• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coaches

Started by Old school, February 19, 2016, 01:18:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2aball

Quote from: Billie Blue on May 27, 2016, 10:21:43 pm
I hope we haven't hired someone that is going to bring some garbage with him because of what I have heard there was some quality coaches that applied

You won't have to worry about that. I think he'll do good things for your program.

MikelB

Quote from: BoxNOne on May 26, 2016, 04:56:23 pm
I didn't think he did a very good job last year considering what he had to work with.Jmo.

I think you are right, he lost games that he should have never lost with the talent he had.  It will be interesting to see what he does with his new team but it will be more interesting to see what the new EPC coach does if Vornes stays.

redrider30

I heard Vornes is going to Jonesboro. Anybody know anything about this?

Hornet guy

Who got the EPC boys job ?

2aball

Quote from: redrider30 on June 14, 2016, 01:52:16 pm
I heard Vornes is going to Jonesboro. Anybody know anything about this?

I'm not so sure that's working out for her. I know she practiced with EPC yesterday and I think she went to team camp with them today.

2aball

Quote from: Hornet guy on June 14, 2016, 02:46:09 pm
Who got the EPC boys job ?

Steve Brown. Father of one of the players. 

biglion1985

Who got the girls job at epc?

redrider30

The Truman girls coach.

bdubyab60

Quote from: biglion1985 on June 15, 2016, 12:04:08 am
Who got the girls job at epc?
Justin Williams I believe is his name. posted a couple pages back.

elvis26

:D Justin willams got the job at epc!!!!!!!

MikelB

Quote from: elvis26 on June 15, 2016, 04:59:04 pm
:D Justin willams got the job at epc!!!!!!!

Looks like you approve?  What do you know about his experience etc...

elvis26

:D he is from epc, he was a assistant coach at marion for a couple of years  then he got the trumann head girls job a couple of years ago. he is a young coach but I believe he will be a very good coach. he did a great job at my school trumann the last 2 years. just give him a chance and I believe you will like him.

MikelB

Quote from: elvis26 on June 16, 2016, 04:56:44 pm
:D he is from epc, he was a assistant coach at marion for a couple of years  then he got the trumann head girls job a couple of years ago. he is a young coach but I believe he will be a very good coach. he did a great job at my school trumann the last 2 years. just give him a chance and I believe you will like him.

It's hard judge right now because they are just in camps and of course not all the players show up everyday of camp but I sure hope it gets better. 

RedWolf275

If Vornes stays they should be a heavy favorite to make the state tourney I think.

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on June 20, 2016, 09:29:20 pm
If Vornes stays they should be a heavy favorite to make the state tourney I think.
She's been at EPC practices but not going to the camps with them, so it's hard to tell what she is going to do.  (Rumor is she is going to the JHS Hurricanes)

MikelB

Quote from: elvis26 on June 16, 2016, 04:56:44 pm

Not impressed so far, team not looking good in camps.  Looks like he doesn't have control of the team (looks a lil like they did last year 1 or 2 girls playing "ME" ball and coach and the rest of the team just watching.

RedWolf275

The times I saw them last year you are exactly right on the "me" ball.

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on June 22, 2016, 11:59:23 am
The times I saw them last year you are exactly right on the "me" ball.
The youngest of the 3 sisters on the team seems to be running the show as of now.  Just throwing shots up from anywhere and everywhere and coach appears to be just watching the show.

Real deal

EPC lost a good coach, From what I understand it probably had to happen. Biggest winner in the new EPC hire was Trumann.

MikelB

Quote from: Real deal on June 24, 2016, 04:41:18 pm
EPC lost a good coach, From what I understand it probably had to happen. Biggest winner in the new EPC hire was Trumann.

That's what I was afraid of (just because you are an alumni of the school doesn't mean you're the most qualified but as the old saying goes "it's all about who you know")

2aball

Quote from: MikelB on June 27, 2016, 09:23:57 am
That's what I was afraid of (just because you are an alumni of the school doesn't mean you're the most qualified but as the old saying goes "it's all about who you know")

There weren't very many, if any, other applicants. He very well may have been the most qualified just by that alone. I'd heard a rumor about 1 other guy, currently coaching in college, applying. I'm not sure that he ever actually did apply though or if he just contacted them about the job. It was quite a while before Williams was even contacted about the job so I'm thinking he never applied or he would have been hired.

RedWolf2014

I don't know who let people get on here to talk about other coaches. Y'all don't have a clue of what actually goes on in practice or what team camp is about. This has to be a joke. Reading this just solidifies my opinion on people that get on here. I get on this website for pure entertainment from the "fans" to see what their uneducated and unqualified opinion is. It's team camp. Nobody cares about x's and o's in team camp. He will have that program rolling...Bad thing is, I don't even know the guy, I just know that people get on here to mouth every coach unless they are the next Coach K.

2aball

Quote from: RedWolf2014 on June 28, 2016, 11:04:30 pm
I don't know who let people get on here to talk about other coaches. Y'all don't have a clue of what actually goes on in practice or what team camp is about. This has to be a joke. Reading this just solidifies my opinion on people that get on here. I get on this website for pure entertainment from the "fans" to see what their uneducated and unqualified opinion is. It's team camp. Nobody cares about x's and o's in team camp. He will have that program rolling...Bad thing is, I don't even know the guy, I just know that people get on here to mouth every coach unless they are the next Coach K.

I agree. I think he's going to be good. He hasn't even had time to put in his system. For the most part at camps he's having to let them play with the old coaches system because that's what they know and using the other parts of the game to work on the parts of his system that he has installed.

Team camps are about working on things. You can't judge a team by how the perform in team camp. Especially a new coach.

Basketball_101

Anybody have a list of all new 2a boys head basketball coaches this summer?

MikelB

Quote from: 2aball on June 29, 2016, 11:49:27 am
I agree. I think he's going to be good. He hasn't even had time to put in his system. For the most part at camps he's having to let them play with the old coaches system because that's what they know and using the other parts of the game to work on the parts of his system that he has installed.

Team camps are about working on things. You can't judge a team by how the perform in team camp. Especially a new coach.

Re: New Coaches
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2016, 08:40:15 pm »

2aball "There weren't very many, if any, other applicants. He very well may have been the most qualified just by that alone. I'd heard a rumor about 1 other guy, currently coaching in college, applying. I'm not sure that he ever actually did apply though or if he just contacted them about the job. It was quite a while before Williams was even contacted about the job so I'm thinking he never applied or he would have been hired."

Way to straddle the fence there 2aball LOL
It's all good though I was simply asking about the new coach, pros & cons. I don't think that is misuse of the forum RedWolf2014. 

2aball

Quote from: MikelB on June 30, 2016, 01:30:18 pm

Re: New Coaches
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2016, 08:40:15 pm »

2aball "There weren't very many, if any, other applicants. He very well may have been the most qualified just by that alone. I'd heard a rumor about 1 other guy, currently coaching in college, applying. I'm not sure that he ever actually did apply though or if he just contacted them about the job. It was quite a while before Williams was even contacted about the job so I'm thinking he never applied or he would have been hired."

Way to straddle the fence there 2aball LOL
It's all good though I was simply asking about the new coach, pros & cons. I don't think that is misuse of the forum RedWolf2014.

Never said he wasn't qualified in my original post. I was just trying to point out that there wasn't a lot of interest in the job. I guess the way I worded it did make it seem like I thought he wasn't.

I know he's a good x's and o's coach for sure. He knows the game. It's all going to boil down to how well he can get his team to buy in to his system. I admittedly have no idea on how he does in that area. That will be what makes or breaks the season though.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

:o  ::) :-X   :-\ all I got to say!!

Oldref

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

You got that right!! 

Oldref

July 12, 2016, 09:25:51 pm #229 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:22:36 pm by Oldref

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Yep!! And the  💩 hit the fan yesterday!

RedWolf275

What the heck happened this time!!?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Taylor resigned... Personal reasons

Raider/Rebel

so is this confirmed that Taylor is out at BIC again"

2aball

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on July 13, 2016, 07:23:02 am
Taylor resigned... Personal reasons

Is personal reasons code word for something else? Seems to be a lot of the time. Hopefully it's nothing health related.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Raider/Rebel on July 13, 2016, 05:21:22 pm
so is this confirmed that Taylor is out at BIC again"

yes

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: 2aball on July 13, 2016, 05:39:29 pm
Is personal reasons code word for something else? Seems to be a lot of the time. Hopefully it's nothing health related.

As far as I know his health is ok .

2aball

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on July 14, 2016, 11:56:19 am
As far as I know his health is ok .

Yeah, I heard the rest of the rumor today. Tough situation for BIC.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Mike Scutero named Buffalo Island Central head Coach!!

Mustangfans

July 16, 2016, 04:46:04 pm #239 Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:02:38 pm by Mustangfans
Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on July 15, 2016, 09:00:25 pm
Mike Scutero named Buffalo Island Central head Coach!!
That happened quick. From what I read he'll be a good fit to start his own era at BIC. I'm excited for the boys. After a disappointing season with some good talent I believe this is what they truly needed.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Yes his resume looks awesome! No doubt he can do the job! And everyone starts fresh!

Cheek

Where did he Coach last year?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Arkansas State assistant men's basketball

Cheek

Any High School experience ?  Where and record.

RedWolf275

I have never heard of him but that doesn't mean he isn't a good coach.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Cheek on July 16, 2016, 11:15:26 pm
Any High School experience ?  Where and record.
You can look up his Bio on the Arkansas State Redwolves website. Looks like he has done some High school

2aball

Quote from: Mustangfans on July 16, 2016, 04:46:04 pm
That happened quick. From what I read he'll be a good fit to start his own era at BIC. I'm excited for the boys. After a disappointing season with some good talent I belong this is what they truly needed.

Sounds like a good hire for them. I'd hate to be the guy right after Taylor though.

Head Lion

I wonder what kind of recruiting budget he will get?✌🏿️

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I hope he gets 1/2 what you dish out over there!!  :D

Head Lion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas