• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hermitage folks, what's the word on Monta?

Started by WonderWartHawg, July 31, 2016, 01:29:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WonderWartHawg

I'm sorry, but playing at the 2A level is detrimental to a potential college athletes opportunities.
I love 2A ball, nobody takes it any more serious, no fans are more passionate.
But college coaches just want to see potential recruits against stiffer competition.
You and I know Kenneth Dixon could have played at a bigger school, but didn't get any serious offers because they couldn't get a good evaluation on him.  It would/will be the same for Thomas.

Proud Buckaroo

Arkansas never showed interest in Dixon until the championship game. Arkansas has showed interest in monta after his sophmore season..

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2016, 12:42:52 am
Arkansas never showed interest in Dixon until the championship game. Arkansas has showed interest in monta after his sophmore season..

Interest is one thing, an offer is another.

THA TRUTH

STUNNA

Id imagine he isn't headed to Warren because he wont be the guy there!! if he wants to go D1 and win a title I would make the move to Warren.

Ventman

Not long until the season starts. Has he been practicing somewhere?

bleudog

This was on the other thread:

Quote from: tiredoflies on August 06, 2016, 03:49:42 pm
This will be my first and last post.  We need to get some facts out of the way, so a meaningful conversation can continue.

The day Monta quit football at Hermitage, Hermitage had 15 players.  That is what they had last year and more than they had at this time last year.  Monta and his mother knew that.  Of course that number looks low to many of you, but it is not low for Hermitage.  Monta got all of his exposure AT HERMITAGE WITH THOSE NUMBERS.

Monta spent several weeks scouting out places to go.  He visited schools and attended practices.  Those coaches should be ashamed of themselves.  They should also read the AAA handbook.  That is recruiting.
Monta's "brother", the poster on this site, works in Hampton for a Hampton business owner.  He is the one in Monta's hear.  Recruitment.

Monta STILL lives in Hermitage.  All of his things are there.  His mother STILL lives there.  They lived there on the day they registered at Hampton.  Hampton allowed them to register anyway.  Wes allowed Monta to practice anyway.  WES KNEW MONTA DID NOT LIVE IN HAMPTON.  WES KNEW MONTA'S MOM STILL WORKED AT HERMITAGE.
AFTER Monta registered at Hampton, his mother came to the Hermitage school to tell them Monta was leaving.  At this time, she was still working at Hermitage for the school.  She was told about the AAA rule saying that he can't go unless he lives there. She quits her job.  She does NOT have a job at Hampton at this time.  It is ASSUMED she then went to the Hampton coaches to find out.  They probably picked up the AAA Handbook for the first time at that moment.  That is when they read the part about a Bona Fide move.

The next day (Friday), Monta and his mother find a house to stay at in Hampton.  They have not moved there YET.  Monta is staying with someone down there to get to practice.

After Monta announced he was going to be a dog, he called and text several players on the team enticing them to join him.  This is the point where the Hermitage people get mad.  They would have been upset but okay with him leaving.  They just don't think he should have tried to destroy what was left.  He said things like, "Y'all aren't gunna have a team anyway.  Play with me.  I'll make sure you win." 

Kevin Childs, Alex Davis, and Jake Clay have now all said they are making Bona Fide moves to Hampton.  Seems legit.  Right.  This leaves Hermitage with 11.  The Hermitage parents, players, and coaches will make a decision on the season tomorrow afternoon at 4:00. 

Monta's mother was given a job at The Bulldog, AFTER she met with the Hermitage Schools.  Again, recruitment. Read the definition.  According to AAA, recruitment can come from ANYONE in the community with connection to the program.  It can be an alumni, family member of an employee, booster, etc. 

Hampton coaches including Wes know this story.  Monta knows this story.  They don't want you to know.  They want you to feel bad for Monta like he didn't have a choice and he is only doing what anyone else would have done.  That is a lie.

Everyone in the state should demand that AAA take action on this.  If not, it could be your town next.  If Hampton is smart, they will kick these boys off now before AAA makes them forfeit wins for recruitment.  Monta will be ruled ineligible.  There is WAY TOO MUCH EVIDENCE AGAINST HIM.  And just so we are clear, Hermitage doesn't want them back.  We would rather not have a team than have people like that on it. 

THA TRUTH

bleudog

August 07, 2016, 04:59:18 pm #58 Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:03:34 pm by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 07, 2016, 04:41:35 pm
Pretty bitter sounding

One can definitely tell what side of the topic tiredoflies falls on, but at least it's coherent.  Might not all be facts, but doesn't read like it's a loose collection of opinions.

THA TRUTH

Not at all but this move just doesn't make sense to me unless his family moved to Hampton... It's not like it's a huge upgrade

Jack1990

Does anyone know what was discussed and/or decided during the parent's meeting today?

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on August 07, 2016, 08:36:33 pm
Does anyone know what was discussed and/or decided during the parent's meeting today?

I too would like to know that haha

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: STUNNA on August 07, 2016, 03:34:20 pm
Id imagine he isn't headed to Warren because he wont be the guy there!! if he wants to go D1 and win a title I would make the move to Warren.

Does make more sense.  If the move is to maximize his exposure and show his abilities against upper level athletes, Warren would have been the MINIMUM move I would have suggested to him.
On up the road to Pine Bluff or farther to NLR or etc. would have been the best, as far as showcasing his abilities goes.
But, again, no dog in the fight.  Feel like he's leaving a lot of opportunity on the table.
Best of luck to him.

JC Guy

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on August 07, 2016, 08:46:19 pm
Does make more sense.  If the move is to maximize his exposure and show his abilities against upper level athletes, Warren would have been the MINIMUM move I would have suggested to him.
On up the road to Pine Bluff or farther to NLR or etc. would have been the best, as far as showcasing his abilities goes.
But, again, no dog in the fight.  Feel like he's leaving a lot of opportunity on the table.
Best of luck to him.
Guys he would have been putting him self behind the eight ball if he had moved to a large program this late. The kid has made his way through high school ball thus far on God given talent and broken plays. That wouldn't work stepping into a big program and not knowing the scheme. At this point his best bet would be small school. I have watched this kid shoulder his team since junior high and basically line up every Friday night and play back yard ball. If he had made the move earlier I say he would have been fine. He has hands even in traffic and he has very good cover skills. I watched him on a punt return against us come flying up and take it on a bounce in traffic and returned it 40 yards so he also has grit. The kid is a player but in a big program if he is playing wide out let's say he has to know his responsibility every play or he will grade out very low (it wouldn't be like what he has been doing).

Lumberjackfan1978

I agree completely 2A 3A or 4A ball would be best at this point

Air Force One

Quote from: JC Guy on August 07, 2016, 09:58:29 pm
Guys he would have been putting him self behind the eight ball if he had moved to a large program this late. The kid has made his way through high school ball thus far on God given talent and broken plays. That wouldn't work stepping into a big program and not knowing the scheme. At this point his best bet would be small school. I have watched this kid shoulder his team since junior high and basically line up every Friday night and play back yard ball. If he had made the move earlier I say he would have been fine. He has hands even in traffic and he has very good cover skills. I watched him on a punt return against us come flying up and take it on a bounce in traffic and returned it 40 yards so he also has grit. The kid is a player but in a big program if he is playing wide out let's say he has to know his responsibility every play or he will grade out very low (it wouldn't be like what he has been doing).
Monta' got mad skills! And he have grit! And I would have loved to see him at Warren where all he had to do is focus on WR, RB, or QB! But it is like this, what is he doing in the classroom? No matter how good he is on the field, if he is not making the grades, all he will be is another Hermitage/Hampton guy would have been great if he would have kept his head in the books! And that have always been the story for young men all over Arkansas and other states! It is a bad epidemic! That is what we as parents, teachers and love ones got to stop!

NEark tigers

A lot of drama down in south Arkansas.......interesting piece....

Headhunter15

It'll get investigated either way . Hermitage faithful not goin out without a fight. For all we know AAA is already on the case. But I promise you they aren't looking on fearlessfriday.com for evidence  ::)

AirWarren

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 08, 2016, 01:45:53 am
It'll get investigated either way . Hermitage faithful not goin out without a fight. For all we know AAA is already on the case. But I promise you they aren't looking on fearlessfriday.com for evidence  ::)

You would be surprised who looks at fearless Friday.....AD's....teachers....coaches......principals.....

Beardad

Fearless is like the "hot sheets."  EVERYBODY gets on to read the word on the street.  While it may not be taken for 100% fact (which it shouldn't....kind of like the timeframe for Monta's move), and most coaches claim to never get on Fearless, THEY ALL DO.

As far as a "Monta" recruitment to Hampton; I won't say it's true, I won't say it's untrue.  I will say that Ables knows the rules, and surely followed them.  As far as what Monta has done, that's up in the air.  But I'm with everybody else here; if he was going to make the effort to jump to a new school with the aid of his mother.....wouldn't you think he'd pick somewhere other than Hampton?

#72 Bearden Bear

If the Hermits drop football this year, that's one less away game I have to go to. I also had the Hampton a could go either way game for the Bears, but now its a loss. That probably puts the Bears in the playoffs now as the #5 seed most likely and another trip to Hector in the first round. People say one player can't make that big of a difference, those people haven't seen Monta. He's one of those once in life time players. Hampton better enjoy him while they can.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on August 07, 2016, 08:44:38 pm
I too would like to know that haha
Looks like no one's gonna talk about the meeting huh AW?

AirWarren

Guess not. I would imagine "facts" would have been given too at this meeting.

Jimbo Morphis

This may be the first time it's happened at Hermitage but it aint the first time it's happened. Happens several times a year. If they can show utility bills where they moved to Hampton there is nothing to see here. AAA will do nothing.

AirWarren

#72 Bearden Bear

Any updates on what's happening in Hermitage? Not trying to be funny or anything, how many actually left and do they have enough to field a team?

Randy

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on August 11, 2016, 09:13:26 am
Any updates on what's happening in Hermitage? Not trying to be funny or anything, how many actually left and do they have enough to field a team?

read entire thread

sickwillie

There is nothing wrong with the word Monta for people in Hampton now lol

flawlessthoughts

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on August 05, 2016, 10:51:37 am
Did childs transfer too?
Allegedly, Childs was found academically ineligible once AAA started investigating to see if the transfers were legit. Any truth to that rumor?

minerjack

What's your source. That ought to be able to tell you how true it might be?

flawlessthoughts

Monsta

once the cookie crumbs everybody wants a crumb

sickwillie

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 16, 2016, 12:29:43 am
None of the Hermitage kids are eligible  ;D

According to Ables Childs and Thomas are both eligible and residents of Hampton now. Im not sure about ST Sumler and Alex Davis.

big E

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: big E on August 16, 2016, 08:54:28 am
Sounds like a mess.
As big a mess as the 8 2A was hoping for when conference play kicks off  ;D

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: sickwillie on August 16, 2016, 08:44:32 am
According to Ables Childs and Thomas are both eligible and residents of Hampton now. Im not sure about ST Sumler and Alex Davis.
SHHHHH :-X

Jack1990

Local news is reporting that the Hermits will not field a Senior football team this year due to lack of players.  The Junior High will play as scheduled.

AirWarren

flawlessthoughts

mtindian42

Here today and gone tomorrow...who's next? What is the state of 2a football?

Ventman

I think in twenty years 2A football will be a thing of the past. It's just the way our society is moving, most people are just to lazy to put out the effort it takes to play the game. Just my opinion and that doesn't mean much.

Backwoods Bart

THA TRUTH

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 17, 2016, 03:17:43 pm
Bart please save urself from humiliation

Looks like you left your cheat sheet out and Hampton grabbed it. You got yours, and Hampton will get theirs. Bite me TT!

AirWarren

Quote from: Ventman on August 17, 2016, 02:44:19 pm
I think in twenty years 2A football will be a thing of the past. It's just the way our society is moving, most people are just to lazy to put out the effort it takes to play the game. Just my opinion and that doesn't mean much.

Hermitage has not fielded a team or teetered on the brink of not fielding a team many times. This isn't anything new.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 17, 2016, 03:22:07 pm
Looks like you left your cheat sheet out and Hampton grabbed it. You got yours, and Hampton will get theirs. Bite me TT!

Lol it's gonna be fun to see y'all get mercy ruled again

AirWarren

Backwoods Bart

dragondad

August 17, 2016, 10:35:25 pm #99 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:58:45 am by dragondad
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 17, 2016, 03:22:07 pm

I missed it,  what did Truth get?

Because if you're referring to JC, well they got bling......

Lots and lots.....and lots of it!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas