• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A BOYS STATE BRACKET w/teams

Started by Brian G, February 27, 2016, 10:46:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

I don't follow 6a at all....but what are the matchup to look for in the first two days?

ricepig

Quote from: HF on February 28, 2016, 02:01:21 pm
I don't follow 6a at all....but what are the matchup to look for in the first two days?

Not real sure on the first two days, a Jonesboro/PV semi-final would probably be a toss up with Fayetteville/Bentonville as the best game to watch. I don't know much about Russellville, but would imagine a Russellville/PB matchup would be entertaining. I don't really keep up with the girl side.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2016, 02:38:20 pm
Not real sure on the first two days, a Jonesboro/PV semi-final would probably be a toss up with Fayetteville/Bentonville as the best game to watch. I don't know much about Russellville, but would imagine a Russellville/PB matchup would be entertaining. I don't really keep up with the girl side.

Thanks....like I said idont pay attention to 6a...but this tournament is only 20 minutes from my house so will probably go check it out a night or two...

Central Ark

I think the Siloam/ Benton game will be the best first round game. After that, they should all be great games to watch, just to see the talent on the teams. El Do has 2 D-1s, Parkview a handful, PB has at least 1 in basketball, Jonesboro has a couple. Beats the drive to ICC right, HF.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on February 29, 2016, 09:46:23 pm
I think the Siloam/ Benton game will be the best first round game. After that, they should all be great games to watch, just to see the talent on the teams. El Do has 2 D-1s, Parkview a handful, PB has at least 1 in basketball, Jonesboro has a couple. Beats the drive to ICC right, HF.

8)

I've got a buddy going with me friday to icc...I'll probably be at russellville one or two nights this week though

Central Ark

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on February 29, 2016, 09:55:42 pm
Just make JD take you!

He doesnt get around early enough....ill be at ICC before they unlock the gym doors Friday.

Seriously though, about 6a, I'm kinda excited to see these teams...hopefully they get some rowdy crowds in there too...

Central Ark

I guarantee you will see some of the best basketball players in the state. The 6a South itself is absolutely loaded with talent.

itsslim

Would someone inform me about Russellville, places to see, places to eat

sportsguy80

Quote from: itsslim on March 01, 2016, 10:21:59 am
Would someone inform me about Russellville, places to see, places to eat
Whataburger if it's still there across from the college I believe.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sportsguy80 on March 01, 2016, 10:39:18 am

Places to eat...theirs your usual fast food, plus most of the usual sit down chain restaurants. (ruby tuesday, cracker barrel, IHOP, etc) they you have Whattaburger and cj's burgers

itsslim

HorseFeathers

Quote from: itsslim on March 01, 2016, 11:51:20 am
Ok cool appreciate it

Steak 'n shake just opened yesterday too...zaxbys was supposed to as well but I don't know if it did or not.

Valleysports

Quote from: sportsguy80 on March 01, 2016, 10:39:18 am

If it's still there across from the college I believe? So should you be advising people where to eat in Russellville, when you don't know if the place still exist.  In the 80's I had a spare bedroom off the back side of Whataburger, but I've recently removed Whataburger from my list like so many other locals have.

Valleysports

March 02, 2016, 05:56:23 am #15 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 01:25:53 pm by Valleysports
Help em out here HF.  What do we have 4 exits, 80-84?  Exit 81 is the Arkansas Tech Exit (make sure you see Tech while you're in town). Exit 81 restaurants - CJ's (best burgers) north side of I-40, Crackle Barrel, IHOP, La Huerta (great Mexican), New China (Chinese Buffet), Firehouse (Sandwiches), Ruby Tuesday's, Colton's, Whataburger, an Italian Restaurant, there's a run of fast food joints traveling south of Tech, Taco Johns, Pizza Hutt, other Pizza places, Subway, and STOBYS, downtown FATDADDY's'

That Italian place, by Tech, is La Villa, Wendy's, Long John Silver, Tropical Smoothie Café, Kentucky Fried Chicken, another Chinese place, Las Palmas (Mexican), Donuts, Burger King, McDonald's - all this is still Hwy 7 from Tech going south.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Valleysports on March 02, 2016, 05:40:39 am
If it's still there across from the college I believe? So should you be advising people where to eat in Russellville, when you don't know if the place still exist.  In the 80's I had a spare bedroom off the back side of Whataburger, but I've recently removed Whataburger from my list like so many other locals have.
I was just making a suggestion. I haven't been through there in years but when I was there it was suggested for me. Last time I checked it was ok to reply to a question.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on March 02, 2016, 05:56:23 am
Help em out here HF.  What do we have 4 exits, 80-84?  Exit 81 is the Arkansas Tech Exit (make sure you see Tech while you're in town). Exit 81 restaurants - CJ's (best burgers) north side of I-40, Crackle Barrel, IHOP, La Huerta (great Mexican), New China (Chinese Buffet), Firehouse (Sandwiches), Ruby Tuesday's, Colton's, Whataburger, an Italian Restaurant, there's a run of fast food joints traveling south of Tech, Taco Johns, Pizza Hutt, other Pizza places, Subway, and STOBYS, downtown FATDADDY's'

Someone else take exit 84 (Flying J Exit East of town) and East Main. I'm on my way to breakfast at Old South. lol

Exit 78...nothing of note out there unless you want to see the lake

Exit 83...the wal mart exit lol. Buffalo wild wings, steak n shake, DQ, popeyes, sumo hibachi grill, mulans Chinese buffet, starbucks, and venezias(italian) are all around this exit...

Exit 84...mcdonalds, dennys(in flying j, but i'd avoid this place), and wendys

itsslim

any rooms left in town? thanks hf and valley

ricepig

Quote from: itsslim on March 02, 2016, 10:08:40 am
any rooms left in town? thanks hf and valley

Valley always has a spare bedroom, he's an empty nester. Now, my question to you Valley, if i make it over to Saturday's semi-finals, do you have a suite at the arena?

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2016, 10:13:01 am
Valley always has a spare bedroom, he's an empty nester. Now, my question to you Valley, if i make it over to Saturday's semi-finals, do you have a suite at the arena?

Haha the whole gym is a suite.

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on March 02, 2016, 05:56:23 am

That Italian place, by Tech, is La Villa, Wendy's, Long John Silver, Tropical Smoothie Café, Kentucky Fried Chicken, another Chinese place, Las Palmas (Mexican), Donuts, Burger King, McDonald's - all this is still Hwy 7 from Tech going south.

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on March 02, 2016, 09:13:04 am
Exit 78...nothing of note out there unless you want to see the lake

Exit 83...the wal mart exit lol. Buffalo wild wings, steak n shake, DQ, popeyes, sumo hibachi grill, mulans Chinese buffet, starbucks, and venezias(italian) are all around this exit...

Exit 84...mcdonalds, dennys(in flying j, but i'd avoid this place), and wendys

Turn south on all these exits they all cross main street (Hwy 64) which parallels I-40.  On  East Main- Brangus, Western Sizzlin, Browns Catfish, Old South (good café), Chiles, Taco John, the exit 83 places HF was talking about.  Around WalMart of course.

Hotels are just off Exit 81.

itsslim

ricepig

Hopefully, there's at least some competitive games today.

itsslim

Pine Bluff vs. Russellville game of the day

Valleysports

I shouldn't say this, but ....    :-X

zebrafan

itsslim

zs back in the state semis, football back to back to back and possibly back to back in basketball

Valleysports

Anybody here? Ricepig? I'm on Russellville side in red.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on March 05, 2016, 12:17:38 pm
Anybody here? Ricepig? I'm on Russellville side in red.

I'm not going to make it, the youngest preferred to play 18, and after 2 holes, I wish I was in Russvegas.

Valleysports

March 05, 2016, 01:02:20 pm #31 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:36:22 pm by Valleysports
Alright got some good food up here.  Good girls game going on.  Russellville 45 - Parkview 35.

zebrafan

PB 65
ED 51

Final back to back final trips for the Z's

ricepig

zebradynasty

I am sure JB or PV has something to say about it but IF the Z's could pull off back to back in both sports....has that ever been done?

sportsguy80

Might see a rematch of last year's final. I know Parkview will have something to say about that. That matchup tonight will be a fun one.

Valleysports

Tell your Pine Bluff Bus Driver that a turn signal is to be used when switching lanes. The one wearing the Cowboys Cap, boys bus, nearly took my left fender out. Luckily I was already leary being by a Zebra bus.

itsslim

I'm gonna go with Jonesboro, I think they are the deeper team and better guard play

itsslim

yea I'm sticking around for that game, gonna be a good one!!

zebrafan

Quote from: Valleysports on March 05, 2016, 04:10:19 pm
Tell your Pine Bluff Bus Driver that a turn signal is to be used when switching lanes. The one wearing the Cowboys Cap, boys bus, nearly took my left fender out. Luckily I was already leary being by a Zebra bus.
Quote from: Valleysports on March 05, 2016, 04:10:19 pm
Should have done more damage...you might want to take the white cone mask off when you drive :)

ricepig

Quote from: itsslim on March 05, 2016, 04:13:32 pm
I'm gonna go with Jonesboro, I think they are the deeper team and better guard play

Well, whatever Swift has been telling them at half-time, he needs to say before the game. They've trailed the last 3 or so at half-time and blitzed the opponents in the third, that won't work with PV.

itsslim

itsslim

I just like how athletic the Jonesboro guys are, abd swift uses his whole team. those guards are gonna harass the lil pg from parkview, but the bigs from parkview are the truth

sportsguy80

Parkview can shoot lights out too. I agree Jonesboro seems to be the more aggressive and athletic team. I haven't seen them in person since last year's final but I've watched highlights and listen to people that have and they all say this a deeper team.

itsslim

yea pine bluff has played both teams, both loses, so I've saw both,know either way the bluff will be looking for pay back from those losses this season

ricepig

Quote from: sportsguy80 on March 05, 2016, 04:38:18 pm
Parkview can shoot lights out too. I agree Jonesboro seems to be the more aggressive and athletic team. I haven't seen them in person since last year's final but I've watched highlights and listen to people that have and they all say this a deeper team.

Jonesboro has good guards and can light it up if they are stroking it, but truthfully, they go as Jonathan Adams goes. He doesn't score from the outside, but if he's active on both ends, they usually play well.

itsslim

Pine Bluff vs parkview 6a championship

sportsguy80

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas