• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong Head Job

Started by JackofallTrades, June 07, 2016, 10:52:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackofallTrades

Any words on if any names applied for the job..Is this a great job or is it a dying job?

Ventman

How many kids are in this district?

Rob Van Winkle

I just had to read this because of the title...............  :o

Ventman

Quote from: unbiased_fan on June 07, 2016, 02:19:42 pm
I've heard the school may be gone in the next few years between the financial and academic distress
Sad to see these small schools in distress.

bleudog

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on June 07, 2016, 05:01:08 pm
ICE ICE BABY!  LOL I see what you did here!!

Jimbo Morphis

I spit diet coke when I saw it.

beach bum

;D  ;D  ;D hahaha

Cheek

Will Dayton get this HC position? 

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Cheek on June 09, 2016, 06:52:41 am
Will Dayton get this HC position? 

They hired someone else.   Not sure who.   Disappointed.

mtindian42

Dayton! Dayton! Dayton! Hire the man allready...

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: mtindian42 on June 09, 2016, 05:07:00 pm
Dayton! Dayton! Dayton! Hire the man allready...

Not completely unexpected.     Every school wants someone who has been a head football coach already.

mtindian42

Yeah schools seem to want that home run hire. Frank McClellan or David carpenter

But even those guys had to start somewhere...

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: mtindian42 on June 10, 2016, 04:37:19 am
Yeah schools seem to want that home run hire. Frank McClellan or David carpenter

But even those guys had to start somewhere...

As I've pointed out,  hiring an experienced head football coach serves to insulate the superintendent and school board from criticism.

If a new head coach with no previous head coaching experience proves to be a failure the constant criticism is  "why didn't you hire someone with more experience?"

If a head coach had been a head coach previously and proves to be a failure NO ONE says "why didn't you hire someone with less experience".

And the facts are that previous head coaching experience in no way gives a coach a statistically increased likelihood of succeeding.

WPWells

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 10, 2016, 07:39:51 am
As I've pointed out,  hiring an experienced head football coach serves to insulate the superintendent and school board from criticism.

If a new head coach with no previous head coaching experience proves to be a failure the constant criticism is  "why didn't you hire someone with more experience?"

If a head coach had been a head coach previously and proves to be a failure NO ONE says "why didn't you hire someone with less experience".

And the facts are that previous head coaching experience in no way gives a coach a statistically increased likelihood of succeeding.

Misrepresenting statistics to prove a point. I like it.

purpleswag

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 10, 2016, 07:39:51 am

Where can I find this research you speak of?????

Dayton Kitchens

June 10, 2016, 10:18:11 am #16 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:34:33 am by Dayton Kitchens
It isn't hard to do your own research.

Take 10 head football coaches who were hired who had previous head football coaching experience (easy to find in Arkansas),   take 10 head football coaches who were hired who had no previous head football coaching experience.

Compare their overall win/loss records after five years.   Five years is a pretty good number.   Long enough to matter without being so long as to bog down  your research.

You will find that they are not significantly different.

I can give solid examples to get you started.   Shane Davis at Strong and Waldron.    Scott Waymire at Carlisle and Trumann.

Rob Van Winkle

I still can't get over the title.......... Makes my day every time I read it!!!  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on June 10, 2016, 11:40:01 am
I still can't get over the title.......... Makes my day every time I read it!!!  ;D
so who got the strong head job?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: unbiased_fan on June 14, 2016, 04:59:28 pm
Heard it's Anthony from El Dorado

Anyone who get's the strong head job is lucky...........

Jimbo Morphis

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on June 14, 2016, 10:49:12 am
so who got the strong head job?

I did at one point in my life..

sevenof400

..and the name of the OP.  :o

sevenof400

Why am I thinking there should be a proximity warning when these two threads are together?

WPWells

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 25, 2016, 10:24:06 am
Why am I thinking there should be a proximity warning when these two threads are together?

Never mind got it

sevenof400

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 25, 2016, 03:13:51 pm
Never mind got it

The synapses operating at summer efficiency there Fred?

ricericebaby

JohnBarleycorn

Love the title.

Someone posted on Coaching thread that Greg Anthony is new HC.

bleudog

Made

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 10, 2016, 10:18:11 am
It isn't hard to do your own research.

Take 10 head football coaches who were hired who had previous head football coaching experience (easy to find in Arkansas),   take 10 head football coaches who were hired who had no previous head football coaching experience.

Compare their overall win/loss records after five years.   Five years is a pretty good number.   Long enough to matter without being so long as to bog down  your research.

You will find that they are not significantly different.

I can give solid examples to get you started.   Shane Davis at Strong and Waldron.    Scott Waymire at Carlisle and Trumann.
I'm curious as to how you are making a comparison here....are we comparing just the coaches record....or what the school has done? Truman has won more games in past 3 years with waymire than they did the 3 years prior to his arrival...I'm trying to find the logic, while I agree to an extent that head coaching experience may not have an effect on outcome there is no way to prove it.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Made on July 12, 2016, 01:02:30 pm
I'm curious as to how you are making a comparison here....are we comparing just the coaches record....or what the school has done? Truman has won more games in past 3 years with waymire than they did the 3 years prior to his arrival...I'm trying to find the logic, while I agree to an extent that head coaching experience may not have an effect on outcome there is no way to prove it.

The Davis and Waymire mentions were just off hand examples I used to as a way of starting a discussion.

There are many factors to consider,   but I believe my point is valid.    Head coaching experience or the lack thereof is not a reliable indicator of future program success or failure.

lesanthony04

Strong's new head coach is Greg Anthony from El Dorado

bearbacker52

Good friend of mine he will do great there, Strong lucky to have him.

Rob Van Winkle

Just had to get it back on top because of the title....... Childish yes, but it makes me laugh out loud

Have a great day

sevenof400

A classic is always a classic....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas