• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North at Dover

Started by 1-Adam-12, April 30, 2017, 04:59:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

1st round games:

Pea Ridge vs. Ozark
Dardanelle vs. Lincoln
Pottsville vs. Prairie Grove
Gravette vs. Booneville

Your thoughts?

3 Dollar

4-4A should dominate.

By dominate I mean win all the first round games.  The only one I would be concerned with might be Gravette.  However, Pea Ridge is no walk in the park!

Rugman15

I see Pea Ridge and Gravette moving on.  Both of those teams played one of the best games of the season in the 4A-1 District Championship.  Both have outstanding pitchers.  I think this will be the most fun regional to watch though!  Lots of talented teams across the board!

1-Adam-12

This tournament is well-stocked with fine pitchers.  I've seen first-hand the ones from the 4-4A, and have heard a lot about the Kildow girl from Gravette.    I think it will be very entertaining. Defense behind the pitchers could go a long way toward deciding each game.

Rugman15

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 01, 2017, 09:16:04 pm
This tournament is well-stocked with fine pitchers.  I've seen first-hand the ones from the 4-4A, and have heard a lot about the Kildow girl from Gravette.    I think it will be very entertaining. Defense behind the pitchers could go a long way toward deciding each game.

I think with all of the great pitching and defense, it will come down to who gets those bats hot at the right time! 

1-Adam-12

Everything pushed back a day.  Oh well.  Another day for everyone to prepare!

Rugman15

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 03, 2017, 05:20:43 pm
Everything pushed back a day.  Oh well.  Another day for everyone to prepare!

True.  Guess some kids will be happy if they make it to the championship since game would be on MONDAY...

Cobra00

Pottsville 10
Prairie Grove 0
5 innings

Cobra00

Pea Ridge 8
Ozark 2

Lincoln 11
Dardanelle 10
I lost count how many extra innings

Gravette 4
Booneville 1

3 Dollar

WOW!

Total shocker here!

Congratulations 1-4A!  But, now to try and down Pottsville?

1-Adam-12

May 06, 2017, 04:06:19 pm #10 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:12:50 pm by 1-Adam-12
Gravette-Booneville came down exactly as I thought.  Both pitchers did well; all the runs were unearned.  Bottom line, Gravette's fielding was better than Booneville's.  On another day, the reverse might have been true and the result different, but in this spot you have one chance and Gravette took it.

Booneville, to me, exceeded expectations this season.  Our freshmen grew up fast; our pitcher and catcher were the backbone of the team and our RF came up clutch time and again this year.

Those last three were our three seniors.  The rest come back, and the girls who will be next year's freshmen are very talented.  These next four years should be fun.

Good luck to all that remain.  For the most part, I'm going to take a hiatus though I'll chip in every now and again.  See y'all on the volleyball board in August.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 06, 2017, 08:45:57 am
WOW!

Total shocker here!

Congratulations 1-4A!  But, now to try and down Pottsville?

Gravette did! 1-0.  Gravette/Pea Ridge in the finals.

Oeo

Quote from: 3 Dollar on April 30, 2017, 08:55:48 pm
4-4A should dominate.

By dominate I mean win all the first round games.  The only one I would be concerned with might be Gravette.  However, Pea Ridge is no walk in the park!

Would you like that big helping of Crow barbecued or cooked on an open fire?

3 Dollar

No crow here!

I'd seen almost every team in this regional play at some point this season, and in my opinion the 4-4A was day-in & day-out all around better teams.  The only teams I had not seen play this year were Booneville, Gravette, and Prairie Grove.  This is however why we play the games.  Again congratulations to the 3 1-4A teams going to state.

Ozark Hog

We shall see who is in it at the end, that is what matters now. these games was just the warm up!

Wendell Robinson

Round 4 of Gravette/Pea Ridge should be another good one. To recap the previous 3:

Pea Ridge 8 Gravette 4: on a day where most games across the state were canceled, the Lady Blackhawks and Lady Lions squared off in Sub freezing temps, with a howling south wind. The score was tied at 2 until late in the game when Pea Ridge took advantage of an error. There was also a controversial call when the umpires reversed an out call, discussing it for nearly 10 minutes while Gravette stood in the field. It enabled the inning to keep going with only 1 out instead of 2 and Pea Ridge would score 3 more runs to put the game out of reach.

Gravette 5 Pea Ridge 2: the only game between them I didn't see. Pea Ridge scored 2 runs in the first before Gravette scored 5 unanswered the rest of the way to split the season series.

Pea Ridge 1 Gravette 0: the district championship game was a dandy. The pitchers controlled from the start. Pea Ridge's run was unearned on the only error of the game. The Blackhawk SS made a heck of a diving play on a sharply hit ball to her right and got the out call at first after firing a missile from her knees. The tying run was at 3rd on the play and it ended the inning and preserved the win for the Lady Blackhawks.

Gravette plays 1 Senior at DP and a Jr at 3rd. The rest are all Freshmen or Sophs. Pea Ridge has more experience and they adjust well at the plate. Should be a heck of a final.

Wendell Robinson

Gravette beats Pea Ridge 3-1.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas