• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman@Dierks

Started by Outlawfreak, September 24, 2016, 10:39:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollerboy79

If the officiating crew that was at Foreman last night is down at the Holler tonight, it could be a loooooong night for the Outlaws.

Eslim03

Really the officials cost the junior outlaws the game? Lol it was a 40-12 final score.

couch-coach06

Quote from: tacklethis... on September 30, 2016, 08:50:36 am
I just drove by the field and scoreboard is on already. Dierks already has scored 14 points...

Why do you think I gave them 20 😂

Hollerboy79

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 30, 2016, 12:21:04 pm
Really the officials cost the junior outlaws the game? Lol it was a 40-12 final score.
No, that's not what I said Islam. There is no doubt who the better team was last night. Those kids from Foreman could beat Alcorn St. Saturday. Several times there was a positive play of any kind on our side of the ball those flags went to flying.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 30, 2016, 12:21:04 pm

Seems Hollerboy was making a statement about poor officiating.  You would have to read a lot into it to assume he was saying refs were the difference in the game. 

Somebody has their stinger out today!!!  Gator faithful aren't used to "big game" day in the fall.  Oh and it was only a jr high game!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tacklethis...

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 12:24:57 pm
Why do you think I gave them 20 😂

I will bet we find a way to score more than 20. 8)

couch-coach06

Might do it ... just got a gut feeling the speed will be too much to handle on both sides of the ball ..

Hollerboy79

On a lighter note, the fact that this thread made it to a second page for the first time since 07 means good things for this conference! I love it!

tacklethis...

September 30, 2016, 12:41:49 pm #58 Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:45:03 pm by tacklethis...
Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 12:39:01 pm
Might do it ... just got a gut feeling the speed will be too much to handle on both sides of the ball ..

Yep, me too. :o

I also think your numbers may hurt you late in the game...and you really havent had to play 4 quarters since week one...

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 12:39:01 pm

I've been told that Foreman secondary hasn't played too well.  Front seven are the studs.  I haven't seen them play so its hear-say.  If that's the case, Dierks could use their speed against them on defense.  Offensive speed.....well that's a whole other story.  Gotta play assignment football and tackle well.  Explosive offenses are going to get big plays.

Again, it should be a good game with contrasting styles.  Option attack vs the spread.  Gators vs Outlaws......Playoff implication kinda conjures up the game in the fall of 1990 when #2 seed was on the line.  Heckuva game that was won by the Gators.  Back when only 2 teams went to the playoffs and Mineral Springs had already locked up the #1 seed.

Eslim03

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on September 30, 2016, 12:31:42 pm
Seems Hollerboy was making a statement about poor officiating.  You would have to read a lot into it to assume he was saying refs were the difference in the game. 

Somebody has their stinger out today!!!  Gator faithful aren't used to "big game" day in the fall.  Oh and it was only a jr high game!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We didn't bring up the game last night holler boy did. Sounds like the excuses might be getting lined up for the "big game".

tacklethis...

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on September 30, 2016, 12:46:05 pm
I've been told that Foreman secondary hasn't played too well.  Front seven are the studs.  I haven't seen them play so its hear-say.  If that's the case, Dierks could use their speed against them on defense.  Offensive speed.....well that's a whole other story.  Gotta play assignment football and tackle well.  Explosive offenses are going to get big plays.

Again, it should be a good game with contrasting styles.  Option attack vs the spread.  Gators vs Outlaws......Playoff implication kinda conjures up the game in the fall of 1990 when #2 seed was on the line.  Heckuva game that was won by the Gators.  Back when only 2 teams went to the playoffs and Mineral Springs had already locked up the #1 seed.

There was an 80 yard punt in that game...

tacklethis...

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 30, 2016, 12:47:04 pm
We didn't bring up the game last night holler boy did. Sounds like the excuses might be getting lined up for the "big game".

If Foreman wins, I can promise you it will not be the refs fault. ;)

Hollerboy79

No excuses Eslime, just making an opinionative statement. I was told after the game that it would be the same crew.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

He brought it up, yes.  He didn't say it determined outcome of the game.  Surely the Gators are familiar with bad officiating.  Seems I've seen them at basketball & softball games too being very vocal.  Doesn't always change outcome of the game, but BAD is BAD. 

And surely both sides will wait until after the game to formulate their excuses!!!

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: tacklethis... on September 30, 2016, 12:48:03 pm
There was an 80 yard punt in that game...

You must be the punter......or punter's dad!!!!

couch-coach06

Our corners have not been tested but if you think our secondary is week go ahead and go across the middle ... big physical safteys

stuck in between

Might be a little off subject, but do any of you remember where the winner of the game referred to above got an all expense paid trip to?

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: stuck in between on September 30, 2016, 12:58:24 pm

Might be a little off subject, but do any of you remember where the winner of the game referred to above got an all expense paid trip to?

tackle probably does......he was the punter!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 12:57:11 pm
Our corners have not been tested but if you think our secondary is week go ahead and go across the middle ... big physical safteys

My eligibility is long since gone.  Yours probably is too. 

I prefaced that statement as hear-say for that very reason.  I certainly don't think coaches of either team resort to hear-say.  There's this thing called HUDL that occupies their time more than barber shops or message boards. 

oh, btw, its "weak", not "week".  We got big physical English teachers where I'm from.

couch-coach06

Well good they can watch the hudl and see people comeing across the middle getting the heck knocked out of them

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 01:05:02 pm
Well good they can watch the hudl and see people comeing across the middle getting the heck knocked out of them

among other things yes

stuck in between

Both teams will probably have issues stopping each other. With our corners not really being tested so far this season it is yet to be seen if they can/will step up and make plays when needed. Our line will have to get pressure on the QB and cause him to make early throws or bad throws in order to help out. As far as the middle I don't see too many passes getting completed in that area of the field. This is going to definitely be a good game to use as a measuring stick to see just how good we are.

Eslim03

Stuck in between you have to referring to sparkman. That's the team that knocked the gators out of the playoffs.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: stuck in between on September 30, 2016, 01:12:28 pm
Both teams will probably have issues stopping each other. With our corners not really being tested so far this season it is yet to be seen if they can/will step up and make plays when needed. Our line will have to get pressure on the QB and cause him to make early throws or bad throws in order to help out. As far as the middle I don't see too many passes getting completed in that area of the field. This is going to definitely be a good game to use as a measuring stick to see just how good we are.

Seems like a very unbiased opinion......are you sure you're in the right place?  Coach couch might be offended.

Eslim03

The era that was brought up was some of the gators better teams.

stuck in between

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 30, 2016, 01:16:49 pm
Stuck in between you have to referring to sparkman. That's the team that knocked the gators out of the playoffs.

That is true my friend. Now I find myself cheering for the Gators. My how things have changed.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 30, 2016, 01:20:14 pm
The era that was brought up was some of the gators better teams.

Happened to see them a few times back in those days.  They had lots of talent for sure.  Different kind of football back then, but tough defenses and strong linemen were the difference.  Every decent team had some good backs. 

stuck in between

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on September 30, 2016, 01:23:04 pm
Happened to see them a few times back in those days.  They had lots of talent for sure.  Different kind of football back then, but tough defenses and strong linemen were the difference.  Every decent team had some good backs.

I feel as though this is still going to hold true tonight.

couch-coach06

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on September 30, 2016, 01:17:36 pm
Seems like a very unbiased opinion......are you sure you're in the right place?  Coach couch might be offended.

He said the same thing about them I said .. he just wasn't a jerk about it

tacklethis...

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 01:05:02 pm

Have you even played anyone that throws the ball?

couch-coach06

No spring hill tried too a lil and did score on a pass play where the corner was way out of position ...they tried some short passes across the middle that did not end well ... as I said earlier in the thread I'm anxious to play a team that throws it around a lil as most 2a teams are more suspect on pass d than the run but I do feel confident in our saftey play

Eslim03

Our scrimmage against centerpoint we defended the pass fairly well. They have a stud QB and threw some two dimes that night for sure. Good coverage on both.

couch-coach06

Problem is unless they get down and have to pass I doubt Dierks throws it that much

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 01:57:04 pm
Problem is unless they get down and have to pass I doubt Dierks throws it that much

????  When fully staffed, Dierks runs a "spread" offense.  Kind of the whole philosophy is passing from a spread offense.  Run game works well but only if the defense gets "spread" out trying to defend. 

I'm not the coach and you aren't either, so I guess we will see what happens.  But if Dierks QB is 100%, I suspect they will pass the ball quite a bit.  Especially if your interior play is as good as advertised.  Short, quick passes to the outside = long runs for DTs & DEs.  Depth could come into play if tempo game works in Outlaws favor.

couch-coach06

Sounds great I think big blue nation will be leaving with there heads down this evening

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 02:42:58 pm
Sounds great I think big blue nation will be leaving with there heads down this evening

Game is at Dierks, right?

couch-coach06

You gona sleep at the field ?

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 02:50:29 pm
You gona sleep at the field ?

What field?  I hope I'm gona sleep at home tonight.

Hollerboy79

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on September 30, 2016, 02:54:29 pm
What field?  I hope I'm gona sleep at home tonight.
I feel sorry for the English department at FHS.

couch-coach06

O god here come the grammar police

Hollerboy79

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 03:28:06 pm
O god here come the grammar police
;D calm down, we're just giving you a hard time. Safe travels to the game tonight!

couch-coach06

Lol I thought grammar went out the window with txt messages

tacklethis...

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 02:42:58 pm

Why would we leave with our heads down? You're supposed to win! Your the favorite!

couch-coach06

According to who ? Hooters ... as far as I'm concerned we will be under dogs every game this.season

tacklethis...

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 30, 2016, 05:40:06 pm
According to who ? Hooters ... as far as I'm concerned we will be under dogs every game this.season

According to you...you got those fast guys.

couch-coach06

In about 45 min we will know ... except I'm running late

Redzone

Redzone

And Foreman wins it 56-41!!

Hollerboy79

Quote from: Redzone on September 30, 2016, 09:37:23 pm
Foreman vs the dang refs
Yeah man you're right. Dierks 12 penalties. Foreman 12 penalties. Y'all had to beat the dang refs to beat us by 15.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas