning the entire jr. high team practicing together.  However, I'm sure Uhiren adheres to AAA regulations concerning practice time.

Yea I knew what you were saying. Was just wondering,  wasn't accusing him of cheating.

jacosportsfreak

Any size on their line?

Ventman

They do have some big boys on  the lines. Two probably around 270, thats  just what they look like to me. They are going to be better but the low numbers will be a problem.

Sonofasonofasailor

Anyone got a report on the scrimmage with Bald Knob?

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on August 26, 2016, 06:59:30 am
Anyone got a report on the scrimmage with Bald Knob?
10 plays for each 1st string O/D.  Bald Knob scored on hitch pass 2nd play of the 10 plays. Bald Knob looked pretty good, but some work to do still.  Carlisle's D looked mismatched, but they didn't just roll over for Bald Knob. Carlisle's offense was far behind their defense in my opinion. During the 2nd string 10 play series, Carlisle scored on a long run.  They played a 10 or 12 minute quarter that was pretty much "game like."  Both offenses were VERY conservative and vanilla.  The score ended up 20-6, which means nothing to me, as I try not to judge by a score in a scrimmage. Outside point of view is that lower numbers will be tough for Carlisle, and like I mentioned before, the defense is way ahead of the offense. I did attend the Des Arc scrimmage as well, and Des Arc is low numbers as well. I think they had 23 dressed out and 1 had to leave via ambulance from apparent dehydration and cramping.  Their running back was struggling with cramping and nausea. I feel like Carlisle would take the head to head match up with Des Arc, but who knows.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FNLsupporter on August 26, 2016, 04:55:19 pm
10 plays for each 1st string O/D.  Bald Knob scored on hitch pass 2nd play of the 10 plays. Bald Knob looked pretty good, but some work to do still.  Carlisle's D looked mismatched, but they didn't just roll over for Bald Knob. Carlisle's offense was far behind their defense in my opinion. During the 2nd string 10 play series, Carlisle scored on a long run.  They played a 10 or 12 minute quarter that was pretty much "game like."  Both offenses were VERY conservative and vanilla.  The score ended up 20-6, which means nothing to me, as I try not to judge by a score in a scrimmage. Outside point of view is that lower numbers will be tough for Carlisle, and like I mentioned before, the defense is way ahead of the offense. I did attend the Des Arc scrimmage as well, and Des Arc is low numbers as well. I think they had 23 dressed out and 1 had to leave via ambulance from apparent dehydration and cramping.  Their running back was struggling with cramping and nausea. I feel like Carlisle would take the head to head match up with Des Arc, but who knows.

The one that left via the ambulance was for a concussion. By the time des arc and carlisle play, both teams will look different.

Des Arc wasn't showing anything with coaches  from bald knob  (I'm assuming that may be your team)  and mccrory people there too.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 26, 2016, 05:50:52 pm
The one that left via the ambulance was for a concussion. By the time des arc and carlisle play, both teams will look different.

Des Arc wasn't showing anything with coaches  from bald knob  (I'm assuming that may be your team)  and mccrory people there too.
I hope the kid has a speedy recovery! I didn't have a clue what had happened, but I just knew he looked very out of it and it was extremely hot, so i assumed possible heat exhaustion. He looked like an athletic player. I'm sure they didn't show a lot of their playbook, and I get that, but I kinda feel like the coaches are not too worried about what coaches are there scouting. I assume it is more about getting the younger guys reps for the Friday nights to come.  I'm sure Bald Knob will see a tough Des Arc team come Friday.  Yes, I am a Bald Knob fan by the way, but went to the scrimmage because our scrimmage was moved to Thursday and I couldn't wait any longer for some high school football!! Hootens has the Eagles favored by 2 and they are good at their picks, so i guess we come to Des Arc as the underdog! Best of luck!! I apologize for this discussion on the Carlisle #'s thread! Good luck to the Bison as well!! It's my favorite time of year.

Sonofasonofasailor

Carlisle jr. high beat McCrory 20-6 tonight.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas