• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers for Hampton

Started by Dr. Defense, September 27, 2016, 05:42:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hgalum50

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelations 21:4  This scripture spoke to me about this situation so i thought i would post it. Pain doesnt last forever we may mourn and sob and i may not know this man personally but he seemed like a man of God serving the Lord with his God given talent and thats football. Impacting young men daily. My prayers are with the Hampton community and may God bless all of our souls.

bleudog

September 28, 2016, 11:19:37 am #51 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:37:36 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dawgpound on September 28, 2016, 09:15:56 am
Coach Mac in his short time here at Hampton had a huge impact on these players, and on coach Ables.  they worked very good together coach Mac understood coach Ables and what he was trying to do here. he will be missed by players students and fans.  Just Saturday him and his lineman went to eat and watch UAM play,  that is where he played college football,  and just yesterday they watched Greater as a team, but more importantly he had given his life to the lord Love you  coach

A publicly-shared Facebook post from AW's sister concerning the place the Lord held in her husband's life: 

"Don't quit."

These were words that Jorre spoke to me often, especially when I was having a hard day with my health. These words were words that I would hang out to, and these are words that I hang on to now. He was not only a coach to many students, but he was my life coach. That is who he was.

What else do I want you to know about my sweet Jorbear's life? I want you to know the MOST important thing about his time with us here on earth. He knew CHRIST- personally, passionately and lovingly. Not too long into us dating, a friend of his uncle's witnessed to him while he was visiting his aunt and uncle in Memphis. He called me sobbing with tears of JOY because he said he gave his life over to Jesus, and let me tell you, the change was evident. He became a man who loved God, who said his calling was to coach and touch kids' lives. His life as a coach was not centered around winning games, but it was centered around making a positive impact on his kids in Christ's name and with LOVE.

If there is anything I want you all to do, anything at all, love God like Jorre loved him. Don't quit. Don't give up when it gets hard. Trust in the Lord and know that He is ALWAYS GOOD, even when it hurts. Jorre had a faith that was unlike any other. Just last week he told me, "Lex, you won't be sick forever. God is going to heal you."

How can I be angry about his departure or question God's purpose? I can't. More than anything, I am thankful that I know he is with the Lord at this moment. If you are at a loss and confused about his passing- I ask that you remember his phrase, DON'T QUIT. And if you don't know Christ, if you don't have a relationship with him like Jorre did, I plead with you- do. DO IT NOW. Call me. Call a pastor or a friend who is a believer, because we don't know when our time will come.

And to all of you who have reached out, texted, posted so many beautiful things on my FB-- THANK YOU. My coach is gone from this earth but not forever. I will be with him and our Savior one day. But I need you all to lift up me, my family and his family in prayer. And remember...

DON'T QUIT.

MomaLion

Such a tragic loss...there are no words but know that y'all are in our thoughts and prayers.

SR30

Prayers for everyone from Glen Rose

Lions84

Prayers sent for the Family, friends and players.

RiverEagle079

prayers from me heard about it on 103.7 this morning awful thing to hear

WPWells

Prayers for the family, including AW, as well as the whole Hampton community

sickwillie

FF friends:

There will be a candle light vigil in memory of coach Mac tomorrow night at 7, I know we all have tight schedules and most probably won't be able to make it with JR high games and other things. I just thought I would share

bdubyab60

Prayers from Tyronzaand Lepanto

curtain caller

cuz

Matthew 5:4 - Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

bleudog

AirWarren

bleudog

Legendhogan51

Prayers fome The Cross County T-birds family

Dayton Kitchens

While some will no doubt criticize the coaches decision to stop taking his high blood pressure medication because it bothered his stomach,  I would like to point out (speaking from personal experience) that most high blood pressure medications recommend you avoid high temperatures and direct sunlight exposure while taking them. 

This is one reason my doctor recommended I take my blood pressure medicine first thing in the morning and late in the evening.

But needless to say,  avoiding direct sunlight and high temperatures is a tall order for a football coach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas