• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine Rattler Football Thread 2023

Started by alaskanstorm, September 23, 2018, 09:37:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alaskanstorm

September 23, 2018, 09:37:30 pm Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 12:43:01 pm by alaskanstorm
Since the rattlers are open this week they can now turn their focus towards next weeks 4 2A Champioship showdown with hector.  All hector has to do is take care of business this week, shouldn't be a problem, and the stage will be set.  However,  I thought I would take a different approach this week and look to the past for motivation.  I know every team has their Shabaz, Logan, Ray, etc. but it is the unsung hero's that help make these house hold names.  So without further ado,  i'll Take us back to 2010 and the strong bulldogs and Kenneth Dixon came a calling, the rattlers heard all week about how superior Strong was and how the rattler hadn't seen that kind of speed before.  Which is were this week unsung hero steps in,  the on and only magazines very own, Long Yang.  Yang torched strong with a 50+ bomb reception and wreaked havoc in the strong backfield throughout the game corralling Dixon and the bulldog running attack.

So in recognition of Long Yang's past performance, next week rattler24 will be selecting the Long Yang offensive and Long Yang defensive players of the game.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 23, 2018, 09:37:30 pm
Since the rattlers are open this week they can now turn their focus towards next weeks 4 2A Champioship showdown with hector.  All hector has to do is take care of business this week, shouldn't be a problem, and the stage will be set.  However,  I thought I would take a different approach this week and look to the past for motivation.  I know every team has their Shabaz, Logan, Ray, etc. but it is the unsung hero's that help make these house hold names.  So without further ado,  i'll Take us back to 2010 and the strong bulldogs and Kenneth Dixon came a calling, the rattlers heard all week about how superior Strong was and how the rattler hadn't seen that kind of speed before.  Which is were this week unsung hero steps in,  the on and only magazines very own, Long Yang.  Yang torched strong with a 50+ bomb reception and wreaked havoc in the strong backfield throughout the game corralling Dixon and the bulldog running attack.

So in recognition of Long Yang's past performance, next week rattler24 will be selecting the Long Yang offensive and Long Yang defensive players of the game.
Hope you can make it to the Hector game. Would love for you to be there to watch a great game in person

Prouddragondad

I hope you don't think the winner of this game will be conference champs cause both teams still have to play Mountainburg and I promise you the Burg will have a say in who wins the conference.

beach bum

September 24, 2018, 11:48:54 am #3 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:20:57 pm by beach bum
Mountainburg will beat Magazine by 25+ and Hector by 14+ ....... They have way more speed overall than any 4-2A team and it ain't close..... I'll take Hector over Magazine by 13 though. Mountainburg is a quarterfinal team and possibly a semifinal team imo cause the 1 seed from the 4-2A is in a pretty good portion of the bracket and I think Mtburg snags the top spot.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: beach bum on September 24, 2018, 11:48:54 am
Mountainburg will beat Magazine by 25+ and Hector by 14+ ....... They have way more speed overall than any 4-2A team and it ain't close..... I'll take Hector over Magazine by 13 though. Mountainburg is a quarterfinal team and possibly a semifinal team imo cause the 1 seed from the 4-2A is in a pretty good portion of the bracket and I think Mtburg snags the top spot.
Idk about way more speed than Hector. We got a few that can pull away from defenders also. Plus you have to be able to get outside for that speed to work and Hector's strength is run defense. I wish that matchup wasn't Week 10 cuz I really am looking forward to that game!

baseball13

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 24, 2018, 12:54:42 pm
Idk about way more speed than Hector. We got a few that can pull away from defenders also. Plus you have to be able to get outside for that speed to work and Hector's strength is run defense. I wish that matchup wasn't Week 10 cuz I really am looking forward to that game!

that's the best time for a matchup with the best 2 teams. win and you are the champion. Makes both teams get up every night so they can play each other for the title.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: baseball13 on September 24, 2018, 12:59:03 pm
that's the best time for a matchup with the best 2 teams. win and you are the champion. Makes both teams get up every night so they can play each other for the title.
Oh for sure! We just have to make sure we take care of business week in and week out to ensure Week 10 is for our 5th conference championship in 6 years

Hgalum50

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 24, 2018, 01:07:01 pm
Oh for sure! We just have to make sure we take care of business week in and week out to ensure Week 10 is for our 5th conference championship in 6 years
How is Hector looking this year? I might make my way up that way for a game.

Chief Sitting Dragon

If Burg does not fix their defense they will have to outscore everyone they play. Which they may be able to do. i was kinda down on them after the Greenland loss but after seeing where Greenland beat Charleston and held them to 12 points the 39 burg hung on them impresses me. Burg defense had a chance to win game when they took lead 27-26 and again at 33-32. they just did not tackle when they had to. missed the greenland qb 3 or 4 times when they had him for big losses in the 4th quarter. if they fix that beach bum may be right about them. by the way where is beach bum from, he seems to have a lot of football sense so i am pretty sure he is not from a 4-2a school.

beach bum

Quote from: Chief Sitting Dragon on September 24, 2018, 02:48:04 pm
If Burg does not fix their defense they will have to outscore everyone they play. Which they may be able to do. i was kinda down on them after the Greenland loss but after seeing where Greenland beat Charleston and held them to 12 points the 39 burg hung on them impresses me. Burg defense had a chance to win game when they took lead 27-26 and again at 33-32. they just did not tackle when they had to. missed the greenland qb 3 or 4 times when they had him for big losses in the 4th quarter. if they fix that beach bum may be right about them. by the way where is beach bum from, he seems to have a lot of football sense so i am pretty sure he is not from a 4-2a school.

I agree if Burg had a defense more on the level of previous years to go with the offensive speed of this season than Mountainburg could be a fringe state title contender. Along with Greenland, even Cedarville put up a ton of offense on Burg. That defense is keeping them from getting to that level though which is weird from a Mountainburg side cause usually its the defensive intensity that aids them so well.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hgalum50 on September 24, 2018, 02:46:00 pm
How is Hector looking this year? I might make my way up that way for a game.
Started out not so great due to missing some key players and injuries as well as adapting to a new coach and offense. We are very young his year but play great run defense and swarm to the ball. Coaches are finally opening up the playbook and offense is starting to click. If we can solidify our O Line and pass defense then we will be tough, just a work in progress!

MICHAELSPAPPY

It is just nice to see the Rattlers making some noise again, and Coach Powell having some success. He is one of the really good guys in the profession.

rattlerfan24

Hgalum50

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 24, 2018, 03:22:10 pm
Started out not so great due to missing some key players and injuries as well as adapting to a new coach and offense. We are very young his year but play great run defense and swarm to the ball. Coaches are finally opening up the playbook and offense is starting to click. If we can solidify our O Line and pass defense then we will be tough, just a work in progress!
Just improve weekly and everything works out! Only thing that matters is the wins doesn't matter how ugly it is.

Prouddragondad

September 24, 2018, 06:36:03 pm #14 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:09:39 pm by Prouddragondad

I'm sorry but I really don't think Hector has anyone that can catch #5 or #14 if they turn the corner. No one could catch them last year and don't see it happening this year. There are guys on this thread that have seen them 2 run and will agree. With that said it really doesn't matter cause Burg not worried about Hector right now just trying to get ready for Lavaca.

Prouddragondad

I agree Mtburg needs to improve the defense. I will say this though they are only playing 1 guy both ways. Coach has done this before with the first couple of games because of the heat. Now that it's cooler I think you will see other guys seeing time on both sides of the ball. Last year when conference started up Burg started playing several both ways so wouldn't be surprise to see it this Friday against Lavaca.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 24, 2018, 06:36:03 pm

I'm sorry but I really don't think Hector has anyone that can catch #5 or #14 if they turn the corner. No one could catch them last year and don't see it happening this year. There are guys on this thread that have seen them 2 run and will agree. With that said it really doesn't matter cause Burg not worried about Hector right now just trying to get ready for Lavaca.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 24, 2018, 06:36:03 pm
I'm not a betting man but I believe #10 for us is the same way. I'll save all that talking for when that game comes though lol

Coach Jones

I have seen Mtburg in a couple films, and they are a really good 2A team.   Should be the favorite in the conference.  Also had Hector in a team camp.  They had size and speed.  Should come down to the wire.

alaskanstorm

September 24, 2018, 07:35:46 pm #19 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:16:00 pm by alaskanstorm
Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 24, 2018, 11:28:03 am
I hope you don't think the winner of this game will be conference champs cause both teams still have to play Mountainburg and I promise you the Burg will have a say in who wins the conference.

I thought the title of the thread was pretty self explanatory.  Let's be real the only two teams in this conference with a history of making deep playoff runs is hector and the 'zine.  The rattlers are primed to retake their spot in the pecking order.  I would be surprised if mt burg didn't have at least 2 loses going in to week 10.  I'm just upset I had to take the time to explain it before today's inspirational Long Yang flashback. 

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Coach Jones on September 24, 2018, 07:32:17 pm
I have seen Mtburg in a couple films, and they are a really good 2A team.   Should be the favorite in the conference.  Also had Hector in a team camp.  They had size and speed.  Should come down to the wire.

There you go running down the rattlers,  that didn't take much time.

alaskanstorm

10-28-2011 the rattlers invaded the 'burg. The rattlers first possession seemed to be stalling do to an offensive penalty making in 4th and goal from the 17.  Thats when Long Yang caught a slant and before getting drilled by the linebacker did a reverse spin, then lowered his shoulder planting the free safety on his backside and scampered in for the touchdown.  Then as the 'burgs possession stalled at their own 48,  Big S M blocked the punt which Magazine's Long Yang scooped up and returned 37 yards for the TD.   AND the drumming was on rattler 35 burg 7

Prouddragondad

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 24, 2018, 07:35:46 pm
I thought the title of the thread was pretty self explanatory.  Let's be real the only two teams in this conference with a history of making deep playoff runs is hector and the 'zine.  The rattlers are primed to retake the spot in the pecking order.  I would be surprised if mt burg didn't have at least 2 loses going in to week 10.  I'm just upset I had to take the time to explain it before today's inspirational Long Yang flashback. 
You have made me laugh at your ridiculous post today but we will have our chance to go back and forth later this season. I hate to tell you this but I believe your so called title run will come to a end next Friday.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Chief Sitting Dragon on September 24, 2018, 02:48:04 pm
I agree with you but if you noticed one problem Burg has is the offense scores very quickly. Most of our TD's are on 1 or 2 plays so the defense never gets to rest much. The defense is almost playing the whole game. It's a good problem to have with a quick scoring offense but when the defense is considered the weak spot you don't want them on the field that much. I really think you will see a better defense going forward.

RATTLER43

The 'storm returns with a vengeance....   I saw Long Friday night.  I will have to tell him to get on here to read this stuff!

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 24, 2018, 08:11:40 pm
You have made me laugh at your ridiculous post today but we will have our chance to go back and forth later this season. I hate to tell you this but I believe your so called title run will come to a end next Friday.

I don't know what you find ridiculous.  Da burg's ceiling is win a game in the playoff and then get sent home.  The only programs in the conference that can even claiming deep playoff runs is the magazine and hector.  Your post make me feel even better about da burg losing a couple, mediocre to good defenses will always eventually shut down a good o and that is what the rattlers are emphasizing good old fashioned Ray Lewis Baltimore Raven defense.  So go ahead and keep talking up your offense,  I beat schlinker is figuring out what 'burg defensive  lineman he can continually run over to pull the upset this Friday night. All this talk about defense reminds me of another Long Yang motivational story, i'll Share in a little bit.

alaskanstorm

September 25, 2018, 07:24:43 pm #26 Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:12:08 pm by alaskanstorm
It was 2009 when we first got a glimpse of Long Yang's tenacity.  Firist was in mop up time of the rattlers 35-0 win over the hornets, when on hacket's final possession facing 4 and 8 Long Yang hit the receiver in his shins, as he was going up for the catch, causing the receiver to drop the ball as he landed on his head.  Turn over on down and the victory formation ensued.  But the real eye opener was against union Christian for the conference title.  Union scored on their first possession and the rattlers o sputtered on their first drive.  Union was driving again to the rattler 45 when a starting DB got hurt and Long  Yang was called in action.  On the next play Chambers intercepts the pass and goes flying down the sideline.  24 for union had the angle though and was reaching out to make the tackle when BAM out of nowhere Long Yang had sprinted 65 yards and ear holed that sucker, TD rattlers and they didn't look back 34-6.  24 was knocked unconscious and had to leave the game.  Magazines Head Hunting Long Yang.

RATTLER43

Keep em coming...  I never get tired of The Tales of Long Yang!

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 25, 2018, 07:24:43 pm
It was 2009 when we first got a glimpse of Long Yang's tenacity.  Firist was in mop up time of the rattlers 35-0 win over the hornets, when on hacket's final possession facing 4 and 8 Long Yang hit the receiver in his shins, as he was going up for the catch, causing the receiver to drop the ball as he landed on his head.  Turn over on down and the victory formation ensued.  But the real eye opener was against union Christian for the conference title.  Union scored on their first possession and the rattlers o sputtered on their first drive.  Union was driving again to the rattler 45 when a starting DB got hurt and Long  Yang was called in action.  On the next play Chambers intercepts the pass and goes flying down the sideline.  24 for union had the angle though and was reaching out to make the tackle when BAM out of nowhere Long Yang had sprinted 65 yards and ear holed that sucker, TD rattlers and they didn't look back 34-6.  24 was knocked unconscious and had to leave the game.  Magazines Head Hunting Long Yang.
I Always wondered where you were from lol but I didn't realize yang and chamber twins were back or their kids lol

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2018, 08:21:40 pm
I Always wondered where you were from lol but I didn't realize yang and chamber twins were back or their kids lol

Oh no it is worse than that. We have ourselves a 'storm backed rattler football team.  Something that hasn't fully happened since 2013.  Can some one remind me who the rattlers beat that year, my mind is a little hazy with the Long Yang facts.

RATTLER43

During Long Yang's career in senior high football, he only lost to Murfreesboro and to Junction City twice.  There may be one or two more, but those are the only ones I remember.  It is sooooo much easier to recount the few losses than all of those wins led by the Amazing Long Yang.      2013 was led by Long's cousin Charly Moua.  We were conference runner-up. The comeback win at Mountainburg was incredible.  Could not have occurred if Long Yang had not showed up toward the end of the 2nd quarter with 'burg up by three TDs, went in and gave a rousing Lombardi type halftime speech to rally the troops. Having played a great second half, the boys were still down by 5 with 45 seconds to go and 'burg with 1st and 10 and the Rattlers out of timeouts, Long Yang yells from the stands at the top of his voice somehow transforming Charly Moua who hit that 248 pound QB that 'burg had forcing the ball to pop up in the air. Somehow Moua comes up with the recovery as well.  On 3rd and 14 with 7 seconds to go, Moua breaks off a 78 yard TD scamper pointing at Long Yang as he races by and wins the game.  Even after graduation, Long Yang continued to affect the outcome of games....

alaskanstorm

Quote from: RATTLER43 on September 26, 2018, 07:24:35 am
During Long Yang's career in senior high football, he only lost to Murfreesboro and to Junction City twice.  There may be one or two more, but those are the only ones I remember.  It is sooooo much easier to recount the few losses than all of those wins led by the Amazing Long Yang.      2013 was led by Long's cousin Charly Moua.  We were conference runner-up. The comeback win at Mountainburg was incredible.  Could not have occurred if Long Yang had not showed up toward the end of the 2nd quarter with 'burg up by three TDs, went in and gave a rousing Lombardi type halftime speech to rally the troops. Having played a great second half, the boys were still down by 5 with 45 seconds to go and 'burg with 1st and 10 and the Rattlers out of timeouts, Long Yang yells from the stands at the top of his voice somehow transforming Charly Moua who hit that 248 pound QB that 'burg had forcing the ball to pop up in the air. Somehow Moua comes up with the recovery as well.  On 3rd and 14 with 7 seconds to go, Moua breaks off a 78 yard TD scamper pointing at Long Yang as he races by and wins the game.  Even after graduation, Long Yang continued to affect the outcome of games....

thanks for filling us in on that interesting piece of trivia.  It made me remember another piece of Long Yang brilliance.

alaskanstorm

September 26, 2018, 01:38:36 pm #32 Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:42:51 pm by alaskanstorm
11-26-2010 and one of those scary teams which causes semi average teams, like da ' burg, knees to buckle and get sent home in the second round, made their way to the pit, the Carlisle Bison.  The next series of event has lead to Chamber's and the Doc's names being household throughout the state.  Late in the second quarter the rattler were clinging to a 16-13 lead when their drive appeared to have stalled at the rattler 42 yard line.  The Doc called max protect punt formation.  Chambers relaid the call in the huddle when Long Yang took control.  He said "to heck with the Doc, Chambers we have to score right now and put these boys away."  At which point Chambers said "okay this ones on you Yang."  At which point the rattlers ran a reverse pass out of their punt formation and Long Yang like a rocket race 58 yards untouched for the TD.    Magazine's Long Yang

'ziners 41 bison 20

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 25, 2018, 08:21:40 pm

Oh you are mistaken, the Yang Clan is well represented on this years team. The Yang Clan is mean, the Yang Clan will step on your hand after they knock you down, just to amuse themselves.   

DnA Prostaff

I am a firm believer that you have a better chance of making it through the woods if you don't go around poking bears......

I'm sure Hector and Burg will not be surprised by Magazine, and there is probably a little more fuel added to the fire to win now.  Chambers twins and that bunch were special.  They were very gifted athletes and they earned it.  This is not the same caliber team as that one was.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 26, 2018, 02:10:28 pm
I am a firm believer that you have a better chance of making it through the woods if you don't go around poking bears......

I'm sure Hector and Burg will not be surprised by Magazine, and there is probably a little more fuel added to the fire to win now.  Chambers twins and that bunch were special.  They were very gifted athletes and they earned it.  This is not the same caliber team as that one was.
[/quote
Totally agree!

Dragonsvoice

I agree too when the Chamber twins were playing we knew our odds very slim even when the one got hurt we  thought we might have a chance but still we lost.  special players and teams only come around so often in our neck of the woods being the 4-2A. So like I am this try to relish the short time of the season, and hoping for the best! Cause every year you will never know what you have.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 26, 2018, 02:10:28 pm

Poking the bear funny. I have given nothing but props to hector up to this point. As i've Stated da cats and da rattlers are the two big dogs on the porch and the all seeing eye above the pit has been focused to the north east since Saturday.  So I guess I'm confused,  is hector Supposed to be  insulted by this and they are going to defend da burgs honor, like knights in shining armor? 

Secondly pdd and dv this is a thread to help prepare the rattlers for next weeks champioship game against the cats by remembering the feats of unsung hero's like Long Yang.  Which reminds me of the 2011 Salem game.  The hounds ran a quick pitch left, unfortunately for their running back, Long Yang was jumping the snap on a blitz and met that jabroni head on with an ear defending CRACK Long Yang had caved that poor RB face mask in so bad it was molded to his face.  They had to get the screwdrivers out to be able to take off his helmet.  Ziners 34 Salem 2. Magazines House of Pain Long Yang

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 26, 2018, 09:21:07 pm
Poking the bear funny. I have given nothing but props to hector up to this point. As i've Stated da cats and da rattlers are the two big dogs on the porch and the all seeing eye above the pit has been focused to the north east since Saturday.  So I guess I'm confused,  is hector Supposed to be  insulted by this and they are going to defend da burgs honor, like knights in shining armor? 

Secondly pdd and dv this is a thread to help prepare the rattlers for next weeks champioship game against the cats by remembering the feats of unsung hero's like Long Yang.  Which reminds me of the 2011 Salem game.  The hounds ran a quick pitch left, unfortunately for their running back, Long Yang was jumping the snap on a blitz and met that jabroni head on with an ear defending CRACK Long Yang had caved that poor RB face mask in so bad it was molded to his face.  They had to get the screwdrivers out to be able to take off his helmet.  Ziners 34 Salem 2. Magazines House of Pain Long Yang
Nobody from Hector has said a word. We are focused on HC this week

DnA Prostaff

At this point do the Rattlers have a commemorative trophy for Long Yang?  I mean he was better than Joe Heisman!
He was Heisman and Warren Sapp rolled into one!

Where did he play college ball?

alaskanstorm

Every since the colleges went to these silly measurement, rather than accomplishments and heart,  the fact he stood at 4 foot 7 held him back.  Which brings his accomplishments into perspective for those of you who never got to witness his greatness.

alaskanstorm

September 27, 2018, 10:59:03 am #41 Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:11:38 pm by alaskanstorm
well, I never believed in those super human x-men mutations you hear about,  until the arrival of Long Yang.  When he put on those shoulder pads it was like he literally doubled in size and became a mini-hulk.  which brings me to the 2010-2011 conference championship games.

Going into 2010 the rattlers were the clear favorite, with Donnie Jack's squad a distant second all they needed was a functional QB.  As fortune would smile on him Danvilles new stat of the art medical facility provided and the rest is the stuff of legends.

In 2010 the rattlers were down to the small johns 24-21 with the small johns driving to put away the game and that is when it happened.  Long yang flashes in front of the receiver at the intercepts the pass at the rattler 17. He then proceeds to do a Felix Jones juke which causes the small johns o-linmand 63 to do a face plant, before race 78 yards where Long yang has to lateral it chambers who carries it in for the final score 28-24 and 83 yard TD rattlers!!!!

then in 2011 after chambers was taken out by a late hit in the third, the rattlers needed to hold serve and  score twice to secure the victory.  The rattlers forced a small john punt early in the fourth which was returned by Long Yang 64 yards for a rattler TD after Long Yang stiff arms literally planting two small john defenders in the dirt.  On the rattlers next defensive possession on 3rd n 2 BIG SM had wrapped up the small john QB  by the ankle when in came Long Yang to finish him off with a blistering Head Shot.  The rattlers had to fair catch the punt and on the next possession that when it happened.  The rattler were at the small john 48 and ran sweep right.  NOOOO it is a slot reverse to Long Yang,  who breaks a tackle and then throws a 48 yard DART to chambers 2.0  on a post flag route TD rattlers and the confernce championship secured.  Magazines Long Yang

'ziners 35 small johns 28

Tomorrow we will recount the second 2010 small john confrontation but 43 might need to recount that one, as I had already polished of two champagne bottles of Cristal so my memory might be a little foggy. 

AmazingAsian21

RATTLER43

I remember it well but think I would really enjoy reading your version!!!

alaskanstorm

I'll do my best 43 I remember vividly how the game started but you will probably want to take it were i leave off tomorrow to do some name dropping.  I'll go ahead and explain why my head is foggy on some the the detail.  First let me say the storm is far from perfect and the story i'm about to tale should be taken as an example of how not to behave kids.

So the night before the state championship game me and my buddy, who i'll from here on will refer to as the Italian,  were going to met up in little rock and throw down some spirits.  Well as I'm getting ready to go, the Italian calls me and say  "hey theres this new guy from my work that has kinda invited himself along,  he is kinda funny though,  likes to talk trash, he is a cajun."  So i said "what the heck bring him along."  It didn't take me long after meeting this cajun that i realized he indeed liked to talk trash.  He was going off about "how his high school team was great and Arkansas football as whole high school and college stunk and how he could drink me and the Italian under the table."  So the challenge was thrown down and accepted.  Well needless to say this joker passed flat out by 2100.  The Italian looks at me and i already new what he was thinking and to this day there is a 6'4 257 lb Cajun down in Louisiana with a Tramp Stamp that says:

I Luv
       Mi
  Sma Jonn

alaskanstorm

So bright and early the next morning I met the Italian down in the lobby for breakfast before we head out.  After we've finished the Cajun still hasn't showed up, so we go to check on him and he is still out cold.  Well as any from Arkansas can attest to you cannot miss the pregame festivities at a war memorial stadium game with out tail gating at the 18th green.  Therefore, we did the only logical thing, we left him there.  I was getting tired of this LSU fan Cajun anyway all he did was talk LSU speed this and LSU speed that, blah and plus he reeked of corndogs, actually reminds me of PDD now that i think of it.  anyway back to the story.

So me and the Italian set up shop on the 18th green and are cooking are barbecue when out of nowhere these two guys from the west side of the river in their small john green had launched a couple miniature white baseballs at use and then started approaching us waving these flimsy metal sticks.  They told the Italian he was going to get a taste of what the small johns were going to dish out if we didn't get out of the way.  I laughed because well that was just funny.  I polity informed this fellow, like I did all the small john posters that week, it wasn't even going to be a game, because DP is a defensive genius and they should of beat the rattlers the first time because today the small john are going to get completely shutdown.  Well by the time I had finished the Italina had reached down and swiped up both their little white balls and tossed one into the creek.  By this time there was a crowd forming around the green watching in amazement at the  audacity of these two fellows who started throwing out expletive this, expletive that and we're a going to kick your expletive, expletive, expletive, expletive (kinda like BF);  Well the next thing I now the Italian bit the other white ball in half, reached out grabbed that guys little metal stick and proceed to use it to tie a bow tie around that small Johns skinny little neck, at which point they both tucked tail and ran.  The crowed still watching in awe at what just happened dispersed and we didn't have any trouble the rest of the day as the Cristal bang to flow.

Which brings use to the second 2010 encounter with Donnie Jack's goon squad. Well as everyone knows and I hate there is really no in the balance drama that played out in this game because the 'storm was right it was an old time beat down you only witness every so often in your life.  However,  that didn't prevent Long Yang from setting the tone for the game.  After the rattlers won the toss and elected to kick,  the small Johns were putting together an impressive first drive.  The small Johns had just breached the fifty yard line when it happened. On the next play Long Yang blitzed from the blindside, hurdled the small Johns 5'12 rb trying to chop block him, let out an earpiercing "Banzai" yell, before planting his facemask dead center of the small john QB shoulder blades, bending him into the shape of a C and the ball was on the ground; Which, the rattlers linebacker picked up and raced 56 yards for the initial TD of the game and the rout was on, in what seemed like the fasted 48 minutes of football i have ever watched.

'ziners 48 sma jonn's 20

alaskanstorm

And that ladies and gentleman is where the legend of Magazine's Long Yang must end for now.

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 28, 2018, 07:23:09 am
And that ladies and gentleman is where the legend of Magazine's Long Yang must end for now.
Unless I am mistaken, the first fumble return (of several, unfortunately) was on a backwards pass that the Danville receiver didn't realize was a live ball and didn't pick up.  Not quite how you make it sound.  But I am enjoying your stories.

alaskanstorm

September 28, 2018, 01:16:33 pm #48 Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:17:47 pm by alaskanstorm
Quote from: Danvillegrad77 on September 28, 2018, 12:32:07 pm
Unless I am mistaken, the first fumble return (of several, unfortunately) was on a backwards pass that the Danville receiver didn't realize was a live ball and didn't pick up.  Not quite how you make it sound.  But I am enjoying your stories.

No, no D77 i remember the following series of events vividly:  the coin flip, the rattler kick off, a blood curdling BANZAI, followed by a KA BAM, fumble recovery for TD rattlers and then before you knew it was 48-20 rattlers over small johns, all she wrote.

RATTLER43

I, too, am enjoying these stories.     Hopefully, the tales resume next week and leading up to Mtburg game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas