• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shame on some of you people!!

Started by DB, March 10, 2019, 04:49:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DB

I go way back.  You can tell by the fact that I have over 5700 posts.  Those 5700 posts date back to the turn of the century when FF wasn't brand new.  Back in the day, I've had some pretty good rounds with some folks on the boards.  I have called a few coaches out for their dirty deed tactics.  I have openly called out a few administrations and school districts for their treatment of coaches and fans.  And I have been ruthless at times.  I even had one head football coach send word to me that he would buy me a steak dinner if I would come to Greenwood and discuss my opinion of his coaching.  He was teaching his players very legal ways to injure the knees of opposing players.  I had recognized that way back then these message boards were being read by a whole lot more people than were posting on them.  What he was doing was dirty and unethical and I felt I had a good forum to share my opinion.   

I have no apologies for anything I ever said on these message boards.  For one reason.  I never shed a negative opinion toward a named or identified individual kid.  I think it is totally unacceptable that any child gets his/her name or reputation publicly vilified on these or any other board.  Kids don't deserve it.  IMO, coaches and administrators are fair game.  They are adults that get paid for what they do.  No matter what your opinion of a 16 or 18 or 12 year old kid is, you should never use this or any other public forum to share a negative opinion or try to tarnish the reputation of that kid. 

There are plenty of people in the world to criticize without criticizing kids.

scrapdig

Coaches are fair game and should get called out a lot more than they do for their treatment of kids.

SportsFan5

March 16, 2019, 08:27:32 am #2 Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 03:32:07 pm by SportsFan5
 :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas