• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hermitage folks, what's the word on Monta?

Started by WonderWartHawg, July 31, 2016, 01:29:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on August 18, 2016, 07:23:49 am
EDNT article: CLICK HERE

Now we know, straight from the horses mouths.  Glad they gave both sides ample opportunity to give their side of the story.

isu-152

but what motivated the kids to move.....
right before fall practice?

that is not in the article....

It seems like Hermitage was shunned for the bright lights of Hampton....

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: isu-152 on August 18, 2016, 11:46:57 am
but what motivated the kids to move.....
right before fall practice?

that is not in the article....

It seems like Hermitage was shunned for the bright lights of Hampton....
Their previous championships motivated them. Now let's get ready for some football.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 18, 2016, 12:14:51 pm
Their previous championships motivated them. Now let's get ready for some football.

What championships?

NWA Hawg

From the article, Ellis seems to have been very understanding of what was defiantly a tough situation for him. On the other hand, Ables seems like a complete sir. Just my opinion from the article. I have met neither one of the guys. 

AirWarren

Championships?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dragondad on August 17, 2016, 10:35:25 pm
I missed it,  what did Truth get?

Because if you're referring to JC, well they got bling......

Lots and lots.....and lots of it!

It cost you a forced re-classification. Better tighten up your belt, if last year's performance in the 2a is any indication, JC's in a dry spell!  ;)

bulldog

How can a player practice with another team in another town that he is not yet eligible for?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: fann07 on August 18, 2016, 01:00:55 pm
From the article, Ellis seems to have been very understanding of what was defiantly a tough situation for him. On the other hand, Ables seems like a complete sir. Just my opinion from the article. I have met neither one of the guys.

Whats a "complete sir"?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bulldog on August 18, 2016, 01:11:47 pm
How can a player practice with another team in another town that he is not yet eligible for?

I was wondering the same thing

dawgpound

Quote from: fann07 on August 18, 2016, 01:00:55 pm
Ellis never stated the obvious and that was a lack of numbers is why they left to begin with if you had a chance to play college ball and you putting up numbers this season counted on it you would make sure you had enough on your team to play that is what went on here

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bulldog on August 18, 2016, 01:11:47 pm

he can't. Hampton will have to vacate any wins when this goes down.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on August 18, 2016, 01:17:15 pm
Ellis never stated the obvious and that was a lack of numbers is why they left to begin with if you had a chance to play college ball and you putting up numbers this season counted on it you would make sure you had enough on your team to play that is what went on here

If that's the case, why not leave last year or the year before etc.?

dawgpound

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 18, 2016, 01:20:46 pm
that's a good question and before school of choice it woulda been a lot easier but I'm assuming they wanted to play for thier home town up until they got scared it wasn't gonna have enough to play

NWA Hawg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 18, 2016, 01:15:32 pm
Whats a "complete sir"?

I don't know either. I guess that's what fearless decided to turn what I said into. What I said is he comes off as a rear.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 18, 2016, 01:20:46 pm
Why not move on? The kids moved, they're eligible to play, Hermitage has no team this season and Hampton will be a good team this season. Seems to me the kids made a good decision. Understanding isn't as hard as some of you are making it. What's keeping you wondering? Is it the fear of Hampton or is it the anger of not being able to beat up on a 11 man team this year in Hermitage? What is it?

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 01:18:07 pm
Make sure you pray about it.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 18, 2016, 01:48:05 pm
Why not move on? The kids moved, they're eligible to play, Hermitage has no team this season and Hampton will be a good team this season. Seems to me the kids made a good decision. Understanding isn't as hard as some of you are making it. What's keeping you wondering? Is it the fear of Hampton or is it the anger of not being able to beat up on a 11 man team this year in Hermitage? What is it?

So... your qualified to rule on their eligibility? The powers that be have released no disposition on this, and may be months before doing so. For the kids, it may have been a good decision, but....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 18, 2016, 01:48:05 pm

Your comprehension skills are lacking. I just wondered why not leave before, every year hermitage has seemed to struggle to field a team, so why wait till this year? And nobody is fearing Hampton, I'm sure their coach will mess that up.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 01:54:28 pm
So... your qualified to rule on their eligibility? The powers that be have released no disposition on this, and may be months before doing so. For the kids, it may have been a good decision, but....
Triple A came down last Monday and ruled Monta Thomas & St Sumler eligible. Kevin Child's & Alex Davis had to work out some kinks. Child's is now eligible and Davis is nearing eligibility. How do I know? Let's just say I'm the source close the family. Stop praying on the worst for these kids because Jesus will not answer your prayers this time my friend. You're all out of luck also. Prepare to finish out your work weeks, fill the tank and get ready for some football.  ;D  ;D ;D

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 18, 2016, 02:03:13 pm
Triple A came down last Monday and ruled Monta Thomas & St Sumler eligible. Kevin Child's & Alex Davis had to work out some kinks. Child's is now eligible and Davis is nearing eligibility. How do I know? Let's just say I'm the source close the family. Stop praying on the worst for these kids because Jesus will not answer your prayers this time my friend. You're all out of luck also. Prepare to finish out your work weeks, fill the tank and get ready for some football.  ;D  ;D ;D

Not praying on the worst for any kid. The 2A-8 could be in trouble, because now after this year, there may be two schools that can't field a team. Please stop spinning this, it makes it look like you have something to hide!  ;) 

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 18, 2016, 02:00:22 pm
Your comprehension skills are lacking. I just wondered why not leave before, every year hermitage has seemed to struggle to field a team, so why wait till this year? And nobody is fearing Hampton, I'm sure their coach will mess that up.
Lol NO, your comprehension skills are lacking. I clearly stated "Hermitage will not field a team this season".. St Sumler and Alex Davis was not on the Hermitage team when Monta & Kevin left so that had them at exactly 11 players. Sumler and Davis had plans on transferring schools before Thomas and Child's. Ok, Thomas is a D1 recruit while Child's is pushing for the same. Let's just say a kid gets hurt game 1 or 2, you're down to 10 players now Captain. Hmm, end of the season and hopes of receiving that scholarship. What's so hard to understand about how things may play out? The kids are giving themselves a chance.

flawlessthoughts

[quote auth ;D ;Dor=Backwoods Bart link=topic=147676.msg3355032#msg3355032 date=1471547594]
Not praying on the worst for any kid. The 2A-8 could be in trouble, because now after this year, there may be two schools that can't field a team. Please stop spinning this, it makes it look like you have something to hide!  ;)
[/quote]MY IDENTITY  ;D ;D

baseball13

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 01:18:07 pm

Bart when Hampton beats y'all this year are you going to apologize to the people of Hampton?

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: baseball13 on August 18, 2016, 02:15:34 pm

Bart when Hampton beats y'all this year are you going to apologize to the people of Hampton?
He'll cry in the shower first.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

August 18, 2016, 02:22:11 pm #126 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:44:58 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 18, 2016, 02:13:31 pm
Lol NO, your comprehension skills are lacking. I clearly stated "Hermitage will not field a team this season".. St Sumler and Alex Davis was not on the Hermitage team when Monta & Kevin left so that had them at exactly 11 players. Sumler and Davis had plans on transferring schools before Thomas and Child's. Ok, Thomas is a D1 recruit while Child's is pushing for the same. Let's just say a kid gets hurt game 1 or 2, you're down to 10 players now Captain. Hmm, end of the season and hopes of receiving that scholarship. What's so hard to understand about how things may play out? The kids are giving themselves a chance.

You still have missed my question,  I just asked WHY WAIT TILL THIS YEAR? And it's funny that even after the transfers hermitage still 12 or 13, so with the 4 who left would play at hermitage, that would be 16 or 17.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: baseball13 on August 18, 2016, 02:15:34 pm

Now, there is a good chance that you will win. But I will still be here when you can't field another team!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 02:13:14 pm

What two schools?

baseball13

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 02:25:32 pm
Now, there is a good chance that you will win. But I will still be here when you can't field another team!
Now why would Hampton not be able to filed another team? They have 30 men on the roster if you take 4 away that leaves you with 26. I don't know what kind of math they teach at Bearden but that leaves you with 26 kids and last time I checked that is plenty to field a team.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 01:11:25 pm
It cost you a forced re-classification. Better tighten up your belt, if last year's performance in the 2a is any indication, JC's in a dry spell!  ;)

7-3 is a heck of a dry spell I wonder what u would call the situation bearden is in

flawlessthoughts

August 18, 2016, 02:45:15 pm #131 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:49:14 pm by flawlessthoughts
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 18, 2016, 02:22:11 pm
You still have missed my question,  I just asked WHY WAIT TILL THE YEAR? And it's funny that even after the transfers hermitage still 12 or 13, so with the 4 who left would play at hermitage, that would be 16 or 17.
Dude can you read? Hermitage do not have 12 or 13 players if so they would have fielded a team this season. Again, Davis & Sumler had already quit the team before the Thomas & Child's transfer. They would've had 12 had not Davis and Sumler quit. Monta & Child's left because of the chances of their senior season going down the drain. You ever heard the saying "abandon the ship before it sinks"? That's what Thomas and Child's did. It's not what you want it to be so give up.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 18, 2016, 02:43:07 pm

7-3 is a heck of a dry spell I wonder what u would call the situation bearden is in

Now you know that's not a fair question.  Lol

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 18, 2016, 02:45:15 pm
Dude can you read? Hermitage do not have 12 or 13 players if so they would have fielded a team this season. Again, Davis & Sumler had already quit the team before the Thomas & Child's transfer. They would've had 12 had not Davis and Sumler quit. Monta & Child's left because of the chances of their senior season going down the drain. You ever heard the saying "abandon the ship before it sinks"? That's what Thomas and Child's did. It's not what you want it to be so give up.
Is this clear enough for you?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 18, 2016, 02:47:26 pm
Is this clear enough for you?

So you are the authority on both Hampton and hermitage?

This poster says they had 15 the day Monta left, I read somewhere else the day hermitage decided to cancel they had 12 or 13

Quote from: tiredoflies on August 06, 2016, 03:49:42 pm
This will be my first and last post.  We need to get some facts out of the way, so a meaningful conversation can continue.

The day Monta quit football at Hermitage, Hermitage had 15 players.  That is what they had last year and more than they had at this time last year.  Monta and his mother knew that.  Of course that number looks low to many of you, but it is not low for Hermitage.  Monta got all of his exposure AT HERMITAGE WITH THOSE NUMBERS.

Monta spent several weeks scouting out places to go.  He visited schools and attended practices.  Those coaches should be ashamed of themselves.  They should also read the AAA handbook.  That is recruiting.
Monta's "brother", the poster on this site, works in Hampton for a Hampton business owner.  He is the one in Monta's hear.  Recruitment.

Monta STILL lives in Hermitage.  All of his things are there.  His mother STILL lives there.  They lived there on the day they registered at Hampton.  Hampton allowed them to register anyway.  Wes allowed Monta to practice anyway.  WES KNEW MONTA DID NOT LIVE IN HAMPTON.  WES KNEW MONTA'S MOM STILL WORKED AT HERMITAGE.
AFTER Monta registered at Hampton, his mother came to the Hermitage school to tell them Monta was leaving.  At this time, she was still working at Hermitage for the school.  She was told about the AAA rule saying that he can't go unless he lives there. She quits her job.  She does NOT have a job at Hampton at this time.  It is ASSUMED she then went to the Hampton coaches to find out.  They probably picked up the AAA Handbook for the first time at that moment.  That is when they read the part about a Bona Fide move.

The next day (Friday), Monta and his mother find a house to stay at in Hampton.  They have not moved there YET.  Monta is staying with someone down there to get to practice.

After Monta announced he was going to be a dog, he called and text several players on the team enticing them to join him.  This is the point where the Hermitage people get mad.  They would have been upset but okay with him leaving.  They just don't think he should have tried to destroy what was left.  He said things like, "Y'all aren't gunna have a team anyway.  Play with me.  I'll make sure you win." 

Kevin Childs, Alex Davis, and Jake Clay have now all said they are making Bona Fide moves to Hampton.  Seems legit.  Right.  This leaves Hermitage with 11.  The Hermitage parents, players, and coaches will make a decision on the season tomorrow afternoon at 4:00. 

Monta's mother was given a job at The Bulldog, AFTER she met with the Hermitage Schools.  Again, recruitment. Read the definition.  According to AAA, recruitment can come from ANYONE in the community with connection to the program.  It can be an alumni, family member of an employee, booster, etc. 

Hampton coaches including Wes know this story.  Monta knows this story.  They don't want you to know.  They want you to feel bad for Monta like he didn't have a choice and he is only doing what anyone else would have done.  That is a lie.

Everyone in the state should demand that AAA take action on this.  If not, it could be your town next.  If Hampton is smart, they will kick these boys off now before AAA makes them forfeit wins for recruitment.  Monta will be ruled ineligible.  There is WAY TOO MUCH EVIDENCE AGAINST HIM.  And just so we are clear, Hermitage doesn't want them back.  We would rather not have a team than have people like that on it. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on August 18, 2016, 02:45:15 pm

I couldn't care less about Hampton,  heck I hope we get to play them and eliminate ables.

baseball13

MR. PICK, what is so different about Hampton and Hermitage that it is OK for Hermitage to not have a football team but Hampton did the same thing last year and Hampton gets drummed?

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 18, 2016, 02:53:21 pm

This poster says they had 15 the day Monta left, I read somewhere else the day hermitage decided to cancel they had 12 or 13

This will be my first and last post.  We need to get some facts out of the way, so a meaningful conversation can continue.

The day Monta quit football at Hermitage, Hermitage had 15 players.  That is what they had last year and more than they had at this time last year.  Monta and his mother knew that.  Of course that number looks low to many of you, but it is not low for Hermitage.  Monta got all of his exposure AT HERMITAGE WITH THOSE NUMBERS.

Monta spent several weeks scouting out places to go.  He visited schools and attended practices.  Those coaches should be ashamed of themselves.  They should also read the AAA handbook.  That is recruiting.
Monta's "brother", the poster on this site, works in Hampton for a Hampton business owner.  He is the one in Monta's hear.  Recruitment.

Monta STILL lives in Hermitage.  All of his things are there.  His mother STILL lives there.  They lived there on the day they registered at Hampton.  Hampton allowed them to register anyway.  Wes allowed Monta to practice anyway.  WES KNEW MONTA DID NOT LIVE IN HAMPTON.  WES KNEW MONTA'S MOM STILL WORKED AT HERMITAGE.
AFTER Monta registered at Hampton, his mother came to the Hermitage school to tell them Monta was leaving.  At this time, she was still working at Hermitage for the school.  She was told about the AAA rule saying that he can't go unless he lives there. She quits her job.  She does NOT have a job at Hampton at this time.  It is ASSUMED she then went to the Hampton coaches to find out.  They probably picked up the AAA Handbook for the first time at that moment.  That is when they read the part about a Bona Fide move.

The next day (Friday), Monta and his mother find a house to stay at in Hampton.  They have not moved there YET.  Monta is staying with someone down there to get to practice.

After Monta announced he was going to be a dog, he called and text several players on the team enticing them to join him.  This is the point where the Hermitage people get mad.  They would have been upset but okay with him leaving.  They just don't think he should have tried to destroy what was left.  He said things like, "Y'all aren't gunna have a team anyway.  Play with me.  I'll make sure you win." 

Kevin Childs, Alex Davis, and Jake Clay have now all said they are making Bona Fide moves to Hampton.  Seems legit.  Right.  This leaves Hermitage with 11.  The Hermitage parents, players, and coaches will make a decision on the season tomorrow afternoon at 4:00. 

Monta's mother was given a job at The Bulldog, AFTER she met with the Hermitage Schools.  Again, recruitment. Read the definition.  According to AAA, recruitment can come from ANYONE in the community with connection to the program.  It can be an alumni, family member of an employee, booster, etc. 

Hampton coaches including Wes know this story.  Monta knows this story.  They don't want you to know.  They want you to feel bad for Monta like he didn't have a choice and he is only doing what anyone else would have done.  That is a lie.

Everyone in the state should demand that AAA take action on this.  If not, it could be your town next.  If Hampton is smart, they will kick these boys off now before AAA makes them forfeit wins for recruitment.  Monta will be ruled ineligible.  There is WAY TOO MUCH EVIDENCE AGAINST HIM.  And just so we are clear, Hermitage doesn't want them back.  We would rather not have a team than have people like that on it.
That poster also said "there was enough evidence to make them ineligible". We see how that went.

Headhunter15

August 18, 2016, 03:06:45 pm #138 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:08:50 pm by Headhunter15
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 18, 2016, 02:53:21 pm

This post seems like somebody was salty... ::) just take your L and try to rebuild. Go steal some warren players. Offer em all
Max contract deals and boom. Hermitage is back like that

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on August 18, 2016, 02:56:40 pm
MR. PICK, what is so different about Hampton and Hermitage that it is OK for Hermitage to not have a football team but Hampton did the same thing last year and Hampton gets drummed?

I'm not for anyones cancellation  of football I you have more than 11 players. Look back through the other thread, I was questioning that too. Marvel plays every year with 12 or so kids.

dragondad

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 01:11:25 pm

7-3 with an open date in regular season, one loss early season to a LA state championship team, another by one point early season to a season long top ranked team, and a third deep in the playoffs to a semi-finalist.  That's "a dry spell"?   If so,  what would you call what Bearden did last year and likely again this season?

Cost us a forced re-classification?   Winning games didn't cost us anything except money for rings.....and I've never viewed being re-classed because of increased enrollmemt as some kind of penalty or setback.....but I see how you might view it that way for your team.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

So let's end this here, you seem to think I'm upset over or something over the move,  I'M NOT, I just wonder why he waited so long. Hermitage has struggled with numbers for years, so why wait to his sr year to move?  Don't give me the "oh he was worried about his recruiting" he was being recruited and known about prior to his jr. year.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 18, 2016, 03:17:49 pm
So let's end this here, you seem to think I'm upset over or something over the move,  I'M NOT, I just wonder why he waited so long. Hermitage has struggled with numbers for years, so why wait to his sr year to move?  Don't give me the "oh he was worried about his recruiting" he was being recruited and known about prior to his jr. year.
I answered your question with facts yet you still ask the same question. Seems to me you just want the kid at Hermitage. Believe and feel as you choose.

Backwoods Bart

[/quote]

Calm before the storm

SUGARTOWN

I'm still wondering what championships you're referring too?

dragondad

August 18, 2016, 03:41:20 pm #145 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:44:38 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 03:34:02 pm

Calm before the storm

So you're predicting it's going to get worse for Bearden?  LOL!!

dragondad

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 18, 2016, 03:35:41 pm
I'm still wondering what championships you're referring too?

I think that's his point....

Headhunter15

Quote from: dragondad on August 18, 2016, 03:41:20 pm
So you're predicting it's going to get worse for Bearden?  LOL!!

2A board more interesting than the 3A board lately. Idk what's up with them but y'all got me giggling

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 18, 2016, 03:54:30 pm
2A board more interesting than the 3A board lately. Idk what's up with them but y'all got me giggling

Get back in class Junior

Headhunter15

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 18, 2016, 03:57:56 pm
Get back in class Junior

That's cheesy but i expect that from a bearden native tho so it's not so cheesy after all

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas