• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 brackets

Started by Flobbito, February 18, 2019, 09:33:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

End of 3rd

MVE - 23

Concord - 33

J.D.

Final

MVE - 42

Concord - 40

Mt.Vernon-Enola Boys win Region 3 and will go to state as the 1 seed

Concord will represent Region 3 as the 2 seed

Flobbito

Quote from: J.D. on February 23, 2019, 09:07:43 pm
Final

MVE - 42

Concord - 40

Mt.Vernon-Enola Boys win Region 3 and will go to state as the 1 seed

Concord will represent Region 3 as the 2 seed

Two good teams. MVE boys win three thrillers in regionals!

justafan13

Wow MVE wins regionals and shouldn't even be in state without some major help from officials. Hope they feel good about themselves.

SackAttack

Quote from: justafan13 on February 23, 2019, 09:56:41 pm
Wow MVE wins regionals and shouldn't even be in state without some major help from officials. Hope they feel good about themselves.
Sack says wow!! Dadgum them

Flobbito

February 23, 2019, 10:08:09 pm #105 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 10:11:41 pm by Flobbito
Quote from: justafan13 on February 23, 2019, 09:56:41 pm

Something I've learned after a year or so on this board is that teams rarely ever win close games, because the officials are always to blame for the other teams loss.  Brinkley has a fine team, and they will be good again next year focusing on that will be more productive than this.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Flobbito on February 23, 2019, 10:08:09 pm
Something I've learned after a year or so on this board is that teams rarely ever win close games, because the officials are always to blame for the other teams loss.  Brinkley has a fine team, and they will be good again next year focusing on that will be more productive than this.

It took you being on FF to learn this? 🤦

justafan13

I've come to find in my time that Homers homer whenever they can. Just like perks of hosting I guess. No one ever said the kid didn't make a great shot. Meant that in no disrespect to the kid. Big time players make big time shots. However let someone completely neutral watch the entire game and let them comment on officiating in that game. Do that then get back to me. Respect the kid for making the shot but it took major help getting him that opportunity including the timeout and time added at the end.

justafan13

Your comment after game 1 double OT was both teams deserved better officials. Didn't see that this time bc only one team deserved better officials.

Flobbito

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 23, 2019, 10:19:28 pm
It took you being on FF to learn this? 🤦

Yes, and to take everything anyone says on here literally...especially if was posted by Sack.

Flobbito

February 23, 2019, 10:42:22 pm #110 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 11:13:32 pm by Flobbito
Quote from: justafan13 on February 23, 2019, 10:22:32 pm
Your comment after game 1 double OT was both teams deserved better officials. Didn't see that this time bc only one team deserved better officials.

I didn't like the officiating for a lot of the second game either (remember when our best player fouled out midway through the third quarter, hated at least three of those foul calls)because I'm a FAN, just like you, I have an objective desire for my team to win just like you. I didn't say anything after this game because there is no point in continuing to bash officials. Here is what I tell my kids, the refs are always bad, play better. I'm sure if you went back and watched the game film you would see many missed opportunities to score and turnovers that would have been the difference in the game. Again, I think you have a good group of young men, and you have a lot returning to look forward to.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Flobbito on February 23, 2019, 10:29:26 pm
Yes, and to take everything anyone says on here literally...especially if was posted by Sack.

Haha, fwiw I agree with what you said, fans won't accept that sometimes your team wasn't good enough to win that night

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 23, 2019, 10:58:44 pm
Haha, fwiw I agree with what you said, fans won't accept that sometimes your team wasn't good enough to win that night
Hey Sack resembles that remark! Take it back a week to Timbo lots is po'd folks there lots of po'd people this week fast forward to next week and Sack sees lots of po'd people!! Sack can be very insightful and annoying and people can't pick through the facts insight and yes bs!! But a few can

SackAttack

Quote from: Flobbito on February 23, 2019, 10:29:26 pm
Sack says Flobby should understand truly what Sack is saying but understand that many have trouble understanding! One thing is always certain lots of folks gonna be mad this time of year! Sack calls it the law of 2! Everybody is 2 whistles away from losing their ever lovin' minds! Sackesque type deep intellects! Law of 2 is 1 more than the Rule of 1. Van Buren county math lesson on the old GREEN chalkboard

Sweep

Seeing that 21 & 32 from MVE made it through half of the 3rd and the entire 4th quarter with 4 fouls says something. The refs were letting them play the first half, having only called about 5 fouls on each side, and the switching it on in the second half- I was for Concord and they even called a charge on Concord's side and the kid didnt even fall down trying to take it? That's just stupid. MVE definitely had a lot of help in this game. It makes no sense as to how it went down other than the officials. It will be different story for them come next week.

justafan13

I'm actually a resident of the delta in Helena.  Brinkley was the closest district and mount Vernon an easy regional drive. I don't recall anyone fouling out in the 1st quarter but also 3 of Brinkley's best players fouls were terrible as well. 18-6 free throws in the 4th, a carry off 1 dribble, adding time, and a timeout that wasn't called is inexcusable. Both teams have a lot coming back and could battle for years to come. Truth be told I guess neither team should've been playing each other. But the calls in that game were nothing except 1 sided. Especially by the so called biggest time official.

Sweep

I find it ridiculous how one sided it was during the 4th quarter though. The fouls going into the 4th were MVE 9 and Concord 2, which was rightfully so. The officials definitely won that game for them, and like I said, it will be different come next week.

SackAttack

Quote from: Sweep on February 23, 2019, 11:53:44 pm
I find it ridiculous how one sided it was during the 4th quarter though. The fouls going into the 4th were MVE 9 and Concord 2, which was rightfully so. The officials definitely won that game for them, and like I said, it will be different come next week.
Sacks papaw used to say Young Sack old boy folks is cross eyed! What you meanPops said Sack?? Well Sack it's like this here people don't see things this week the same way they did last week so that means they are cross eyed! Sack said I see clearly now! Win this week by the whistle and lose next week by the whistle! Papaw second smartest man I knew!!

thebeast

I watched the district tournament games, and one of the refs who is known as one of the best in the business! Numerous people all over the state have made this statement!  I also know this person!  What I saw, and what he was a part of on this particular night, he should never pick up a whistle again.  I know u get bad calls everywhere u go! However, when it is deliberate, it's hard to let it go!  It's not fair to the players. What do u do ?? What can u do?? Is it Politics? Who's to hold them accountable ?

HorseFeathers

Flobbito

We could quibble about this forever so I won't prolong the conversation after this post, your assertion that the 4th quarter was unfairly called because Concord started picking up fouls but it was called fairly and justifiably (9 for MVE and 2 for Concord) up to that point is exactly the opposite of how I feel. Because we are fans. That's why we don't call our kids games. You act as if these weren't two evenly matched teams already, you know they were each had already won at the others place. MVE earned their spots, now on to the state tournament.

Bigpoppa

I guess Mount Vernon boys packed up the referee crew to win against Kirby, too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas