• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Pine Cancels Yet Again

Started by JackofallTrades, September 26, 2016, 09:08:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackofallTrades

The word is they were just trying to make it through Homecoming and cancel rest of the way. How sorry is that? If you got enough to play then play. You are going against a team in a similar situation with numbers so it could've been a great match up..Jk Jk

Rida4Life

Very simple.... if the AAA would have a spine then this wouldn't happen.  Not fair to the teams on their schedule.
Fine them every week they don't field until they fold it up or suck it up and play.

JackofallTrades

stuck in between

Cancels this upcoming week, or for the rest of the season?

JackofallTrades

Upcoming week but I'm sure they'll cancel on the rest of the way because homecoming is in the books!! Could be wrong though!!

Bigpoppie

so are they finished for the year or are they just gonna go on a week to week basis? 

Lions84

AAA needs to put a stop to this nonsense.

stuck in between

I somewhat see both sides. If you have kids that really want to play and are beat up and can't that's one thing, but on the other hand just selecting what games you want to play and setting out the others isn't right either. As much as it will hurt the kids at Mt. Pine to loose the program it isn't fair to other teams to just up and cancel on a whim. For instance they are Foreman's last regular season game which I'm sure has been scheduled for Sr. Night, if they just decide that Monday they are gonna toss the towel there will be several kids and parents robbed of that experience. Not to mention the possibilities of some schools having to reschedule Homecomings for the same reason. I played at a school where numbers were low and they eventually lost their program due to that reason. I hate to see it happen, but sometimes you got to hold'em or fold'em. Might be time for the latter of those two.

Bigpoppie

I agree I know scheduling someone else at this point is more than likely out of the question, but some teams could possibly play jv games that week if they know they arent playing

couch-coach06

Quote from: stuck in between on September 27, 2016, 09:40:18 am
I somewhat see both sides. If you have kids that really want to play and are beat up and can't that's one thing, but on the other hand just selecting what games you want to play and setting out the others isn't right either. As much as it will hurt the kids at Mt. Pine to loose the program it isn't fair to other teams to just up and cancel on a whim. For instance they are Foreman's last regular season game which I'm sure has been scheduled for Sr. Night, if they just decide that Monday they are gonna toss the towel there will be several kids and parents robbed of that experience. Not to mention the possibilities of some schools having to reschedule Homecomings for the same reason. I played at a school where numbers were low and they eventually lost their program due to that reason. I hate to see it happen, but sometimes you got to hold'em or fold'em. Might be time for the latter of those two.

Kinda falls at a good time for the gators ... if we make the playoffs get to go watch our oponet that week and an extra week to prepare for round 1

Bigdog78

They should just go ahead and cancel the season so the other teams will know where they stand. Maybe pick up some jv games to keep the program alive. Focus on building numbers at the jr high level to build for the future.

Proud Buckaroo

This shouldn't be allowed... I understand kids being hurt and you need to get them well, but it seems they are picking and choosing which games to play.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 27, 2016, 03:20:58 pm
This shouldn't be allowed... I understand kids being hurt and you need to get them well, but it seems they are picking and choosing which games to play.

marvel has been doing it for years

Blue

The gruby butt AAA is not going to stop anything they think might create 1 dime in revenue. They should be forced in or out by August 15th. Mountain Pine has a kid that can play too he should be able to go somewhere that has a team. Dierks had to play them luckily nobody got injured but if they had Dierks loses a player in a game other teams in the 7AA don't bother with. The list of negatives go on and on.

AT

Is everybody's probably here that they are forfeiting games at all or the fact that Mountain Pine is forfeiting one week and then not the next?

I have met the Mountain Pine coaches and I think they would do anything to get their kids out there.

beaverfan007

And they use to be a power house ... On to basketball season

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beaverfan007 on September 27, 2016, 09:01:07 pm
And they use to be a power house ... On to basketball season

I can remember the last time they were really good.....Them and Danville played for the 5-2a Conference Crown that year I believe...Danville threatened to throw fans out that were standing on the track on the Mountain Pine side, who had been standing on the track all game, but it became a problem when Pine took the lead...hahah, Pine Eventually lost that game tho..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas