• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

where are the power posters from the past?

Started by The_Preacher, September 13, 2007, 08:17:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: EddiesMustache on September 21, 2007, 01:24:19 pm
Quote from: GlennMParrish on September 21, 2007, 12:23:19 pm
I refuse to read 4 pages of posts so this may have been said and if so, it was a wasted post, but more and more schools are limiting access to the board through filters so that may have cut out some of the more zealous kids and school employees.

Now that the kids are off the board, can I start posting some of my nudes?
Just the thought of a nude picture of you is offensive enough.

hoghigh

Guetz
Some left because it was friends that started the boards and they stick with each other.  Lots left because they felt that others here would not respect their opinions whether it was right or wrong.  To be honest, I like FF the way it is now.  It is a more civilized site.  We are not bombarded by post on every thread that team so and so can beat both of these teams, from the 2A board all the way to the 7A board.  Give it time, most will be back and they will be a little humbler for their adventure.

Billy Bob

The reason I am not over here as much is because I am a moderator on FFLite.com I respect FF and come over as much as possible to see what people are saying about the teams I support. Both boards are great boards, and have some good people on them.

I don't see a problem with posting on both sites, if people think it is wrong and unloyal...then they have a problem.

EddiesMustache

Quote from: sam on September 21, 2007, 01:43:17 pm
Rudy, after seeing that picture of you and your girl what are you doing on them internets anyway?
She's sexier than socks on a rooster and I mean that in the most respectful way possible. 

No kidding.  She's hotter than a goat's arse in a pepper patch

Guetz

Thank you, Quite Frankly and HogHigh, those were excellent responses to the question that I posed.  Too bad I had to pose it multiple times before getting such quality responses (the "nonya" response I got from one poster definitely wouldn't qualify).

Really, to me, with tabbed browsing, it doesn't make that much difference since I can have all three boards up in the same window as is the case right now.  What does make a difference, though, are the interactions. 

Quite Frankly, I hope you are right and some of the power posters that were fun to read find their way back here.  We'll see.

:)

Billy Bob

haha...thanks guys. But, uh, I'm not with her anymore. She's free...so here's your chance. haha, not that this is the place to talk about bf/gf stuff. I just thought you guys should know!

EddiesMustache

Quote from: Rudy on September 21, 2007, 01:50:14 pm
haha...thanks guys. But, uh, I'm not with her anymore. She's free...so here's your chance. haha, not that this is the place to talk about bf/gf stuff. I just thought you guys should know!

Sorry to hear that Rudy.  Was it because of her relationship with sam...nevermind, don't answer.

Billy Bob

I know sam has an effect on women. I don't know if it is a good one or a bad one. That could've been it though.

jackfan1™

Quote from: Guetz on September 21, 2007, 01:05:48 pm
Quote from: jackfan1 on September 21, 2007, 12:54:23 pm
Trot on over there and ask them.
It is not up to us to second guess anyone's motives or reasons.

[sarcasm=dripping]

Now there is a customer service attitude that inspires loyalty!

[/sarcasm]

::)

I don't recall applying for the Fearless Friday Customer Service job....so what's your point? Or are you just getting "sensitive" again? ;)

You see, the basic difference in us is that I don't spend my time worrying about why certain people do certain things.
I don't worry why someone's panties get bunched and they decide to leave and start a new colony elsewhere.
I don't worry when someone gets banned or reprimanded or whatever if my own nose is clean.
I don't worry about who posts what where as long as the door here stays open for me.
I don't worry about if the admins and mods of this board are doing their job without my input, criticism, or advice.
I don't worry if other people worry about me.

If I worried about all that, I wouldn't have time to pick my toes, pluck my eyebrows, read the daily comics, and run through the house singing opera once or five times a day.
THOSE are things that are important to me....not the above mentioned goodies. ::)

Now, if you feel I have not treated you with proper and pious customer service and a loyal attitude.................um, whatever.

Oh, and it's NUNYA'. Just to clarify.

Sweet

Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 21, 2007, 01:25:12 pm
Geutz do you really want the trio of us chatting with you to ask a question as to how someone else really thinks?

here is a replay of the spring:

1)  Some posters get mad
2)  Some Mods react
3)  Some posters get more mad
4)  Some Mods get involved
5)  Some posters draw a line in the sand and don't back down
6)  Mods hold the line
7)  Some posters break to form new board to do things their way

Note:  Many of those that leave are posters that prev didn't really get along with each other but shared common concerns and decided to try their own.

8)  An intial riff started between the boards and some serious back and forth  on each board developed.  As a result each board banned members that were involved.  That included me that went over to the other board to give Preacher the what for because at the time I could not do it here becuase he was still a Mod an highly unreasonable.  But over there, I was free.  It got me banned by Buffinator.

9)  Things settled down and a working relationship was formed.  People were reinstated that got banned in the mess that was.

10)  Things calmed down and each went about their merry way

11)  Ocassionally, some of the things that got some of people in trouble on FF started to rear their head again with some of the migrated posters.  Knowing they had a "fall back" site, a few basically just stirred it up until they got what they wanted....Banned.  But that was only a few.

12)  Football is now started.  FF is the place to be.  There is an alternative, but it has a much lower interest to many as evidenced by their traffic.

The End

that'll be $12.95 in hard copy
or just $4.95 in paperback that will available on Nov 13th at Wal-Mart.

I understand you missing some things.  But human nature is what it is.  This is still the best by far.

A lot of changes over there. Stop by and check it out.

Sensitive

You wouldn't be pimping your website on FF would you? 

Bluetick54

I'm curious to know why is us against them and them against us?  There's good info on both and plenty of room without all this drama.  So what is the real story here??

Sweet

Quote from: No Longer Sensitive on September 22, 2007, 05:44:45 pm
You wouldn't be pimping your website on FF would you? 

Actually no. I was told about the thread and decided to come read it. Found it to be full of old information.

Sweet

Quote from: Bluetick54 on September 22, 2007, 06:09:13 pm
I'm curious to know why is us against them and them against us?  There's good info on both and plenty of room without all this drama.  So what is the real story here??

We can. At least as much as any two competotirs can.

Does our board have its faults? Yes. Do this board have its faults? Absolutely. Will we catch you in this season? No way. Eventually? Yes. Will we drive hSv to the point of pulling the plug because there is no traffic here? Not likely. You guys have a 6 year, 20K member jump. When this board was created there was nothing of it kind in the state, everyone came here. We now offer something a touch different. We have a long hard battle ahead but we are ready and are in it for the long haul.

Some of the informtion posted earlier in this thread is now old information. Some is still true. We did have a point of where the "game" threads out paced the football threads. No loner true. We do have about a 60 member max online. That number is increasing almost daily. Some mistakes were made there in the beginning but they have corrected (most of them anyway) under new ownership. Things are looked at in a way now.

There are people who have posted in this thread who never talk about football. There are people who have posted in this tread who used to surf our site daily until they were outed about it. To think that every poster has to be a high school football guru is a bit niave. To rag on non-footaball posters is wrong. There are posters at our site who used to be big dogs here and refuse to come back. Some have left here, didnt find us to their liking and came back or gave up on message boards entirely.

There are some small things that have changed for the better here because of us. There are somethings that have changed there because of this site. Both for the betterment of both sites.

Scrapper Slapper

Would someone explain why both are needed?  Wouldn't one place with everyone together be better?

Scrapper Slapper

Quote from: Super Scrapper on September 22, 2007, 08:44:47 pm
Sweet/Sugardaddy you have not answered my questions...Why not??  SS   ::)

Wait!  If Super Scrapper isn't allowed on the other site then that answers my question.

Scrapper Slapper

Quote from: Super Scrapper on September 22, 2007, 09:30:29 pm
Quote from: Moron Detector on September 22, 2007, 09:21:32 pm
Quote from: Super Scrapper on September 22, 2007, 08:44:47 pm
Sweet/Sugardaddy you have not answered my questions...Why not??  SS   ::)

Wait!  If Super Scrapper isn't allowed on the other site then that answers my question.

You are not a Moron Detector, more of an idiot...There is room for many boards on the web..saying why not just one shows how dumb you really are!!  If everyone was on the original, then this one would not exist.  Besides I like having mine too... SS ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think you should concentrate on your board.  I visited it the other day.  I was lonesome!

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Sweet on September 22, 2007, 05:27:09 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 21, 2007, 01:25:12 pm
Geutz do you really want the trio of us chatting with you to ask a question as to how someone else really thinks?

here is a replay of the spring:

1)  Some posters get mad
2)  Some Mods react
3)  Some posters get more mad
4)  Some Mods get involved
5)  Some posters draw a line in the sand and don't back down
6)  Mods hold the line
7)  Some posters break to form new board to do things their way

Note:  Many of those that leave are posters that prev didn't really get along with each other but shared common concerns and decided to try their own.

8)  An intial riff started between the boards and some serious back and forth  on each board developed.  As a result each board banned members that were involved.  That included me that went over to the other board to give Preacher the what for because at the time I could not do it here becuase he was still a Mod an highly unreasonable.  But over there, I was free.  It got me banned by Buffinator.

9)  Things settled down and a working relationship was formed.  People were reinstated that got banned in the mess that was.

10)  Things calmed down and each went about their merry way

11)  Ocassionally, some of the things that got some of people in trouble on FF started to rear their head again with some of the migrated posters.  Knowing they had a "fall back" site, a few basically just stirred it up until they got what they wanted....Banned.  But that was only a few.

12)  Football is now started.  FF is the place to be.  There is an alternative, but it has a much lower interest to many as evidenced by their traffic.

The End

that'll be $12.95 in hard copy
or just $4.95 in paperback that will available on Nov 13th at Wal-Mart.

I understand you missing some things.  But human nature is what it is.  This is still the best by far.

A lot of changes over there. Stop by and check it out.

Pass.  You have some people among that 60 that I simply can't stand.  For me it just has zero appeal.

Guetz

Quote from: jackfan1 on September 21, 2007, 01:59:53 pm
Quote from: Guetz on September 21, 2007, 01:05:48 pm
Quote from: jackfan1 on September 21, 2007, 12:54:23 pm
Trot on over there and ask them.
It is not up to us to second guess anyone's motives or reasons.

[sarcasm=dripping]

Now there is a customer service attitude that inspires loyalty!

[/sarcasm]

I don't recall applying for the Fearless Friday Customer Service job....so what's your point? Or are you just getting "sensitive" again? ;)

You see, the basic difference in us is that I don't spend my time worrying about why certain people do certain things.
I don't worry why someone's panties get bunched and they decide to leave and start a new colony elsewhere.
I don't worry when someone gets banned or reprimanded or whatever if my own nose is clean.
I don't worry about who posts what where as long as the door here stays open for me.
I don't worry about if the admins and mods of this board are doing their job without my input, criticism, or advice.
I don't worry if other people worry about me.

If I worried about all that, I wouldn't have time to pick my toes, pluck my eyebrows, read the daily comics, and run through the house singing opera once or five times a day.
THOSE are things that are important to me....not the above mentioned goodies. ::)

Now, if you feel I have not treated you with proper and pious customer service and a loyal attitude.................um, whatever.

Oh, and it's NUNYA'. Just to clarify.

JackFan1, you're a regular Alfred E. Neuman!   LOL   ;D

Or is this a better description?  Peace Out!  LOL   ;)

---------------------------

Quote from: jackfan1 on September 21, 2007, 01:59:53 pmI don't spend my time worrying about why certain people do certain things.

BTW.... That is not what I heard. 
Now where is that durn glow?!  ROFL

;D

jackfan1™

You're too cute for words, guetz. You really do seem to just like stirring stink up. Why is that?    ???

As for the glow, that was a teeny miniscule part of the initial broohaha and of the "I'm taking my marbles and going home!"
It is also one reason I did not make the hysterical migration. We see how THAT one turned out, don't we? Oh well....grass is greener and all that. It's usually greener 'cause it's over the septic tank. I tried to tell some folks....but did they listen? No...and I am the one they turned on and talked about. False friends are a true waste of my time. I found the PM's and suppositions and rumors and gossip slightly amusing and yet, pretty sad. The people who left here because of it were the ones doing it.  ::)

What I do find most amusing it the use of the word "outed" in the plant's post and the fact that SOME people have such an inflated ego, they feel like folks "sneak around" to spy on them. The last time I checked, free boards offered free viewing. Why admins bother checking a member's stats and then reporting/discussing their activity with others is beyond me. I kind of think that is weird and rather pathetic. Is that all they have to occupy their time?
It is so junior high-ish and silly. And what a giddy power trip to be able to "see all-report all"! Wow!  ::)
WHO CARES? If I choose to wander over and read a few posts here or there or hogville or Hootens or wheretheheckever, why does anyone think it means more than that? Why do you care?    ??? And sorry, I do not try to hide what I do or not do....ya' just ain't that important to me.
I say, get over yourself. We all did a long time ago. Jeez...all this "he said/she said/my place/your place....ninny ninny boo boo"! Grow up!

Now, G., if you are done with the inquisition and cartoons, I am going to move on.  I am tired of all the "note passing" and whispering and the 7th grade "if you like them, you can't like me". Live and let live and to each his own. 8)

Guetz

Quote from: jackfan1 on September 23, 2007, 07:47:46 am
You're too cute for words, guetz. You really do seem to just like stirring stink up. Why is that?    ???

Why thank you for the compliment, JackFan1!  :)  As for stirring up stink, from my perspective it has seemed more like taking the cover-up off.  Seemed a deletable offense to wonder what had been going on to change the personality of FF and spinning off competing sites.  When innocently asked questions are met not with frank answers but instead with thread deletion (twice) and obfuscating non-answers (NUNYA, for instance), it does appear as if some folks are trying to keep something hidden, like it or not.  Face it, my persistent questioning of what happened made you and a couple of others uncomfortable.  You have to ask yourself, "Why is that?"

As for the glow, that was a teeny miniscule part of the initial broohaha and of the "I'm taking my marbles and going home!"
It is also one reason I did not make the hysterical migration. We see how THAT one turned out, don't we? Oh well....grass is greener and all that. It's usually greener 'cause it's over the septic tank. I tried to tell some folks....but did they listen? No...and I am the one they turned on and talked about. False friends are a true waste of my time. I found the PM's and suppositions and rumors and gossip slightly amusing and yet, pretty sad. The people who left here because of it were the ones doing it.  ::)

Sounds like you have some bruised nerves, JackFan1.  Head On, apply directly to the forehead.  Head On, apply directly to the forehead.  Head On, apply directly to the forehead.

What I do find most amusing it the use of the word "outed" in the plant's post and the fact that SOME people have such an inflated ego, they feel like folks "sneak around" to spy on them. The last time I checked, free boards offered free viewing. Why admins bother checking a member's stats and then reporting/discussing their activity with others is beyond me. I kind of think that is weird and rather pathetic. Is that all they have to occupy their time?
It is so junior high-ish and silly. And what a giddy power trip to be able to "see all-report all"! Wow!  ::)
WHO CARES? If I choose to wander over and read a few posts here or there or hogville or Hootens or wheretheheckever, why does anyone think it means more than that? Why do you care?    ??? And sorry, I do not try to hide what I do or not do....ya' just ain't that important to me.
I say, get over yourself. We all did a long time ago. Jeez...all this "he said/she said/my place/your place....ninny ninny boo boo"! Grow up!

Yeow, made my ears ring with the shrillness!  But, JackFan1, I do very much agree with one of your points, "It is so junior high-ish and silly."  That is my conclusion from the various inputs that I have had, along with two other thoughts;  there seems to be enough to place rightous blame on both sides of the issues and personalities and/or emotions seem to have driven a lot of the actions taken (again, both sides).  Perhaps with some mutually assured tolerance, some steps toward remediation could occur (but I ain't holding my breath).

Now, G., if you are done with the inquisition and cartoons, I am going to move on.  I am tired of all the "note passing" and whispering and the 7th grade "if you like them, you can't like me". Live and let live and to each his own. 8)

Yeah, I've got enough data (and two more bookmarks), but I always reserve the right to fire off the incisive word or two accompanied by relevant artistic renderings beyond my competence level to produce.  Oh... and you have been free to move on at any time you chose to, there's free board after all!

GO CATS GO

jackfan1™

Are you done yet?

Let it go.
You are beginning to get repetitious and wearisome.
If you want answers, try PM's to pertinent parties. So far, all you seem to have been doing is openly asking for personal opinions and gossip and rehash. Stirring.
I am guessing you have nothing better to occupy your time than dredge up old issues and try to reopen stuff that is history.

Over and done.....why aren't you?

Anyway, at least it didn't take you 2-3 days to think of a retort this time so maybe we can put this to rest today and not next week, next month.
If you want to know why mods do what they do, send them a personal PM. You stand a better chance of getting an answer.
If you want to know why certain posters are not posting here anymore, ask THEM. None of us have that personal knowledge and shouldn't.
If you want to know anything else, ask the person involved, not the whole board which probably has people reading it who have no clue what you are talking about anyway.

Not sure why this has been so hard for you to understand. ::)

SOME of us are trying to just move on and get along and co-exist as we did long before the "disruption". Hum? Maybe you just need some drama to liven up your life. Who knows?
Who cares?
Not me.

Guetz

^^^^ Do wha.....? ^^^^

Apparently you don't read for comprehension, JackFan1.  Otherwise you would have been able to determine that I'd had my curiousity satiated.  I'll remember to use smaller words and shorter sentences next time.  I overestimated.

LOL

GO CATS GO!!

jackfan1™

Quote from: Guetz on September 23, 2007, 02:28:07 pm
^^^^ Do wha.....? ^^^^

Apparently you don't read for comprehension, JackFan1.  Otherwise you would have been able to determine that I'd had my curiousity satiated.  I'll remember to use smaller words and shorter sentences next time.  I overestimated.

LOL

GO CATS GO!!

Don't forget spell check or a dictionary for your "big" words too.
"curiousity" = curiosity.

Quite Frankly

Guetz, you trying to prove something?  You haven't.

Strike that, but it's not what you were after.

No big secret here to unearth. 

Guetz

September 23, 2007, 03:02:36 pm #125 Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:05:54 pm by Guetz
 :D  Ahhhh... the rest of the triumverate speaks up at last!

Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 23, 2007, 02:42:49 pm
Guetz, you trying to prove something?  You haven't.

Strike that, but it's not what you were after.

No big secret here to unearth. 

Hmmmmm..... if that's the case, then when I asked a straight forward question about a week ago (maybe longer), why didn't I get a straight forward answer?

But no bother, I have heard enough drivel to recalibrate my impressions.  The banter is fun though  :)  !!  Seems them's that's answering are getting more wound about it than I ever was..... another thing to make me go "hmmmm...." and wonder why that is.   ???  Conscience perhaps?

GO CATS GO!!

Quite Frankly

WHy do you think that everyone reads everything that you write and therefore will answer your Q on a thread? 

Especially after being so pompous as you do it.

Asking a Q in the mid of a thread is not a way to address it.  I did it for you cause it was growing tiresome.  You could have answered your own Q if you'd been around.  Eddie tried a few times.  But you apparently think there are secret scabs that need picked.  But you are wrong. 

Nothing here to see or try to 'discover".  Everyone knows that but you.

It occurs to me that you somehow think this thread is about you.  It wasn't.   

jackfan1™

September 23, 2007, 03:16:48 pm #127 Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:20:33 pm by jackfan1
Quote from: Guetz on September 23, 2007, 03:02:36 pm

Hmmmmm..... if that's the case, then when I asked a straight forward question about a week ago (maybe longer), why didn't I get a straight forward answer?

But no bother, I have heard enough drivel to recalibrate my impressions.  The banter is fun though  :)  !!  Seems them's that's answering are getting more wound about it than I ever was..... another thing to make me go "hmmmm...." and wonder why that is.   ???  Conscience perhaps?

Just as I thought....meddling and stirring, nothing productive.
Take your morbid "CURIOSITY" else where.

It simply is not doing any good and you seem to have an unnatural interest in issues that do not concern you and are water under the bridge. Put whatever "spin" on that you choose.
The fact remains that what I told you at the beginning of your meddling holds true...it is none of your business and your trying to make it so just proves you are needing a drama fix.

Guetz

September 23, 2007, 05:47:59 pm #128 Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 05:52:18 pm by Guetz
Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 23, 2007, 03:12:57 pm
WHy do you think that everyone reads everything that you write and therefore will answer your Q on a thread?
Perhaps because when I read a post, I try to pay attention and read the whole thing and respond if there is a question to which I have an informed answer (or a bit of wit).  :)  Are you suggesting that you don't read whole posts or that you are not qualified to make responses?   ;)

Especially after being so pompous as you do it.

Pompous?  Pompous?  Oh!  It's the lexicon, stupid! <strikes forehead with hand using the international V8 gesture>  I guess that if somebody didn't take their HS vocabulary seriously it could seem a bit over their head when polysyllabic words are used in complex sentences.  Gosh darn, gotta keep reminding myself about that 8th grade average reading level!  Shucks, I'm sorry!     ::)    ;D

Asking a Q in the mid of a thread is not a way to address it.

<frantically flipping pages of the Universal On-Line Bulletin Board Book Of Etiquette>  Just can't seem to find it... you know.... that clause that says all questions relevant to a thread HAVE to be asked within the first page of that thread.  Where was that in the Book Of Etiquette, Quite Frankly?  Am I correct in guessing that in your prim-and-proper world of online dialogue, only those persons arriving first at a new thread have the privilege of responding to it and late comers just shut-up and read the words of their betters.  Is that correct?   :-\

I did it for you cause it was growing tiresome. 

If your brain is tiring that easily, I'd recommend one of those new Brain Age things advertised on TV.  For your convenience, here's your sign.. opps, sorry, I meant "site":  Brain Age:  Give your brain the workout it needs   ;)

You could have answered your own Q if you'd been around. 

Ahhhh.... how observant of you!  Alas, but I wasn't.  Am I to understand then that the NEW Fearless Friday is not receptive to previous posters returning in from the cold?  That it is now the Cloistered Club Of Fearless Friday, outsiders and previous members need not re-enter?   ???  Or if they do re-enter, definitely don't ask any questions about any of the changes that they notice since the last time they were about?   Shhhhhh..... it might make someone uneasy.   :o

Eddie tried a few times.  But you apparently think there are secret scabs that need picked.  But you are wrong.  Nothing here to see or try to 'discover". 

Secret scabs? ROFL, would that be like hidden blood clots?  Mystery emboli?   :D  LOL  How creative and alliterate.  Loved it!

What I have come to think of as THE Triumvirate did make a couple of "shush yo mouth, child" and "Nonya" passes at me early in my querying (a week or so ago).  Of course, having "morbid curiousity" and an "unnatural interest" (thank you, JackFan1, for those little literay morsels that allowed me to ROFLMAO), I wasn't satisfied being brushed off so easily (deleted, even) like I was in elementary school.  Of course, I was soooo naive a week ago, not realizing that the very nature of Fearless Friday had changed and that some questions were simply verboten.  I count myself lucky and  blessed to have been given the shards of information that I have received from THE Triumvirate.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  <kowtows to THE POWERS THAT BE in a most abject manner>   :-*

Everyone knows that but you.

OMG, EVERYONE????!!!!  All 17,262 members of the NEW Fearless Friday?  Really!!??  Wow, I have been out of the loop!   ;)

It occurs to me that you somehow think this thread is about you.  It wasn't.   

Not in the least!  I simply seem to be carrying the conversation at present on this thread.  Afterall, you are the one posing new questions, not me.  I ceased and desisted posts ago.... or hadn't you read them completely?  :)

Oh!  BTW, in case you hadn't noticed a couple of posts back, I pretty much informed you that I had all the information I needed.  Since then (careful now, I'm going to clue you in!) I have been having a jolly old time slicing and dicing the posts that didn't quite pick up on that fact.  Methinks that thou dost protest too loudly, Quite Frankly, for it appears that one of us here is having much more fun than the other on a lazy Sunday afternoon. ;D

Who's taking what too seriously now?  Clue:  take out your vanity mirror and study it deeply! 

GO CATS GO!!

Quite Frankly

Just so you know.  i didn't read that.  Wasted your effort on me.

Anyone that frames each sentence to answer has self worth issues.

I can assure you my regret is trying to assist you.  Good luck with others giving you the time of day.  Thanks for wasting my time.

Bluetick54

Quote from: Moron Detector on September 22, 2007, 09:14:34 pm
Would someone explain why both are needed?  Wouldn't one place with everyone together be better?
Actually my question involved just the opposite...I was asking why only one is needed and everyone feels like they have to choose sides.  I enjoy both boards and feel that each board makes the other better.  It's called competition and it's worked pretty good for well over a couple hundred years.  If some have personality conflicts then I understand now...maybe that's why both exist to begin with. Just maybe.

Guetz

JackFan1, wouldn't want you to feel left out or lacking in the amount of attention received.  BTW, those Torquemada lessons you've been taking seem to really be paying off, you really have those "Nonyas" down pat.  I bet you're looking forward to the next section, Advanced Constrained Thinking:  Red Scare Techniques & The Internet!   ;)

Quote from: jackfan1 on September 23, 2007, 03:16:48 pm
Take your morbid "CURIOSITY" else where.

Meddling.  Stirring.  Morbid.  Unnatural.  And that perennial favorite of the "shush your mouth" crowd, CURIOSITY!  My, you have outdone yourself in earning the Drama Queen for A Day award!

BTW, do I correctly take the implication in your statement that EVERY post on the NEW Fearless Friday has to be productive (or else)?  Is that correct?  I would have to say that this post and your others directed at me have most certainly been productive.  I have had a great time engaging the sarcasm circuits to 90% and delving into your typed utterances with complete abandon!

It simply is not doing any good and you seem to have an unnatural interest in issues that do not concern you and are water under the bridge. Put whatever "spin" on that you choose.

Really?  So, let me see if I have this straight, if I have properly (and oh so humbly) learned my lessons at the collective knee of The Triumvirate:  A rightous good Fearless Friday poster NEVER, EVER, on the pain of deletion and banning, shall EVER ask any questions about even the most obvious of changes to the NEW Fearless Friday.  Nor shall said rightous good Fearless Friday poster EVER even think thoughts (much less commit them to print) or take under consideration any idea that the POWERS THAT BE might EVER make a mistake or show haste in judgement or potentially do anything that could reduce the "fun" of the NEW Fearless Friday {"Fun" as defined by said omniscient and omnipotent POWERS}.  Do I have that right, JackFan1, or did I miss a nuance or two? :-*

The fact remains that what I told you at the beginning of your meddling holds true...it is none of your business and your trying to make it so just proves you are needing a drama fix.

Gotta a bit of that drama fix yourself, didn't you, JackFan1?   :D  Wasn't it fun?  Just what this site needed, some true back and forth.

Oh, but perhaps I am just a bit too hasty in my characterization of the recent contents of this 6 page thread.  I meddle, THE Triumvirate brings the MESSAGE:  Thou shalt not ask any questions that WE feel should not be asked and, oh by the way, don't break the written rules either.

Okay, okay.... I give... I understand the full and true nature of the changes that occurred during my hiatus from FF.

Now perhaps you can lighten up, JackFan1, et al, and quit taking yourself and your guardianship of the right and proper so seriously.  And then again, perhaps you can't.  Either way, it's been a hoot!
   ;D

The newly re-educated
and chastened Guetz

As if.....!!!!!  ROFL

GO CATS GO!!!

Guetz

Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 23, 2007, 05:53:12 pm

I can assure you my regret is trying to assist you.  Good luck with others giving you the time of day.  Thanks for wasting my time.

ROFL!   ;D

You're most assuredly welcome for my assistance in wasting your time.  But I'm confused, if you didn't read it, how did you waste your time?  For my part, I throughly enjoyed contemplating you and your thoughts as expressed in this thread and addressing your written utterances (written utterances, that's rather oxymoronical  :)  ).  Why just look at the personal attention that you had this late Sunday afternoon!

GO CATS GO!!

BTW, you should live your life without regrets.  Just a little something from me to you!  :)

Guetz

Quote from: Bluetick54 on September 23, 2007, 06:13:34 pm
Quote from: Moron Detector on September 22, 2007, 09:14:34 pm
Actually my question involved just the opposite...I was asking why only one is needed and everyone feels like they have to choose sides.  I enjoy both boards and feel that each board makes the other better.  It's called competition and it's worked pretty good for well over a couple hundred years.  If some have personality conflicts then I understand now...maybe that's why both exist to begin with. Just maybe.

While I have some nostalgia for the stand-alone old Fearless Friday, each day I am coming to more and more enjoy having three different sites to dredge.  Can't predict the future and be certain that one site vs. another will get more time, but I do know that I am having fun.

Of course, I also have a fall back position if I go a word too far, stepping on some oh-so-sensitive toes and succeeding in getting myself banned from the NEW Fearless Friday for unwritten rules violations.  Perhaps I already have, LOL. 

GO CATS GO!!

jackfan1™

Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 23, 2007, 05:53:12 pm

Hey QF, I didn't wade through that muck pile either.  :)
But hey, we DID do one good thing today...we gave ol' guetz some female attention. Probably the only way he ever gets it....WHO could sit through an evening listening to the walking encyclopedia drone on and on and on in person? ::)

I have finally figured out what he was REALLY after. ;)

OldScrap

As many football teams that are in this great state, and as many wonderful posters there be, there is plenty of room for more than one or even 2 message boards.

And I keep getting such things as this from this site.

<<A topic you are watching has been removed by XXXXXXX

Regards,
The Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards Team>>

Seems the ones that gets interesting, get thrown out. Sometimes don't even get that, they just disappear.

One thing wrong here is to many people are telling others what to post or not post about.

Guetz

September 23, 2007, 11:27:42 pm #136 Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 11:31:13 pm by Guetz
Quote from: jackfan1 on September 23, 2007, 07:21:46 pm

I have finally figured out what he was REALLY after. ;) 

Your Goat!

ROFL

... And I GOT it!!!!   ;D

<sigh> It almost feels like the Old Fearless Friday again.  Bring it again, find me more!

Guetz

Papa Billie™

OldScrap

Would it be those folks who post after post as if they're know it alls, that stirs up a stink from day to day, them everyone gets excited to defend their home team reputations posting post after post to let them know they're not really football know it all power posters, them all of a sudden the topic disappears from the board them both sides get aggravate because of the disappearing topics and gangs up together against the moderator and or moderators for trying to cool thing back down a bit.

In other words those posters you hate but yet when they're gone it take all the excitement and you miss those who they used to hate.

Without such posting going on from day to day perhaps you feel that Fearless Friday is just not what it once was, but probably what it once was back in a time when everyone got along in a friendly way but yet disagreeing who will win the big game from week to week.

Now I remind you, I'm asking, not telling who the power posters are. So feel free to correct me, but not to grab me by the throat going for the juggler are someone might mistake you for one of those missing power posters.

FootballGuy43

Quote from: Guetz on September 23, 2007, 03:02:36 pm

But no brother, I have heard enough drivel to recalibrate my impressions.  The banter is fun though  :)  !!  Seems those who are answering are getting more wound up about it than I ever was..... another thing to make me go "hmmmm...." and wonder why that is.   ???  Conscience perhaps? Or maybe sam stole my pickles...you decide. Oh yeah, Eddie's Stache is the best thing since the toaster was invented:)

Take your necrophiliac "CURIOSITY" else where.

It simply is not doing any good and you seem to have an unnatural interest in issues that do not concern you and are water under the bridge. Put whatever "spin" on that you choose. Cry Me a River = Justin Timberlake.
The fact remains that what I told you at the beginning of your meddling holds true...it is none of your business and your trying to make it so just proves you are needing a drama fix. I like sam's overalls.

Wow, I must say. Those are some pretty outrageous statements if I do say so myself. sam stealing pickles...why that is a travesty!?!?! And Eddie's stache being the best thing since the toaster...Not so sure about that. The jury is still debating.:)

necrophiliac curiosity and justin timberlake...sounds like a bad stephen king movie:S

sam

Guetz

The Power Posters
Essay In A Graphic
Part 1:  Are Power Posters the Inner Circle?

This Essay In A Graphic asks the salient questions;
are the members of the Inner Circle Power Posters or does such an affiliation
set up a mutually exclusive conflict wherein Power Posters can not be Inner Circle members
and is this a Catch 22 world?

sam

I can't be a power poster because I haven't understood a single one of Guetz's posts. 

Guetz

Synopsis:  Failing to clearly define Power Posters in Part 1, a brief introductory sojourn into the second part of this engaging Essay In A Graphic study is made.

The Power Posters
Essay In A Graphic
Part 2:  Where Have They Gone, How Did They Get There?

This Essay In A Graphic asks the salient question;
Where did these mysterious Power Posters go and by what means did they disappear so completely?

[/quote]

Guetz

Quote from: sam on September 25, 2007, 10:17:38 am
I can't be a power poster because I haven't understood a single one of Guetz's posts.   

One must not seek to understand, rather one must come to realize...
there is no spoon. 
Then one truly becomes what one seeks.

EddiesMustache

Quote from: sam on September 25, 2007, 10:10:26 am
How did I end up in this discussion?

I was wondering the same thing about me (btw, the toaster wasn't that great of an invention.  I mean, come on, heating bread...it's not that sophisticated).

On a side note, I seem to like Ben more and more each season.  sam & I should have made him a co-manager on our fantasy football team.  We'll get you next season Ben.

jackfan1™

Quote from: EddiesMustache on September 25, 2007, 11:37:20 am

I was wondering the same thing about me

I don't know how you wound up in the mud hole either. I didn't put you there. Natural gravitation?

And I've never even seen Sam's over-hauls. 8)

Guetz

Quote from: jackfan1 on September 26, 2007, 11:08:52 am
I don't know how you wound up in the mud hole either. I didn't put you there. Natural gravitation?

Natural Gravitation, absolutely.  It's a black hole of infinite mass.

LOL

Papa Billie™

Quote from: Guetz on September 26, 2007, 04:29:32 pm
Quote from: jackfan1 on September 26, 2007, 11:08:52 am

Natural Gravitation, absolutely.  It's a black hole of infinite mass.

LOL

Wow!...That's Deep and Dark...SS   :o

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas