• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HAMPTON FOOTBALL

Started by baseball13, July 22, 2016, 12:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What place will Hampton come in?

1st
7 (24.1%)
2nd
5 (17.2%)
3rd
9 (31%)
4th
3 (10.3%)
5th
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 06:19:18 pm

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 20, 2016, 12:01:04 pm
Chester Smith, per Leland Barclay on twitter.

Generational poverty unlike many - if any - places in Arkansas in that part of Phillips County.  Marvell, Elaine, Snow Lake.  No parental support.  Huge drug problem with meth becoming a bigger and bigger issue.  Marvell and Elaine are both heavily segregated.  Whites attend DeSoto School or Marvell Academy.  Have a friend who works for DHS, said the living conditions of many youth in the Elaine/Snow Lake area is absolutely heartbreaking.

The district needs to be shut down, constantly in academic trouble.  Unfortunately, where do you send kids from that large an area to?  Really sad, tough situation.

Sad it is 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 20, 2016, 11:50:08 am
I picture Marvell as a run down depressing place to live...is that the caae?

Very much so.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 20, 2016, 09:15:56 am
the fact that Marvell, has been so bad for so long, yet fields a team is amazing to me...

Last time Norphlet actually had a team. They started with 13. Two got hurt and they still played with the 11 kids they had left.

purpleswag

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 20, 2016, 12:01:04 pm
Chester Smith, per Leland Barclay on twitter.

Generational poverty unlike many - if any - places in Arkansas in that part of Phillips County.  Marvell, Elaine, Snow Lake.  No parental support.  Huge drug problem with meth becoming a bigger and bigger issue.  Marvell and Elaine are both heavily segregated.  Whites attend DeSoto School or Marvell Academy.  Have a friend who works for DHS, said the living conditions of many youth in the Elaine/Snow Lake area is absolutely heartbreaking.

The district needs to be shut down, constantly in academic trouble.  Unfortunately, where do you send kids from that large an area to?  Really sad, tough situation.

They would send them to Barton and It would go down the toilet

BigLion10

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: purpleswag on August 20, 2016, 02:35:07 pm
They would send them to Barton and It would go down the toilet

Barton already has in terms of behavior, etc.  Some of the same troubles that Marvell faces have finally started moving east in force...

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 20, 2016, 02:45:00 pm
Send em to Helena

Could. Doubt they'd willing take in 350 kids who've been running amok for years.  In Helena's case, they have improved their district significantly recently - in academic performance, facilities and support.  Barton would make more sense location-wise.

KIPP Delta is taking the stronger students from Marvell, as well.  Between whites going to MA and DeSoto and the college bound students going to KIPP (or Barton) - pickings are slim at Marvell.

NWA Hawg

On another note, what's going on with the Hampton basketball coach? Heard from my friends in the Camden area that the local newspaper had an article where he was being charged with conspiracy and fraud in connection to a fake will that was made up when a young man was killed in a car accident a year ago. Any of you Hampton people heard anything about this?

minerjack

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 20, 2016, 03:16:19 pm
Barton already has in terms of behavior, etc.  Some of the same troubles that Marvell faces have finally started moving east in force...

Could. Doubt they'd willing take in 350 kids who've been running amok for years.  In Helena's case, they have improved their district significantly recently - in academic performance, facilities and support.  Barton would make more sense location-wise.

KIPP Delta is taking the stronger students from Marvell, as well.  Between whites going to MA and DeSoto and the college bound students going to KIPP (or Barton) - pickings are slim at Marvell.
Ive noticed you know a lot about demographics, school numbers, and why some schools would or should take another school. And not just in South Arkansas. But in Barton, where a former state department official took the job as the Supt. of Barton.

Did you used to work for the State Department?

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: minerjack2212 on August 20, 2016, 05:09:51 pm
Ive noticed you know a lot about demographics, school numbers, and why some schools would or should take another school. And not just in South Arkansas. But in Barton, where a former state department official took the job as the Supt. of Barton.

I wish - they get paid pretty well to do very little. 

Its my understanding that Barton does get a number of students from Elaine through school choice that would otherwise be in Marvell's district, as well, and that those are usually the more active/better students.  Am I incorrect in those thoughts?

Cheek

Quote from: minerjack2212 on August 20, 2016, 05:09:51 pm

Did he get the Sup. job this year?

minerjack

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 20, 2016, 07:08:50 pm
I wish - they get paid pretty well to do very little. 
It's funny you say that. Hermitage's Supe is a former employee of the state department. Seems like she's really trying to earn her dollar now.  Even getting her hands a little dirty.

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 20, 2016, 07:08:50 pm
Its my understanding that Barton does get a number of students from Elaine through school choice that would otherwise be in Marvell's district, as well, and that those are usually the more active/better students.  Am I incorrect in those thoughts?
Active?  No. Better?  Definitely not. There is definitely a few good athletes. But they're every bit of what you'd expect someone from Marvell or Elaine to be like. I think them and the sports programs at Barton have parted ways.

minerjack

Quote from: Cheek on August 20, 2016, 08:17:51 pm
Did he get the Sup. job this year?
Last year was his first year.

AirWarren

Quote from: minerjack2212 on August 20, 2016, 08:22:47 pm
It's funny you say that. Hermitage's Supe is a former employee of the state department. Seems like she's really trying to earn her dollar now.  Even getting her hands a little dirty.

Active?  No. Better?  Definitely not. There is definitely a few good athletes. But they're every bit of what you'd expect someone from Marvell or Elaine to be like. I think them and the sports programs at Barton have parted ways.

Oh is she? Hmm.

Funny she is stirring the mud like she is. She will do her due diligence and bolt hermitage just like the rest of them leave there.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 20, 2016, 10:23:08 am
Makes me sad to see programs have 0 support....even in 2007 when hector got the skulls beat in every single game(9 mercy rule losses .  and one that should have been), the fans still came out to support them, even on the road...
man that is sad, my daughter was a cheerleader all through Jr and Senior High I went to all the football and basketball games home and away, and I still go to most of the games ten years later

bleudog

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 20, 2016, 12:54:58 pm
Last time Norphlet actually had a team. They started with 13. Two got hurt and they still played with the 11 kids they had left.

Norphlet had long been accustomed to low numbers

Delta_Bravo

I think we need to restart the poll on this page.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on September 15, 2016, 10:57:41 pm
I think we need to restart the poll on this page.

come on hampton support your team

dawgpound

bobthebuilder

sooo...Hegler over or under 150 yards tonight?

dawgpound

I'm gonna go under but not by much

bigworm

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bigworm on September 16, 2016, 11:44:14 am
bump

Big Worm we appreciate the bumps for the Hampton faithful.....here I was thinking we would go a whole day without hearing from them

Delta_Bravo

How about them Bulldogs!!!

dawgpound

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hmfsgGGPpLU
Here is a link for the Hampton ball game it will be audio only tonight

bearbacker52

Quote from: dawgpound on September 16, 2016, 08:37:18 am
Y'all know where I stand

has the band wagon started to fill up yet?

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bearbacker52 on September 16, 2016, 04:49:28 pm
has the band wagon started to fill up yet?
If they give me a Hampton shirt like they said I'll be on their bandwagon.....I could wear it next week at CHG

sickwillie

Quote from: Dr. Defense on September 16, 2016, 04:51:08 pm
If they give me a Hampton shirt like they said I'll be on their bandwagon.....I could wear it next week at CHG

When you want it doc?

bobthebuilder

Quote from: Dr. Defense on September 16, 2016, 04:51:08 pm
I made that statement Doc, and I'll stand behind it.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: sickwillie on September 16, 2016, 04:58:01 pm
When you want it doc?

Yall can have one for me when I show up to watch next week

Delta_Bravo

Next week PC will come to Hampton. The following week we go to CHG

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on September 16, 2016, 05:07:13 pm
Next week PC will come to Hampton. The following week we go to CHG

Ah ok I have my weeks mixed up....well I will be at the PC game then

dawgpound

Good win tonight BULLDAWGS

Old Scrapper

Ok I'm bought in on Hampton now!

dawgpound

sickwillie

Just read on the internet Monta has been offere by OBU and Henderson. Good for him

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: sickwillie on October 28, 2016, 01:11:27 pm
Just read on the internet Monta has been offere by OBU and Henderson. Good for him

That's cool. There is 2 freshman from des aarc at OBU

AA Insider

Pick_DA_EAGLES

flawlessthoughts

Plenty more offers on the way.

dawgpound

All those came in within 5 minutes of each other

Waterboy94

Has Hampton ever won a title? Seems like I can remember them fielding some stout teams either in the 90s or early 2ks

dawgpound

No got put out 3rd round couple times got screwed at Harding academy had two tds called back shoulda won it all that year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on October 28, 2016, 04:44:27 pm
No got put out 3rd round couple times got screwed at Harding academy had two tds called back shoulda won it all that year

Got put out by Augusta once as well.

dawgpound

Yea that was at Hampton in 01 I believe that was coach Ables jr year

baseball13

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 05, 2016, 01:19:40 pm
Ding-a-ling, he's talking about you might meet des arc in the playoffs, but you won't beat us.

The rubber will hit the road Friday night.

Billie Blue

I didn't want to start a new topic so I went to a old one related to this subject It may have been all ready posted somewhere but has Monta Thomas signed with a school or what are his plans since graduation a lot of talent needs to be used somewhere

AirWarren

Quote from: Billie Blue on May 21, 2017, 03:42:43 pm
I didn't want to start a new topic so I went to a old one related to this subject It may have been all ready posted somewhere but has Monta Thomas signed with a school or what are his plans since graduation a lot of talent needs to be used somewhere

Northwest community college Rangers
http://nwccrangers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1739

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: AirWarren on May 21, 2017, 04:20:38 pm
Northwest community college Rangers
http://nwccrangers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1739

I think ULM picked up one of their JUCO's in January.  6'7 340# tackle from Monroe , Nevell High. Thomas will be tested there.

AirWarren

It appears to be a pretty good JUCO.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas