• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HG

Started by heavyhittaz_7, July 28, 2016, 05:53:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhittaz_7

Are there any harmony grove fans on here? Welcome back to 2A ball first off and what will y'all be looking like this year after loseing some good impact players? Looking forward to making that trip over there week 9.

Delta_Bravo

What about Hermitage how many players will yall have week one?

heavyhittaz_7

Not really sure how many we will have to be exact because you always have some that come out when school start. But it has been about 17 out this summer.

Headhunter15

Didn't HG and bearden have like a rivalry for the first game..? What happen to that???

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 05, 2016, 07:19:43 pm
Didn't HG and bearden have like a rivalry for the first game..? What happen to that???

That was last year. It was only a one game contract because of CHG dropping down to Bearden's conference. So... CHG got a contract with Smackover for the first game.

Headhunter15

I was wondering why they stop playing but dang. Seem like bearden and Hg would've been a good rivalry

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 05, 2016, 07:28:02 pm
I was wondering why they stop playing but dang. Seem like bearden and Hg would've been a good rivalry

They will play each other Week 7.

streetevangelistgrady

Can anyone explain why they dropped back down to 2A?

bigworm

Quote from: streetevangelistgrady on August 08, 2016, 11:32:17 am

well, because their number of kids from 9th through 12th grade match 2a numbers.

dragondad

Same reason JC got bumped up to 3A,  head count.

Proud Buckaroo

They were a few kids away from staying in 3A. You know how many kids JC had to get bumped up? 2 more kids than the highest "kid count in 2A."

HG Hornet

August 12, 2016, 09:00:58 pm #11 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:02:38 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on July 28, 2016, 05:53:52 pm
Are there any harmony grove fans on here? Welcome back to 2A ball first off and what will y'all be looking like this year after loseing some good impact players? Looking forward to making that trip over there week 9.
Just joined today.  Been watching for a while and decided to jump in the mix.  First off, thanks for the welcome back.  Secondly, I think we'll be OK even though we lost 5 really good starting players:  Parham, Venzant twins, McKelvin, and Mitchell.  We have several sophomores who can play and help out as well as a nucleus of juniors and seniors who have played together since 3rd grade peewee.  Coaches Mark and Bo Ward took these kids all over south Arkansas and they won most of the time.  They may not win every game, but they expect to win every game.  That's their mindset.  These Hornets have a history and they've been through a lot of games together.  The football coaching staff at CHG is very good and have set high expectations as well.  CHG is getting a new football field this year and I'm expecting an exciting year.  Hope ALL kids, both Hornets and opponents, have a safe season and show good sportsmanship.  CHG Hornet

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: CHG Hornet on August 12, 2016, 09:00:58 pm
Just joined today.  Been watching for a while and decided to jump in the mix.  First off, thanks for the welcome back.  Secondly, I think we'll be OK even though we lost 5 really good starting players:  Parham, Venzant twins, McKelvin, and Mitchell.  We have several sophomores who can play and help out as well as a nucleus of juniors and seniors who have played together since 3rd grade peewee.  Coaches Mark and Bo Ward took these kids all over south Arkansas and they won most of the time.  They may not win every game, but they expect to win every game.  That's their mindset.  These Hornets have a history and they've been through a lot of games together.  The football coaching staff at CHG is very good and have set high expectations as well.  CHG is getting a new football field this year and I'm expecting an exciting year.  Hope ALL kids, both Hornets and opponents, have a safe season and show good sportsmanship.  CHG Hornet

I don't know what grade the Garcia kid (I think that's his last name) is in, but he can flat out fly. He has the speed to score every time he touches the football! Saw him on special teams last year and he has to be one of the fastest skilled players in the state.

HG Hornet

You are correct, Sir.  There are two Garcia cousins playing for CHG.  Both of their dad's played for CHG back in the 90's and were very good athletes themselves.  One of those dad's is an assistant coach there now.  They have a cousin, last name Bearden, who is also playing.  Talented family, good athletes, good people. 

HG Hornet

August 22, 2016, 09:48:29 pm #14 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:57:05 pm by CHG Hornet
Just got home from a tough and mean scrimmage at Junction City.  I thought CHG had some nice plays on offense and defense against a very big Dragons team.  The Hornets did not get steamrolled, that's for sure.  I'm thinking they're gonna be pretty scrappy.

Saw some Bears and Bulldogs lurking around the sidelines too, scoping things out. 

Delta_Bravo

I'm glad this game wasn't on the pick'em I think it could go either way. I'll go with CHG 28-22

Delta_Bravo

I called it... good game HG

HG Hornet

Thanks for the props.  You'll never get me to make bold predictions or talk smack (no pun intended) because I just don't go for that, BUT my Hornets played a stellar defensive game tonight.  Should have been a shutout, if not for a lateral fumble returned for a Buckaroo score.  Offense sputtered some early, but got their feet on the gas and scored 27 second half points.  We've got some super sophomores who made big plays tonight.  Lots of penalties on both sides of the ball.  Gotta clean it up, but enjoy this one.  It's been a long time since CHG beat Smackover.  CHG Hornet

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas