• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Junior High

Started by intruder, November 06, 2013, 09:21:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 31, 2016, 07:49:22 pm
Not sure if this streak will still be in tack but this years Mena Jr. High was good but one of the main reasons was a lot of 8th graders playing on it.   Next year Mena will be really tough should be a great game.   Did the Nashville 8th play Mena's 8th this year?
Nashville's 8th beat Mena 21-6

FootBallar21

Ok Nashville's 8th must be really good as well should still be a great game next season.   Also for the record Im 1-0 vs Nashville in Jr. High! 

~WPS~

The JH game this year between Nashville and Mena was pretty good. Nashville trailed for a while and finally pulled away in the 4th quarter. I thought Mena got away from what was working and it cost them. They had a couple of big backs that were hard to get down and they just quit giving it to them late.

Nashville will lose a lot of talent off of this year's team but the 8th graders seem to have a pretty good team too.

FootBallar21

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 01, 2016, 12:53:58 pm
The JH game this year between Nashville and Mena was pretty good. Nashville trailed for a while and finally pulled away in the 4th quarter. I thought Mena got away from what was working and it cost them. They had a couple of big backs that were hard to get down and they just quit giving it to them late.

Nashville will lose a lot of talent off of this year's team but the 8th graders seem to have a pretty good team too.

Yeah one of those big backs for Mena is a 8th grader who is really good,  the game will be in Mena next year too correct if so I'll be there and it should be great one .

~WPS~

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 02, 2016, 01:18:21 pm
Yeah one of those big backs for Mena is a 8th grader who is really good,  the game will be in Mena next year too correct if so I'll be there and it should be great one .
Does Harper usually run the offense for Jr High?

~WPS~

7-4A Championship game tonight @ Arkadelphia

Both teams are undefeated this season. Nashville is going for its 6th straight undefeated season and 56th straight win.

cuckoobird

~WPS~

FootBallar21

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 03, 2016, 10:25:59 am
Ask me again in about 12 hours.

Harper has his system in place throughout the bearcat program regardless of grade,  but there is a separate set of coaches that coach the Jr. High team.   

Also anyone know the Mena / Arkadelphia score in Jr. High this year? 

FootBallar21

Never mind I just located it,  Arkadelphia won a close one 31-28

~WPS~

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 03, 2016, 10:43:32 am
Harper has his system in place throughout the bearcat program regardless of grade,  but there is a separate set of coaches that coach the Jr. High team.   

Also anyone know the Mena / Arkadelphia score in Jr. High this year?
I was curious because I'm pretty sure I saw Harper come out onto the field after the game started and take over play calling mid way through the 1st. Thought that was strange.

~WPS~

8th Grade Game

Nashville 35
Arkadelphia 6

~WPS~

Easter 15 yard TD run

Nashville 7
Arkadelphia 0
3:35 1st

~WPS~

Arkie QB 6 yard TD run

Arkadelphia 8
Nashville 7
0:14 1st

~WPS~

Easter 12 yard TD run as time runs out

Nashville 15
Arkadelphia 8

Halftime

~WPS~

Easter 30 yard TD run

Nashville 21
Arkadelphia 8
0:41 3rd

~WPS~

Easter 1 yard TD run

Nashville 27
Arkadelphia 8
2:48 4th

polksalet

~WPS~

Nashville 27
Arkadelphia 8
Final

Nashville finishes a 6th straight undefeated season and extends the win streak to 56.

Pokey03

Wow! Congrats to Nashville never have to rebuild just reload. I'm curious when is the last time the current 11th graders have lost a football game?

SCRAPPER MOM#1

~WPS~

Lance Easter finished with 25 carries 272 yards, 4 TD.

~WPS~

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 03, 2016, 09:27:22 pm
Wow! Congrats to Nashville never have to rebuild just reload. I'm curious when is the last time the current 11th graders have lost a football game?
Possibly 7th or 8th grade but I have no idea.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 03, 2016, 09:27:22 pm
This years Jr class went 2-6 in 8th grade

FootBallar21

Next yeah in Mena ,  Jr. High Bearcats snap that streak. 

~WPS~

The Jr. Scrappers out scored opponents 366-70, an average of 40.7 to 7.8.

The offense gets the spotlight, but they had one of the best JH defenses I've ever seen.

Top Shelf

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 04, 2016, 08:47:22 am
The Jr. Scrappers out scored opponents 366-70, an average of 40.7 to 7.8.

The offense gets the spotlight, but they had one of the best JH defenses I've ever seen.
agree.  They held Arkadelphia to 75 total yards

~WPS~

A new season is here. Nashville starts the year on a 56 game winning streak. Last night in a scrimmage jamboree they beat El Dorado 20-3 and Magnolia 21-0. Looks like another very talented team.

2017 Schedule
9/7 - vs Magnolia
9/14 - @ Hope
9/21 - @ Bauxite
9/28 - @ Fountain Lake
10/5 - vs Camden Fairview
10/12 - @ Ashdown
10/19 - @ Mena
10/26 - vs Malvern
11/2 - vs Arkadelphia

SCRAPYARD

Nashville 35
Magnolia 0
Halftime

~WPS~

Nashville 35
Magnolia 0
Final

57 game win streak

BigDaddyD

It's going to be a tough night for the team that eventually loses a game!

~WPS~

SCRAPYARD

Marblehog

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 01, 2016, 11:54:59 am
Ok Nashville's 8th must be really good as well should still be a great game next season.   Also for the record Im 1-0 vs Nashville in Jr. High!
Key word Jr. High

Marblehog

It's funny all the Nashville posters used to mouth teams for hanging their hats on junior high and now thats what they have to do. 

cuckoobird

+1 but when you get beat by dequeen, that's what happens

~WPS~

Didn't hang my hat on it 7 years ago when it started and don't now. But we take pride in having success at all levels. Some of you don't have success at any level. Sorry about that.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Marblehog on September 20, 2017, 01:00:55 pm
It's funny all the Nashville posters used to mouth teams for hanging their hats on junior high and now thats what they have to do.

Everyone knows being good in junior high does not equate to always winning in senior high but to be fair, have you seen them play?   The talent level alone is very noticeable.  They play above average almost better than some high school teams, in certain aspects.   

Marblehog

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 10:27:30 am
Everyone knows being good in junior high does not equate to always winning in senior high but to be fair, have you seen them play?   The talent level alone is very noticeable.  They play above average almost better than some high school teams, in certain aspects.
Not this year.  I know the teams from the past few years looked very good in JH but it's not translating to HS.  A lot of it is they had some full grown studs in junior high that never grew anymore and that happens a lot. 

~WPS~

September 21, 2017, 04:15:51 pm #189 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:18:05 pm by ~WPS~
I'd say going 36-3 over the past 3 seasons with 3 straight conference titles and a state title is translating pretty well. As much as we'd like to, it's hard to win state every year.

~WPS~

ResidentOfTheVILL

8th grade team did very well too for the scrappers

Marblehog

Quote from: ~WPS~ on September 21, 2017, 04:15:51 pm
I'd say going 36-3 over the past 3 seasons with 3 straight conference titles and a state title is translating pretty well. As much as we'd like to, it's hard to win state every year.
Im talking about this year and then next year.  We all know Nashville has no prayer tonite. 

ResidentOfTheVILL

Now Wouldn't it just be  funny  if you had to come back and  edit that post after the
game

Marblehog

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on September 22, 2017, 01:26:26 pm
Now Wouldn't it just be  funny  if you had to come back and  edit that post after the
game
LOL yea but I won't. 

ResidentOfTheVILL

Nope didn't happen but sure looked like it was going to  One Heck Of A Game Hats off to both sides on that one

~WPS~

Nashville 49
Fountain Lake 12

ResidentOfTheVILL

Was a AWSOME sight  seeing  all those  Scappers in the end zone lastnight hard to  pick the 8th graders from the 9th GREAT game

~WPS~

Nashville 34
Camden Fairview 12

Neckred

Have they played Mena yet this year?  They are pretty good.  I don't see anyone beating them this year.  Next year Arkadelphia will break the streak

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas