• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boy's 1A State Championship: ICC vs Nevada

Started by J.D., March 02, 2019, 09:27:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you think gonna win?

Nevada
Izard County

J.D.

March 02, 2019, 09:27:55 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:24:46 pm by HorseFeathers
Notes, thoughts, and predictions?

Best of luck!

Game time: 745 Friday Night 3/8/19

Batman44

I predict ICC will have their hands full. Should be a very good game. ICC Win

Oxford Cat

Rematch of 2008 championship game that Izard County won.  Coach McCandlis was a senior on that Izard County squad and Coach Mullins was coaching that Bluejay team as well.

Basketball_fan23

Nevada has been underestimated all year. I think ICC will have their hands full playing them. They have a powerful defense and have several options on offense. It will be a good game! Nevada will have to contain #42 and #14 from ICC and they will come out on top.

waterboyh20

ICC by 20+. Nevada's really good, ICC's better. ICC has too many weapons.

Basketball_fan23

Quote from: waterboyh20 on March 02, 2019, 10:49:21 pm
ICC by 20+. Nevada's really good, ICC's better. ICC has too many weapons.

How deep is ICC's bench?

waterboyh20

Quote from: Basketball_fan23 on March 02, 2019, 10:58:27 pm
How deep is ICC's bench?
For 1A-4A they can go deep, it wasnt deep compared to a marion or conway though when they were seeing 6'3  athletic guards coming off someones bench. Theyve had 7 or 8 kids in double figures in a few games this year.

waterboyh20

ICC feeds the hot hand. It was Cooper and Everett this week. It can just as easily be Faulkner and Tharp next week. ICC rolled the clock on Hillcrest w/ Cooper playing about 4 minutes total and 0 points. Too many weapons. No disrespect to Nevada at all, but when they have too, ICC steps up and beats good teams bad.

Basketball_fan23

Quote from: waterboyh20 on March 02, 2019, 11:15:31 pm
ICC feeds the hot hand. It was Cooper and Everett this week. It can just as easily be Faulkner and Tharp next week. ICC rolled the clock on Hillcrest w/ Cooper playing about 4 minutes total and 0 points. Too many weapons. No disrespect to Nevada at all, but when they have too, ICC steps up and beats good teams bad.
ICC is good and I am sure they have many good players but Nevada does also. Each game a different player steps up. Nevada plays as a team and they also have beaten bigger schools by playing good team ball. The game should be one of the best of the finals games.

waterboyh20

Quote from: Basketball_fan23 on March 02, 2019, 11:26:55 pm
ICC is good and I am sure they have many good players but Nevada does also. Each game a different player steps up. Nevada plays as a team and they also have beaten bigger schools by playing good team ball. The game should be one of the best of the finals games.

I really believe Dermott, Nevada, and ICC would have all 3 competed really well in 1A-4A state tournaments this year.

Sportzman12

Missco

yesteryearman

March 03, 2019, 08:31:37 am #12 Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 08:34:17 am by yesteryearman
I think this is a match you will see for the next three years........all sophs and juniors on both teams...ICC wins this one by 20+, maybe closer in 2020, and then single digits in 2021.....ICC with a threepeat...........maybe for the next AAA regrouping in 2022 ICC will move up to where they belong, 4A or above......then everybody else will be back in the hunt

ScreaminEagle99

ICC will win. I don't feel like outcome will ever be in doubt. Great year screamin eagles!!!

Woodrow1

There is a 99.999% chance that ICC wins this game. And a 99% chance it's by more than 15 points.

Sportzman12

1a basketball fan

I don't know who to pick
Nevada should win

BannerChaser95

So I've got a pretty good prespective on this game.

ICC Should win. Just like they should have last season after Guy was lucky to even be there, ICC has the better players, icc SHOULD win.

But Nevada has to have 1 game.. just 1 good game and they're the ones taking home a state title.. UTEP wasn't supposed to beat Kentucky. But it happened

D6Bound

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 03, 2019, 08:31:37 am
I think this is a match you will see for the next three years........all sophs and juniors on both teams...ICC wins this one by 20+, maybe closer in 2020, and then single digits in 2021.....ICC with a threepeat...........maybe for the next AAA regrouping in 2022 ICC will move up to where they belong, 4A or above......then everybody else will be back in the hunt
Am I the only one who can't tell if this guy is sarcastic or not when he talks about ICC 😂

D6Bound

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 03, 2019, 12:23:06 pm
So I've got a pretty good prespective on this game.

ICC Should win. Just like they should have last season after Guy was lucky to even be there, ICC has the better players, icc SHOULD win.

But Nevada has to have 1 game.. just 1 good game and they're the ones taking home a state title.. UTEP wasn't supposed to beat Kentucky. But it happened
You didn't watch the state finals last year if you thought ICC should've won that game. ICC played the best first half of their season in the finals and was only up 4 going into the second half.

Sportzman12

All I'm saying is stop acting like anyone can't have a bad day or it's NO way anyone can beat ICC. Neutral floor for the championship. I'm rolling with Nevada but just don't think ICC is about to destroy them. They both made it here fair and square and they both only have 4 losses. These are the two best teams in 1A hands down for the next three years.

waterboyh20

It's funny the argument for Nevada in a close one is if ICC has a bad game. We'll see how that ages.

HorseFeathers

This game will be played at 7:45 Friday night

Woodrow1

Quote from: Sportzman12 on March 03, 2019, 12:49:56 pm
All I'm saying is stop acting like anyone can't have a bad day or it's NO way anyone can beat ICC. Neutral floor for the championship. I'm rolling with Nevada but just don't think ICC is about to destroy them. They both made it here fair and square and they both only have 4 losses. These are the two best teams in 1A hands down for the next three years.

You do know that no one in class 1A has played them within 10 points don't you?  And very few within 20.  They have consistently kicked everyone's butts in 1a, and that won't stop Friday. 

yesteryearman

March 03, 2019, 04:24:49 pm #24 Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:30:05 pm by yesteryearman
quote author=D6Bound link=topic=158858.msg3689856#msg3689856 date=1551638578]
You didn't watch the state finals last year if you thought ICC should've won that game. ICC played the best first half of their season in the finals and was only up 4 going into the second half.
[/quote]

I have seen ICC and Nevada this year, ICC wins hands down......It is a fact both teams are loaded with sophs and juniors.....ICC's are already extremely talented and will get better.........how much better can they get is scary......I see Nevada's sophs and juniors improving more than ICC's simply because ICC's are already playing at elite level....thus I see the championship game in 2020 being closer, but ICC still wins......in 2021 Cooper will be gone and I think ICC will miss him more than they want to anticipate, and they will miss how much better he makes everyone else....still they have the two best sophs in 1A, and, I am told, elite junior high program....thus ICC wins again in 2021, by smaller margin........so, there is no sarcasm intended as far as 2019, 2020, 2021 is concerned.  As far as what AAA does when, if, they re-district and re-conference in 2022, only those close to the ICC program can tell us if they will still have players who can play at the elite level of the current roster.....thus, yes some tongue in cheek for 2022, but maybe not........in other words, how long can ICC sustain this dynasty....if beyond 2021, then there is nothing for anybody else to look forward to.......so move them up,, give someone else a chance.

Woodrow1

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 03, 2019, 04:24:49 pm
quote author=D6Bound link=topic=158858.msg3689856#msg3689856 date=1551638578]

I have seen ICC and Nevada this year, ICC wins hands down......It is a fact both teams are loaded with sophs and juniors.....ICC's are already extremely talented and will get better.........how much better can they get is scary......I see Nevada's sophs and juniors improving more than ICC's simply because ICC's are already playing at elite level....thus I see the championship game in 2020 being closer, but ICC still wins......in 2021 Cooper will be gone and I think ICC will miss him more than they want to anticipate, and they will miss how much better he makes everyone else....still they have the two best sophs in 1A, and, I am told, elite junior high program....thus ICC wins again in 2021, by smaller margin........so, there is no sarcasm intended as far as 2019, 2020, 2021 is concerned.  As far as what AAA does when, if, they re-district and re-conference in 2022, only those close to the ICC program can tell us if they will still have players who can play at the elite level of the current roster.....thus, yes some tongue in cheek for 2022, but maybe not........in other words, how long can ICC sustain this dynasty....if beyond 2021, then there is nothing for anybody else to look forward to.......so move them up,, give someone else a chance.

That isn't how it works.  Classifications are determined by the number of students in 10-12 grade. Not how many games you win or how much you've wow by. They can't say you're too good so we are moving you to 4a.

boss85

I'm on record as saying ICC would not lose again this season after the Christmas tournament at Highland. So I'm picking them to win Friday. In 1a they are the kings this year and will be next year also. It's hard to say after that. You never know what happens that far down the road.

As far as being competitive in higher classifications, I think they would be competitive this year and next barring injuries. That doesn't mean they would win at the same clip. I think they are 3-4 against 4a-6a teams this year. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Better to be kings in 1a than average against the big boys. They are one of the most fun to watch teams I've ever watched.Good luck in the finals Cougars!

D6Bound

Quote from: boss85 on March 03, 2019, 05:19:49 pm
I'm on record as saying ICC would not lose again this season after the Christmas tournament at Highland. So I'm picking them to win Friday. In 1a they are the kings this year and will be next year also. It's hard to say after that. You never know what happens that far down the road.

As far as being competitive in higher classifications, I think they would be competitive this year and next barring injuries. That doesn't mean they would win at the same clip. I think they are 3-4 against 4a-6a teams this year. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Better to be kings in 1a than average against the big boys. They are one of the most fun to watch teams I've ever watched.Good luck in the finals Cougars!
I feel like they'll be a little more competitive against the "big boys" next season. Put me on the record for saying they'll be a top 10 team in Arkansas at the end of next year.

boss85

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2019, 05:40:32 pm
I feel like they'll be a little more competitive against the "big boys" next season. Put me on the record for saying they'll be a top 10 team in Arkansas at the end of next year.
You definitely may be right.  And on any given night they can beat ANY team in the state. They are that good. I would love to see them playing  4a or better competition every game instead of occasionally. They haven't been challenged in 1a very often. Playing those big schools have served them well this post season and will help them Friday.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: boss85 on March 03, 2019, 05:19:49 pm

Their losses were to the elite big boys; Conway, NLR, Marion, Westside. An average "big boy" would be Highland for example.

BannerMountainMan

This is by far the best 1a basketball team by far, I know I was high on that Shirley team 2 years ago but they would get throttled by this ICC team. ICC by 25

boss85

Quote from: Oxford Cat on March 03, 2019, 06:33:20 pm
Their losses were to the elite big boys; Conway, NLR, Marion, Westside. An average "big boy" would be Highland for example.
Incorrect. Highland is below average in 4a. They finished 7th in their conference. Don't be offended. Someone else was talking about ICC playing in 4a or higher. If they played in the Same conference with Westside, Blytheville and Valley View, or better yet Mills, McClellan, Estem etc they might lose 8 or 9 games during the course of the year. I still think they would win a lot because they are that good. But they wouldn't blow everybody out by 25 or 30 like they commonly do in 1a. They could have beat Conway under different circumstances. But the state championship is at hand. Don't worry about that stuff. Beat Nevada!

87DAWG

Nevada needs to make t sloppy to stay in it! Nevada has a couple of guys who can shoot the 3 but if it comes down to shooting from the perimeter ICC will hands down take this game by double digits. I like #35 for Nevada down low but might tire out down the stretch. #5, I am sure, is a good player but I didn't see him do much at ICC! I see a close game for up to 3 quarters with the better team, ICC, taking it down the stretch....

riccoar

ICC is undefeated in 1A basketball this year.  It's four losses have come against two 6A teams (NLR, Conway), one 5A (Marion), and one 4A (Westside Jonesboro) team.

I'll take ICC.

Ctucker

Quote from: riccoar on March 04, 2019, 07:18:57 am
ICC is undefeated in 1A basketball this year.  It's four losses have come against two 6A teams (NLR, Conway), one 5A (Marion), and one 4A (Westside Jonesboro) team.

I'll take ICC.
Way to go out on a limb! Lol

riccoar

Quote from: Ctucker on March 04, 2019, 08:41:21 am
Way to go out on a limb! Lol
I'm no fool, Lol.  However, if I was Nevada's coach, I might be contacting Hutch's auction house to see how much junk I have to buy to get a gameplan.

Ctucker

Quote from: riccoar on March 04, 2019, 09:38:24 am
I'm no fool, Lol.  However, if I was Nevada's coach, I might be contacting Hutch's auction house to see how much junk I have to buy to get a gameplan.
That's no lie!

Buckets

Izard County wins, in what a lot of people will be too polite to call a landslide victory.

Informant

Just as in 2015 with Bay, I think Nevada may compete very early on but in the end, its ICC by 30.  I'm also predicting now we will be having this same conversation about ICC next year at this time.

Best of luck to both teams.

basketballismylife

Quote from: riccoar on March 04, 2019, 09:38:24 am

Is this how ICC gets their game plans? Nevada sure doesn't need anybody's help, as Coach Mullins knows what he's going up against. I sure hope ICC's boys don't come in with their heads pumped up like their fans and get their feelings hurt.

D6Bound

Quote from: basketballismylife on March 04, 2019, 01:51:13 pm
Is this how ICC gets their game plans? Nevada sure doesn't need anybody's help, as Coach Mullins knows what he's going up against. I sure hope ICC's boys don't come in with their heads pumped up like their fans and get their feelings hurt.
Don't lie, that's EXACTLY what you're hoping they do.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2019, 03:51:16 pm
Don't lie, that's EXACTLY what you're hoping they do.

Someone had to take Bay and Guys place on this board 😂

D6Bound

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 04, 2019, 03:53:09 pm
Someone had to take Bay and Guys place on this board 😂
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

Frank Abagnale Jr.

I like ICC by 15 in this one. Just too much. Nevada can keep it close for a half and that's about it.

Flobbito

I think the Timbo game revealed a lot about Nevada. Timbo basically had a good big man that could score around the rim and shoot from outside when left open, a good outside shooter size mismatch with a quick release, and a good ball handler and shooter who could drive and score, the other two players were essentially a screen setter and perimeter passer.   Nevada won that game by 4. ICC has those same elements, but much better, and an additional scorer. Nevada will give them a hard run for 3 quarters, but ICC pulls away late. ICC by 17.

501 to 870

March 06, 2019, 09:05:52 am #45 Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 09:07:42 am by 501 to 870
Quote from: basketballismylife on March 04, 2019, 01:51:13 pm
Nope. ICC players are hungry like DAY 1. Fans talk but these kids work!

Boty0725

Quote from: 87DAWG on March 03, 2019, 09:16:39 pm

Nevada needs to make t sloppy to stay in it! Nevada has a couple of guys who can shoot the 3 but if it comes down to shooting from the perimeter ICC will hands down take this game by double digits. I like #35 for Nevada down low but might tire out down the stretch. #5, I am sure, is a good player but I didn't see him do much at ICC! I see a close game for up to 3 quarters with the better team, ICC, taking it down the stretch....

I disagree Nevada plays the game at hand. True, we have to be on  our a game, but #35 don't get tired. And 5 holds back when they ain't no challenge. In other words we play as hard as we need to. Nevada will win!!!

Ctucker

Quote from: Boty0725 on March 07, 2019, 08:34:52 pm
I disagree Nevada plays the game at hand. True, we have to be on  our a game, but #35 don't get tired. And 5 holds back when they ain't no challenge. In other words we play as hard as we need to. Nevada will win!!!
. You have lost your mind! But I will take that bet just pm me how much you want to bet and were to meet to pay up

friscokid

Is this the first time that 2 schools named after counties (Izard, Nevada) rather than towns have ever met in a state basketball final?

yesteryearman

Quote from: friscokid on March 08, 2019, 01:54:47 pm
Is this the first time that 2 schools named after counties (Izard, Nevada) rather than towns have ever met in a state basketball final?

I thought Guy was a county (counties) school?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas