• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A West

Started by grizz, November 17, 2018, 12:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

grizz

I watched all week as Northside was a foot note to what Bentonville was going to do in the playoffs.
I didn't say anything. To be honest, I thought we would lose a close one.
It was striking, though, how everyone just looked past this game.
Fans, media, Twitter, etc...

I think what wasn't noticed with Northside's season was that there was a three game run of 12 turnovers.  It was devastating.  It didn't happen in the first six games. Didn't happen in the last three.  Funny enough...  Those turnovers put us into a spot where we were opposite of NLR.  Four seed is a pretty good place to be.
This is a very talented NHS team that I think felt a little disrespected.  They showed up tonight.

We have played some good teams this year.  NLR is at the top, and it ain't even close.  Bryant is easily next (although for only a half).  Greenwood is probably next.  I could make the argument that Southside is next, but it also might be Bentonville.  That is close.

Point is this:  You 7A West people have been so enamored with Bentonville for so long that you don't realize that the West has slipped far behind.  Way far behind.  You are in a little cocoon.
Northside was easily the best team on the field tonight.  Bentonville doesn't have the athletes to compete. 

The best of the West is the fourth or fifth best we have seen.

Back to a salty 7A Central team next week.  Bryant was very good the first time around, and they have only gotten better.  Looking forward to a dry field and four quarters of play.

Walter

Quote from: grizz on November 17, 2018, 12:50:47 am
I watched all week as Northside was a foot note to what Bentonville was going to do in the playoffs.
I didn't say anything. To be honest, I thought we would lose a close one.
It was striking, though, how everyone just looked past this game.
Fans, media, Twitter, etc...

I think what wasn't noticed with Northside's season was that there was a three game run of 12 turnovers.  It was devastating.  It didn't happen in the first six games. Didn't happen in the last three.  Funny enough...  Those turnovers put us into a spot where we were opposite of NLR.  Four seed is a pretty good place to be.
This is a very talented NHS team that I think felt a little disrespected.  They showed up tonight.

We have played some good teams this year.  NLR is at the top, and it ain't even close.  Bryant is easily next (although for only a half).  Greenwood is probably next.  I could make the argument that Southside is next, but it also might be Bentonville.  That is close.

Point is this:  You 7A West people have been so enamored with Bentonville for so long that you don't realize that the West has slipped far behind.  Way far behind.  You are in a little cocoon.
Northside was easily the best team on the field tonight.  Bentonville doesn't have the athletes to compete. 

The best of the West is the fourth or fifth best we have seen.

Back to a salty 7A Central team next week.  Bryant was very good the first time around, and they have only gotten better. Looking forward to a dry field and four quarters of play.

Me too.

Pr8hd

Kudos to NS, many thought they peaked too soon. I will say it does help when you "welcome back" the defensive front 5-7 you started the year with after some issues. They were definitely the difference maker in the GW game. Don't think you saw a good GW team that first game, at least not what they have improved to be now.

I am most interested to see how this one plays out, you could not have scripted a more interesting match up with the way the first one ended prematurely. Bryant best not overlook NS and ahead to NLR likely in the title game.   

beach bum

Rain in the forecast on Friday as of now. About 3 days out though they get a more locked in time frame for exacts of weather..... All that said Northside by 11

footballfan-tastic

Tough game between NLR and SS last night.   SS played hard and nearly pulled off the big upset.  NLR has to get back into defensive form for the last two weeks and not start sluggishly.  Last nights game was not the normal confident showing they have played with defensively.  I feel like they suffered from the week off and coaches and players will step it up for the rest of the playoffs.  Every body is gunning for you and will bring their best game.  Two weeks to prove who you are! 
Go Wildcats...

Baitshop

Dear Mr. beach bum,                                                                                             I would like to reserve as much action as I can on the Northside (-11) prediction. Cash, pizza, gift cards, it doesn't matter, I just want in.
Sincerely,
Baitshop

beach bum

Quote from: Baitshop on November 17, 2018, 10:11:32 am
Dear Mr. beach bum,                                                                                             I would like to reserve as much action as I can on the Northside (-11) prediction. Cash, pizza, gift cards, it doesn't matter, I just want in.
Sincerely,
Baitshop

Well they're better than Southside with less resources than Southside too..... Southside has to be the most underachieving program in 7A

Baitshop

There is absolutely nothing at Southside at Northside did not get first.

By the way, still very interested in anything that you'd like to give away on that Northside -11 prediction..??

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on November 17, 2018, 10:11:32 am
Sincerely,
Baitshop

I must admit, Dixie Preps hit a home run on that one...  :'(

grizz

Quote from: SardisHog on November 17, 2018, 07:35:10 am

Me too.

SardisHog,
There is rain in the forecast. You are the home team. You have an entire week to fix this. Make it happen. Anything else is on you.  :)

grizz

Quote from: Baitshop on November 17, 2018, 12:33:04 pm

By the way, still very interested in anything that you'd like to give away on that Northside -11 prediction..??

Yeah resources at NHS and SHS are similar.  One exception:  Coaching.  Falleur is late in his career, but his fire is still lit.  Williams isn't working nearly as hard. 
Other than that, though, if the district spends money on one, it is gonna spend roughly the same on the other.

I guess there is one other advantage.  The three game winning streak.  That is hard to ignore.  It will get a lot worse for SHS before it gets better.

Baitshop

I didn't hear you toot your whistle when Southside won 12 straight before your research streak...

Justlikegoodfootball

Quote from: Baitshop on November 17, 2018, 12:33:04 pm

If you want to see underachieving follow HB

grizz

Quote from: Baitshop on November 18, 2018, 02:56:15 am
I didn't hear you toot your whistle when Southside won 12 straight before your research streak...

Baitshop, that was then.  This is now.  The current streak is +3 NHS... and counting.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Quote from: Justlikegoodfootball on November 18, 2018, 06:04:56 am

If you want to see underachieving follow HB

I dunno, they gave us a good catfight this year.  ;D

Rob Van Winkle

The school splits in NWA have contributed to the shift in power, especially when BV split. Look at the teams that are now on top and they are primarily one town schools (NLR, Bryant, Conway and FV). If Cabot gets the right coach they will join that group.

BV and West will continue to be competitive and even play at the top, but the other schools in NWA are all now playing second fiddle. Harber has arguably the best feeder junior high in the state (Springdale Central) but lack of player development and lack of offensive creativity will keep them a notch or two below the others.

CBag21

Did you not watch the first quarter? It was entirely one sided for Bentonville. Then the penalties started, and then they were given out like candy at a Christmas parade, but only to one team. I saw several punches thrown without flags, and then punches thrown and people walking away, but then it got called "offsetting." If the calling had been even the game would have looked a lot closer.

Baitshop

^^^^Looks like Bennie is still the w(h)ine capital of NWA.....

CBag21

Quote from: Baitshop on December 03, 2018, 12:15:20 am

salty as ever i see  ;)

our beers are craftier than your insults

Baitshop

And I bet that you set them on coasters made from left over equestrian and swimming/diving State championship plaques......

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on December 03, 2018, 12:15:20 am

Still a better place than Fort Smith's  yester year boo hoo poo poo of how great we used to be...

Baitshop

Check the score of this years Bennie West/Southside game.

We may be rusty/dustyville, but we are breaking Bennie hearts at every chance...

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

How come Fayetteville can't compete? They are the only single school in NWA and they have the U of A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas