• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton vs HG

Started by baseball13, September 24, 2016, 07:41:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Wins this one Hampton or HG

Hampton
34 (55.7%)
HG
27 (44.3%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: September 30, 2016, 07:41:42 am

baseball13

This should be a good game maybe for the Conference championship. Give me you thoughts.

Hornet4ever

Hopefully another 14 page thread.

dawgpound

Hornet4ever

Think Hampton gets beat this week, as the great Phil Collins once said:

"I can feel it, coming in the air tonight.... Oh lord."

8)

bulldawg2016

This will be a good game!! If Hampton doesn't turn the ball over 5 times we will win!!

BrianfromCarlisle

You didn't play the air drums Hornet!!   You can't use that without the air drums. EVERYONE knows that

In the words of greatest big baby...
Well he doesn't use words.   

ERRRRRDAY.

bobthebuilder

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 24, 2016, 08:22:52 am
You didn't play the air drums Hornet!!   You can't use that without the air drums. EVERYONE knows that

In the words of greatest big baby...
Well he doesn't use words.   

ERRRRRDAY.
I'd like to try and read GBB's thoughts on this game

HorseFeathers

wish I had another free Friday night to go back down to south arkansas for this one...

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 24, 2016, 07:45:44 am
Hopefully another 14 page thread.

I'll go to work on Monday and see how far we can get

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: baseball13 on September 24, 2016, 07:41:42 am
This should be a good game maybe for the Conference championship. Give me you thoughts.

Maybe not!  8)

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bobthebuilder on September 24, 2016, 09:16:00 am
I'd like to try and read GBB's thoughts on this game

We might all need to chip in and but Hooked on Phonics so we can read his stuff......I hear that it works miracles

bobthebuilder

Quote from: Dr. Defense on September 24, 2016, 10:40:42 am
We might all need to chip in and but Hooked on Phonics so we can read his stuff......I hear that it works miracles
It may be more entertaining not knowing. ..

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bobthebuilder on September 24, 2016, 11:48:14 am
It may be more entertaining not knowing. ..

Definitely no lack of entertainment.......it takes a skilled mind to decipher

HG Hornet

Quote from: baseball13 on September 24, 2016, 07:41:42 am
I think it's gonna be a good one.  I just really hope that the adults who'll be there remember that they are at a high school, a place of learning and education, and support their team the right way.  Seeing our kids F bombed by Glen Rose fans sickened me.  All the players are kids and we should all remember that.  There's nothing wrong with cheering on your team and enjoying it when they win, but rubbing it in on the losing team isn't what it's all about.

This game could decide 1st place in the conference, but this year there are 5 teams who could come out on top.  I think anyone could shuffle CHG, Hampton, Bearden, Rison, and Parkers Chapel and you're looking easily at the top 5.  Those five will all make the playoffs and will go deep and maybe even play each other again in the playoffs.  Looking forward to that! 

Dr. Defense

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 24, 2016, 01:02:09 pm
I think it's gonna be a good one.  I just really hope that the adults who'll be there remember that they are at a high school, a place of learning and education, and support their team the right way.  Seeing our kids F bombed by Glen Rose fans sickened me.  All the players are kids and we should all remember that.  There's nothing wrong with cheering on your team and enjoying it when they win, but rubbing it in on the losing team isn't what it's all about.

This game could decide 1st place in the conference, but this year there are 5 teams who could come out on top.  I think anyone could shuffle CHG, Hampton, Bearden, Rison, and Parkers Chapel and you're looking easily at the top 5.  Those five will all make the playoffs and will go deep and maybe even play each other again in the playoffs.  Looking forward to that!

Don't be offended too much Glen Rose does that to everyone.....as far as this game it should be a great one I wish I could make it

Hgalum50

Gonna be a really great game Hampton earned my respect with last nights win but if they do turn the ball over its a done deal but if not turnovers i believe it might be a shootout.

Rida4Life

To win Hampton must clean up the sloppy play and late hits.. Only a couple were called last night but a "homer" crew like they will see at Grove will light them up all night.  Grove will also be talented enough to take advantage of mistakes.  I haven't seen them play but they have seen enough competition that they won't be intimidated.  This ought to be one heck of a HS football game.

dawgpound

The grovers are pretty good but don't think they have enough speed for us if we hold on to the ball that seemed to be a issue this week

eldofan

Should be a great game . With the schedule harmony grove has played they should be prepared for a good Hampton team. I still see Hampton as my dark horse that could go deep in the playoffs if not all the way. England being the favorite to win it all.

Hgalum50

I dont see Hampton making it to the state title ill say 3rd round.

eldofan

Agreed but  possibly state if they clean up penalties and avoid England .

Hgalum50

Its gonna be hard for anybody to avoid England but they are beatable its HS football

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on September 25, 2016, 09:32:28 am
Its gonna be hard for anybody to avoid England but they are beatable its HS football
I say we send them Redcoats back across the water where they came from.  :)  Sorry, that wasn't funny......I just couldn't resist. 

CHG has played a brutal schedule and came out with a great victory over an old foe in Smackover, a bad loss with lots of injuries vs Prescott, a near miss "surprise everybody" game against Glen Rose, and a road trip conference win where our bus broke down on the way down to "Zika Territory" in Strong.  CHG kids are all healthy now, except one, and I feel like they'll represent well.  Go Hornets!

HorseFeathers

1 seed goes to des arc in quarterfinals...2 seed would host Hector in second round, go to Earle in quarters...well assuming we all make it that far right??

baseball13

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 25, 2016, 10:10:03 am
1 seed goes to des arc in quarterfinals...2 seed would host Hector in second round, go to Earle in quarters...well assuming we all make it that far right??

With that said I hope Hampton make it to des ark to beat up on the eagles for good ol pick. Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on September 25, 2016, 12:29:24 pm
With that said I hope Hampton make it to des ark to beat up on the eagles for good ol pick. Lol

Yea me too. Does Hampton have enough "short buses" to get all yall up this far? Hahaha

flawlessthoughts

Should be a good game until Wes Ables unleashes Monta. I love what they are doing but I don't love the offense they are running. Put Monta in space then watch him work.  Sure enough they are averaging over 40 points a game. If they spread things out they may average 70 points a game. The kid can throw it & run that read option to perfection. He's limiting his throwing & scrambling abilities with the offense they are currently running. Let Monta be Monta.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on September 25, 2016, 12:44:06 pm
Should be a good game until Wes Ables unleashes Monta. I love what they are doing but I don't love the offense they are running. Put Monta in space then watch him work.  Sure enough they are averaging over 40 points a game. If they spread things out they may average 70 points a game. The kid can throw it & run that read option to perfection. He's limiting his throwing & scrambling abilities with the offense they are currently running. Let Monta be Monta.

Maybe he is actually smart enough to save that until the games actually mean something or am I offering to much credit? Lol

flawlessthoughts

Kevin Child's should be starting also. He's shifty, powerful & has homerun speed. Use the other rbs as wrs while Ta & Kevin handle the running duties from the spread formation. WATCH OUT!!

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 25, 2016, 12:49:13 pm
Maybe he is actually smart enough to save that until the games actually mean something or am I offering to much credit? Lol
Waaayyyy too much credit.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on September 25, 2016, 12:50:18 pm
Kevin Child's should be starting also. He's shifty, powerful & has homerun speed. Use the other rbs as wrs while Ta & Kevin handle the running duties from the spread formation. WATCH OUT!!

My last comment would/could be applied here as well. Lol

wideopendownthesideline

Would like to see hampton spread it out a lil more... but i understand keeping the offense closed until they need it... will be a great game... hampton 54 hg 45

dawgpound

He wasn't ejected they gave a personal foul and they just sent him out so nothing else happened he can play

dawgpound

Quote from: wideopendownthesideline on September 25, 2016, 02:55:54 pm
Would like to see hampton spread it out a lil more... but i understand keeping the offense closed until they need it... will be a great game... hampton 54 hg 45
no way they score 45pts on Hampton I know they throw the ball alittle more than anybody else we have played but I don't see them being much better than PC or Dyce was

Hgalum50

Quote from: dawgpound on September 25, 2016, 03:16:49 pm
no way they score 45pts on Hampton I know they throw the ball alittle more than anybody else we have played but I don't see them being much better than PC or Dyce was
Dude do you pay attention to football like really you got give credit where its due beat Smackover that is playing good now lost to prescott bad with alot of injuries but precott looks great and lost to Glen Rose by 8 who is tough come on now!

dawgpound

PC tied smackover 6-6 I know Prescott and GR are good but smack isn't hg won't score 45 on Hampton

Hgalum50

Quote from: dawgpound on September 25, 2016, 04:59:57 pm
PC tied smackover 6-6 I know Prescott and GR are good but smack isn't hg won't score 45 on Hampton
Im not saying they will score 45 but i am saying that smackover is better than you think but it should be a good game and good luck to yall on Friday Go Hornets!

bear for life

Hampton will not be able to stop harmony grove passing no team u have played this for is an threat like hg gonna be

bulldawg2016

Quote from: bear for life on September 25, 2016, 06:43:29 pm
Hampton will not be able to stop harmony grove passing no team u have played this for is an threat like hg gonna be
will HG be able to stop Hampton?

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on September 25, 2016, 07:05:04 pm
will HG be able to stop Hampton?

No unless Hampton stops themselves

dawgpound

Hgalum50

That Defense of HG salty tho!

Dr. Defense

Quote from: dawgpound on September 25, 2016, 07:47:28 pm
this is true

HG is fast on defense but typically doesn't handle a run heavy team well

dawgpound

I know they like to crack block to they done that a lot when I played back in the day

Hgalum50

Jus saying Glen Rose is heavy on run and HG had like 2 goal line stands!

dawgpound

We don't do goal line stands we score from 50 or farther lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dawgpound on September 25, 2016, 04:59:57 pm

haha...smackover early or pre-season games aren't a good barometer by any means...look at last year, talent every where...still couldn't get their offense figured out early

Cheek

Hampton will have to play error free football to win this game.  If they have five fumbles this week, dawgpound's post total will slow down. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 25, 2016, 09:01:09 pm
haha...smackover early or pre-season games aren't a good barometer by any means...look at last year, talent every where...still couldn't get their offense figured out early

I was just getting ready to say this very same thing.

bigworm

I'm still waiting to get on the hermdog wagon. If they beat CHG I'll be impressed. I think they are very very good offensively and have played some teams that aren't very dynamic offensively. Also, it will take a well coached athletic defense to stop the move ins.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas