• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Izard County invited to national tournament in Myrtle Beach

Started by Oxford Cat, March 31, 2019, 05:34:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxford Cat

The Izard County Cougars, the 2019 Class 1A State basketball champions, have officially accepted an invitation to participate in the 39th annual Beach Ball Classic next season in Myrtle Beach, S.C., from Dec. 26-31.

The Cougars finished 42-4 and return four starters next season, including state tournament MVP Justus Cooper, all-state tournament selections Caleb Faulkner and Coby Everett, and all-regional and all-conference guard Dylan Tharp. Cooper and Faulkner were also named all-state, and Cooper, Faulkner, and Everett were also named all-regional and all-conference.

"We are excited and honored to be selected to one of the most prestigious high school tournaments in the nation," Izard County coach Kyle McCandlis said. "Going up against some of the nation's best high school teams will help prepare us for next year's postseason play."

The Cougars finished the season ranked No.7 overall in the state in the Arkansas.

From Baxter Bulletin

D6Bound

I believe NLR is the only team from Arkansas that has been invited to this tournament in the past. Kobe Bryant and RJ Barrett are two I can think of off the top of my head that has played in it and I'm sure many other NBA (or future NBA) players have played in it as well. ICC wont be playing against the "big boys" next season, they'll be playing against REAL MEN.

Rob Van Winkle

I watched Jason Kidd play in this tourney back in the early 90s, either 91 or 92. Also in that tourney Rasheed Wallace, Danta Bright, Keith Boothe and The Haley twins that went to Missouri. It was a loaded tourney to say the least.

Jason Kidd was unbelievably quick to watch in person at the high school level.

Sports Loser

That's awesome.  I bet they will have a good showing.  Congrats to ICC and good luck.  Represent 1A

riccoar

This is awesome.  Will be a great way to get some of this college caliber players a real serious look.

Bobby123

If ICC really has to play some of the best teams in the nation then they will not be able to compete. They are going to be by far the best 1A team and probably top 10 overal in the state but wont be able to play with the best teams in the nation.

D6Bound

Quote from: Bobby123 on April 03, 2019, 09:19:26 am
If ICC really has to play some of the best teams in the nation then they will not be able to compete. They are going to be by far the best 1A team and probably top 10 overal in the state but wont be able to play with the best teams in the nation.
ICC will be a top 3 team in the state next year...if everyone stays healthy. According to Oxford Cat he said that Baxter Bulletin had them ranked 7th this year.

And no duh they won't compete against Montverde caliber schools, but it's the exposure and the opportunity to be invited is what matters in these tournaments...the exposure that a 1A team from small town Arkansas is gonna get that even the great, big schools aren't getting is what makes it special. Which in turn, makes it all the more fun when we come back to our area and 50 piece all the teams around us, no matter the classification...especially when we know all of this attention fires up the entire ICC haters fan base hahahaha

They may not win a game at that tournament. They might even get blown out every game. Regardless of what happens it is still going down as a massive win in ICC's book.

D6Bound

I like to think of ICC going into this tournament like the movie 300. When Leonidas took his 300 closest gym bros to war. They knew they were going to die, but they were gonna die with honor and dignity lol

Sports Loser

Quote from: D6Bound on April 03, 2019, 09:57:52 am
ICC will be a top 3 team in the state next year...if everyone stays healthy. According to Oxford Cat he said that Baxter Bulletin had them ranked 7th this year.

And no duh they won't compete against Montverde caliber schools, but it's the exposure and the opportunity to be invited is what matters in these tournaments...the exposure that a 1A team from small town Arkansas is gonna get that even the great, big schools aren't getting is what makes it special. Which in turn, makes it all the more fun when we come back to our area and 50 piece all the teams around us, no matter the classification...especially when we know all of this attention fires up the entire ICC haters fan base hahahaha

They may not win a game at that tournament. They might even get blown out every game. Regardless of what happens it is still going down as a massive win in ICC's book.
No loss is considered a win anywhere but I think I get what you are trying to say.  I think ICC will do good over there.  They are very talented and well coached.  Should do well

yesteryearman

Quote from: Sports Loser on April 03, 2019, 12:47:18 pm
No loss is considered a win anywhere but I think I get what you are trying to say.  I think ICC will do good over there.  They are very talented and well coached.  Should do well

Are all of ICC's starting five, or maybe top 7 or 8 playing summer ball?   Will they all be on the same team?   If they are, will ICC be attending any team camps?

BannerMountainMan

Anderson had just started looking at cooper and evaluating him right before he got canned.

Ctucker

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on April 03, 2019, 09:03:19 pm
Anderson had just started looking at cooper and evaluating him right before he got canned.
He wouldn't have offered heck he waited to last minute on reeves and cooper ain't no reeves!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on April 05, 2019, 05:15:29 pm
He wouldn't have offered heck he waited to last minute on reeves and cooper ain't no reeves!

Didn't he wait until after Kansas had offered Isaac McBride too?

Ctucker

Oxford Cat

https://www.myhorrynews.com/newcomers-lead-beach-ball-classic-field/article_879a1cb0-b935-11e9-a698-13869ef33368.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

This article discusses the teams that are going to participate in the Beachball Classic this winter.  It will be very exciting to see how the Cougars stack up against some of the best talent in the nation.

The Marsupial

yesteryearman

Quote from: Oxford Cat on August 09, 2019, 07:48:46 am
https://www.myhorrynews.com/newcomers-lead-beach-ball-classic-field/article_879a1cb0-b935-11e9-a698-13869ef33368.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

This article discusses the teams that are going to participate in the Beachball Classic this winter.  It will be very exciting to see how the Cougars stack up against some of the best talent in the nation.

I remember some years ago that Saratoga, defending state champs, got tired of beating up on Arkansas teams so coach Jones got them into a holiday tournament in Florida......they went down there and were thumped handily ever game.   They came back and were never the same........in fact, they lost state tournament final to Guy on a last second shot by Jason McGinty.......not saying that will happen to ICC.......I think ICC has better overall talent and is better coached than that Saratoga team, plus, I don't think there is any other Class A team that is anywhere near as good as that Guy team......just something to talk about....

HorseFeathers

athletic supporter

Quote from: yesteryearman on August 11, 2019, 04:12:49 pm
I remember some years ago that Saratoga, defending state champs, got tired of beating up on Arkansas teams so coach Jones got them into a holiday tournament in Florida......they went down there and were thumped handily ever game.   They came back and were never the same........in fact, they lost state tournament final to Guy on a last second shot by Jason McGinty.......not saying that will happen to ICC.......I think ICC has better overall talent and is better coached than that Saratoga team, plus, I don't think there is any other Class A team that is anywhere near as good as that Guy team......just something to talk about....

So Saratoga lost in the STATE FINALS on a LAST SECOND SHOT, but they were never the same? Wow! I guess they should've stayed in south Arkansas and beat up on teams so they wouldn't have been beaten on a LAST SECOND SHOT!!!

SackAttack

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 15, 2019, 10:00:14 pm
So Saratoga lost in the STATE FINALS on a LAST SECOND SHOT, but they were never the same? Wow! I guess they should've stayed in south Arkansas and beat up on teams so they wouldn't have been beaten on a LAST SECOND SHOT!!!
Sack was in his accustomed seat mid court top row media side! Great game! Lots of talent on both sides! Don't look it up no fair cheating— where was the Class A state held that year! Hint - brand new gym at the time! Very small standing room only every night! Sacks camper van was brand new! First winner gets a Bosses Big Sack deluxe with complimentary Boss Sauce and Sacks Seasonings! High Seed prize

SackAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on August 15, 2019, 10:38:04 pm
Sack was in his accustomed seat mid court top row media side! Great game! Lots of talent on both sides! Don't look it up no fair cheating— where was the Class A state held that year! Hint - brand new gym at the time! Very small standing room only every night! Sacks camper van was brand new! First winner gets a Bosses Big Sack deluxe with complimentary Boss Sauce and Sacks Seasonings! High Seed prize
Sack thinks not many of you non pelvic poppers can compete trivia wise with Ol WiseSack or otherwise AKA All knowing Sack! Epic prize to the winner topped off with Sacks newly formulated Sacks Seasonings*. Boss Sauce and Sacks Seasonings* can't be duplicated and who'd want to! Answer— Nemo Vista High School Center Ridge Arkansas Home of Andrews Liquor with the cross eyed clerk! Brand new gym nowhere to sit!!

Sacks Seasonings* trademark 2019

Flatlander

Will ICC still be playing in the Ronnie Brogdon tournament in Highland this year?

NEABallftw

Quote from: Flatlander on September 10, 2019, 09:20:00 pm
Will ICC still be playing in the Ronnie Brogdon tournament in Highland this year?
LOLOL is this a serious question?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas