• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Bracket 2019

Started by Brian G, February 09, 2019, 12:19:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboyh20

Quote from: Emanburns20 on February 27, 2019, 03:09:57 pm
FACTS!!! I think they both could potentially give them a run for there money
Both Nevada and Dermott are very athletic and solid. Im curious, have you actually seen ICC?

1a basketball fan

Quote from: waterboyh20 on February 27, 2019, 11:25:19 pm
Both Nevada and Dermott are very athletic and solid. Im curious, have you actually seen ICC?
yes I have have you seen Nevada other than Tuesday

Flobbito

Hats off to Emerson, I was told before the game that they were a good shooting team and that proved true.  Our girls missed shots around the rim, at the free throw line, and from outside they just couldn't pull it together.  What impressed me most about Emerson is that when we tied it back up in the fourth after being behind by double digits in the second half is that they kept their composure and did what they had to do to win; they showed a lot of moxie for a young team.  Emerson girls will be trouble for the next few years. 

To our seniors, thanks for the hard work throughout the years, you girls were a joy to watch on the court.

Sr. boys, keep hustling!

waterboyh20

Quote from: Emanburns20 on February 28, 2019, 07:14:00 am
yes I have have you seen Nevada other than Tuesday

I don't believe you have. I would get to the gym early. ICC brings a crowd.
ICC by 20+

Woodrow1

Quote from: waterboyh20 on February 27, 2019, 11:25:19 pm

I haven't seen dermott or Nevada play, but Bradford and timbo couldn't play icc within 20 even on their home floors.

Hoopfan101

Let's see Hillcrest has beaten Bradford twice, Concord by 18, Mt Vernon and Timbo on neutral courts.  Everybody kept talking about upper tier class A teams.  Those so called upper tier teams have barely survived against the rest of the pack.  Bottom line is that if you are one of the final 16 you have a chance. ICC is the odds on favorite and it will take a NC State over Houston type perfect game for any team to beat them, but at least if you are one of the 16, you have a chance.  Good luck to all the teams that made it to the tournament, even the lower tier teams. ;)

Flobbito

Quote from: Hoopfan101 on February 28, 2019, 09:40:13 am
Let's see Hillcrest has beaten Bradford twice, Concord by 18, Mt Vernon and Timbo on neutral courts.  Everybody kept talking about upper tier class A teams.  Those so called upper tier teams have barely survived against the rest of the pack.  Bottom line is that if you are one of the final 16 you have a chance. ICC is the odds on favorite and it will take a NC State over Houston type perfect game for any team to beat them, but at least if you are one of the 16, you have a chance.  Good luck to all the teams that made it to the tournament, even the lower tier teams. ;)

Agreed, I watched the Bradford/Dermott game, I know Dermott won by double digits, but that score belies how close the game was before Bradford started fouling.  If Bradford hits their shots around the rim throughout the second half it is a different (yeah I know "ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas).  Point is thought that their is a lot of parity in the field right now, but anyone who has seen ICC play knows that they are the favorite for a reason.

yesteryearman

I read some earlier posts concerning officiating at an earlier Concord Regional game.   The foul differential was significant, with Concord having very few fouls called against them.  I watched the Bradley vs Concord game last night on live stream.   Again, the foul differential was significant.   I don't think I have ever seen a team take as many charges as Concord does.   They appear to have a simple, but effective, defensive game plan.  Don't touch the other players, let them drive to the basket, then take a charge.   I don't recall but one blocking call against Concord the entire night.   Offensively, they are very good, especially #3.  I don't think he missed but two three pointers all night.

D6Bound

February 28, 2019, 10:53:37 am #108 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:56:16 am by D6Bound
Quote from: yesteryearman on February 28, 2019, 10:10:05 am
I read some earlier posts concerning officiating at an earlier Concord Regional game.   The foul differential was significant, with Concord having very few fouls called against them.  I watched the Bradley vs Concord game last night on live stream.   Again, the foul differential was significant.   I don't think I have ever seen a team take as many charges as Concord does.   They appear to have a simple, but effective, defensive game plan.  Don't touch the other players, let them drive to the basket, then take a charge.   I don't recall but one blocking call against Concord the entire night.   Offensively, they are very good, especially #3.  I don't think he missed but two three pointers all night.
Well when you play against a team who can't shoot the ball then why not just sit down in the lane and set charges? Not like they'll beat you anywhere else. It was just a smart move by Concords coach and good execution by the players.

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2019, 10:53:37 am
Well when you play against a team who can't shoot the ball then why not just sit down in the lane and set charges? Not like they'll beat you anywhere else. It was just a smart move by Concords coach and good execution by the players.

Cornett is one of the best in the business.

riccoar

Some of the charges were suspect. The offensive drives to the hole while defending were not at all consistently called. Concord was called for like 6 fouls the entire game where Bradley's was 20 or more. But Concord did look structured. Bradley was never consistent in the things offensively, but they were not getting any contact calls under the basket. That being said, they never really played defense on Cousins which left me scratching my head. He probably could have added another 5-10 had he wanted to.

Ball Hog

Does anyone have the link for the livestream today?

Flobbito

I guess I stopped watching the Calico/Deer game too soon, what a come back.

HorseFeathers

It was 55-30 to start the 4th Q....Calico forced overtime at 63-63

D6Bound

And now...THE MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING

djyungstylez

If we breath too hard on ICC players it's a foul smh

Sportzman12

ICC looks so beatable. Dermott takes this. NO UPSET. Just my prediction. Lol

PTplayer

Bosshog34

No chance Dermott wins this game.  The refs are making sure ICC plays in the finals.  Everything is a foul on Dermott.  I would love to know how many fouls have been called on each team and what the free throw attempts look like for both teams.

Ctucker

Quote from: Bosshog34 on February 28, 2019, 09:26:11 pm
No chance Dermott wins this game.  The refs are making sure ICC plays in the finals.  Everything is a foul on Dermott.  I would love to know how many fouls have been called on each team and what the free throw attempts look like for both teams.
. What is the score?

HorseFeathers

46-41 half is last score I seen

djyungstylez

#14 has about 12 FTs, the last foul was unbareablr !! It was a clear jump ball smh

Ctucker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 28, 2019, 09:29:52 pm
46-41 half is last score I seen
wow high scoring niether team playing defense or what!

Bomberman

D6Bound

Quote from: Sportzman12 on February 28, 2019, 09:12:51 pm
ICC looks so beatable. Dermott takes this. NO UPSET. Just my prediction. Lol
nO uPsEt. jUsT mY pReDiCtIoN.

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Sportzman12

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2019, 09:53:16 pm
nO uPsEt. jUsT mY pReDiCtIoN.

LMAOOOOOOOOO

yeaaa doesn't look so promising anymore lol 😂

D6Bound

Quote from: djyungstylez on February 28, 2019, 09:32:31 pm
#14 has about 12 FTs, the last foul was unbareablr !! It was a clear jump ball smh
You just mad cuz he's cooking y'all!

djyungstylez

D6Bound

February 28, 2019, 10:01:12 pm #130 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:02:58 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: Bosshog34 on February 28, 2019, 09:26:11 pm
Hahahahahahaha love this post!

Woodrow1

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2019, 10:01:12 pm
Hahahahahahaha love this post!

What's that old randy Travis song?  I think Carrie Underwood covered it.

boss85

ICC will have to have an off night to not win the state tournament period. The only teams that can beat ICC consistently this year are 4A and above. And those teams are not in Brockwell!

D6Bound

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 28, 2019, 10:04:31 pm
What's that old randy Travis song?  I think Carrie Underwood covered it.
tHe ReFs ChEaTeD uS

Bosshog34

Definitely thought first half the refs favored ICC but that second half ICC was clearly the better team. 42 and 14 were easily the best two players on the court. Not sure anyone can touch ICC in the semis or finals

D6Bound

February 28, 2019, 10:28:23 pm #135 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:33:08 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: Ctucker on February 28, 2019, 09:36:27 pm
wow high scoring niether team playing defense or what!
No. it was a very competitive game. That was definitely the same Dermott that ICC saw at the beginning of the year. They looked nothing like this in the first round, I can't think of the number for Dermott but their highest scoring player tonight is a stud. Easily can play at the next level.

BasketballNeverStops

Rural Special beat Norfork like they stole something.
Kamryn Sutterfield (So.): 25
Olivia Carlton (Sr.): 22
Abby Linville (So.): 20
Madison Kocher (Sr.): 12

Layne had 36 in her final game as a Lady Panther.

Very impressive showing by the Lady Rebels. All I can say is this: 1A-5 Conference. 1A-5 Conference.

waterboyh20

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2019, 10:28:23 pm
No. it was a very competitive game. That was definitely the same Dermott that ICC saw at the beginning of the year. They looked nothing like this in the first round, I can't think of the number for Dermott but their highest scoring player tonight is a stud. Easily can play at the next level.
That kid is a stud. Nothing but respect for him and Dermott. They fought hard.

Buckets

That #1 defense in the state did prove to be pretty formidable, holding ICC to only 92 points and limiting the 5'10" Sophomore to 42 points.

Credit where credit is due, Dermott played well. They benefitted from a lot of no calls, and used that to make sure the time keeper had to stay put during his usual 4th quarter break.

djyungstylez

Quote from: Buckets on February 28, 2019, 11:48:48 pm
That #1 defense in the state did prove to be pretty formidable, holding ICC to only 92 points and limiting the 5'10" Sophomore to 42 points.

Credit where credit is due, Dermott played well. They benefitted from a lot of no calls, and used that to make sure the time keeper had to stay put during his usual 4th quarter break.

Are you blind?

hsindian

It was a fun game to watch. ICC rebounds a lot better than I thought they would. At times they play olay defense but when they do that defender releases and they look for the long outlet pass.
Dermott shot the ball pretty well. At times they fell in love with the three ball when I think they should have been penetrating a little more. Their press affected ICC a lot also.
Last night was the first time I saw either team play and I didn't think the officiating was bad, some missed calls on both ends but that's basketball. There is a difference in officiating from north to south and a team team that plays a pressing, trapping defense and swipes at the ball a lot is going to get whistled for it a little more. Not much different than Nolan's old arkansas teams, they had to have depth because they were going to get called for a lot of reach in/slam ping fouls.

riccoar

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 28, 2019, 10:46:12 pm
Rural Special beat Norfork like they stole something.
Kamryn Sutterfield (So.): 25
Olivia Carlton (Sr.): 22
Abby Linville (So.): 20
Madison Kocher (Sr.): 12

Layne had 36 in her final game as a Lady Panther.

Very impressive showing by the Lady Rebels. All I can say is this: 1A-5 Conference. 1A-5 Conference.
This kinda performance would beat any team in this tournament.

yesteryearman

Quote from: riccoar on March 01, 2019, 08:28:10 am
This kinda performance would beat any team in this tournament.

If Rural Special keeps playing like they have been playing they will be very difficult to beat.  Wow..... 

yesteryearman

March 01, 2019, 09:05:39 am #143 Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:12:49 am by yesteryearman
And yes, AAA can go ahead and send the State Champ trophy to ICC for next three years........best 1A/B team ever, definitely in top 2

So we will have back to back (Bay). back to back (Guy). back to back to back (ICC), is it to early to start talking about 2022?   Anybody have any great 7th or 8th graders out there?

arstatechamp13

^^^ Was this a serious statement? I'm seriously asking.

waterboyh20

I'm not sure anyone could have beat Rural last night. They put on a show!

yesteryearman

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 01, 2019, 09:16:05 am
^^^ Was this a serious statement? I'm seriously asking.

Do you see anybody competing with ICC this year, next year, or year after that?  If answer is no, then yes it was a serious statement.  Thus, it will be 2021-2022 before there will be any real competition for state championship.  So, who will be playing in 2021-2022, kids who are currently in junior high.....if you think someone will compete with ICC over next 3 years then you can take it as not serious I guess.

arstatechamp13

😂 all it takes is a bad night. The almighty Norfork girls just took a turbo clock butt kicking last night and people were ready to hand them the trophy since November so I'd say anything can happen. That's why we have a tournament instead of taking a vote. If ICC goes back to back that's great but they haven't even won the first one yet. Just some pretty large statements to be making. Maybe they should start traveling out of state to play some competition since Arkansas is too weak for that tier of talent

Batman44

What is the schedule for today, boys and girls? Thanks in advance. Guess I could try to figure it out, but that's a lot of trouble for a po boy like me.

riccoar

Girls

Alpena vs. Emerson 1pm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas