• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hermitage folks, what's the word on Monta?

Started by WonderWartHawg, July 31, 2016, 01:29:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WonderWartHawg

Been following Hogs recruiting over the summer and haven't heard his name come up.
Just curious, what's going on as far as his recruitment (by anybody)?

AirWarren

Trey biddy has stated several times on his segment of DTS that he was on the radar but where he plays and level of competition could be hurting his stock. But biddy also said that he has a chance to land a scholarship somewhere due to athleticism.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: AirWarren on July 31, 2016, 03:57:16 pm
Trey biddy has stated several times on his segment of DTS that he was on the radar but where he plays and level of competition could be hurting his stock. But biddy also said that he has a chance to land a scholarship somewhere due to athleticism.

Afraid the Hogs may be missing on another Kenneth Dixon type story.

Any word on who IS seriously recruiting him?

AirWarren

Could be.

I haven't heard. That was early spring from biddy. Not much else said of him.

heavyhittaz_7

I do know for a fact that Arkansas came down this past spring and stated that they would want Monta to play corner for them. I think he wants to play on the other side of the ball at RB of WR. I do know that Air Force came down and said the he could start RB for them right away but has to make a higher a.c.t score then normal. But the schools that has been keeping in contact that I know of are Georgia, Oklahoma st, ole miss,UCA and Missouri. Hopefully more schools will role in when the season starts and he can get the offers flowing in!

Football Truth

Monta has been working hard all summer long preparing for the season.. he's gotten bigger, faster, and stronger an he can't wait until the lights come on Friday nights.. he'll continue to be patient waiting on those offers but I can promise you it's coming.. good luck Hermits!!

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on July 31, 2016, 05:31:13 pm
I do know for a fact that Arkansas came down this past spring and stated that they would want Monta to play corner for them. I think he wants to play on the other side of the ball at RB of WR. I do know that Air Force came down and said the he could start RB for them right away but has to make a higher a.c.t score then normal. But the schools that has been keeping in contact that I know of are Georgia, Oklahoma st, ole miss,UCA and Missouri. Hopefully more schools will role in when the season starts and he can get the offers flowing in!

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted please.

Air Force One

The main question is will they have enough to field a team? The new Head Coach is bringing a new attitude to the program that Hermitage folk have not seen in a long time, conditioning, don`t quit attitude is a must! He will turn Hermitage into winners if the players and parents support him. Coach Ellis is a in your face kind of guy, he will not baby them...

Headhunter15

He's moving to crossett with family. I talked with him today. Go ahead and try to gang up on me blah blah he will be an eagle this year. No trolling. He said something about hermitage not having enough for a team also. Why hasn't anybody said anything about hermitages situation? And I asked him why not go to warren and he said "crossett doesn't have as many athletes as warren so I can move up to 4A and still be able to shine like I want to"

Headhunter15

Nobody's gonna believe that because of how sudden it is but it'll get out later on. Again no trolling here, just early info

Football Truth

Hermitage"folk" here lol Monta will be taking snaps for the Hermits this season.

WonderWartHawg

Well, for his sake, I hope he gets to play somewhere.
If he has to move to do that, so be it I guess.
I don't have a dog in the fight, but as an outside observer, Warren would make much more sense to me.
I think he would have more help around him and he would still shine just as bright I would think.

AirWarren

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 01, 2016, 11:43:31 pm
He's moving to crossett with family. I talked with him today. Go ahead and try to gang up on me blah blah he will be an eagle this year. No trolling. He said something about hermitage not having enough for a team also. Why hasn't anybody said anything about hermitages situation? And I asked him why not go to warren and he said "crossett doesn't have as many athletes as warren so I can move up to 4A and still be able to shine like I want to"

*chuckles

Romeo

Monta is a good kid. I hope he excels wherever he goes and gets a scholarship somewhere.

Headhunter15

Warren would've been the better pick . Does warren and crossett play in the same conference? I'd wanna see that game now

stuck in between

The days of moving into another school district "with family" in order to participate in athletics no longer exist. If a young man or woman chooses to move into another district he/she must be accompanied by his or her parents, or by someone to whom custody of said child has been awarded to in order for it to be classified as a "bonafied move" by the AAA. If this is not the case they are required to sit out 1 year from the time they enroll at said school. Note: the Triple A does not recognize legal guardianship as a form of custody. I went through this at the end of football season last year when my ex-stepson and I moved from the district in which his mother lived into another. He had lived with me in the previous district for the better part of five years with me having legal guardianship of him. After pleading with the AAA by both myself and his Mother he was not granted a hardship due to the fact that if he chose he could move in with his Mom (parent) and play. The only way we were able to resolve the issue was to have both biological parents sign custody over to me.
    Now if Hermitage's Program does fold, which I certainly hope is not the case perhaps the Triple A will be more forgiving and allow him to play, but if not and he does plan on moving the proper steps will need to start being taken to prevent him from missing any action. Lawyers are not cheap and the court system is not fast.
     I understand the AAA has to be strict when it comes to matters such as this, but I feel as though it should be treated as a case by case situation rather than giving the standard " If I allow your son to play I will have 100 more to go through tomorrow" excuse. As much good as the AAA does for student athletes I think this is one situation in which they do not take in consideration what is best for the child.
    I wish him the best of luck along with the town of Hermitage as far as keeping their program alive. I come from a town that football's program was terminated several years back. It's pretty sad to drive by that empty field on Friday nights in October

Headhunter15

Doesn't a student get school of choice when he or she's former school is very low on numbers and due to be shut down or something like that? Isn't strong going thru that right now?

Cheek

If Hermitage does not field a team,  he can go anywhere he wants.   Happened at Marshall a few years ago.  Kids went to Yellville-Summitt when Clinton was closer.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on August 02, 2016, 09:29:17 pm
If Hermitage does not field a team,  he can go anywhere he wants.   Happened at Marshall a few years ago.  Kids went to Yellville-Summitt when Clinton was closer.

depends on where one lives in the Marshall school district...

Cheek

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 02, 2016, 09:31:14 pm
depends on where one lives in the Marshall school district...

True,  but the point is they can go where they want, not the closest district.

Football Truth

Drove by today and the numbers are decent for Hermitage. Looks like the same team from last only losing two players to graduation. And oh yeah Monta was taking snaps for the off so again he's not going anywhere. This Sr class is should not be overlooked. Good luck Hermits!

AirWarren

Quote from: Football Truth on August 03, 2016, 06:28:17 pm
Drove by today and the numbers are decent for Hermitage. Looks like the same team from last only losing two players to graduation. And oh yeah Monta was taking snaps for the off so again he's not going anywhere. This Sr class is should not be overlooked. Good luck Hermits!

Hmm ok.

Delta_Bravo

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 03, 2016, 09:16:34 pm
What are you hearing about the star

Haven't heard anything. I was just told numbers were really low.

Delta_Bravo

Well he hasn't left Hermitage yet. If or when he does word will spread fast around here. As a fan of a team that had no football last year this is sad for everyone

AirWarren

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 03, 2016, 09:32:03 pm
Well he hasn't left Hermitage yet. If or when he does word will spread fast around here. As a fan of a team that had no football last year this is sad for everyone

For a kid that is banking on a scholarship, a team with 9 players is detrimental to him. I find it sad that hermitage can't field a team. I have always said, it's time to consolidate the schools. No sense in kids suffering.

Delta_Bravo

Agreed we could use a few over in Hampton. As a matter of fact we sure could use the Thomas kid this year

Headhunter15

Y'all might laugh but Hampton and hermitage consolidation . That football team would be stout. Hampton got one dude coming from junior high or he may already be on sr high that if you had him and monta running read option it would be lethal to stop .

bleudog

STUNNA

AirWarren

Football Truth

Jack1990

If true...devastating news to Hermitage but a season changer for Hampton.

Football Truth

Quote from: Jack1990 on August 04, 2016, 06:31:37 pm
If true...devastating news to Hermitage but a season changer for Hampton.
lottoish

dawgpound

yep his family is moving to hampton just adding some more talent to a great group of kids that are getting stronger by the day

AirWarren

Proud Buckaroo

What's the deal though? Honestly... Is the new coaches work attitude too hard for the kids?

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2016, 11:01:50 am
What's the deal though? Honestly... Is the new coaches work attitude too hard for the kids?

I don't think so. Coach Ellis is a good guy and has always been a good football coach at his time in Warren.

I think the numbers and lack of players has hurt the team this year.

dawgpound

Think they are scared the team wasn't going to have enough to play so got out while he could not sure if any other players are leaving or not

Cheek

I thought Hermitage had a good chance to field a team, but since Thomas left, I am afraid the wheels will start falling off.  The chance of them fielding a team this year is slim.

AirWarren

August 05, 2016, 01:47:40 pm #41 Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:49:22 pm by AirWarren
Not sure if "getting what they deserved" is warranted. I'm no hermit fan as a warrenite, but I hate it for coach Ellis and the kids.

Coach maudlin has been there for many many years and has fielded many mediocre teams with multiple losing seasons. He had his chance. He just so happened to have a stud that was scoring 6-8 touchdowns a game for them and kept them alive. That is a fluke in hermitage. And me using the term "mediocre" is being nice.

The real winner is the situation is Hampton. And it's good for their program after not fielding a team a couple of years ago.

arkansasprepfootball

Word I've gotten is there are some red flags that have come up regarding this kid(s) "transfer" that are being addressed at an administrative/state level.  I think this deal may get pretty ugly...

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 05, 2016, 06:03:27 pm
Word I've gotten is there are some red flags that have come up regarding this kid(s) "transfer" that are being addressed at an administrative/state level.  I think this deal may get pretty ugly...

I brought this up yesterday but knew nothing about the situation. If he was recruited to Hampton, coaches may roll quick!

Headhunter15

What Hampton got to offer lol don't seem like much recruiting to me. Bearden would've been a better fit tho.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 05, 2016, 06:03:27 pm

Like, AW mentioned...

Things that will make this move legal.

1. Bonafide move in to the district. (Parents moving counts.)
2. Mentioned school is in distress. (Which I haven't heard of Hermitage being in this situation.)

Quote from: dawgpound on August 05, 2016, 10:00:37 am
yep his family is moving to hampton just adding some more talent to a great group of kids that are getting stronger by the day

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2016, 06:23:49 pm
Like, AW mentioned...

Things that will make this move legal.

1. Bonafide move in to the district. (Parents moving counts.)
2. Mentioned school is in distress. (Which I haven't heard of Hermitage being in this situation.)

Once the AAA opens an investigation,  it's the little things that will bite ya.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 05, 2016, 06:16:37 pm
What Hampton got to offer lol don't seem like much recruiting to me. Bearden would've been a better fit tho.

I would have moved him to Warren before I went to Hampton. Same county... Shorter drive.

I mean, not by much.. But still. It's not like the kid isn't getting recruiting looks or anything.

WonderWartHawg

Again, no dog in the fight, nor understanding of the whys of the family would pick a certain place to move (if true.)
BUT, If they were going to move, to maximize Monta's college hopes, coaches would rather see him against tougher competition.
Heck, skip Warren and move on up to Pine Bluff or North Little Rock.
If he did well there, more doors would open for him than at Hermitage or Hampton.

JC Guy

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on August 05, 2016, 11:07:14 pm
Again, no dog in the fight, nor understanding of the whys of the family would pick a certain place to move (if true.)
BUT, If they were going to move, to maximize Monta's college hopes, coaches would rather see him against tougher competition.
Heck, skip Warren and move on up to Pine Bluff or North Little Rock.
If he did well there, more doors would open for him than at Hermitage or Hampton.
I can see a down side to this line of thought. If he moves into a large program this late he puts him self in a bad situation. Trying to learn a more complicated play book. Or what if the coach at the larger school plays him out of position? The up side to him playing in 2A is he gets recruited as an athlete because he is that good to be all everything at that level. He will play at D1 because he is that good but I really think he will probally wind up playing a position in collge that's not his first choice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas