• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 6 E.P.C. @ des arc

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, September 30, 2016, 09:58:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

September 30, 2016, 09:58:51 pm Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:01:53 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Both teams are 4-1, both teams with a win over Augusta.  Des arc lost to undefeated 3A bald knob and e.p.c. lost to Walnut Ridge. Should be a nice game to gauge where the teams are against a non conference playoff team.

Hornet4ever

Donnie Jamon

I think it will be a good game but could be wrong. That is if we can run it and hold onto the ball.

bdubyab60

Should be a competitive game. Not sure if I'm making the drive yet but we will see.

Donnie Jamon

Pick, surely y'all will rest some starters to make sure y'all win the conf.. right?

Donnie Jamon

Just look at your schedule.. How are you guys going to play @ open and play us in the same week 😂

big E

This should be a real good game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 01, 2016, 12:41:25 am
Pick, surely y'all will rest some starters to make sure y'all win the conf.. right?
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 01, 2016, 12:44:41 am
Just look at your schedule.. How are you guys going to play @ open and play us in the same week 😂

Probably rest the starters against open, and let them play against yall. Maybe we will get lucky and win both games. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

RiverEagle079

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 01, 2016, 12:41:25 am
Not a chance in the world lol

Old Scrapper

This should be a good game to watch!

Donnie Jamon

Keep me updated if possible. I know it is 6-0 DA end 1q. Is this good so far?

hssportfan

Donnie Jamon

Dang glad our offense came to play lol. I know DA has a good D tho

mtindian42

Old Scrapper

I remember those days of having a offense!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Da held epc at the 7 on downs. Had a chance. Good Def DA

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Epc ball on 38 with 18 sec left

Donnie Jamon

Dang Epc had a chance. Lost 12-6. Good game DA and to our guys to

RiverEagle079

good job guys looks like it was a heck of a fight

2aball

October 08, 2016, 01:34:51 am #24 Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:20:39 am by 2aball
Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 07, 2016, 08:58:28 pm
good job guys looks like it was a heck of a fight

Flat out dog fight. Neither team had anything to hang their heads about tonight.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

One question, how did yall lose to Walnut Ridge?

2aball

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 08, 2016, 08:56:01 am
One question, how did yall lose to Walnut Ridge?

Walnut Ridge is actually a pretty good team this year. I think they will finish pretty highly in their conference. I was really surprised to see them slip up last night and drop a game to Osceola. It was the worst game EPC played all year though. They just couldnt get anything going offensively that night. Just one of those games. The line had a hard time with those big boys from Walnut Ridge and. The DL had a lot of trouble with the pulling guards. He was a big boy and just opened stuff up.

Walnut Ridge ran their offense pretty effectively that night. It was still a game though going into the 4th quarter. I think it was 12-8 with about 10 minutes left and then Walnut Ridge blew up open. Since it was second game of the season and hot I just chalked it up to EPC simply got worn down late and gave up a big play or two and kind of laid down at that point.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 2aball on October 08, 2016, 09:20:00 am
Walnut Ridge is actually a pretty good team this year. I think they will finish pretty highly in their conference. I was really surprised to see them slip up last night and drop a game to Osceola. It was the worst game EPC played all year though. They just couldnt get anything going offensively that night. Just one of those games. The line had a hard time with those big boys from Walnut Ridge and. The DL had a lot of trouble with the pulling guards. He was a big boy and just opened stuff up.

Walnut Ridge ran their offense pretty effectively that night. It was still a game though going into the 4th quarter. I think it was 12-8 with about 10 minutes left and then Walnut Ridge blew up open. Since it was second game of the season and hot I just chalked it up to EPC simply got worn down late and gave up a big play or two and kind of laid down at that point.

Thanks

bdubyab60

For some reason even when we our teams were winning the conference we had trouble with walnut ridge. This year they just controlled the line of scrimmage the whole game. Defense was on the filed the entire game. It happens.

I thought this would be a good game and sucks that I missed it.

Donnie Jamon

DA has always had good LB's..  I thought Driver would be able to get outside on them but don't look like that happened..  Also thought DA might be able to pass on us and just wear us down in the 4th q but we stood our ground.  Yep this looked like one of the best games of the night with Cross C and Salem.. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 08, 2016, 10:04:58 am
For some reason even when we our teams were winning the conference we had trouble with walnut ridge. This year they just controlled the line of scrimmage the whole game. Defense was on the filed the entire game. It happens.

I missed it too.

This was like a round 2 or 3 playoff game. Should really help both teams come playoff time.

2aball

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 08, 2016, 10:04:58 am

Yeah WR literally had the ball the whole game that night. The stat guy told me a few days later that WR T.O.P was like 41 minutes. That's absolutely insane.

2aball

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 08, 2016, 11:51:25 am
I missed it too.

This was like a round 2 or 3 playoff game. Should really help both teams come playoff time.

I think it'd be great to see these two teams match up again late in the playoffs. Both teams would go in pumped up knowing they had a war on their hands.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas