• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A 5 District Tournament at Timbo

Started by JustaFan, February 08, 2019, 03:37:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flobbito

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 16, 2019, 09:43:26 am
Concord only scored 8 points in the second half? That's crazy

Especially considering that Concord absolutely shot lights out in the first half.

thebeast

Only 8 points the entire second half!  Did they just go cold, or did they not get the calls?

Flobbito

February 16, 2019, 12:22:17 pm #52 Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:01:52 pm by Flobbito
Quote from: thebeast on February 16, 2019, 11:43:45 am
Only 8 points the entire second half!  Did they just go cold, or did they not get the calls?
[/quote

Here is what I saw, a team that was red hot (6/7 on threes and they got a 2 point put back on the one they missed) in the first half try to slow it down in the second, then they committed turnovers and cooled way off when they did have shot attempts. I wasn't keeping count, but I bet Concord's made basket total in the first half was higher than their shot attempt total for the second half.

On MVE's side they were cold in the first half missing every three point attempt and a lot of layups. They turned up the defensive pressure in the second half and started making shots.

EVERY game has calls both sides don't like, but MVE earned every bit of this win.

HorseFeathers

And that's the one reason why I'd be in favor of a shot clock...I seem another coach this year blow a 20 point lead, by pulling his team out of a run and gun offense to stall it....

Flobbito

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 16, 2019, 12:35:33 pm
And that's the one reason why I'd be in favor of a shot clock...I seem another coach this year blow a 20 point lead, by pulling his team out of a run and gun offense to stall it....

Well, at the end of the game the tactic worked for MVE so there are pros and cons for the tactic.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Flobbito on February 16, 2019, 12:44:17 pm
Well, at the end of the game the tactic worked for MVE so there are pros and cons for the tactic.

True, I guess you could say some coaches get to comfortable to quick...

thebeast

What time do the games start this evening?

Flobbito

BasketballNeverStops

Girls Championship Final
Wonderview-42
MVE-41

Flobbito

Wonderview by 1 in overtime, man what a game, MVE came up just short.

SportsFan5

Timbo over WSGF 71-56 in the boys championship game.

Bigleague

Did mount Vernon hold wonderview to only 11 points in second half not counting the overtime  minutes?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigleague on February 16, 2019, 11:19:44 pm
Did mount Vernon hold wonderview to only 11 points in second half not counting the overtime  minutes?

Was 27-11 at halftime

Bigleague

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas