• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marked Tree vs Earle, cross all the I's and dot all the T's, forfeit city here we come.

Started by Pit Bull, September 24, 2016, 01:26:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

Ok, with Marked Tree's entire backfield potentially out plus other players for the Big Brawl at the EPC Alamo, will this be a repeat of the junior high game that never happened? I don't know what to expect really....

Dogg

bdubyab60

There were only 5 or 6 ejected on each side. Shouldn't be a forefiet. Earle can ne their score though.

Dogg

bulldog2006

Quick question? ??? Why is this game being played in marked tree? We went to marked tree last year.

Dogg

Hatchet

Dogg

mtindian42

Quote from: Dogg on September 25, 2016, 07:39:34 pm
I thought 42 said the Indians were loaded
i was being a fan. The talent is there it's just not coming together... Safe to say this season is not looking to good for us... I hope they prove me wrong. Time will tell.

Dogg

mtindian42

Quote from: Dogg on September 25, 2016, 08:12:48 pm
Getting out of the Double Wing would a good start
thats not the problem to me. Some fans want to see it go. I like it myself. Guys just can't seem to hold on to the ball. That's a lot of it with this team.

Dogg

Donnie Jamon

bdubyab60

As far as fumbling the other night for MT. One was on the punter handling a bad snap. One the QB just turned and dropped by what I saw.

Here is the issue and you can make of it what you want. Its hard to run double handoffs with defensive linemen driving your offensive linemen into the running backs. MT had their best success when they straight handed the ball off on sweeps and up the middle. When they tried to run the plays that are sort of delayed or require the double hand off we always had someone back there hitting someone.

MTINDIANFAN

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 26, 2016, 02:20:26 pm
As far as fumbling the other night for MT. One was on the punter handling a bad snap. One the QB just turned and dropped by what I saw.

Here is the issue and you can make of it what you want. Its hard to run double handoffs with defensive linemen driving your offensive linemen into the running backs. MT had their best success when they straight handed the ball off on sweeps and up the middle. When they tried to run the plays that are sort of delayed or require the double hand off we always had someone back there hitting someone.
That is exactly my feeling on this offense. And, as closely packed in as the offense is, the defense automatically has the box loaded. Also, with the backside guard or tackle pulling, the d-lineman left free is running the back down from behind. The only team I remember seeing run this offense in a dominating fashion was Gosnell back in their heyday.

MynameisJeff

bdubyab60

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on September 26, 2016, 02:37:10 pm
That is exactly my feeling on this offense. And, as closely packed in as the offense is, the defense automatically has the box loaded. Also, with the backside guard or tackle pulling, the d-lineman left free is running the back down from behind. The only team I remember seeing run this offense in a dominating fashion was Gosnell back in their heyday.
A lot of teams ran it back in the day as they say. But Carlilse ran it for years and Wallis is a Waymire guy so MT is going to run it. You have to be able to block well to run it though and MT line isn't as good as it was last year and they don't have the breakaway back in Griffin that they had last year and Daniels who ran the play fakes really well. This year you can really tell where the ball is going and EPC for the most part shot the gaps and disrupted the timing. Even on the good runs it was mostly great effort by the back that got the yardage.

Donnie Jamon

Also note that Carlisle had some mean and strong boys on that line and tough backs that could break tackles.. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 26, 2016, 03:17:16 pm
Also note that Carlisle had some mean and strong boys on that line and tough backs that could break tackles..
That they did.

Pit Bull

bdubyab60

Lions84

MomaLion

Mr. Trill

NEark tigers

NEark tigers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas