• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 - 4A Football 2015

Started by Loyalfan1, February 03, 2015, 09:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 10, 2015, 08:11:08 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 10, 2015, 08:06:39 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 10, 2015, 07:41:07 am
Quote from: BightinBulldog55 on August 09, 2015, 09:20:11 pm
I never said I was a player. ???

That doesn't mean that you're not on the team....
are there any players on the team? Can't be with their past...
Yes.  That's a little low even for you, isn't it??
Oh no, I can go lower

PrivateLesson

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 10, 2015, 08:12:30 am

Oh no, I can go lower
Question is why would you??   

I think all the adults on this board can understand the excitement and enthusiasm of a young kid.....we all were young once.    I would hope that all could at least respect that fact and know that the players and kids do read fearless.    That's all. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 10, 2015, 08:18:11 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 10, 2015, 08:12:30 am

Oh no, I can go lower
Question is why would you??   

I think all the adults on this board can understand the excitement and enthusiasm of a young kid.....we all were young once.    I would hope that all could at least respect that fact and know that the players and kids do read fearless.    That's all.
I'm so old, I don't think I was ever young. They shouldn't read it, I didn't let mine.

Proud Buckaroo

When I was in highschool. We were not allowed to be on fearless Friday. The coaches kept tabs on all of us about that.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 10, 2015, 08:55:28 am
When I was in highschool. We were not allowed to be on fearless Friday. The coaches kept tabs on all of us about that.
and they darn sure shouldn't post!!!!

SUGARTOWN

Didn't have that problem when I was in high school, there was no internet.

cuckoobird

August 10, 2015, 10:12:32 am #106 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:14:07 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 10, 2015, 09:22:58 am

I think Al Gore invented the internet my senior year but I never used it. Or maybe it was a couple years later, I'm so old I can't remember

PrivateLesson

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 10, 2015, 09:22:58 am

Simpler times....sometimes in certain aspects I think we would be better off!  :)

Lionheart88

Some districts wouldn't let their parents post if they had any say in the matter.

BightinBulldog55

Well in Waldron we don't follow the rules! #turnup

~WPS~

Quote from: BightinBulldog55 on August 10, 2015, 08:37:40 pm
If you don't follow the rules in Waldron then you'd think y'all would find a way to be better at football.

PrivateLesson

FBfan79

Quote from: -Mark- on July 21, 2015, 11:23:24 am
Got a chance to see Fountain Lake at Pulaski Academy's team camp. I was pretty impressed with the new-look Cobras. This could be one of the best offenses the team has boasted in recent years. However, a brutal schedule in a brutal conference lies ahead. It should be a fun year.

Will your broadcasts be streamed online this year Mark?

-Mark-

Quote from: FBfan79 on August 11, 2015, 08:15:24 am
Quote from: -Mark- on July 21, 2015, 11:23:24 am
Got a chance to see Fountain Lake at Pulaski Academy's team camp. I was pretty impressed with the new-look Cobras. This could be one of the best offenses the team has boasted in recent years. However, a brutal schedule in a brutal conference lies ahead. It should be a fun year.

Will your broadcasts be streamed online this year Mark?

Yes, they will. KVRE has recently launched a new website, and you will be able to listen to the broadcasts via a link at the top of the page. We are currently working on ironing out some kinks with the process, but we are planning on having everything ready for the opening kickoff.

FBfan79

BightinBulldog55

Waldron got a new 6'5" 240lb tight end that runs a 4.5 40. He moved in from Rockwall Texas, and he's only Junior. Already got an offer from SMU.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: BightinBulldog55 on August 11, 2015, 04:13:56 pm
Waldron got a new 6'5" 240lb tight end that runs a 4.5 40. He moved in from Rockwall Texas, and he's only Junior. Already got an offer from SMU.

What's his name, I want to check out his recruiting profile.

BightinBulldog55

PrivateLesson

I thought he was more interested in Basketball??

PrivateLesson

I heard Waldron will have a scrimmage this Friday night.   

PrivateLesson

Waldron was featured on 5News KFSM last night.    Coach May had some very positive things to say...very humble and supportive of his team. 

Longfellow

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 10, 2015, 09:08:14 pm
Quote from: BightinBulldog55 on August 10, 2015, 08:37:40 pm
If you don't follow the rules in Waldron then you'd think y'all would find a way to be better at football.
At this point, I don't think they could cheat their way to winning season

PrivateLesson

SUGARTOWN

The Coach

Will anyone in the 7-4A play defense this year? Will anyone in the 7-4A be a physical football team?

Longfellow

Fountain Lake is always physical

The Coach

August 12, 2015, 01:00:02 pm #127 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:06:37 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Longfellow on August 12, 2015, 11:12:55 am
Fountain Lake is always physical

They were the most physical team in the 7-4A conference for sure

BightinBulldog55

You obviously didn't watch the Mena Ft. Lake game. Mena was without a doubt the more physical team. Cant wait till Waldron gets them this year. Ft. Lake will go home traumatized.

~WPS~

What happened to Mena's physicality when they played Nashville?

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 12, 2015, 07:29:41 pm
What happened to Mena's physicality when they played Nashville?
Same place Nashville's went when they played Fountain Lake?

~WPS~

Thank you for making my point. Fountain Lake was the most physical team in 7-4A. They weren't the biggest guys (except for Ross) but it was a mentality that is bred in the offense they run.

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 12, 2015, 07:40:40 pm
Thank you for making my point. Fountain Lake was the most physical team in 7-4A. They weren't the biggest guys (except for Ross) but it was a mentality that is bred in the offense they run.
Then why did Mena handle them better than the scraps? My point is that obviously the scraps did not beat them with physicality. That is not what the scraps are known for.

~WPS~

Quote from: phdefense on August 12, 2015, 07:45:51 pm
Then why did Mena handle them better than the scraps?
That's my next point. It's not all about who's more physical, strong, fast, etc. It's about the scheme you play to attack the weakness of your opponent. Mena's weakness was the interior defense. Arkadelphia ran it up the middle all game and beat them. The next week Nashville did the exact same thing. Against Ftn. Lake, Nashville stuck to the 3-4 and couldn't stop the inside run. Mena ran a 4-3 and schemed better to stop that style of offense, possibly from more experience of facing it in the 4-4A.

~WPS~

My point is that obviously the scraps did not beat them with physicality. That is not what the scraps are known for.
Not known for it anymore. But you're right. Just like Mena didn't beat Ftn. Lake because of physicality.

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 12, 2015, 07:52:09 pm
My point is that obviously the scraps did not beat them with physicality. That is not what the scraps are known for.
Not known for it anymore. But you're right. Just like Mena didn't beat Ftn. Lake because of physicality.
My guess with not having watched them play is that Mena was better at stopping the run than Nashville, but worse at stopping the pass. Thus Mena being more physical than Nashville.

~WPS~

Nashville ran for over 300 yards against Mena. Almost all of it was up the middle. Like I said it's all about scheme. You won't beat Ftn. Lake running a 3-4.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 12, 2015, 07:58:59 pm
Nashville ran for over 300 yards against Mena. Almost all of it was up the middle. Like I said it's all about scheme. You won't beat Ftn. Lake running a 3-4.

Here is to hoping Coach Chesshir and crew learned from our mistakes last year and that Coach Volarvich turns on the film of the Ft Lake and Dardanelle game from last year.

This is my one and only concern going into this season. You better have a high quality NT to run a 3-4 against a power running team

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 12, 2015, 07:58:59 pm
Fountain Lake didn't have a Pettway that they had to worry about either.

FBfan79

FL was physical against Mena too... Mena played a good game against FL.. offensively and defensively.  Just being physical wont win you games.  Being the smaller team most of the year FL had to play hard nosed football.

FBfan79

phdefense

hogdiggity

Quote from: phdefense on August 12, 2015, 11:40:55 pm
Quote from: FBfan79 on August 12, 2015, 09:38:51 pm
Scrappers

Nashville's passing game looks sharp.

lol, not a pass in the video, gotta wonder about that.  I heard Nashville hasn't participated in many 7 on 7 events this summer. 

FBfan79

Proud Buckaroo

He did it on purpose to give them a break? 7 on 7 and team camps are good for a team. They help with conditioning. They help prepare you more.

FBfan79

I bet he does more next year

Proud Buckaroo

I forgot they got a new coach. Maybe he knows what he's doing.

hogdiggity

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 10:58:25 am
He did it on purpose to give them a break? 7 on 7 and team camps are good for a team. They help with conditioning. They help prepare you more.

I know they were trying to host 7 on 7 on Tuesday nights in Nashville and I don't think they got many if any takers.  By then most of the other 7 on 7 camps were filled.

FBfan79

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 13, 2015, 11:36:07 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 10:58:25 am

I know they were trying to host 7 on 7 on Tuesday nights in Nashville and I don't think they got many if any takers.  By then most of the other 7 on 7 camps were filled.

So it was on purpose...

hawgfan15

7 on 7 is way overrated. It has little to do with success on Friday nights. Nashville has never been  big on 7 on 7.

As for Nashville's passing game do not be worried. We return 3 starting WR's and of course our QB and top two RB's. Coach Volarvich is known for his passing attack for those that didn't know.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas