• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh HC Resigned

Started by InfamousTruth, August 28, 2015, 06:01:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InfamousTruth

NWAchip tweeted out that Shiloh HC Brent Hester resigned today? Cited an opportunity to work with his brothers but he's going to be volunteer for Fayetteville girls team??? What's going on that a guy would resign 2 weeks into the year?

Brian G

HorseFeathers

Any possibility he was forced out?

Brian G

He said he resigned to go into the family business with his brothers.

I think it was him wanting to leave on his own.  Tough job there for a boys basketball coach.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on August 28, 2015, 08:25:50 pm

I think it was him wanting to leave on his own.  Tough job there for a boys basketball coach.

Just seems odd to wait till now to resign, thought there might be some internal stuff that pushed him out

beach bum

Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 09:20:54 pm
Quote from: B.G. on August 28, 2015, 08:25:50 pm

Just seems odd to wait till now to resign, thought there might be some internal stuff that pushed him out

Ronnie Floyd must have not been pleased with someone. That guy has some serious power at that school and up in NWA. In June when I was in town I saw him leave the grocery store in a convertible 70's hot rod car. He is using that tithe money well from the mega church up there  ;D ...... I have heard he has quite the temper. Maybe the old HC couldn't take the heat. They have been sub par in basketball lately. I would never take that job if I was a coach. Stamps was good when I was there playing. I really liked him.

InfamousTruth

Rinnie didn't have anything to do with this. He's been absent from shiloh for a while. As far as the job is concerned I think you're wrong if you think Shiloh is a bad basketball job. The talent is there they just need to get some help from the football team. If Franks can win at PA you should be able to do the same at Shiloh. We're not talking state championships but make the playoffs.

Either way it is terrible for the program. Hester got the job because White left for George the day before school now Hester resigns two weeks in. No way those kids get a quality coach in there now. Shiloh will go the interim route (I don't know who Shiloh has on staff) but my guess is they will finish in the bottom half of the conference and admin will look at the circumstances give him another year and the basketball program will continue to live in mediocrity.

Brian G

InfamousTruth

Quote from: B.G. on August 29, 2015, 09:09:35 am
I like them being mediocre.

Touché.....perspective is everything

Cajun Hog

Good for Coach Hester to get out of there and there is a lot more to this story..... Shiloh at it's finest.....  ::) 

AT

I've heard this is the new coach and I'm not even kidding.

Brian G

WPWells

I know he was at Texas High a couple years ago so I could definitely see it

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas