• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny Beale ( Cross County).

Started by mr.gametime, July 15, 2023, 07:26:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

Here is another D1 talent to keep an eye on this season  class of 2026 ...6'4 ..300lbs OL/DL Danny Beale of Cross County.  Currently has offers from UAPB, Southeast Missouri and Mississippi State.

mr.gametime

Update on recruiting...has picked up offers from Ole Miss, Auburn and today one from Arkansas.

big E

Goober

I definitely don't want to bash a kid and no doubt Beale has tremendous upside but he has a long ways to go before he plays D 1 football. Not sure he starts at a good high school program right now. I am cheering for him and hope he reaches his potential.

Missco

Their has to be something there. With that many offers the coaches see something. D-1 schools don't offer many scrubs, lol.

JBtiger01

Coaches usually offer based on potential for a kid that size. and by him being so young, they'll be monitoring his progress. remember, there are 2 different types of offers. non-committal offers and certified offers. non-committal offers are usually offered to freshmen and sophomores, and it's usually offered as a show of interest for the coaches to follow the progress of a kid coming through the high school ranks. only an actual or certified offer that comes from and is approved by the institution, is the only one that really matters. they offer many kids early on. only to see that there has been little to no progression. Mississippi State offered a kid here in Little Rock 2 years ago. but this past season, the kid regressed, and his offer was pulled even before they made their recent coaching change. so, it's ultimately up to the kid and the coaching staff to get this kid to that level. and from playing under Paschal myself at Brinkley, I'm already knowing that the young man will get to that point and then some.

Goober

That is exactly right about the offers. I never said kid can't get there just said he has a long ways to go. He has all the tools.

JBtiger01

Quote from: Goober on January 25, 2024, 02:47:48 pmThat is exactly right about the offers. I never said kid can't get there just said he has a long ways to go. He has all the tools.

trust me, I knew what you meant

Lionsquatch

Quote from: Goober on January 25, 2024, 02:47:48 pmThat is exactly right about the offers. I never said kid can't get there just said he has a long ways to go. He has all the tools.
This is how I am about any 2A player receiving offers from D1 schools.  I'm always rooting for them but always skeptical and it usually just comes from the measurables of the kids. Height, weight, speed, etc. but I've seen a lot of these kids who get the offers that are big and fast but just straight up terrible at football itself.  There was a kid from Hampton and then Magnolia like that.  Ended up getting multiple chances at big schools and was strong as crap but never good at the actual sport lol

Legend5117

Just picked up another offer from the University of Georgia bulldog

mr.gametime

Quote from: Legend5117 on January 29, 2024, 12:49:03 pmJust picked up another offer from the University of Georgia bulldog

that's awesome...is he staying at cross county this season?

Goober

Congratulations but how many kids his size across the country are getting these offers. Hope Beale figures things out but he has a long ways to go before he starts on a really good High School team. Not sure he even made all conference in 2A this year. I think playing basketball will help his agility though. I hope Beale makes it to the pros and starts pushing himself.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Goober on January 29, 2024, 01:21:54 pmCongratulations but how many kids his size across the country are getting these offers. Hope Beale figures things out but he has a long ways to go before he starts on a really good High School team. Not sure he even made all conference in 2A this year. I think playing basketball will help his agility though. I hope Beale makes it to the pros and starts pushing himself.

I think the bigger question would be how many players across the country that are his size that's not getting this offers? Probably thousands...

Goober

That is fair also. I am not bashing Beale at all but I hope he is not getting caught up in the headlines as a sophomore because lots of offers get thrown around and when it comes to their sr year offers are not there. Especially with transfer portals now lots of kids getting left out. If you think Georgia is holding an offer for Beale right now for 2 more years then you don't understand recruiting. So point I am trying to make he is going to have to prove it on the field not just on potential. Right now offers are based on his potential.

Chief 67

My two cents.....not bashing either!  He would be wise to go back to Wynne and play at a higher level of competition!  Additionally, he needs to be coached and learn technique!  It is easy in 2A to just be big and maybe fast to disrupt a game/be a stud!  When he, kids like him, get to the next level.....they are all big, strong and fast!  What will he do then?

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Chief 67 on January 30, 2024, 07:28:08 amMy two cents.....not bashing either!  He would be wise to go back to Wynne and play at a higher level of competition!  Additionally, he needs to be coached and learn technique!  It is easy in 2A to just be big and maybe fast to disrupt a game/be a stud!  When he, kids like him, get to the next level.....they are all big, strong and fast!  What will he do then?

He'll be coached by Van Paschal. His talent development & technique development process won't be hindered I'm sure.

mr.gametime

Goober

I sure hope he reaches his potential. Just curious did Beale go straight back to off-season football when he left the basketball team or did he have to go to study hall? In Wynne kids quit a sport they go to study hall until that season is over.

FoxandHound34

Quote from: Goober on February 05, 2024, 02:57:16 pmI sure hope he reaches his potential. Just curious did Beale go straight back to off-season football when he left the basketball team or did he have to go to study hall? In Wynne kids quit a sport they go to study hall until that season is over.
Why wouldn't he go straight to off-season football. No offense but if I am starting to get D-1 offers for football, and the hoops team is not very good, I would not waste my time with it tbh. CC basketball is 5-17, can't blame a kid for wanting to jump start the off season lol

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Goober on February 05, 2024, 02:57:16 pmI sure hope he reaches his potential. Just curious did Beale go straight back to off-season football when he left the basketball team or did he have to go to study hall? In Wynne kids quit a sport they go to study hall until that season is over.

I'm sure Cross County let the D1 recruit go straight to football off-season.

If Wynne faced the exact situation, surely they would have used common sense as well.

Let it go, Goober. Wynne is going to be fine.

Goober

Trust me Leo did not ask question based on anything to do with Wynne. You're right Wynne is going to be fine. I asked the question just to see if anybody at CC holding anyone accountable up there. Foxhound attitudes like that is what is ruining sports today. All about I now. Totally agree Wynne is going to be fine and seriously I think Beale is right where he needs to be. Lot easier up there. Plus he has lots of family up there. No hard feelings about it at all from me.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Goober on February 05, 2024, 06:59:25 pmTrust me Leo did not ask question based on anything to do with Wynne. You're right Wynne is going to be fine. I asked the question just to see if anybody at CC holding anyone accountable up there. Foxhound attitudes like that is what is ruining sports today. All about I now. Totally agree Wynne is going to be fine and seriously I think Beale is right where he needs to be. Lot easier up there. Plus he has lots of family up there. No hard feelings about it at all from me.

I figure VP will have them playing lights out this year. NEA has some premiere 2A teams in CC, MT, and EPC.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Leo Marvin on February 06, 2024, 12:12:05 pmI figure VP will have them playing lights out this year. NEA has some premiere 2A teams in CC, MT, and EPC.

Don't know how EPC will be this season w/o Gaines, I think they'll be competitive but not as good as they have been the past two years

mr.gametime

Picked up two more huge offers from Texas A&M and USC.

Goober

Definitely not trying to be mean or downgrade the kid at all. He needs to concentrate on dominating 2A football for now and getting better. Offers now are nice but they will not be here if he doesn't get to work. He has all the tools to be that good now just prove it.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Goober on February 29, 2024, 07:29:35 amDefinitely not trying to be mean or downgrade the kid at all. He needs to concentrate on dominating 2A football for now and getting better. Offers now are nice but they will not be here if he doesn't get to work. He has all the tools to be that good now just prove it.

Let it go, Goober

Goober

Leo I have no idea what you mean by let it go. I am glad the kid is where he is happy. Wynne is just fine if that is what you mean. My point being is he didn't even make all conference or state this year and his scholarship offers or strictly off of future potential. I am just saying he just needs to keep focused and keep working his tail off. So if that is bad advice then you are just an idiot.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Goober on February 29, 2024, 10:52:52 amLeo I have no idea what you mean by let it go. I am glad the kid is where he is happy. Wynne is just fine if that is what you mean. My point being is he didn't even make all conference or state this year and his scholarship offers or strictly off of future potential. I am just saying he just needs to keep focused and keep working his tail off. So if that is bad advice then you are just an idiot.

You seem a little jaded towards the group that left Wynne and I can understand that.

panther07

Quote from: Leo Marvin on February 29, 2024, 11:33:26 amYou seem a little jaded towards the group that left Wynne and I can understand that.

Just jaded period.

Goober

Trust me I don't like the recruiting that went on and especially after they used the tornado situation to their advantage and mislead with false information. Especially a coach up there and a coach that left here were some of the main ones encouraging kids to leave. Now saying that I don't hold animosity towards the kids at all. Seems like some that left are very happy and if they are I want them to be where they are happy. We have had a few that we're not happy moved back and glad they are back. Point I am trying to make about Beale is he has all the God giving tools to play a high level college football, no doubt. Now it is time for him to show it on the field and dominate especially 2A football and I am not sure he did last year. I am trying to motivate the kid. I am pulling for him to do well. Seriously Wynne is fine on the OL and DL. Not saying we could not use him but we are fine. Now glad Crawford kid moved back because that is where Wynne needs more depth at is the athletic positions. Seriously I tried to point out in my last post I was not trying to be mean or downgrade the kid. Go Beale go!!!

Lionsquatch

You think these teams who are offering him have watched any film or just going based off his measurables? Honest question because I can't find just a whole lot of film on him.  Wondering if the offers are just potential or if his play has actually earned them

Ivan

They'd better hope Parkview coaches can't find Cherry Valley on a map

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Ivan on March 05, 2024, 02:47:17 pmThey'd better hope Parkview coaches can't find Cherry Valley on a map
Yea I was wondering how many offers he was getting from high schools.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Lionsquatch on March 04, 2024, 10:45:23 amYou think these teams who are offering him have watched any film or just going based off his measurables? Honest question because I can't find just a whole lot of film on him.  Wondering if the offers are just potential or if his play has actually earned them

He has attended some of the top football camps in the country and has gone up against some of the best players at these camps....that is a gateway for a player to start getting recruited

mr.gametime

Quote from: Ivan on March 05, 2024, 02:47:17 pmThey'd better hope Parkview coaches can't find Cherry Valley on a map

They've already filled their roster with North Little Rock and Joe T Robinson players 🤣🤣🤣...

mr.gametime

Picked up another offer from Missouri

mr.gametime

Picked up another offer from SMU

after winning M.V.P at the All American Camp in Dallas as the best IOL

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 12, 2024, 02:34:27 pmPicked up another offer from SMU

after winning M.V.P at the All American Camp in Dallas as the best IOL

oh, but he isn't working hard enough with his talent, he needs to get to working that butt off to be this D1 athlete everyone has him out to be  ::)

Lionsquatch

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on March 13, 2024, 08:01:07 amoh, but he isn't working hard enough with his talent, he needs to get to working that butt off to be this D1 athlete everyone has him out to be  ::)
To be fair there is a difference between dominating a camp and playing actual football when the pads are on.  Some people can't play actual football but can show out without pads.  Likewise, some people can flat out play ball but never get noticed at camps.  Hopefully Beale's got it though cause it's awesome to see a 2A guy get this much attention

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Lionsquatch on March 13, 2024, 11:11:12 amTo be fair there is a difference between dominating a camp and playing actual football when the pads are on.  Some people can't play actual football but can show out without pads.  Likewise, some people can flat out play ball but never get noticed at camps.  Hopefully Beale's got it though cause it's awesome to see a 2A guy get this much attention

I think Cross County plays @ Des Arc this season. If Hazen's away/open that week, I might have to go see what the dude's all about.

mr.gametime

Carl Spackler

CC was 6-5 in 2a football with two OL/DL men with multiple D1 offers. Something doesn't add up.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Carl Spackler on March 25, 2024, 08:27:15 pmCC was 6-5 in 2a football with two OL/DL men with multiple D1 offers. Something doesn't add up.

Could be something to do with the offensive coaching. I've never seen a run-heavy team line up in shotgun so much.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas