• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf has been approved for Lumberjack Stadium.

Started by Superjack45, January 12, 2016, 10:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldbadger

Quote from: 22 on June 26, 2016, 09:46:29 pm
Where are the FUTBOL stripes??
Wait, wait, wait!!  The visitors seats are off center!  Did you have to move the turf toward the left in the photo?

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldbadger on June 27, 2016, 10:25:53 pm
Wait, wait, wait!!  The visitors seats are off center!  Did you have to move the turf toward the left in the photo?
Not this again! 🤔🤔🤔

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on June 27, 2016, 10:25:53 pm

Off center visitor seats.....one entrance gate.....the MADNESS!

SUGARTOWN

June 28, 2016, 07:45:30 am #603 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:17:05 am by SUGARTOWN
Seems like there are a few stadiums with off center bleachers. Can't figure why anyone would do that either. But most people don't sit exactly on the 50 yard line anyway so that doesn't really matter, it just looks strange.

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 28, 2016, 08:15:27 am
can't tell on a laptop.

Strike 3. You're out.

You need to improve the material.

Oldbadger

Hey, AirWarren, all kidding aside, the field looks great.  Proud for Warren doing this.  On a lighter note, however, I'm sure sometime in the past there was only the middle set of bleachers.  With the success of the program, more seats were added.  Now, just add some on the other side and presto, problem solved. lol

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on June 28, 2016, 11:48:22 am
Hey, AirWarren, all kidding aside, the field looks great.  Proud for Warren doing this.  On a lighter note, however, I'm sure sometime in the past there was only the middle set of bleachers.  With the success of the program, more seats were added.  Now, just add some on the other side and presto, problem solved. lol

Thanks! Yeah it for sure could be added to the seating. I guess it's based on needs. Not often unless it's playoffs do we have crowds like a nashville or Arkadelphia in the visitor side.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldbadger on June 28, 2016, 11:48:22 am

Not too sure about that. I was thinking those visitor bleachers were brand new last year.

Oldbadger

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 28, 2016, 12:29:47 pm
Not too sure about that. I was thinking those visitor bleachers were brand new last year.
If that is true, it ruins my whole hypothesis.  I don't have many of those anyway, and one I thought to be right, may be wrong! lol

AirWarren

No it's the same bleachers. They just removed all of the wood seats, steps, etc and redone them with metal seats and steps. Added metal rails for increased safety. It was an updating of the original bleachers that have been there for years.

SUGARTOWN

Oldbadger

LJ06

Same bleacher size, same location, just got an ungraded look.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

The weird thing about the bleachers is that the footings are there for the bleachers to run from 30yd line to opposite 30 but they just left it unfinished

AirWarren

That is weird. Wonder why it was never finished?

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on June 29, 2016, 12:30:34 pm

It was an afterthought till Arky came to town  ::)

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on June 29, 2016, 12:38:52 pm
It was an afterthought till Arky came to town  ::)

Yes. The socially advanced crowd of Arkadelphia.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 29, 2016, 12:30:34 pm
money went for a deer camp membership.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 29, 2016, 01:00:49 pm
money went for a deer camp membership.

He married into a family that has access to tons of woods in Bradley county. That perk was the least of his concerns.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 29, 2016, 01:08:53 pm
He married into a family that has access to tons of woods in Bradley county. That perk was the least of his concerns.
you are so serious. that was a joke.

AirWarren

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on June 29, 2016, 12:54:50 pm
Yes. The socially advanced crowd of Arkadelphia.
Hey, I take offense to that statement!!! lol

AirWarren

It's getting closer folks. July is approaching.

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2016, 07:03:09 am
It's getting closer folks. July is approaching.
Ah, yes, July-the time when the first reason for not wanting turf is experienced.  7 on 7 on 150 degree surface.  Feet burning and no way to cool them off.

GuvHog

Quote from: Oldbadger on June 30, 2016, 01:13:15 pm
Ah, yes, July-the time when the first reason for not wanting turf is experienced.  7 on 7 on 150 degree surface.  Feet burning and no way to cool them off.

I've been opposed to 7 on 7 football for years. I honestly believe the only contact High School coaches should have with their players between the end of the school year in late may and the start of preseason practices in August is for training sessions (weight lifting, running, etc.) which the coaches should be allowed to make mandatory but no kind of organized team practices should be allowed.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on June 30, 2016, 01:37:57 pm
I've been opposed to 7 on 7 football for years. I honestly believe the only contact High School coaches should have with their players between the end of the school year in late may and the start of preseason practices in August is for training sessions (weight lifting, running, etc.) which the coaches should be allowed to make mandatory but no kind of organized team practices should be allowed.
I'm glad you're not in charge of many things.

AirWarren

I was waiting on someone to reply haha

I just left it alone.

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldbadger on June 30, 2016, 01:13:15 pm
Hey Old Guy what them Owls looking like this year? I know you all had 2 stud 9th graders.

Lumberjackfan1978

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 30, 2016, 05:53:24 pm
Hey Old Guy what them Owls looking like this year? I know you all had 2 stud 9th graders.
no idea. I never count until end of august. we have a problem with sophmores sitting out a year. I haven't asked how many are playing.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2016, 04:57:36 pm
I was waiting on someone to reply haha

I just left it alone.
slow pitch beach ball.

AirWarren

Slow pitch beach ball involving cold pop tops.

GuvHog

Quote from: Oldman on June 30, 2016, 04:04:58 pm
I'm glad you're not in charge of many things.

Hey, if it's good enough for college teams it's good enough for High School teams too.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on July 01, 2016, 04:11:18 pm
Hey, if it's good enough for college teams it's good enough for High School teams too.

You do realize there is a distinct difference in high school football and college(D1) football, correct?

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on July 01, 2016, 06:22:29 pm
You do realize there is a distinct difference in high school football and college(D1) football, correct?

Sure, but that doesn't mean High Schools need more practice time than colleges.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on July 03, 2016, 02:15:44 pm
Sure, but that doesn't mean High Schools need more practice time than colleges.

Their high school kids. Let them enjoy their lives and free time to play football in my opinion.

AirWarren

Updated pics from my trip to Warren this weekend.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Warren Soccer complex update

New lighting

Concession stand

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on July 01, 2016, 04:11:18 pm
you think d1 college players get 2 weeks off in the summer?

GuvHog

Quote from: Oldman on July 05, 2016, 08:04:10 am
you think d1 college players get 2 weeks off in the summer?

No, they don't actually get 2 weeks off, they train all summer with their strength coach. Once spring practice ends though, they are not allowed to have organized practices with any member of the coaching staff until preseason practice starts in early August.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on July 05, 2016, 09:03:09 am
No, they don't actually get 2 weeks off, they train all summer with their strength coach. Once spring practice ends though, they are not allowed to have organized practices with any member of the coaching staff until preseason practice starts in early August.
soooo if a receiver chooses not to participate in the "volunteer practice" do you think he will see the field?

GuvHog

Quote from: Oldman on July 05, 2016, 02:21:16 pm
soooo if a receiver chooses not to participate in the "volunteer practice" do you think he will see the field?

Where did I say that?? Sure they have voluntary practices in college but the coaches aren't involved.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas