• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A-2 District Tournament at Izard County

Started by Mr. Basketball, February 10, 2019, 08:53:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Basketball

February 10, 2019, 08:53:47 am Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:46:21 pm by Mr. Basketball
Monday
4:00 (G) #6 Calico Rock v. #7 Western Grove
5:20 (B) #4 Omaha v. #9 St. Joe
6:40 (B) #5 Viola v. #8 Bruno-Pyatt
8:00 (B) #6 Norfork v. #7 Lead Hill

Tuesday
4:00 (G) #3 Lead Hill v. #6 Calico Rock
5:20 (B) #3 Western Grove v. #6 Norfork
6:40 (G) #4 Omaha v. #5 Izard County
8:00 (B) #4 Omaha v. #5 Viola

Friday
4:00 (G) #1 Norfork v. #5 Izard County
5:20 (B) #1 Izard County v. #5 Viola
6:40 (G) #2 Viola v. #6 Calico Rock
8:00 (B) #2 Calico Rock v. #3 Western Grove

Saturday
6:00  Girls Championship Game
7:20  Boys Championship Game

Mr. Basketball

February 11, 2019, 08:49:09 pm #1 Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:03:29 pm by Mr. Basketball
Monday Results
Girls
Calico Rock 49 Western Grove 45
Boys
Omaha 69 St. Joe 25
Viola 52 Bruno Pyatt 28
Norfork 73 Lead Hill 49

Bergman1820

Sr.Girls:
(6)Calico Rock 57
(3)Lead Hill 47 Final

Bergman1820

Mr. Basketball

Boys
Viola 63 Omaha 61
Western Grove 55 Norfork 32

Sports Loser

Western Grove Vs Calico Rock could be a good game. 

D6Bound

February 14, 2019, 02:21:30 pm #6 Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:27:35 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: Sports Loser on February 14, 2019, 02:12:54 pm
Western Grove Vs Calico Rock could be a good game.
it'll be disappointing if it isn't...guess we'll see how important that game between these two at the end of the regular season really was tomorrow night...

Flobbito

Mr. Basketball

Girls
Viola 48 Calico Rock 36
Norfork 56 Izard County 40

Boys
Izard County 94 Viola 57
Calico Rock 54 Western Grove 47

Woodrow1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 14, 2019, 02:21:30 pm
it'll be disappointing if it isn't...guess we'll see how important that game between these two at the end of the regular season really was tomorrow night...

I tried to tell you....

Woodrow1

Buckets

Quote from: D6Bound on February 15, 2019, 10:18:50 pm
Round 4 tomorrow...

Think they'll get within 40 this time?

I don't.

Grove played well, thought they were going to pull it off towards the end. I would have rather seen WG tomorrow than see Calico again. I mean, Cast Away is a good movie, but after a few times through it I'd rather watch Forest Gump, you know what I mean?

bball2015

Bluekatz12

waterboyh20

Norfork won by like 8 or so.
ICC up by 40, clock running.

D6Bound

Quote from: waterboyh20 on February 16, 2019, 08:37:20 pm
Norfork won by like 8 or so.
ICC up by 40, clock running.
looks like round 4 ends in an early KO.

Bomberman

Woodrow1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 16, 2019, 08:39:42 pm
looks like round 4 ends in an early KO.

They will do this to probably every team along the way.

Mr. Basketball

February 16, 2019, 09:57:32 pm #19 Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 07:53:55 am by Mr. Basketball
Izard County Cougars 86 Calico Rock Pirates 45
Cougars win 5th straight district tournament and sixth straight conference championship.The Cougars have now won 74 straight conference and district tournament games and if you throw in county tourney games and regional wins over conference teams the streak is well over 80. Go Cougars!

Norfork Lady Panthers 67 Viola Lady Longhorns 59

Oxford Cat

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on February 16, 2019, 09:57:32 pm
Izard County Cougars 86 Calico Rock Pirates 45
Cougars win 5th straight district tournament and sixth straight conference championship.The Cougars have now won 74 straight conference and district tournament games and if you throw in county tourney games and regional wins over conference teams the streak is well over 80. Go Cougars!

Norfork Lady Panthers 65 Viola Lady Longhorns 57
Those cougar stats are incredible.  That streak spans several teams and several different sets of players.  This is something everyone associated with the cougar program can take pride in.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 16, 2019, 09:02:15 pm
They will do this to probably every team along the way.

Mark this down, they won't beat Nevada or Dermott by 40.......or even 20..........it will be closer than most folks think

Woodrow1

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 17, 2019, 08:23:08 am
Mark this down, they won't beat Nevada or Dermott by 40.......or even 20..........it will be closer than most folks think

I'll bet money no one plays them close. The game will never be in question at the end.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 17, 2019, 08:28:04 am
I'll bet money no one plays them close. The game will never be in question at the end.

One good thing about it, we will probably find out won't we......according to north Arkansas it is Izards to lose, no one else has a chance......we will see.....I know Izard has played a few top tier teams, all of which had great size and quickness, which Nevada and Dermott has......will be a terrible shock if anybody pushes Izard.......we will see

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 17, 2019, 09:07:54 am
One good thing about it, we will probably find out won't we......according to north Arkansas it is Izards to lose, no one else has a chance......we will see.....I know Izard has played a few top tier teams, all of which had great size and quickness, which Nevada and Dermott has......will be a terrible shock if anybody pushes Izard.......we will see

Dermott played ICC the closest of any 1a school... Think it was a 15 point game.... But I don't see anything beating them on their homecourt.....

Katz10

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 17, 2019, 09:13:13 am
Dermott played ICC the closest of any 1a school... Think it was a 15 point game.... But I don't see anything beating them on their homecourt.....

ICC beat Dermott by 11 at the early in the season. They beat calico by 15 and 14 in there first two match ups. The last two times by 40 ish. I don't think any 1a team in the state can play with them at the pace they play at. If someone has some really good ball handlers that won't turn it over and stalls it the whole game, it MIGHT work but not likely

ozarkmtnsman

So two of Norkork starters are out with injuries. Are they done for the season?

D6Bound

February 17, 2019, 11:21:09 am #27 Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:22:48 am by D6Bound
Quote from: Katz10 on February 17, 2019, 09:41:12 am
ICC beat Dermott by 11 at the early in the season. They beat calico by 15 and 14 in there first two match ups. The last two times by 40 ish. I don't think any 1a team in the state can play with them at the pace they play at. If someone has some really good ball handlers that won't turn it over and stalls it the whole game, it MIGHT work but not likel
The only way they will lose another game this year is if a key player gets injured. Scariest part is they haven't even peaked yet, and won't until around this time next year.

Woodrow1

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 17, 2019, 10:47:53 am
So two of Norkork starters are out with injuries. Are they done for the season?

Yes. Both tore their ACL.

Woodrow1

Have you seen ICC play?

D6Bound

I don't think it's just north Arkansas who thinks it's their tournament to lose either lol

Sports Loser

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 17, 2019, 12:57:43 pm
Yes. Both tore their ACL.
Do they still have the girl that moved there to get the ring this year or did she get hurt?  Is she a Sr? 

yesteryearman

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 17, 2019, 12:59:23 pm
Have you seen ICC play?

Have you seen Nevada beat Magnolia twice, or anybody south of Malvern play?   Ya'll just keep believing no one from south Arkansas has a chance......no pressure on anybody else but Izard.   

yesteryearman

Quote from: D6Bound on February 17, 2019, 01:48:31 pm
I don't think it's just north Arkansas who thinks it's their tournament to lose either lol

As long as its north Arkansas, nobody else really matters do they lol......

D6Bound

February 17, 2019, 03:24:25 pm #34 Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:35:09 pm by D6Bound
Lol this post alone shows how little you know...Saying Dermott and Nevada have the same athleticism and quickness as NLR, Marion, and Conway. But since you wanna speak of those teams down south I got a little quiz for ya...when's the last time a southern 1A team has won a state championship?

Edit: Just so I'm clear, I'm talking about sr boys.

D6Bound

Quote from: D6Bound on February 17, 2019, 03:24:25 pm
Lol this post alone shows how little you know...Saying Dermott and Nevada have the same athleticism and quickness as NLR, Marion, and Conway. But since you wanna speak of those teams down south I got a little quiz for ya...when's the last time a southern 1A team has won a state championship?

Edit: Just so I'm clear, I'm talking about sr boys.
Ah and if you find out that answer I got an even BETTER question...How many southern 1A Sr. Boys teams have won a state championship in the last 15 years? (2003-2018)

ScreaminEagle99

Quote from: Sports Loser on February 17, 2019, 02:51:59 pm
Do they still have the girl that moved there to get the ring this year or did she get hurt?  Is she a Sr?

Yes they still have Whitlee Layne. First off prayers go out to those two seniors who are out for the rest of the year. Those 2 have been a part of so many great norfork victories. I have been fortunate enough to see them play a lot. I think Norfork probably proved this week they aren't throwing in the towel. That might be in no small part due to the fact that Whitlee (who already has a ring) the two big girls and those 3 sophs are just made of the right stuff. Not to mention, the two seniors who are hurt are still helping and leading along with their coach. Norfork at least proved for one week they aren't going away quietly.

And ICC is the biggest lock to win it all of all time.

HorseFeathers

Doesn't ICC now have 2 players with D1 offers?

54Bearkatz2014

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 17, 2019, 06:44:59 pm
Doesn't ICC now have 2 players with D1 offers?

Yes. 11th Grader Justus Cooper holds offers from Arkansas State and South Alabama in Mobile. 10th grader Caleb Faulkner holds an offer from Arkansas State. Would not be surprised if you see Coby Everett, 10th grader, end up getting a few smaller school offers. If he was 5 inches taller he'd be getting the same looks as the other two.

D6Bound

Quote from: 54Bearkatz2014 on February 17, 2019, 07:04:14 pm
Yes. 11th Grader Justus Cooper holds offers from Arkansas State and South Alabama in Mobile. 10th grader Caleb Faulkner holds an offer from Arkansas State. Would not be surprised if you see Coby Everett, 10th grader, end up getting a few smaller school offers. If he was 5 inches taller he'd be getting the same looks as the other two.
Cooper also has an offer from Furman University, who was ranked in the top 25 earlier this season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 54Bearkatz2014 on February 17, 2019, 07:04:14 pm

I remember Everett hitting some big shots in the state tournament last year...

yesteryearman

Quote from: D6Bound on February 17, 2019, 04:14:35 pm
Ah and if you find out that answer I got an even BETTER question...How many southern 1A Sr. Boys teams have won a state championship in the last 15 years? (2003-2018)

I will answer your question if you will answer mine.....how many southern teams in last 15 yrs.....exactly one, McNeil in 2004......now for my question.......how many northern teams won a state championship in the 15 yrs prior to 2003?         

Fatbackhawgballz

I'm a Tuckerman fan. ICC is the real deal. I haven't seen Tuckerman get run out of the gym like that since Bateman has got there. They beat our boys into submission. I would say if Tuckerman and ICC played 10 times we might pull one out but every other game they beat us by 10 or more.

D6Bound

February 18, 2019, 01:21:23 pm #43 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:24:26 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: yesteryearman on February 18, 2019, 09:21:29 am
I will answer your question if you will answer mine.....how many southern teams in last 15 yrs.....exactly one, McNeil in 2004......now for my question.......how many northern teams won a state championship in the 15 yrs prior to 2003?         
Don't know and don't care. I assume it's not very much since you are asking me. My point is, in recent memory, the big bad south has always had a lot of hype coming into the state tournament with their 35-1 records or whatever and just nearly ALWAYS come up short. But hey, that's what the state tournament is for right? To show how much the patronizing hillbillies of the north REALLY know about basketball. See you in Hot Springs, if a southern team makes it.

HorseFeathers

North still won more in that time span than the South has in the last 15 years 🤷(10 to southern teams/5 to northern)

yesteryearman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 18, 2019, 01:46:41 pm
North still won more in that time span than the South has in the last 15 years 🤷(10 to southern teams/5 to northern)

Ok, ok, you have convinced me....these superintendants from the 16 southern Class A schools (out of a total of 66) should be more fiscally responsible by saving the cost of sending teams to the state tournament since there is zero chance of success.    No teams from Region 4 have any chance at all of even winning one state tournament game, much less of a chance of beating a team from Region 2.   South Arkansas and Region 4 is highly, highly overrated.    So lets just leave it at this and see if the  southern superintendants send their teams and if they do, whether or not any Region 4 team can play any northern team within 20.     You got me, I give.

D6Bound

Well I was wondering if anyone was going to notice the mistake of this post but evidently not. The only state championship that McNeil won in 2004 was the Wikipedia Arkansas Basketball 1A state championship. Unfortunately that doesn't count. In fact, the school that won the class A state championship in 2004 was Waldo, which is the only southern 1A team to win it in the last 15 years.  Didn't your teachers tell you not to use Wikipedia as a credible source?

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Basketball/2018_basketball_State_Champs.pdf

D6Bound

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 19, 2019, 09:45:23 am
Ok, ok, you have convinced me....these superintendants from the 16 southern Class A schools (out of a total of 66) should be more fiscally responsible by saving the cost of sending teams to the state tournament since there is zero chance of success.    No teams from Region 4 have any chance at all of even winning one state tournament game, much less of a chance of beating a team from Region 2.   South Arkansas and Region 4 is highly, highly overrated.    So lets just leave it at this and see if the  southern superintendants send their teams and if they do, whether or not any Region 4 team can play any northern team within 20.     You got me, I give.
I'm sure everyone on here can agree that we've all seen our fair share of great 1A teams down south, there's no question to that. But they're never the BEST team.

PTplayer

Stephen's, Saratoga even back to the 90s caddo team, would have to say when they won state they were the best teams that year, caddo lost to pine bluff in overall finals the year they won it. So really wouldn't say they were never the best team

D6Bound

February 19, 2019, 10:15:08 am #49 Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:17:09 am by D6Bound
Quote from: PTplayer on February 19, 2019, 10:11:44 am
Stephen's, Saratoga even back to the 90s caddo team, would have to say when they won state they were the best teams that year, caddo lost to pine bluff in overall finals the year they won it. So really wouldn't say they were never the best team
you're right I didn't clarify well enough, I was meaning in the past 15 years. 2008 Bradley was the best team I've ever seen not win a state championship, I still think they were the best team that year, but got outplayed one game. But that year 1A had some very very talented teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas