• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rival Game! Magnet cove vs Poyen

Started by magnetcove60, September 25, 2016, 06:06:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

magnetcove60

Bigditchlion

SR30

I will go with the cove on this one. Look for them to rebound big this week

Rida4Life

Serious question... it seems that Cove has struggled with Poyen...... why is that exactly?  I know Barrett is a good coach but I haven't been wowed by Poyen's talent.... Just looking for some local insight on this one.

All that said, Cove rights the ship this week in a close one.
Panthers 21-14

Classof08

Quote from: Rida4Life on September 26, 2016, 11:17:02 am
Serious question... it seems that Cove has struggled with Poyen...... why is that exactly?  I know Barrett is a good coach but I haven't been wowed by Poyen's talent.... Just looking for some local insight on this one.

All that said, Cove rights the ship this week in a close one.
Panthers 21-14
really all negativity aside but they have won because it's not hard to stop the mc offense. They run 6-7 plays and that's it. And also Barret coaches do a great job on getting there boys hyped up for the game. Had they not lost there rb and qb it would've been another win for poyen this year.

beaverfan007

Is magnet ever gonna get tired of losing and clean house on the coaching staff  or are they content with staying at the bottom of the conference

SR30

Careful beaverfan they will come at you with claws and teeth for talking about their beloved efird

SR30

They sure haven't been at the bottom of their conference. They came in last year above quitman, Bigelow, cutter, and Mt pine who between the 4 teams had a massive record of 8 wins and 35 losses. So they are rolling

N2DEEP

SR when we played we were not much better record wise. I mean your senior season we were 3-6, my senior year we were 4-6.

The Barrett bros have always looked at MC as their main rival and hype game; where as MC never really has.

If the MC coaching staff can get cohesive in a strategy and the boys can execute the passing game better I think MC will win.

I have not seen any Poyen games, but MC did play better at the QB spot last week which is promising. His main issue right now is time to throw and learning to read thru receiver progressions. it seems as if he throws to a specific spot each pass play no matter if they are open or not. I would also like to see #20 and #21 get the ball more.

I predict a closer game than it should be, but MC 24 vs Poyen 16.

purpleswag

Quote from: beaverfan007 on September 27, 2016, 09:03:51 pm
Is magnet ever gonna get tired of losing and clean house on the coaching staff  or are they content with staying at the bottom of the conference

I just went and looked at their records from the previous years and besides last year and so far this year they have won a lot of games.

The head coach has nearly a 70% winning percentage in his time there. I'd say that pretty good.

SR30

Deep you are right on that...however you and I know the last year or two our coaching staff was on the way out. On top of that my Sr year we started the season with 19 players and ended with like 13. We had no chance of anything that year. Mc dressed 42 or 43 at the beginning of this year

SR30

I to believe Mc pulls out the victory. Poyen has had some serious injuries this year

SR30

mrknowitall

Everyone says Poyen pumps this game up as a big game and mc doesn't. Pretty sure a mc poster started this thread....🐸☕️...but that's none of my business

beaverfan007

If poyen wins mc coaching staff will be fired

guess1022

Poyen thinks of Magnet Cove week as Super Bowl week. They were still hyped on it at graduation. Honestly if Poyen only beat Magnet it would be a successful year for them.

purpleswag

beaverfan007

They should never lose to poyen but I think it's the difference in the coaching staff at poyen they know how to light the fire under there kids where mc coaches don't get that fired up about it

SR30

Because we know the potential MC has..best group of athletes they have had in a few years. Huge lineman who should push most teams around.

SR30

The best group in the last few years I said. And you answered one question about the coach. Yes they are big but not strong, that comes from no discipline in the weight room..

Bagheera

Big doesn't always equal good linemen.  And to say this is the most athletic group is laughable.  I love these kids but I can think of maybe two of them that would have even started on previous teams. 

SR30

Wow talk about flipping. I'm trying to pay them a compliment and boost confidence..dang

Bagheera

No flipping here just stating the facts that you are leaving out of your credible coaching evaluation.  Can coaching improve?  Always. but to say that these are the most athletic kids to come through magnet is not true. I love this bunch of kids like my own and expect them to turn things around starting this week. 

P.P.R.D.

LET THE PLAYERS---------PLAY
LET THE COACHES--------COACH
LET THE SPECTATORS----BE POSITIVE
A Coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment.
Think on it!!!!!!!!!

Ventman

Quote from: P.P.R.D. on September 30, 2016, 02:08:03 pm
A Coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment.
Think on it!!!!!!!!!
Strong first post but I agree most of the time.

SR30

Bagherra where did you read best group ever???? For the third time as I quote myself "best group of athletes the last few years" please completely read in detail before you quote others...

Bagheera

LET SR30------------------POST ON GLEN ROSE TOPICS

P.P.R.D.

AMEN   BAGHEERA
EVERY ONE IS QUICK TO JUMP ON THE "LETS GET RID OF THE COACHES BAND WAGON"
MAGNET COVE FOOTBALL IS GOING THROUGH A ROUGH PATCH. WE NEED SOME OF THE
BOYS ON THE TEAM TO TAKE A LEADERSHIP ROLE AND GET THE TEAM MOTIVATED. 
WHEN THAT HAPPENS WE WILL BE FINE.   

Bigditchlion

Hey your cap lock is on. Good post though.

SR30

LET'S HOPE POYEN DOESN'T MERCY RULE YOU LIKE 2 YEARS AGO

mastermind10

A real exciting match-up of football powers... go tigers!

SR30

Congrats to the cove...good win tonight...keep rolling

Brian G

SR30

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas