• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Player in 2A

Started by AverageJo24, October 11, 2018, 02:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AverageJo24

Up to this point in the season, who would you say the top player in 2A is?

Greyhound#1

Jordan Turner 1317 yds, 15 tds in 5 games.

JHFootball37

Hands down 100% Jacob Wood. QB for CC. 7 touchdowns last game alone against the "2nd best team in the 2A-5 conference" England. Impossible to contain with his running ability and has an incredibly accurate arm. If you don't believe me come watch a game, its always a show with him behind center. No one else in 2A has the combination of his running/passing ability with his reads.

Eslim03

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 11, 2018, 02:37:54 pm
Kyren Batey period.......

Batey is definitely legit.  Do you know his numbers this year?

bigman5570

Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 11, 2018, 02:18:24 pm
Hands down 100% Jacob Wood. QB for CC. 7 touchdowns last game alone against the "2nd best team in the 2A-5 conference" England. Impossible to contain with his running ability and has an incredibly accurate arm. If you don't believe me come watch a game, its always a show with him behind center. No one else in 2A has the combination of his running/passing ability with his reads.

Definitely this best QB. Player=Batey

bigman5570

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 11, 2018, 02:57:27 pm
Batey is definitely legit.  Do you know his numbers this year?

55car 691 yards, 18td

has thrown for a td as well

Greyhound#1

I was expecting more yards

bigman5570

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 11, 2018, 03:07:50 pm

Quite a few blowout wins, doubt he plays much after half time.

JHFootball37

Quote from: bigman5570 on October 11, 2018, 02:58:05 pm
Definitely this best QB. Player=Batey

I can agree with that. But no other QB is in his category as far as a true dual-threat QB.

Flobbito

12.5 YPC average, dang, how much more do you expect.

Flobbito

Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 11, 2018, 02:18:24 pm

Jacob Wood makes them a contender in any game they play.

bigman5570

Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 11, 2018, 03:14:10 pm
I can agree with that. But no other QB is in his category as far as a true dual-threat QB.

No doubt. He's a game changer.

Partsman

The opposing team can kill your yardage stats by not getting the ball down the field.

Greyhound#1

To me you have go by the numbers and Jordan Turner, RB from Salem is crushing it.  He only played in 2nd half in 1 game. 

bigman5570

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 11, 2018, 04:05:18 pm
To me you have go by the numbers and Jordan Turner, RB from Salem is crushing it.  He only played in 2nd half in 1 game.

How about the eye test?

Greyhound#1

He is fast.  Not as fast as Batey.  I would say in 4.4 to 4.5 speed.  He solid.  It's not not like this kid just came out of  the blue.  He ran for over 2,000 yds last year.

bigman5570

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 11, 2018, 04:24:03 pm
He is fast.  Not as fast as Batey.  I would say in 4.4 to 4.5 speed.  He solid.  It's not not like this kid just came out of  the blue.  He ran for over 2,000 yds last year.

No doubt he's a good player. Just may be a little soon to crown anyone just yet.  ;)

Dogg

He's very good rb but 4.4 to 4.5 is stretching it a bit

coachc9

Hyatt from Magazine should definitely be in the conversation. Kid is a hoss, teams know he will get the ball and still struggle to stop him. Junior that will be even better next year.

Eslim03

Turner is a great player but not better than Batey. The topic is top player 2a and that is Batey if foreman's coach wanted he could have 2000 yards already. He has rushed 55 times and 18 of those are TD's. Also threw for a score and returned one punt for a 76 yard Td. 20 total TDS and has played less minutes than any other player mentioned.

IdaLions

Kyren Batey is the best Athlete. Best passing QB is Jacob Wood. A very underrated running QB is Cade Jackson from Mount Ida, kid is slippery.

couch-coach06

Batey usually only carries it 5-10 times a game .. now tommorow night that want be the case nor will it be in the playoffs I think he had close too 1000 yards just in the play offs last year ..

Eslim03

Foreman's total plays was 24 last game and 21 plays against Dierks that is total plays ran in the entire game. What is Turner's carry totals? He may have ran the ball more than foreman's offensive plays total for the season.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: bigman5570 on October 11, 2018, 02:59:43 pm
55car 691 yards, 18td

has thrown for a td as well
on 55 carries!!!
That's almost 13 yards per carry

Eslim03

Yes that's about what he averaged last year. His stats last year was 2043 yards on 169 carries I believe.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 11, 2018, 06:25:29 pm
on 55 carries!!!
That's almost 13 yards per carry

Turner has around 86 carries.  15 ypc

Hasbeen92

Toll & Perry for Hazen do it on both sides of ball not saying they are the best but 2A (More so than any other class) you have to play both sides

Greyhound#1

Almost sure every player mentioned plays both ways.  It's 2a football

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 11, 2018, 08:47:16 pm
Almost sure every player mentioned plays both ways.  It's 2a football
Wood does not I'm not sure about Turner or if he is good on defense Batey is good on both sides of ball playing on both sides doesn't make u good on both sides

Redzone

Definitely Karen Batey. Kid usually has over a 100yds rushing in the first quarter on just  3-4 carries.

bigworm

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 11, 2018, 09:02:09 pm
Wood does not I'm not sure about Turner or if he is good on defense Batey is good on both sides of ball playing on both sides doesn't make u good on both sides

Turner plays defense and is pretty good.  Not sure his defensive stats.  I definitely think Batey is the best 2a player but Turner is defiantly right behind him.

The Boz

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 11, 2018, 08:27:45 pm
Toll & Perry for Hazen do it on both sides of ball not saying they are the best but 2A (More so than any other class) you have to play both sides

Not the best players on there team. Penn and Green are best on Hazen and top players in 2A

Hasbeen92

Quote from: The Boz on October 11, 2018, 10:37:44 pm
Not the best players on there team. Penn and Green are best on Hazen and top players in 2A
More to football than toting the ball I look at entire game blocking, discipline, effort and tackling

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The Boz on October 11, 2018, 10:37:44 pm

So that is why Toll is the #1 recruit in Arkansas for the 2020 class and the #16 athlete in the country? And Green is like 25 for the state.

Toll is hands down the best player in 2A for the 2020 class. And would have to be in the top 3 this year as well. I'm sure he has more offers than any other 2A player.

IdaLions

Here is a question, who is the best Offensive Player hands down, and who is the best Defensive Player?

purplehajj

Defense I would say kade perry kid is a animal

i40traveler

Offensive Player has to be Batey.  He carried his team to a state title last year and is doing more of the same this season.

Defensive player is Kade Perry at Hazen. 

IdaLions

Quote from: purplehajj on October 12, 2018, 10:21:14 am
Defense I would say kade perry kid is a animal

Tell me more about this Kade Perry

AverageJo24

I believe I read that Turner runs 4.6
I saw the rector game. Kid can move.

Partsman

On defense Chris Haywood is no slouch.

Dogg

Quote from: AverageJo24 on October 12, 2018, 10:53:32 am
I believe I read that Turner runs 4.6
I saw the rector game. Kid can move.
That's not a compliment to say he was moving against Rector. Turner runs hard, has excellent vision and very strong. He's probably high end 4.6-4.7 range

Greyhound#1

I believe he was clocked at UCA camp this summer at 4.5 something.  That 4.6 was what he was clock at his 10th grade year.

AverageJo24

Quote from: Dogg on October 12, 2018, 05:21:59 pm
That's not a compliment to say he was moving against Rector. Turner runs hard, has excellent vision and very strong. He's probably high end 4.6-4.7 range

I forget that your speed changes from week to week. Looks like he's moving pretty good against Marked Tree this week. . Quit trying to find negative things to say. That first sentence wasn't even needed.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: IdaLions on October 12, 2018, 10:50:06 am
Tell me more about this Kade Perry

playing with a bad knee still had 16 tackles against des arc his dad and grandpa were beasts on defense I played with his dad and my uncle (who lettered for Razorbacks) played with his grandpa very strong and play hard very humble I don't know Cade personally but I'm sure Apple didn't fall far from tree

Dogg

Quote from: AverageJo24 on October 12, 2018, 08:07:00 pm
I forget that your speed changes from week to week. Looks like he's moving pretty good against Marked Tree this week. . Quit trying to find negative things to say. That first sentence wasn't even needed.
its not a negative it's the truth. Who wouldn't look like a speed demon against Rector or Marked Tree

couch-coach06

Tonight is the reason batey is the best player on the best team in 2a football!

Redzone

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 12, 2018, 09:21:42 pm
Tonight is the reason batey is the best player on the best team in 2a football!

Exactly!

Greyhound#1

Jordan Turner tonight  16 carries 327 yds 6 TDs. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas