• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks for the Memories #12...

Started by MA, March 08, 2016, 07:14:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SackAttack

Enjoyed watching him play yesterday. I hope Mike Anderson caught some of it. You missed again Mike

WPWells

How many times are people going to keep saying that in their opinion Anderson missed? We get it. He's a good player and we wish him the best of luck at Wichita State, but give it a rest!

SackAttack

I agree we need to give it a rest BUT you have to admit it is a pattern that cannot be denied.

LHHC

ACE

Saw this kid play against Charleston last year. This kid is the real deal. I am now a Wichita State fan and have enjoyed watching him play so far. Hope his injury is not serious.

Basketballfan13

I saw where they played him in their last game so I think he will bounce back from it just fine. Just going to be an on going issue that he will have to get use to happening. The more it happens the more he will get use to popping it back into place and jumping right back out there. I was told he wanted to go back into the game against Michigan St. but the coaches chose not to risk it.

Ctucker

Reaves having good game today against Oklahoma!

CoolBreeze

December 10, 2016, 05:36:36 pm #58 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 05:43:11 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: Ctucker on December 10, 2016, 04:29:35 pm
Reaves having good game today against Oklahoma!
8 points on 3 of 5 shooting, 2 of 4 from 3. Also 2 rebounds and 2 assists.

The Dynasty

December 14, 2016, 10:34:08 am #59 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:39:41 am by The Dynasty
Quote from: TheSpecial on November 23, 2016, 11:10:29 pm
http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article115911313.html

Wichita appreciates his grind hard attitude.

Great article. Watched him play us in the state finals last year. Great player and seemed like a GREAT kid. Hope he has a Baker type career once he is through.

As far as not being a Hog. In my opinion he is too much of a basketball player to play for MA. He doesn't fit into MA's "system".... Plus, who wants to play in front of 5k every home game?

"Arkansas assistant coach Melvin Watkins called in March, Reaves said, with an offer for a walk-on spot...." This is laughable. A perennial top 25 program offers this kid a full ride and a terrible Razorback team's assistant coach calls and tells him he can walk on? It actually makes perfect sense!!!!!

RedWolf275

Great points Dynasty! And very true.

Basketballfan13

None of the local D2 schools wanted his brother Spencer either. I was just looking up his stats for the year at Central Missouri which is a D2 school. They are 6-2 on the season, he is averaging 18ppg, 4.4rpg. Shooting 58% from the field, 52% from 3, and 90% from ft. Would have been a very good pick up for a harding or tech.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 14, 2016, 02:51:15 pm
None of the local D2 schools wanted his brother Spencer either. I was just looking up his stats for the year at Central Missouri which is a D2 school. They are 6-2 on the season, he is averaging 18ppg, 4.4rpg. Shooting 58% from the field, 52% from 3, and 90% from ft. Would have been a very good pick up for a harding or tech.

Crazy!!!! Makes you wonder if these coaches even know where some of these high schools are.

Longfellow

The older brother would've been a great pickup for Tech, but his recruitment fell right in the middle of the scandal that ended with Tech getting all of those penalties and losing scholarships. Since then, Tech has relied on walk-ons and grad transfers

ISU7

Quote from: SackAttack on November 24, 2016, 06:10:43 pm
I agree we need to give it a rest BUT you have to admit it is a pattern that cannot be denied.
If an Arkansas high school player want to play in-state they will, its their choice not the College team coach.

neaguru

Quote from: ISU7 on December 14, 2016, 07:39:52 pm
If an Arkansas high school player want to play in-state they will, its their choice not the College team coach.
Not if the school doesn't offer them. It would be stupid to go to a school just because it's in state over a school that's going to pay for your college.

The Dynasty

Quote from: neaguru on December 14, 2016, 08:05:39 pm
Not if the school doesn't offer them. It would be stupid to go to a school just because it's in state over a school that's going to pay for your college.

BINGO!!!!

SackAttack

I am loving this thread!! Addressing issues that have existed in Arkansas for way too long. Especially on the HILL.

WPWells

Guess no one has bothered watching Arkansas play this year. You'd all rather just sit back and bash

Ctucker

I've watched them it's hard to watch but I do because it's Arkansas.I think Witchita Stae was a better fit for Reaves! I try to catch all of his games too.

SackAttack

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 14, 2016, 09:18:14 pm
Guess no one has bothered watching Arkansas play this year. You'd all rather just sit back and bash
There is a difference between bashing and feeling can we say concerned about direction. I was good with everything until I attended an open practice last year and saw things that I just didnt like. I wont go into all that but I just ask if you really want to see things from 20/20 go take in a practice and ask yourself would Randy Terry or Randy Loyd or John Parrish(some of the notables out that way)let that go on. NO NO and NO

The Dynasty

Quote from: WPWells on December 14, 2016, 09:18:14 pm

They played an average Minnesota team(spare me the "they are 11-1 talk" because they haven't played anyone) and we shot 43% from the field, 12% from 3 and had 21 turnovers. It's like watching Sunday night ball at Charleston. I've watched MA since he has been on the hill and I'm still not sure what we are trying to accomplish on the offensive end of the floor. It's terrible basketball. Then add to that, we aren't getting the in state kids to stay at home. I'm not even talking Monk, we'd be better if we'd have gotten Mitchell Smith and Reaves last year. But Melvin Watkins called and offered him a walk on spot. MELVIN WATKINS!!!!!!!!!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: WPWells on December 14, 2016, 09:18:14 pm

You've been drinking the kook-aid for far to long.

RTF

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/dec/15/arkansans-hold-court-20161215/

Intreresting article about Bball talent in Arkansas. You would think The Hogs could have had some better team success.

SackAttack

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 15, 2016, 08:54:29 am
They played an average Minnesota team(spare me the "they are 11-1 talk" because they haven't played anyone) and we shot 43% from the field, 12% from 3 and had 21 turnovers. It's like watching Sunday night ball at Charleston. I've watched MA since he has been on the hill and I'm still not sure what we are trying to accomplish on the offensive end of the floor. It's terrible basketball. Then add to that, we aren't getting the in state kids to stay at home. I'm not even talking Monk, we'd be better if we'd have gotten Mitchell Smith and Reaves last year. But Melvin Watkins called and offered him a walk on spot. MELVIN WATKINS!!!!!!!!!
Ive never agreed with a post than I do this one.
Mike: Melvin wake up
Melvin: what for Mike??
Mike: I need you to call a recruit
Melvin: Get TJ to do it
Mike:I cant find TJ I dont know where he is
Melvin: Ok if I can find my phone and glasses> Who do you want me to call
Mike Call the Reeves kid at Cedar Ridge
Melvin:Who??
Mike: Well theres this kid at Cedar Ridge thats a good player
Melvin;Is that in Memphis?
Mike: No its somewhere in Northeast Arkansas Im not exactly sure
Melvin: Ok but Im gonna take another quick nap first
Mike: Cool cool Im not sure if he can play for us but somebody named Jeff Long said we might ought to call him.
Melvin:Who the $%#^is Jeff Long?
This is probably true on some level I guarantee it!!!

The Dynasty

Quote from: SackAttack on December 15, 2016, 05:44:54 pm
Ive never agreed with a post than I do this one.
Mike: Melvin wake up
Melvin: what for Mike??
Mike: I need you to call a recruit
Melvin: Get TJ to do it
Mike:I cant find TJ I dont know where he is
Melvin: Ok if I can find my phone and glasses> Who do you want me to call
Mike Call the Reeves kid at Cedar Ridge
Melvin:Who??
Mike: Well theres this kid at Cedar Ridge thats a good player
Melvin;Is that in Memphis?
Mike: No its somewhere in Northeast Arkansas Im not exactly sure
Melvin: Ok but Im gonna take another quick nap first
Mike: Cool cool Im not sure if he can play for us but somebody named Jeff Long said we might ought to call him.
Melvin:Who the $%#^is Jeff Long?
This is probably true on some level I guarantee it!!!

Lol. Classic!!!!

Bigleague

SackAttack

Ctucker

Austin scored 14 against Bradley he was 4-4 from 3 and 2-2 from the line.

SackAttack

Any word on how he has been doing lately?? Havent heard a great deal!

Basketballfan13

I think I saw where he had 11pts and 3 steals in yesterday's game.

Brian G

Just click on this link then on individual stats then click his name to check his stats.

http://www.goshockers.com/cumestats.aspx?path=m_bkb&year=2016&;

SackAttack

Quote from: B.G. on January 22, 2017, 07:40:22 pm
Just click on this link then on individual stats then click his name to check his stats.

http://www.goshockers.com/cumestats.aspx?path=m_bkb&year=2016&;
Modest stats! I was hoping somebody had actually seen some game footage.

Redwolves8526

He's actually been playing really well, and has been logging a few more minutes over the course of the season. Keep in mind, the kid is still really young even for just for being one year out of high school and Wichita is not a one and done school, which means there are Juniors/Seniors above him. Marshall will turn him into a stud once he gains a little weight.

NewRecruit

Put these 3 on the hill and where COULD we be today? Reaves (Witchita State), Monk (Kentucky), Allen (Florida). I'm sorry but the talent is here, and I know we have some Little Rock boys on the team but someone on the hill needs to open their eyes up there!

neds

I do worry about his shoulders. I was watching a game over holiday break when his shoulder popped out on a screen he was working through.
I hope a combo of surgery and strength conditioning can fix this.
Fun player to watch and I enjoy watching his success

CoolBreeze

I watched the Wichita State vs. Loyola-Chicago game yesterday. If I understood correctly, the announcer said Austin Reeves is the best 3-point shooter in the NCAA by percentage.

Longfellow

ESPN has him at 2nd. But he does have fewer attempts than all but one of the top 40

RTF

Quote from: CoolBreeze on February 13, 2017, 12:51:42 pm
I watched the Wichita State vs. Loyola-Chicago game yesterday. If I understood correctly, the announcer said Austin Reeves is the best 3-point shooter in the NCAA by percentage.

Doesn't mean much.. you can have a guy come off the bench and shoot 1 3pointer all season and make it and he would be 100% from 3 for the season. Maybe he means by people that have shot so many three's? That would be more impressive.

TheSpecial

Cutoff is at 40, he has shot 50. Impressive shooting.

Ctucker

Austin is having a career night for witchita state has 23 points at half time 8-9 from the field!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Ctucker on January 28, 2018, 06:13:49 pm
Austin is having a career night for witchita state has 23 points at half time 8-9 from the field!
Good to hear. He's looked pretty good the few times I have watched WSU play.

BoxNOne

Great to see Reeves doing well at Wichita! For the season he is shooting 47% from the 3point line and 89% at the free throw line. Too bad we can't watch him play for someone in Arkansas.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 29, 2018, 08:29:51 am
Great to see Reeves doing well at Wichita! For the season he is shooting 47% from the 3point line and 89% at the free throw line. Too bad we can't watch him play for someone in Arkansas.
As I understand it the Razorbacks didn't want him, and he's playing at a higher level than any other school in Arkansas could provide.

rammer

Quote from: NewRecruit on January 23, 2017, 10:02:55 am
Put these 3 on the hill and where COULD we be today? Reaves (Witchita State), Monk (Kentucky), Allen (Florida). I'm sorry but the talent is here, and I know we have some Little Rock boys on the team but someone on the hill needs to open their eyes up there!
Another one is Kahron Ross, who is now the all time assist leader in the Patriot League. My son was an all-state player a few years ago and played in the same 6A/7A conference with Jonesboro and No. Little Rock. He played against Allen, Beard, and all of those great NLR players. He said Allen was the best overall player but he has never played against a point guard anywhere close to Ross.

Ctucker

Quote from: rammer on January 30, 2018, 01:51:00 pm
  Another one is Kahron Ross, who is now the all time assist leader in the Patriot League. My son was an all-state player a few years ago and played in the same 6A/7A conference with Jonesboro and No. Little Rock. He played against Allen, Beard, and all of those great NLR players. He said Allen was the best overall player but he has never played against a point guard anywhere close to Ross.
Totally agree! Arkansas does not even a guard that I was consider smart enough to be a true point guard!

Ctucker

He is on fire again tonight 4 shots 11 points 3-3 from three and one steal and dunk

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Ctucker on February 01, 2018, 06:22:35 pm
He is on fire again tonight 4 shots 11 points 3-3 from three and one steal and dunk
Reeves finished with 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals. According to ESPN, he played 35 minutes.

Is Frankamp injured? I noticed he played only 10 minutes.

Ice Water

Quote from: CoolBreeze on February 02, 2018, 03:41:43 pm
Reeves finished with 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals. According to ESPN, he played 35 minutes.

Is Frankamp injured? I noticed he played only 10 minutes.

No. Reaves is just playing better right now. Sometimes they play at the same time, but last night wasn't one of those times.

Ctucker

February 07, 2018, 06:15:08 am #99 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:20:04 am by Ctucker
Reaves  scored 22 again last night! Last 3 games he has 23,20 and 22.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas