• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subiaco Basketball

Started by WPWells, March 09, 2015, 07:43:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I think I speak for everyone who is in some way associated with Subi when I say that I'm proud of this team. I'm not a graduate of Subi nor am I Catholic, but I have several very very good friends who graduated from the Academy, and of course Coach Randy Terry was a friend and mentor to me when we were both at Charleston (and he still is). It was sad to see him retire, but I know that he has more time with his wife now and he's happy as an assistant at Subi. From what I know of Coach Tencleve he's a very good man as well. Both of those men deserve to win their first state championship this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Basketball13

Coach Tencleve does more than coach basketball. For anyone who has ever been associated with, or gotten to know Tim, they will tell you he is a great role model and gives students and players values that apply to life as well as basketball. This is a big moment for Subiaco and I personally hope the Trojans can pull off the win Friday. Good luck to the Trojans!

4real

Good luck Trojans!
Great program with great leadership.  There are a lot of folks in the river valley that resent them, but those are the same cowards that resent anyone with success.  Most folks have no idea how hard coach works those boys. They will win 2 to 4 games in jr high each year, but continue to develop them into fine players.

No doubt that Subi may have one of the finest coaching staffs in the state with Tencleve and Terry.  Hopefully this will be their year.

TigerMan2005

And to think this team wasn't even as good as they were last year!

jk

Watched them play for the first time this year at Ozark, very impressed with their attitudes and team play. Good reflection of their coaching staff. Congrats and good luck in finals

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 09, 2015, 07:43:48 pm
I think I speak for everyone who is in some way associated with Subi when I say that I'm proud of this team. I'm not a graduate of Subi nor am I Catholic, but I have several very very good friends who graduated from the Academy, and of course Coach Randy Terry was a friend and mentor to me when we were both at Charleston (and he still is). It was sad to see him retire, but I know that he has more time with his wife now and he's happy as an assistant at Subi. From what I know of Coach Tencleve he's a very good man as well. Both of those men deserve to win their first state championship this year.

Agree 100%.  I have a ton of respect for Coach Tencleve.  I did play against his Subi teams at least twice each year while I was at Clarksville.  Every single game was a war - he always had his kids ready to go.  I have a several friends that graduated from Subi, as well as know some people that are still associated with the program.  I'd love to see them win it all this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas