• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Predictions Week 5

Started by stuck in between, September 24, 2016, 04:38:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Well folks it is hard to believe that at the end of this upcoming Friday night the 2016 regular season will be half over with. At this point the 7-2A is setting at an overall record of 13 and 19. There have been a couple of surprise teams emerge as true contenders along with a couple of teams appearing to be on the brink of destruction. Mt. Ida still sets on the top and no doubt will have to be dethroned. Can one of it's fellow conference competitors accomplish this feat? That is yet to be seen. Some separation was made last Friday with Mt. Ida, Dierks, Foreman, and Murfreesboro all recording victories. What will this week bring?

Springhill at Lafayette County (7) - The Bears played the Gators hard for a quarter and a half before Foreman was finally able to overcome some questionable calls and put them away. L.C. will be coming into the game at 0-4 and tied with Mt. Pine with the worst record in the conference. Judging by the margin of loss by each team to their common foes thus far I think the nod has to go to the home team.

Mt. Ida (28) at Murfreesboro - The Lions will travel to the diamond mind looking to dig up another victory against the Rattlers who is coming off what to some was a surprise win against staggering Lafayette County. Murfreesboro will be pumped after beating L.C. in a close one, but they will be no match for Mt. Ida.

Mt. Pine at Mineral Springs (20) - Mt. Pine makes the road trip to Howard County to take on the Hornets, Mineral was able to put 18 (2nd highest allowed this year) on the board last Friday against defending conference champ Mt. Ida While Mt. Pine suffered a beat down From Dierks. I'm afraid the Red Devils will continue with recent tradition and take another spanking.

Foreman (10) at Dierks - Without a doubt the most interesting game in the 7 this week. Foreman is coming off its 3rd consecutive mercy rule victory and for the first time in a long time actually believe they can win. Dierks has had two respectable losses along with a win over 3-A Horatio and struggling Mt. Pine. Playing this game at Dierks will not make the chore any easier for sure, but I think the Gators pull out their 4th straight win. 

couch-coach06

Redzone

I believe whoever wins this game will give Mt. Ida a run for their money. The lions need to watch out for these two teams.

Redzone

Quote from: Redzone on September 24, 2016, 08:19:14 pm
I believe whoever wins this game will give Mt. Ida a run for their money. The lions need to watch out for these two teams.

The Dierks V Foreman game is what I'm referring to

stuck in between

Redzone

If Foreman or Dierks beat Mt. Ida do they deserve to be in the top 10???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Redzone on September 24, 2016, 10:16:56 pm

yes

tacklethis...

Being in the top 10 is the least of my worries...

stuck in between

Ole Man River

My Week 5 Picks and Standings.
1. Mt Ida 4-0, 1-0 (13)
2. Foreman 3-1 1-0 (13)
3. Dierks 2-2 1-0 (13)
4. Murfressboro 2-2 1-0 (2)
5. Spring Hill 1-3 0-1 (0)
6. Mineral Springs 1-3 0-1 (0)
7. Lafayette County 0-4 0-1 (0)
8. Mountain Pine 0-4 0-1 (0)

Mt Ida 42 Murfressboro 7
Spring Hill 20 Lafayette County 18
Mineral Springs 42 Mountain Pine 6
Foreman 28 Dierks 27

OMR OUT!!!

stuck in between

Quote from: Redzone on September 24, 2016, 10:16:56 pm

To answer your question yes, but with that being said I think it would be best for the Gators if they did squeak through the next three weeks without a loss to remain unnoticed. Success is new to this program and sometimes it's hard to manage something your not use to having. It might be best to continue to fly under the radar as long as they can.

couch-coach06

Ehh maybe but this senior class is very mature and the underclassman have done nothing but win there whole careers peewee through junior they may have lost 2 or 3 gAmes

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Mt Ida  38,  Murf  0
SH 16,  LC 22
MS 42, MP 6
Foreman 28 Dierks 34

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas