• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison at Bearden, 2A game of the week?

Started by softball80, September 17, 2016, 09:47:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

softball80

Ventman

WonderWartHawg

Will be interesting to see how much Rison has improved after playing up in class the first three weeks, two 3A teams and one 4A. Came out of that 2-1. They have improved since the opening loss against Fordyce, now lets see how much.

Backwoods Bart

The Bears have the wheels back on the wagon. Rison will have the same problem as Gurdon did. Too much Bearden speed on defense for the offense that Rison will present. Love the Berry/Lee QB package. It gave Gurdon fitz! Correct the dropped balls and the O/line ailments and this could get interesting.

tacklethis...

I think it comes down to extra points/2 pt conversions...Whichever team does this the best wins. I think its that close....

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Bearden by 2 safeties.

Bearden-  24
Rison-  20

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 18, 2016, 08:45:30 pm
The Bears have the wheels back on the wagon. Rison will have the same problem as Gurdon did. Too much Bearden speed on defense for the offense that Rison will present. Love the Berry/Lee QB package. It gave Gurdon fitz! Correct the dropped balls and the O/line ailments and this could get interesting.
Don't know anything about the Lee kid, but I know Tyler Berry is a good QB.  Good arm! 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 19, 2016, 06:05:54 pm
Don't know anything about the Lee kid, but I know Tyler Berry is a good QB.  Good arm! 

Has a cannon, and very mobile....

HG Hornet

Ventman

Hgalum50

If Rison got their running game going it should be a good one it pains me to say this but Bearden by 7.

Jag-Class07

dawgpound

Where is the game at I'm going with the home team

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dawgpound on September 21, 2016, 04:01:41 pm
Where is the game at I'm going with the home team

it's in the title 8)

Rison at Bearden

Lumberjackfan1978

Lions84

Yes it is the game of the week and I see a bad moon a Rison Friday night.

bulldawg2016

dawgpound

I wasn't confident enough to pick a score but I'll take bearden

Ventman

Quote from: Lions84 on September 22, 2016, 10:10:54 am
Yes it is the game of the week and I see a bad moon a Rison Friday night.
x2 84, The Bears are on the rise!

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: dawgpound on September 22, 2016, 01:39:21 pm
I wasn't confident enough to pick a score but I'll take bearden
I've been back and forth on this one. Rison isn't really impressing anyone. They scored 50 something on LV, but who hasn't. Bearden's defense played well last week, forcing 5 turnovers and returning a fumble for a td. Still having trouble stopping the run though. It's the offense that has problems. Only scoring 4 tds in 3 games. The running game finally got on track a little bit and it looks like they're running the Bearden Bear Wildcat now, or at least they did the 2nd half last week. Look pretty good, but still couldn't find the endzone. They need to find their identity soon cause your not going to beat HG and Hampton scoring just 14 pts. a game. I wouldn't be shocked if Bearden won.

MR#1

Bold prediction:

Rison 22
Bearden 12

Hope it's a good game. Go Cats!

Wonderdog

This game will be interesting. Rison's run game appears to be decent at the worst. Bearden's defense seems to be playing well. As a Bearden poster already mentioned, their offense will need to step it up for this one. The Rison defense seems a bit suspect as well. A typical Rison team would not allow 22 points against Lake Village. I will be checking frequently on updates for this game. I just hope someone keeps the updates rolling Friday night.

Backwoods Bart

Backwoods Bart

bearbacker52

Backwoods Bart

Backwoods Bart

Devilcat54

WonderWartHawg

The ref crew is so bad it's comical. Where did these guys come from?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on September 23, 2016, 08:45:45 pm
The ref crew is so bad it's comical. Where did these guys come from?

Called pretty Cloe so far.

Backwoods Bart

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 23, 2016, 08:50:17 pm
Called pretty Cloe so far.

Ummm.... fumble that Rison recovered clearly that was given to Bearden.
Refs signaling first down for Rison, then picking up ball and moving it back and call for a measurement.
Missed clips, Missed blocks in back, clock running during timeouts...
Bogus PI call.... the list goes on and on.

jsky14

Backwoods Bart

bearbacker52

September 23, 2016, 09:09:52 pm #34 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:14:04 pm by bearbacker52
Quote from: jsky14 on September 23, 2016, 08:58:51 pm
Sounds like the last game I saw at rison.

what happened

HorseFeathers

WonderWartHawg

LOL, Rison QB hit 2 yards out of bounds, no flag!

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: jsky14 on September 23, 2016, 08:58:51 pm
Sounds like the last game I saw at rison.

Yeah, but if you're going to be bad, be bad on both sides.

WonderWartHawg

LOL, clock operator ran 4 more seconds off after Rison called timeout.

bearbacker52

bears win interception in end zone, rison passing for go ahead td.  Hard fought game.

WonderWartHawg

It's okay to push receivers out of bounds as well, lol.  Ref didn't even watch the play, lol.
Where did they get these drunks?

WonderWartHawg

This officiating crew will get reported to AAA Monday morning, and not sour grapes - rightfully so.

WPWells

Awwwww I'm sorry to hear that the officials cost you the game. Officials have a tendency to do that from everything I see on this website

WonderWartHawg

LOL, if you had been on the other side, you'd be screaming louder than I am.
Your coach knows how bad the refs were, too.
He ought to apologize to Totty, if he was man enough.

I don't expect perfection in 2A ball from the ref crews, 2A kind of gets the bottom of the barrel.  But this was atrocious. This was Altheimer bad!

RabidWolf

Every single thread I've looked at across 4 classifications has mentioned officials....

WPWells

wideopendownthesideline

Backwoods Bart

Coaching theatrics may work in Rison where I've seen the HC run out to mid field screaming and stomping and get the call, but this wasn't Rison. Rison just got beat!

Backwoods Bart

Hornet4ever

I picked Rison to win on accident, I couldve swore I picked Bearden. Smh...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas